Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Mind if I work on Primal Kyogre? I already started doing it, and got the feeling that I'm not gonna finish this that quickly in just a day.

It's not entirely finished. And forgive my crappy work, I'll try on improving it more when I got all it's designs and colors finished. Stuff that I finished is the left(right) wings, is that how you call that? I also finished the tail, but still working on that middle spike that has a yellow pastel color connected to that big oval close to it's eye. This guy has a lot of colors that I can't even shade stuff that fine, also take note that the recoloring isn't finished.. so expect some color limit overlap.

As always, any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Hi! :)
Thank you :D

This Furfrous see also great too :)
But I have a feeling, the style is slightly different.
I think also because I'm doing the back sprites myself, I'm going through with it, to make them all.

And yes, of course you can use my sprites. :D
Credit would be great!
I will rest when they're done, upload it to devianart.
If you want, I'll send you the link then.

My works are all creative common. :)
But I'm always happy when I get a finished game sent, is included in the things of me!

Josey~
ok, but what's your name in devianart?

Update on Primal Kyogre.. and I actually finished it quicker than I thought..

Completed all designs! But I'll keep the editing doors open in case of improvements. Aaand... I kinda crossed the '15 color limit' with 2 more.. so is that fine? If not, I'll do another recolor.

Update on Primal Kyogre.. and I actually finished it quicker than I thought..

Completed all designs! But I'll keep the editing doors open in case of improvements. Aaand... I kinda crossed the '15 color limit' with 2 more.. so is that fine? If not, I'll do another recolor.
Hate to tell you this, but it looks like you saved the file as a JPEG. Hopefully you have another one somewhere else saved...otherwise you're gonna need to go and recolor the entire sprite back to its original color format.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
it's saved as jpeg but all the colours are fine. Quany used to do the same thing.

Although for my blood pressure I prefer png. I'll hit up some QC when it is done.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
upload_2014-8-25_17-32-29.png
Here's Mega Sableye, I think his base is pretty much done, of course we could always add more, but what I mean is that the structure is done :)
I'm not proud of the ear, but I think it's a start and better than what I had before. I also added the hand as you guys can see. If you guys haven't guessed before I tried to make him hiding behind his jewel using it as a shield like it's supposed to do. I was thinking as a rare animation to tilt his head and grin creepily like he is known for showing his personality, but since his teeth are like yellow/gold it maybe over the limit.
upload_2014-8-25_17-35-3.png
Sableye isn't the only one I have finished touching up on for now, but Pikachu Libre is my costume pose' base is now finished as well-with a terrible arm I must add, also not making me proud at all. I don't see how I can fix that right (his left) arm without making it from scratch again, I will remake it if anyone dislikes it (I think it just looks chunky). Tail was slightly edited, I made the white bolts on his pants slightly different, but nothing major, so I'm still working on them.

Attachments

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
TrainerSplash , as a bystander looking over the project, I would say that the Libre sprite looks a tad tall? Like it's supposed to be pikachu dressed up, without any anatomical edits, so maby making the head lower, or closing the gap between the clothes? Im not sure.

Yeah, Librechu looks like a chubby Mexican kid dressing up as his favourite luchador.

The costume itself is very well sprited, though! Sableye looks great as well; are we doing the reflective property or just leaving it as-is? It's good either way, though.

Hate to tell you this, but it looks like you saved the file as a JPEG. Hopefully you have another one somewhere else saved...otherwise you're gonna need to go and recolor the entire sprite back to its original color format.
it's saved as jpeg but all the colours are fine. Quany used to do the same thing.

Although for my blood pressure I prefer png. I'll hit up some QC when it is done.
Thanks for the alert. I didn't get to check stuff that much because of another school day. It's actually my first time participating a project, so I'm not that familiar with stuff. Changed the small problem, well I think at least.

Attachments

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
TrainerSplash , as a bystander looking over the project, I would say that the Libre sprite looks a tad tall? Like it's supposed to be pikachu dressed up, without any anatomical edits, so maby making the head lower, or closing the gap between the clothes? Im not sure.
Yeah I can try lowering the head, seems to be a lot of open space there on the chest.
Yeah, Librechu looks like a chubby Mexican kid dressing up as his favourite luchador.

The costume itself is very well sprited, though! Sableye looks great as well; are we doing the reflective property or just leaving it as-is? It's good either way, though.
What are you saying here exactly. If you are saying to make it more chubby I possibly can

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
Yeah I can try lowering the head, seems to be a lot of open space there on the chest.

What are you saying here exactly. If you are saying to make it more chubby I possibly can
I believe he is trying to say to make it more rounded. Right now the sprite looks like its been pulled upwards and downwards simaltaneously, if ya know what i mean.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Primal Kyogre
upload_2014-8-26_16-55-16.png

So I edited Farriella's Primal Kyogre. You're lucky I found certain areas of the original kyogre and covered them up. I fixed some of the light blue highlighs as they do not go on the edge and should should be reflection so I did that (notice how it's that indigo purple now on the edge) Lines on his back have been relocated as they shouldn't be connecting to the blue highlights on the "shark fins". If you looked closely on the sprite before you could see a faint dark blue from the original Kyogre sprite, so I changed it so it could work better so now it's a more purple like color, along with adding it in certain places. moved tummy stripes a bit and lastly I fixed some lightening and outline.

