Yilx first place artist

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey your like my favorite artist on here(fanboy hardcore) so I thought I might throw out a request.

A Steel-type Rotom, ie Rotom has possessed some kind of robot like how he haunts Washing Machines or Lawn Mowers.

Either way love your work dude, keep it up :)

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I love the expression on her face, it's very creepy.
What's your inspiration for these girls, Touhou?

EDIT: the CAP2 entry :0

Man I love your stuff. Just friggin amazing. I was wondering, if you aren't too busy, may I request a Vanilluxe, possibly using Blizzard on a Garchomp and freezing it? I would really appreciate this, but I understand that you might not be able to do it. Thanks :)

talking about the art poll in #cap today...

<~DougJustDoug> And Yilx has a very big following of admirers from his thread in Smeargle's Studio.
<~DougJustDoug> He could draw a black box and make the top five, probably.
<~DougJustDoug> Because that black box would be the most amazing black box you've ever seen

<~DougJustDoug> And Yilx has a very big following of admirers from his thread in Smeargle's Studio.
<~DougJustDoug> Because that black box would be the most amazing black box you've ever seen
I think you should draw a black box. :)

...In some dramatic fashion, maybe a sableye is hidden in it.

You are a very talented person and I love every one of your drawings in this thread.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!

This is so going to be my new signature. Keep up the great work Yilx!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Your drawing style delivers as usual, but I'm not too fond of that green color (and blue dot). I get that you tried to accomplish a strong contrast, but maybe a color which is relatred to red would work better. Like the yellow in his eye, for example.

The pixelated font down below is also a nice touch, but I have a hunch that it'd be better off without that outer glow (since the actual image doesn't have anything of that sort).

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bummer pretty much hit the nail on the head there. I do like the extra edginess of the shading though!

I thought it was pretty good. D: It seems better than usual, I didn't question the green, lol. I thought green sort of does work with red? In that their opposites on the color wheel.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Your drawing style delivers as usual, but I'm not too fond of that green color (and blue dot). I get that you tried to accomplish a strong contrast, but maybe a color which is relatred to red would work better. Like the yellow in his eye, for example.

The pixelated font down below is also a nice touch, but I have a hunch that it'd be better off without that outer glow (since the actual image doesn't have anything of that sort).
Thanks for the feedback, I'll post the updated one alongside the next one in the series once I'm done with it! :)

Are you still taking requests? I'd love to see a picture of Milotic using Recover, Dragon Tail, or Scald, or activating Marvel Scale :)
you can, but... i feel a little jaded by requests right now, so it might never see light of day :justin:

also,

happy birthday kagamine rin
i will give love to whoever knows the songs this piece is based off

I love that Flygon! Esca is neat and your changes to it really improved it, but damn, that Flygon! *_* The way you do shadows and make Flygon look like it's in motion is very impressive.

Nice Rin art too, even though I don't know that song~

yup that flygon is sexy

also: escavalier looks amazing but that yellow just bothers me haha

how about changing the yellow to white? just a thought~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)