1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules. Feel also free to check out our hub to learn more about this place!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Sticky XY Sprite Project (read 1st post): Release v1.1 on Post #3240

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Laptop' started by Layell, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Silver_Lucario42

Silver_Lucario42

I use Smogon on a phone, so I can't really download stuff besides basic images...

Why aren't they on Showdown, then? The alternate forms are accessible there.
  2. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

I'll add the Vivillon once corresponding backs are made. The only caveat being they cannot be -completely- terrible.

Everything posted thus far is fine.

Nobody asked me nicely once alt forms were available.
    Integer Mova likes this.
  3. Basic Vanillite

Basic Vanillite

Thank you! I was...sort of hoping someone could help with that, since I had a hard enough time with the fronts and the backs are a bit daunting. 8| Hence my request for QC, since I think some of the wing designs are a bit lopsided and I'm not sure how to make them look better.
  4. Girafarigs-butt

Girafarigs-butt

I made a meowstic male (front) animation! :0
    [​IMG]
    Viridi and Silver_Lucario42 like this.
  5. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

Hey it looks nice, I just have two small issues.

1. It is not using the most recent sprite, see the release here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-1-on-post-3240.3486712/page-130#post-6674962
    2. I think the ears flopping straight up is a bit much, I think up a little bit would be better.

Because of a few of the problems with outdated sprites I have made a notice on the sprite chart, basically check the release 1.1 and if the sprite is not included then please use the chart. Sadly I am quite busy lately so this is probably the best approach we can do.
  6. Girafarigs-butt

Girafarigs-butt

for your comment on the ears, I was trying to replicate this animation, but i can change it!
    Would you like me to redo it with the new sprite? This was the sprite on the google docs sheet.
  7. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick!
    Sprite Leader

If you could do it with the final sprite, and an ear tweak in the rare animation that would be really super : )
  8. Typhlito

Typhlito One Business Dawg
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Contributor

To add on to the advice you already got, if you could add a little movement to the tails, ears and maybe bangs during the up and down of the normal animation, it would make it flow much smoother.
  9. Kyuzeth

Kyuzeth

As I think more and more about it, my Mega Salamence sprites could definitely use some QCing, since they look a bit dated, IMO. Whoever wishes to take up that role is free to QC the sprites in any way they want it.

I've really lost my spriting drive over time and haven't tried to get back into it, but perhaps I will in the future.
    Integer Mova likes this.
  10. Ayanocloud

Ayanocloud

Hey guys! man sorry about that, really sorry for my delay :( My computer freaked out so it took a while to fix but now it should be fine. now I will definitely get those sprites done:)
    Great work guys!
    Layell likes this.
  11. Scourge728

Scourge728

I'm planning on using these sprites in my pokemon fangame (should probably come up with a name for it at some point though.....) Is it okay if I give the credit in a .txt file and in a section in the intro?
  12. Kyuzeth

Kyuzeth

Wait for the spriters to give you their permission.
  13. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick!
    Sprite Leader

That first post has a lot of nice info

(but yeah that should be good)
  14. Scourge728

Scourge728

I read the first post... just wanted to confirm XD
  15. Ayanocloud

Ayanocloud

Almost finished with Noivern's back sprite just touching things up now:)
  16. Dreyga43

Dreyga43

So I was wondering. Is there any way for me to look at all of the animated sprites?
  17. WelshWhale28

WelshWhale28

There is a Google Sheets document on the top of the first page. It has all of the current sprites and who made them. I believe that animations are also included.
  18. Terrapin

Terrapin

I noticed a few Pokemon were missing their shiny forms...

Shiny Hoopa Unbound made from TrainerSplash & aXl Hoopa
    Shiny Gourgeist (All sizes) Made from RedRooster/PoM/Wobblebuns original sprite. (I really don't know who to credit for this one XD)
    I also have noticed that the link for Fairy Arceus is dead, I have one with shiny front and back if you need it.

Edit:
    Just finished a shiny sprite for Wobblebuns Mega Diancie, I think it needs some QC, but that is the best I got =/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    WelshWhale28 likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)