Yilx first place artist

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
oh wow, what a gorgeous landscape!!

i really get an awe-inspiring sense of the scale of the place :)

also terrifying collab!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pumped to the brim with 'wow' factor.

It was a good decidion to extent the roof of that cave, makes for a nice scenario where your CAP designs peers out into the outside world. The bottom of the image is well done in terms of shading and lighting, with the exception of a cut-off reflection on the middle rock. What I'd like to see improved further is the edge and plants in the image's top-right part. Despite the distance, there should still be a somewhat clear line between the sky and the rest, with less blue tones invading the solid ground.

The water could also be more similar in color as the sky, but not identical. Or maybe the sky's blue could be less saturated, either way they both feel rather conflictive in terms of the viewer's attention, rather than working towards the same goal.

As for the deer boobs, I ....... really like the lighting. Yep. Did one of you make the lineart with the other doing the colors, or was the art trade more complex than that?

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Haha it was a joke man. Yilx had a wip and couldn't finish it because he was at work, and I "volunteered" to finish it for him. You can guess which parts I did.

Needs more Stag boobs :/

Seriously though, the lighting in this one is absolutely amazing. You're really improving Yilx. Great job, especially on that scenery one earlier

is it just me or does it look constipated

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wooo! Meloetta-P to the rescue, slaying TTar and saving Kirlia! EPIC ART IS EPIC <3333

EDIT: Lol, you won MAC!

That piece of art is super-effective and really epic.

I like that a fighting type saves a psychic type who are helpless to dark types.

The hand's a bit messed up, and a couple of the squiggles look a bit slapped on - especialyl some of the ones on her 'headdress'.

But yeah excuse me whilst I go and wank myself into a coma over your lighting.

Seriously though, how do you start building up your lighting? And how do you choose your colours?

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The hand's a bit messed up, and a couple of the squiggles look a bit slapped on - especialyl some of the ones on her 'headdress'.

But yeah excuse me whilst I go and wank myself into a coma over your lighting.

Seriously though, how do you start building up your lighting? And how do you choose your colours?
unfortunately what i can say about colour picking comes through practice and studying. i'm still practicing.

what i did was draw environments and try to match the colours without using the colour picker tool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)