Sticky XY Sprite Project (read 1st post): Release v1.1 on Post #3240

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
I'll add the Vivillon once corresponding backs are made. The only caveat being they cannot be -completely- terrible.

Everything posted thus far is fine.

I use Smogon on a phone, so I can't really download stuff besides basic images...

Why aren't they on Showdown, then? The alternate forms are accessible there.
Nobody asked me nicely once alt forms were available.

I'll add the Vivillon once corresponding backs are made. The only caveat being they cannot be -completely- terrible.

Everything posted thus far is fine.
Thank you! I was...sort of hoping someone could help with that, since I had a hard enough time with the fronts and the backs are a bit daunting. 8| Hence my request for QC, since I think some of the wing designs are a bit lopsided and I'm not sure how to make them look better.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
I made a meowstic male (front) animation! :0
Hey it looks nice, I just have two small issues.

1. It is not using the most recent sprite, see the release here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-1-on-post-3240.3486712/page-130#post-6674962
2. I think the ears flopping straight up is a bit much, I think up a little bit would be better.

Because of a few of the problems with outdated sprites I have made a notice on the sprite chart, basically check the release 1.1 and if the sprite is not included then please use the chart. Sadly I am quite busy lately so this is probably the best approach we can do.

Typhlito

One Activer Dawg
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Contributor
To add on to the advice you already got, if you could add a little movement to the tails, ears and maybe bangs during the up and down of the normal animation, it would make it flow much smoother.

As I think more and more about it, my Mega Salamence sprites could definitely use some QCing, since they look a bit dated, IMO. Whoever wishes to take up that role is free to QC the sprites in any way they want it.

I've really lost my spriting drive over time and haven't tried to get back into it, but perhaps I will in the future.

Hey guys! man sorry about that, really sorry for my delay :( My computer freaked out so it took a while to fix but now it should be fine. now I will definitely get those sprites done:)
Great work guys!

I'm planning on using these sprites in my pokemon fangame (should probably come up with a name for it at some point though.....) Is it okay if I give the credit in a .txt file and in a section in the intro?

I noticed a few Pokemon were missing their shiny forms...

Shiny Hoopa Unbound made from TrainerSplash & aXl Hoopa
Shiny Gourgeist (All sizes) Made from RedRooster/PoM/Wobblebuns original sprite. (I really don't know who to credit for this one XD)
I also have noticed that the link for Fairy Arceus is dead, I have one with shiny front and back if you need it.

Edit:
Just finished a shiny sprite for Wobblebuns Mega Diancie, I think it needs some QC, but that is the best I got =/

Edit2: So apparently this post was unnecessary. Pokemon Showdown already had these sprites, the sprite sheet on the first page just wasn't updated.

Attachments

Last edited:
Last edited:
I've noticed that some of the Smogon links in the spreadsheet lead to errors. Is there something wrong on my end, or are those sprites being re-worked or something?

Dead links more than likely. I have asked Layell if I can maintenance the Google Doc Sheet of the on the front page.
I have made a few shinies for this project only to find out they were already made, just not updated in the Document.

Last edited: