1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

YAAAARGH - Has this guy seriously not learned his lesson?

Discussion in 'Inside Poop - April Fool's Day 2011' started by Bologo, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bologo

Bologo Have fun with birds and bees.
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Ok, I really feel like a jerk having to single out a member like this, but FWAAAA's attitude has honestly been getting on my nerves for a really long time now.

Seriously, this guy was banned because of his attitude and extreme rudeness, and then the second he was unbanned, he came back and started doing the exact same thing again.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/search.php?searchid=143540

Those are his posts and such, and just on the first page, there's so much flaming and rudeness from this guy it's not even funny.

Honestly, in any thread that's not actually made by him, he seems to find some way to ruin it by starting a goddamn flame war between him and basically everyone else. I mean, look at these threads for examples:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40005
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1165337#post1165337

The second he started posting in them, he had to start off by showcasing his annoying attitude, which forced people to defend others and started to make the thread go off-topic so that the people participating could tell FUFUFUFUFUFU to shut up. That didn't stop him either.

The thing that bugs me the most about him other than the awful attitude is that he rarely ever has anything to back up the claims he makes. For instance, in the Clamperl thread, he kept saying that Deepseascale was extemely shitty, but he didn't even know what people were talking about when they were proving him wrong! Then Dragontamer had to come in and explain it to him and prove him wrong some more.

Yeah, he really pushes my buttons in things like moveset threads and such, because unless they're made by him, he'll just badmouth the set no matter how good it is.

I'm just posting this because from what I've seen, it's an ongoing trend with him, and hasn't appeared to learn his lesson from being banned once already. I'm not saying you should ban him again, because that's not my responsibility, but I'm saying that someone really needs to put their foot down on this guy and make him shut up if he won't shut himself up, because this is honestly getting out of hand.
  2. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

I agree with basically everything you say here. That guy has a real attitude problem and pretty much brings down any thread he posts in.
  3. Tangerine

Tangerine Where the Lights Are
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, he's been around wifi too, he was always complaining how infractions that he or his partners(lol Scrubs) got were never "fair" or the rules are "dumb" (although i haven't gotten a complaint from anyone else about the no bump rule)

Read his RMTs and you'll see why I think his attitude is a bit =/
    Why post an RMT if you're not even going to consider the advice being given, I wonder.
  4. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Agreeing entirely that his attitude is horrible, but I can never seem to catch him really breaking the rules. He's one of those skilled lineskaters. Really, he reminds me of how Great Sage used to be, except ten times worse.

(no offense (anymore) Great Sage!)
  5. david stone

david stone Fast-moving, smart, sexy and alarming.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Ah yes, I forgot to hand out infractions in the Clamperl thread yesterday.

Hmm yeah I could have sworn I had planned to infract him yesterday, but I can't find the post!
  6. Phuquoph

Phuquoph
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I think we should just ban him permanently. "The staff and most of the other forum users think you are a worthless cunt" should be a legitimate reason to get rid of someone. I have never seen him contribute anything worthwhile to any thread.
  7. Bologo

is a Contributor Alumnus

This is from the Stark Mountain rules, and it seems like he's breaking this rule all the time. He doesn't back up his arguments very well at all because, very often, it's incredibly obvious that he doesn't know what he's talking about at all.

In pretty much every "new set" thread, he's broken this rule by having this trend where he HAS to say something bad about a set, even if he's never used it before or if he doesn't actually know what the set even does. The thing I keep on seeing from him as his first post in a "new set" thread is "ohhh wow another this is the best set ever thread even though it sucks", or something to that effect. That not only puts words in people's mouths that they didn't even say, but it basically ruins the whole thread. Then when someone proves him wrong he gets so mad about it and feels the need to keep defending himself even after he's been proven wrong...

I feel kinda bad about radding this guy out since he thinks I'm cool, but I honestly don't care anymore, and I don't think he's cool. I held off making this thread for a while, but this is just annoying now. At least he apologized about the douchiness in the Clamperl thread, but that doesn't make up for all the other threads, and I have a feeling that he'll just go back to flaming others right after. I wouldn't ban him permanently, but I would be a lot stricter with him infraction-wise.
  8. Calciphoce

Calciphoce

Agreeing that something needs to be done. I didn't like that guy from the start, honestly. From what I've seen/am seeing, he isn't banworthy, but like Mekkah said, very close.
  9. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

We're supposed to let the infraction system handle it. Point to a recent post where he's breaking a rule and someone can slap an infraction on it.
  10. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

"TUTUTUTU" once sent me a PM asking me why I infracted Scrubs for his April Fools post, that's the only interaction I've ever had with him.
  11. Lee

Lee @ Thick Club
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

In his defence, he isn't a bad user. He does post in the C+C section occassionaly, with his [DP] Pseudo-Hazing Move Guide and Empoleon edit being recent examples. It seems a little harsh to permaban somebody who has shown that kind of commitment to the site.

