Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Hey Ive been looking at this thread foe a while now and I have really taken a liking to it and I was just wondering if I could use the ORAS mega pokemon to resize for my rom hack? Also TrainerSplash are you planning on doing a Volcanion and Hoopa backsprite? :]
I may or may not make Hoopa and Volcanion back sprites. I don't think they were excepted by either Layell or PoM (however I think one other user did like it). Not only that I traced them from snap shots so I'm not exactly proud of them but if anyone else likes them and Layell and/or PoM like them as well I'll go onto making their back sprites from scratch.

as for ORAS megas for your Rom hack, you would have to talk to Layell or Princess for that.
Before anyone's gonna say something, I fixed Primal Kyogre's blue highlight from the tail spike.

To me before, it looked really bumpy. But now, I made the highlight look smoother.
Thanks for updating Kyogre he looks much nicer and cleaner now.

Are there any sprites i can do? They all look complete D:
You could always go through the Google Doc page listed on the first post and look through Pokemon that look outdated. You can also help offer valid critiques of current works-in-progress and even touch up a few sprites yourself if you feel the need to.

You could always go through the Google Doc page listed on the first post and look through Pokemon that look outdated. You can also help offer valid critiques of current works-in-progress and even touch up a few sprites yourself if you feel the need to.
I think i'll go and touch up the mega slowbro and see if i can improve it.

I'll post results soon maybe.

Mega Slowbro was updated a loong time ago buddy. It's probably best to look back on thread pages as sometimes the document isn't always up to date (for example my sableye isn't up there and probably won't until approved).
I just looked back on the pages that have slowbro stuff on them and saw that i don't exactly have the right sprite i think. On the previous page there is a pic of the one i think i'm supposed to be using.

All that is really different from the google doc sprite is it's arms.
So maybe if i just copy the corrected arms onto my edit...

I just decided to edit the google doc one because the lines didn't look right (they are square-ish, not circular) and some of the teeth were at the wrong angle.

And of course the shading i edited and improved (i'm pretty sure it looks better, and more pokemon like xD)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mega Altaria is now free to sprite, but rest assured if you do it badly pom will surely QC the heck out of it.

I still have a huge problem with that Sableye head. I have no timeline on my swampert back, and I haven't heard from Speed-X lately so my ttar mega back is free. I have progress files on both if someone is feeling adventurous. As some of you know I've been busy lately with life, but I plan to get a lot of this organized before leaks.

I am sill not happy with Slowbro arms, but I'll probably need to have a back before my edits occur to that.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Mega Altaria is now free to sprite, but rest assured if you do it badly pom will surely QC the heck out of it.

I still have a huge problem with that Sableye head. I have no timeline on my swampert back, and I haven't heard from Speed-X lately so my ttar mega back is free. I have progress files on both if someone is feeling adventurous. As some of you know I've been busy lately with life, but I plan to get a lot of this organized before leaks.

I am sill not happy with Slowbro arms, but I'll probably need to have a back before my edits occur to that.
I'll try to rework Sableye's head. I might work on a mega altaria tomorrow after school, but I won't make any promises. As for slowbro are you talking about Glustora's Slowbro, or the one we had before. Cause the other one looks nice on my side and the claws don't look awkward on the old one.
Take time your time or even a break if you need to. we understand that you have a life and you might not be able to work on the project as much. Again, take your time, life comes first then forum and a pokemon stuff after. :)

I went and added the arms from the other slowbro sprite to my edit, and tweaked the right claws a little bit:
mega slowbro edit 2.png

If you are still not happy with the arms, i can go and have a try at making some from scratch.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so wait anirudhbala98 did you make them or did leparagon? I don't see these on his Deviantart page... can I use them, edit them, what is the exact deal here it's helpful to know when I'm dealing with these things.

I don't have time to look over them now, but I'll take a peek later.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
I don't understand, are we or are we not supposed to use the normal pikachu sprites, before it was said not to use them as they are not meant to be cloathed. Some of the cloathed don't seem to be finished either, such as Libre not having his "thunder bolt" on his forehead. I don't think we should have really started on the shinies yet as they are not shown. But they are good for what is done.
But they look good so far. We just have to decide on custom or official sprites as the base.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
I just like having options I do want customs in the end, like I said I barely looked at them.
Alright, thank you for clearing this up. It's probably best to use these guys as an idea of what they could like.

Also sorry if coming off rude or bossy to anyone. I think I'm a little stressed from school.

Edit: Glustora, we can possibly just add your changes to the other sprite. But I do agree some of your changes to this one does look better. It's best to combine the two in my opinion.

Did someone order a Mega Altaria?

I made this a little after Mega Altaria was revealed, though I refrained from posting it since it was pre-reserved. I recently fixed it up a bit too, and made the back sprite about a week ago.
I have it with two palettes; one with the original colors, and one with the lighter colors from the artwork/model.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
So apparently Cynical got Altaira done before me. Going to cry now, cause I wanted to first. I've have one done too, however instead of making it fly like the original or whatever it's doing in Cynical's version (flying but also jumping?). I made it stand as I thought it would be easier. I'm not very proud of the wings or the giant cloud butt-tail-back-thing. Since he uploaded his while I made mine I took borrowed the colors for mine. Made entirely from scratch, except for the face, but that had modifications to it. Cynical's is a lot better than mine, but I thought I'd upload mine anyways.
upload_2014-9-9_19-7-17.png

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Nice stuff Poet, if you want to do some minor perfecting the tail shading seems a bit weird to me but otherwise it looks great. As for colours I see there is a change, but I am hoping the actual model is a bit closer to base Altaria (I really like base Altaria colours :d )

Anyways I don't normally do this but my barely done ttar mega is already so much of an improvement over the current one I'm putting it up anyways, if someone wants to improve it... please do it.

>

EDIT: GALLADE IS MINE

I have no idea what anatomy changes will be made here, and I don't even want to touch the cape before more pics... but for now enjoy nude Mega Gallase

Last edited:
I've threatened a couple of times to help with the project, but my attempt at a scratch primal groudon isn't going well (they're so much bigger I think editing them isn't right, but on the other hand I hate trying to pixel groudons face SO HARD), so here is mega camerupt!

I'm a little out of practise, but there we go.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Hmm I've been looking at Mega Sableye as well, I'm trying to push the new megas with release in November.

consider that the available colours, Mega Sableye needs the smile, it's why I added the yellow and removed one of the useless blues. This will likely require a more custom head, perhaps a different angle and it will help with how awkward I currently find the fronts head spikes.

Last edited:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
ok I don't need you to post other peoples stuff anirudhbala98 especially if a spriter never does backs, they are of little use to me. If I decide I want other peoples stuff I find it myself. People posting other spriters stuff isn't helpful nor practical.

Especially when he has things like this on his page

Please ask before using my sprites, and let me know what you're using them for. Thanks

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Did someone order a Mega Altaria?

I made this a little after Mega Altaria was revealed, though I refrained from posting it since it was pre-reserved. I recently fixed it up a bit too, and made the back sprite about a week ago.
I have it with two palettes; one with the original colors, and one with the lighter colors from the artwork/model.
Ok well first of all I want to sat this is looking great! n_n

Just wondering though what exactly are these pixels doing here and why they are here.

Also tried to remove that weird spot on the curve of its tail thats thicker than every other part:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)