Yilx first place artist

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
I can't believe I haven't rated this thread yet. Your work looks too professional to give anything lower than a 5.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Bright Powder Garchomp, let's see it. You're fantastic, Yilx. <3
Can't think of a good pose for that one, but I'll see what I can do before I'm gone...

EDIT: I don't think I can manage this one. Sorry :(

It'll be done... in time, though. I hope...

Yilx

Sad
Bumping this a little to say I'm taking requests since alot of other people are doing it. I won't be around much though so please bear with me :(

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Man, your art is amazing! Everything looks so clean, and yet every piece is so full of personality... I'm jealous 9.9 five stars! :)

Yilx

Sad
Man, your art is amazing! Everything looks so clean, and yet every piece is so full of personality... I'm jealous 9.9 five stars! :)
Aw, come on... you give me too much credit than I'm worth too.... also I've been wanting to do a nice big piece, but because of time constraints I can't... :(

Also posted Gardevoir again

Great Artwork! The scizor and aggron were great. Your MAC pic of Gradevoir was a lot darker than what I assume people would draw gardevoir in, but I like it like this ^_^ I also got a great laugh from steelix!

Keep it Up!

Yilx, I love your art style. The dark, graphic novel feel of some of it contrasts nicely with the cute aspect of your other works. I think I'm going to be lurking around your thread a lot more since I found it.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry that you didn't win, Yilx. I envisioned it to be the perfect fit for CAP11 and I supported it all the way. But hey, I guess this is something us artists should get used to. The general public doesn't always seem to recognize great ideas. :P

EDIT: Just looked at the first post and I have to say, I love your scenario drawings. I was enamored by the image of CAP11 (are you going to give her a name, btw?) and Togekiss flying together, as well as the one of Gardevoir giving Flowers to Groudon.

I'm an artist and storywriter myself, and I was actually toying with the idea of us pairing up and going somewhere with the whole Togekiss/CAP 11 idea. Maybe a webcomic or something? Probably a silly idea, but if you were to ever give it any thought, contact me and we can discuss it some more.

man oh man I love that chalky style you've got w/ that pic from mac and the gardevoir in your fp +__+ it reminds me of aquasixio except more dreamy and ethereal.

AND MAN
when I saw that garchomp (I dunno if I should not talk about those or what) I shat BRICKS its so bamf and pro ahglshglfhgjsaad

edit: oh I didnt look at the posts like two above mine (derp) but I dunno if thats what you're talking about or not

Yilx

Sad
Great Artwork! The scizor and aggron were great. Your MAC pic of Gradevoir was a lot darker than what I assume people would draw gardevoir in, but I like it like this ^_^ I also got a great laugh from steelix!

Keep it Up!
Thanks! I was going for a dark picture from the start, actually, but Gochizeru charmed me way too much I just felt like doing another pic.

Yilx, I love your art style. The dark, graphic novel feel of some of it contrasts nicely with the cute aspect of your other works. I think I'm going to be lurking around your thread a lot more since I found it.
You keep up the good work too :)

Yilx, Its too bad your cap submission didnt make it. It was definitly my favorite :/
This kind of thing happens all the time, I guess. It's okay... thanks though!

i voted for you man ;_;

if you're looking for requests, i'm going to do the cliche thing and ask to see an umbreon!
I'll try to get it done by Monday!

Sorry that you didn't win, Yilx. I envisioned it to be the perfect fit for CAP11 and I supported it all the way. But hey, I guess this is something us artists should get used to. The general public doesn't always seem to recognize great ideas. :P

EDIT: Just looked at the first post and I have to say, I love your scenario drawings. I was enamored by the image of CAP11 (are you going to give her a name, btw?) and Togekiss flying together, and the same with your Gardevoir and Zapdos.

I'm an artist and storywriter myself, and I was actually toying with the idea of us pairing up and going somewhere with the whole Togekiss/CAP 11 idea. Maybe a webcomic or something? Probably a silly idea, but if you were to ever give it any thought, contact me and we can discuss it some more.
I haven't came up with a name for her yet but my friend calls her 'Skrull-chan'. :toast: It's a silly idea, yeah, but I'm all up for it! The only thing that's holding me back is the fact that I can only draw on weekends. :(

man oh man I love that chalky style you've got w/ that pic from mac and the gardevoir in your fp +__+ it reminds me of aquasixio except more dreamy and ethereal.

AND MAN
when I saw that I shat BRICKS its so bamf and pro ahglshglfhgjsaad

edit: oh I didnt look at the posts like two above mine (derp) but I dunno if thats what you're talking about or not
I looked up aquasixio; I've never heard of him before... I guess that's something I should be aiming for! Thanks for the comment :)

Yilx

Sad
Sorry about double post, but 'gutor and umbreon are done... sorry if they're not what you guys wanted :/

Also I'm thinking of re-initating my fakedex...

Yilx

Sad
erm I didn't realize that aquasixio has changed so much, I've been watching his gallery on DA for like 7 years or something, but he used to be a lot um like.. less blended? I guess. side effect of oekaki probably... these older ones are more of what I meant
http://aquasixio.deviantart.com/art/The-northstar-is-an-airplane-12126411
http://aquasixio.deviantart.com/art/The-Magic-Path-9140570

that exeggutor has got some like creepy patriot lalilulelo thing going on, it's freaking me out man
Woah, those are pretty nice... I really like the themes the pictures have, too.

About the Exeggutor, I did that on purpose, actually...

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK your art just ooze coolness, a brilliant mixture of sleek clean lines and sharp colours. Can't wait for your next piece!

Woah, those are pretty nice... I really like the themes the pictures have, too.

About the Exeggutor, I did that on purpose, actually...
haha well I love it, they pierce my soul in a big brother kind of way, so nicely done :p

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OHA
OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN

(ps: did you happen to make the mushroom sky larger than that and then shrink it, or is that the original size)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)