However, I completely agree that he is an arsehole at times and such blatant disregard for the feelings of others shouldn't be tolerated. I get on quite well with him so I'll drop him a PM if you'd like, or we can just deal with it the less personal way of hammering him with infractions. Either works for me.
  12. Bologo

is a Contributor Alumnus

That's not a bad idea Lee, if you're on good terms with him it's probably better if you deal with this since he's much more likely to listen to you than he is to the rest of the mods.

I don't mind the guy personally, and I've seen people be able to turn their attitudes around, but I just hope he does it soon, because people really aren't taking his attitude anymore.
  13. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

I have a few users like this, that have yet to be banned. It's probably just a matter of time before the infraction system takes them out.

It's unfortunate when you have users like this. On one hand, they obviously have some energy around posting in the community. That's commendable. On the other hand, their negative attitude is a total wet blanket on every thread they touch. I try to be absolutely impartial in how I moderate, but people like this really make me want to "just wait for their next screw-up".

If Lee can talk some sense into the guy, that would be great. I've tried that, and it rarely works -- unfortunately. But, it's worth a try. I like to believe in the innate goodness of people....
  14. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

He's probably like that in real life, too... I encounter real-life students like him all the time. The way I usually shut these people up is to show them that I know a great deal more than them... sometimes even making the guy red-faced by countering a statement he says with something really simple.

Don't know if this is a strategy that can work even on an internet forum, though!
  15. Mekkah

Mekkah
    Super Moderator

16. Lee

Lee @ Thick Club

Sorry, I let it slide after he apologised in that Clamperl thread but apparently he's still being a jerk. I'll PM him now.

EDIT: Done, will update when he replies.

EDIT2:

Lets wait and see then.
  17. the Lexx

the Lexx

That sounds more like sarcasm than anything to me... yeah, I'd keep an eye on him.
  18. Mekkah

Mekkah
    Super Moderator

The tone was sarcastic but the text is not, if you catch my drift. Nonetheless, obviously there's no reason not to check if he's actually doing as promised.
  19. Bologo

is a Contributor Alumnus

Alright, I've personally been seeing a lot of improvement in his attitude, so hopefully this trend will continue. He almost cracked, but he did quickly edit the post to something a lot less mean. I think your PM might've actually worked Lee!
  20. Maniaclyrasist

Maniaclyrasist custom user title of doom!!!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Ok, sorry this has to be brought up again, but after reading his posts in the RMT forum almost everytime i see his name i think " hmm, another reason to infract?! "

Most of his posts in that section are fairly insulting and alot of them can be totally irrelevant, which is exactly what i last infracted him for. Personally i don't want to have to infract him in every thread he posts in but if it continues like this it wont be long before he ends up banned.

I'm not sure if Lee wants to talk to him again but it really doesnt appear that he has learnd his lesson.
  21. Kumar

Kumar
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Go ahead and infract him as soon as you get a reason to infract him. These kind of people only learn (maybe) after they get banned for a while.
  22. Mekkah

Mekkah
    Super Moderator

That's odd, from his Stark posting I had the idea he was actually being a lot nicer.
  23. Lee

Lee @ Thick Club

Yeah, like Mekkah and Bologo, I'd noticed his behaviour had improved greatly but over the past few days he seems to have developed a bee in his bonnet. For one, he seems to have a vendetta with Tangerine as seen here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1212297&postcount=77 (Note the Sig)

And, as Maniac said, he has made a few obnoxious posts in RMT too.

I was pretty clear in the PM I sent that this was a final warning so I don't see any point in PM'ing him again. He's had more of a warning than most people would get; hopefully Maniac's infraction has showed him that we're not messing around.
  24. Bologo

is a Contributor Alumnus

Ok, guys just do what you will with this guy. I honestly had faith in him when he started to turn it around, but he seemed to think that being nice just had to be a temporary thing.

I also noticed that he started going back to the moronic posts in discussion threads such as the Darkrai one. What kind of moron says that "Arguments. Aren't. Going. To. Prove. Anything." and actually hopes that someone will take them seriously? He also seems to reiterate stuff that have been said several times in the thread already, that have already been disproved, such as "Gengar on steriods" and shit like that.

Whatever, this is in everyone else's hands now, I don't know what to believe about him anymore.
  25. Mekkah

Mekkah
    Super Moderator

If you'd ask me he deserves another red slap to the face for disrespecting staff for that sig. y/n
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)