Gen 6 XY Ubers Teambuilding Compendium

Cool thread, but as a nitpick the Arceus formes are hard to distinguish between. I'm not colorblind but it's hard to see the difference between a lot of them. Could you maybe include the types as words? Thanks :D

What checks/counters Mewtwo X/Y? Just no list is up and I was looking for a few answers (I'm new to Ubers so pls dont hate)

I think arceus fairy, arceus ghost, and xerneas with defense investment are your best bet at countering any mewtwo. Yveltal, Arceus ghost, groudon, landorus t, gliscor, giratina, aegislash, scarf zekrom, and lugia they all can be considered checks to certain mewtwo sets.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
What checks/counters Mewtwo X/Y? Just no list is up and I was looking for a few answers (I'm new to Ubers so pls dont hate)
As mentioned above, Physically Defensive Xerneas is hands down the absolute best check to both of them, seeing as it can fulfill purposes outside of solely checking them, unlike say, Arceus-Psychic (who would be, whilst unconventional, the single best check to all Mewtwo formes).

On the "Defensive Pokemon" list, I see Salamence. What exactly can it do defensively when things like GeoXern are running around? I know it's the only Dragon type with Wish, but I'm curious to know what the standard Uber defensive Salamence is.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
On the "Defensive Pokemon" list, I see Salamence. What exactly can it do defensively when things like GeoXern are running around? I know it's the only Dragon type with Wish, but I'm curious to know what the standard Uber defensive Salamence is.
With intimidate, it's incredibly physically bulky, walls blaziken and I think it even avoids 2hko from banded Ho-Oh which is pretty impressive. It just functions as a really cool physical wall in general.

With intimidate, it's incredibly physically bulky, walls blaziken and I think it even avoids 2hko from banded Ho-Oh which is pretty impressive. It just functions as a really cool physical wall in general.
That's actually pretty cool, considering it also has reliable recovery with Roost, unlike Lando.

Why is Sablye not listed as a Mewtwo check? Its actually one of the better ways to deal with stall2, as you can use its own strategy against it. Hit it with faster taunt, then wisp+recover it to death. And even though offensive mmy does a fuckton with its coverage (ice beam 62.1 - 73.3%, fire blast 76.3 - 89.8%, ouch) it can still emergency check it because 0 Atk Sableye Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 320-378 (90.3 - 106.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock. It also hard counters mmx lol.

Being the third best answers to stall2 (behind darkceus and ghosteus) justifies a spot on the list imo.

Why is Sablye not listed as a Mewtwo check? Its actually one of the better ways to deal with stall2, as you can use its own strategy against it. Hit it with faster taunt, then wisp+recover it to death. And even though offensive mmy does a fuckton with its coverage (ice beam 62.1 - 73.3%, fire blast 76.3 - 89.8%, ouch) it can still emergency check it because 0 Atk Sableye Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 320-378 (90.3 - 106.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock. It also hard counters mmx lol.

Being the third best answers to stall2 (behind darkceus and ghosteus) justifies a spot on the list imo.
I don't know, even if you try to pivot switch in into Psystrike, Sableye loses to Offensive CM or it's just something that someone feels meh about switching into Mewtwo lol, I know I wouldn't do it. And you forgot about Heatran being the 3rd best answer to stalltwo, Sableye gets Taunted on the switch and you can call it a snackwrap.

Oh I wasn't trying to sound like "ey yo wtf vic missing ?!!!" but just "Why is victini not listed under mewtwo checks? It's one of the better ones, and I feel like it deserves a spot. :]"

i reckon you should add defog: zard-y as defog is one of the most pertinent categories and it's a pretty good option for offensive teams

Looking at the Compendium, I couldn't help but wonder why are there no Arceus formes on the "Defoggers" list. You could put formes like Arceus-Water, Fairy, etc., since they work so well with Defog.

Well, maybe it'd be helpful for a newcomer to know which formes work the best. I don't know if it's mentioned in the comments, but it'd be helpful indeed. That's what I meant. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)