Yilx first place artist

I just spent the past hour browsing through this thread and its absolutely mind-blowing! The Yanmega retypes look like superheroes xD
Amazing artist! (x

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
I promised myself I would only lurk this thread and that I wouldn't mindlessly praise you. But I can no longer do so. Your work is awesome.

I feel kind of bad that I can identify most of the pokemon except for the ones behind politoed though. I see Jirachi and Starmie...

Whoa, awesome Victini. 0 _0

That pic showing the various weather teams is just pure epicness. The shading is really deliberate and achieves great effect. o _o

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I promised myself I would only lurk this thread and that I wouldn't mindlessly praise you. But I can no longer do so. Your work is awesome.

I feel kind of bad that I can identify most of the pokemon except for the ones behind politoed though. I see Jirachi and Starmie...
Gyara, thundurus and rotom

I'm guessing you've heard this before, but here goes: As I looked through your art, my reaction to each piece was one of these four: "Ooooooo" "Woah!" "*Stunned Silence*" or ":DDDDDDD" Great work, I'll be checking back every day just to look at them again.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I will echo every praise directed at your weather team image. The dark shades may be too overflowing at times, but upon scrolling down the page I reached an immediate halt at first glance, so that alone speaks for itself. I definitly like the grimdark take on Abomasnow.

Niiiiiiice. So what will we be expecting from you later on Yilx? Are you going to be doing requests? Working on your different type mons? Or are you just going to draw what you want? Your artwork is great BTW!

Yilx

Sad
Niiiiiiice. So what will we be expecting from you later on Yilx? Are you going to be doing requests? Working on your different type mons? Or are you just going to draw what you want? Your artwork is great BTW!
i'll be honest i think the requests really squeezed dry all of the power i had so i'll probably only do them when the... 'feel' comes

like for this beeheyem, was listening to really fitting music and the... 'feel' to do it just came so I drew it

If I just draw them for the sake of drawing them they won't look nice I'm sorry :sad:

retypes will always be fun to do though!

I hear ya yilx. When I'm at school, sometimes someone will come up to me and ask me to draw something for them. I might refuse to draw because I just don't have the 'Motivation' to do it. How about this. To get your artistic 'feel' back in the game, I'll give you a challenge. Something to make you motivated. An Exploud fighting an Excadrill in a fight to the death battle. Two nasty titans fighting for control. If you don't have the feel, then that's fine. It's just something to motivate you and give you that 'feel' that you were talking about.

EDIT: Maybe make the excadrill and exploud retypes as well? IDK just something to jazz it up! :D

Yilx

Sad
I hear ya yilx. When I'm at school, sometimes someone will come up to me and ask me to draw something for them. I might refuse to draw because I just don't have the 'Motivation' to do it. How about this. To get your artistic 'feel' back in the game, I'll give you a challenge. Something to make you motivated. An Exploud fighting an Excadrill in a fight to the death battle. Two nasty titans fighting for control. If you don't have the feel, then that's fine. It's just something to motivate you and give you that 'feel' that you were talking about.

EDIT: Maybe make the excadrill and exploud retypes as well? IDK just something to jazz it up! :D
that's not how it works actually i dont draw something to 'get' it back lol...

my main motivation is through what i see and music, actually. :naughty:

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ahahaha, i mean your stuff has always been amazing but that maylene/fighting-type img is so so great

keep on keeping on, you're churning this stuff out!!

that's not how it works actually i dont draw something to 'get' it back lol...

my main motivation is through what i see and music, actually. :naughty:
alright then, so that's what you do to motivate yourself is by listening to music. Sometimes I get motivated by having a challenge given to me, or even by listening to music like you.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Gyara, thundurus and rotom
Ah okay. I was looking at it again the other day and I see them now.

Earlier on the thread, I requested a Ninetales basking in sunlight...but if you don't feel like doing that one, how about an escavelier riding a rapidash?

Hey there, i freakin love obsydrome, that Ghost/Rock fakemon you drew. Could you possibly make it avatar-sized for me? Thanks a lot in advance eh,
Cap'n.

Oh and btw, your art in general is great. im impressed :D

Yilx

Sad
Ah okay. I was looking at it again the other day and I see them now.

Earlier on the thread, I requested a Ninetales basking in sunlight...but if you don't feel like doing that one, how about an escavelier riding a rapidash?
working on that one actually

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A little late but

you just proved that it had to be a Beheeyem. Awesome stuff.

However, a challenge! I would like to see you break away from your 'blackground' style, but still produce a piece which is more than a sketch (your sketches being the only instance of not having a black background, as far as I've seen). Draw something with a colourful backdrop - a scene, rather than a block colour / gradient, if you can help it.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)