Pikachu Libre
I believe he is trying to say to make it more rounded. Right now the sprite looks like its been pulled upwards and downwards simaltaneously, if ya know what i mean.
That makes much more sense. I'll see what I can do.

Mega Slowbro
My concern is how the three layers of shell/body is shaded differently.
Maybe something like this?
As stated by other users, the middle layer looks odd and should be fixed, it's on even on the left and right sides. The right (his left) spike should be more symmetrical with the one on the left (his right). It looks good but it looks like it's curved. I've been looking at him and the teeth look shorter on the left than they do on the right (his left). Top Shell looks a little thick too.

Primal Kyogre
View attachment 25004
So I edited Farriella's Primal Kyogre. You're lucky I found certain areas of the original kyogre and covered them up. I fixed some of the light blue highlighs as they do not go on the edge and should should be reflection so I did that (notice how it's that indigo purple now on the edge) Lines on his back have been relocated as they shouldn't be connecting to the blue highlights on the "shark fins". If you looked closely on the sprite before you could see a faint dark blue from the original Kyogre sprite, so I changed it so it could work better so now it's a more purple like color, along with adding it in certain places. moved tummy stripes a bit and lastly I fixed some lightening and outline.
Glad to see some improvements, cause I feel it's not really perfect myself.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Primal Groudon
Before anyone says anything yes I have seen the other Primal Groudon
upload_2014-8-27_17-53-48.png
Almost all new colors, yellow outlines not fully finished. he was made thicker and changed the tail to make it wider. White has been removed for a darker "dirty chocolate" color. Spikes and teeth were made to be like the stomach. Spikes (black ones) made longer. Added back spike to the back of his foot. heavy change to arm. I think Head was slightly moved left and up.

Primal Kyogre
upload_2014-8-27_17-58-27.png
Fixed a few things on primal kyogre, again just shading and lightening.
Pikachu Libre
upload_2014-8-27_17-59-13.png
Finally made Libre-chu more chubby and wrestler like. Height was shrunk on the head by one pixel.

I really like how your Pikachu Libre is coming, TrainerSplash, though I made a few edits on it:

Changes include:
-Adding shading to various areas, such as the stomach, arms, and ears.
-Smoothing out the Pokeball design on Pikachu's shirt.
-Shrinking Pikachu's height by one pixel, as well as thinning out Pikachu's arms slightly.
-Making Pikachu go on a bit of a diet and exercise program, making him lose a bit of weight around the waist.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
I really like how your Pikachu Libre is coming, TrainerSplash, though I made a few edits on it:

Changes include:
-Adding shading to various areas, such as the stomach, arms, and ears.
-Smoothing out the Pokeball design on Pikachu's shirt.
-Shrinking Pikachu's height by one pixel, as well as thinning out Pikachu's arms slightly.
-Making Pikachu go on a bit of a diet and exercise program, making him lose a bit of weight around the waist.
He's looking more and more like Pikachu lol. I love that new arm, not sure if we should try going for the flexing pose as I tried to make before. Pokeball looks nicer, and liking that shading.
Now making him go on a diet isn't anything new, he's been doing this since 1999. Jokes aside thinning him out is pretty good. it doesn't look like he is inhaling his chest and making his back look thick anymore.
wonderful edits :)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Primal Groudon
Yoink

Yeah back still has no tail split, and maybe I'll change some proportions, heck that tail split at the front I am not completely satisfied with yet. But I'm posting this and not going to work on Groudon at all until I get the models. Once that happens I'll make changes as I go but there is much more effective work to be done in ORAS and in XY.

Models > Art for proportions, always.

Kyogre on the other hand may appreciate the removal of that soft orange colour and replacing it with a red from the fin, then again this may mess us up when the shiny comes around. To be honest the colour sharing here might really scare me, but what splash has can work, not sure about the colour choice on fin highlights, looks out of place. It also might be something that is best left until we get the games, to completely fine tune. All I know is I'd appreciate more blue if we can afford to give it.

I have a mega swampert back in development and ideally I can get that up soon, had to repair my laptop first then got distracted by some other personal stuff

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Yoink

Yeah back still has no tail split, and maybe I'll change some proportions, heck that tail split at the front I am not completely satisfied with yet. But I'm posting this and not going to work on Groudon at all until I get the models. Once that happens I'll make changes as I go but there is much more effective work to be done in ORAS and in XY.

Models > Art for proportions, always.

Kyogre on the other hand may appreciate the removal of that soft orange colour and replacing it with a red from the fin, then again this may mess us up when the shiny comes around. To be honest the colour sharing here might really scare me, but what splash has can work, not sure about the colour choice on fin highlights, looks out of place. It also might be something that is best left until we get the games, to completely fine tune. All I know is I'd appreciate more blue if we can afford to give it.

I have a mega swampert back in development and ideally I can get that up soon, had to repair my laptop first then got distracted by some other personal stuff
Yay my poor communication skills come back again: I can't understand what you saying- well I do but not fully. But we really could use the colors from my Groudon onto this one. As using colors from Kyogre, I'm really scared to do so, as why I made them share the same glowing colors.

Edit: I updated Mega Sceptile front and back! New head for the front sprite same idea but a lot better than what we have had before. He looks really small compared to his front sprite so I have no idea if that is something to worry about or not. Edited the yellow bulbs on the back. and fixed some out lining on both, but mostly the cross/"x" on the back sprite.
upload_2014-8-28_16-18-41.png

I have also noticed that I am credited for Primal Kyogre on the chart, I'm not sure if this is an error or on purpose, but it was Farriella who made the first Primal Kyogre, and which I added on to it. So yeah I don't know if this was an error on wrong user, or accidentally putting my name on Kyogre and not the other two Pokemon I created. Just wanted to point it out :)

Last edited:
Yay my poor communication skills come back again: I can't understand what you saying- well I do but not fully. But we really could use the colors from my Groudon onto this one. As using colors from Kyogre, I'm really scared to do so, as why I made them share the same glowing colors.

Edit: I updated Mega Sceptile front and back! New head for the front sprite same idea but a lot better than what we have had before. He looks really small compared to his front sprite so I have no idea if that is something to worry about or not. Edited the yellow bulbs on the back. and fixed some out lining on both, but mostly the cross/"x" on the back sprite.
View attachment 25149

I have also noticed that I am credited for Primal Kyogre on the chart, I'm not sure if this is an error or on purpose, but it was Farriella who made the first Primal Kyogre, and which I added on to it. So yeah I don't know if this was an error on wrong user, or accidentally putting my name on Kyogre and not the other two Pokemon I created. Just wanted to point it out :)
I really gotta disagree with you on this one. The new head is way too small, as you've stated, but also lacks any sort of emotion. The ears aren't angled in the correct position, the neck is severely undersized, and the shading seems too flat. I personally feel we'll be better off with the current sprite we're using, and allow Layell and PoM to throw forward any edits or suggestions before making any major alterations.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
I really gotta disagree with you on this one. The new head is way too small, as you've stated, but also lacks any sort of emotion. The ears aren't angled in the correct position, the neck is severely undersized, and the shading seems too flat. I personally feel we'll be better off with the current sprite we're using, and allow Layell and PoM to throw forward any edits or suggestions before making any major alterations.
Yeah I wouldn't mind waiting for Layell or Princess to give out any suggestions or edits themselves. But I could always make the neck longer, better ears etc. However for the ears it's the way the head is tilted that makes it odd, but it is worth trying to make them bigger and longer. and I have to admit, his head having flat shading makes his head also very very flat looking probably because I used a black outline and went over the outline and not editing any other parts. I don't see what you mean by emotionless though, that's literally how his face looks and it looks... idk how to put it...
His mouth just ends. In my artwork I tried making him smile more.
Sorry for the large image BTW, I don't know how to shrink it XP

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
made the back sprite for Kyogre. I edited the front sprite slightly in order to match with the back sprite, because if it looked odd if I kept some of the orange to a minimum like on the front. So really only upgraded the yellow/orange glow. nothing else was changed. As said before with the front sprite, we should probably not, I repeat not, (unless told otherwise by Layell or PoM) to edit the back sprite until the shiny version of Primal Kyogre (if he has one) is released.
upload_2014-8-29_15-15-37.png

edit: first of all, holy poop no update on the project since friday!
upload_2014-9-2_16-50-3.png

Mega Sableye update. Got started on the back! Not sure if I like those gems though that are attached to him on the back, I may go back and rework them but I think this is a lovely version of it for now. The new Jewel is just a reversed version of the front with mini modifications added mods on it, however, both front and back have been slightly altered it looked odd at the bottom to yeah fixed outline on the jewel. I also made a new ear for the front sprite to fit the back sprite's. Still need to figure out how to edit the giant jewel on the back sprite a little more, again it will work for now IMO.

upload_2014-9-2_16-55-31.png

Also small update on Pikachu libre. But I really just cleaned up the mess around the tail and back. Cynical forgot to remove some things from the last edit, but those are all fixed now!

Last edited:
Hey Ive been looking at this thread foe a while now and I have really taken a liking to it and I was just wondering if I could use the ORAS mega pokemon to resize for my rom hack? Also TrainerSplash are you planning on doing a Volcanion and Hoopa backsprite? :]

Before anyone's gonna say something, I fixed Primal Kyogre's blue highlight from the tail spike.

To me before, it looked really bumpy. But now, I made the highlight look smoother.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)