YJiang's Smogon Smorgasboard Tourney -ro32 brackets-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for round of thirty-two!

Justice/Hipno*/Curt situation: Hipno is definately out. I've decided to let Curt play in this round, with Justice as one of the subs (the rest of the subs have been pushed down one position), so both players will be playing.

Rules again:

1. Pokemon restriction: Teams must have* 1OU, 2BL, 2UU and 1 NU Pokemon.

1*. Tier switching: It is possible to substitute a Pokemon in a higher tier for one in a lower tier. Thus, you could replace a Breloom with a Wigglytuff, but not the otherway around.

2. OU Pokemon restrictions: As some OU Pokemon would be pretty much broken in this metagame, the following OU Pokemon are banned: Celebi, Metagross, Jirachi, Raikou, Snolax, TTar.

3. Clauses: Standard Clauses*:

Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
Species Clause
Self-KO Clause
Battle Timeout

3*. Additional Clauses: Evasion and OHKO are banned. Smogon mod or no mod (no XD, etc.) Feel free to Spore away to your heart's content, or whatever else, though. No Level Balance.

3**. Banned Items: Brightpowder, Quick Claw, Scope Lens, Lucky Punch, Stick (never been in a tournament with those items banned before eh :))

4. Prevolutions: Pikachu and Trapinch are considered UU. Chansey, Haunter (I'll get some flak for this) and Kadabra are BL.

4*. Other Prevolutions: All UU.

4**. Others: Smeargle is OU.

5. Misc.: Endeavor on Ghosts is banned. It's a NB bug and shouldn't be exploited. Most Linoones or whatever have Shadow Ball on anyway.

Getting together with your opponent:

You have until next Sunday, February 11th to get together with your opponent and play. Report results in this thread, I will update consistently. Extenuating circumstances should be reported.

You may do bo1, bo3, bo5, whatever. Just get it agreed with your opponent.

Brackets!

Ugly_Duckling
vs Ae Sakura I'd really like to be able to say "winner of _vs_", but next week is the deadline for the next round :( Thanks for participating, though.
aragornbird+ vs DekarTKB
Surgo vs husk1442
Judgement vs Sk
Justice vs PM
LegendaryCurt vs Asuka
JabbatheGrifffin vs jrrrrrrr
Pillowrath vs Mizuno I'll wait.
Aeroblacktyl+ vs Sir Chris default.
krusch vs wraith
Mekkah vs Groudon80
Karrot vs Dan Dan
Bologo vs SuperCoolman
clocker1 vs Sparda17 default.
Pilocus vs SirSpanky
Stalling vs Okashi

Randomized brackets this time!

Good luck and have fun!

EDITED.

Gee, the deadline is two days away!

<_<

Ugly_Duckling vs jrrrrrrr
aragornbird+ vs DekarTKB
Surgo vs husk1442
Judgement vs Sk
Justice vs PM - PM is a nob
LegendaryCurt vs Asuka
JabbatheGrifffin vs jrrrrrrr
Pillowrath vs Mizuno
Aeroblacktyl+ vs Sir Chris
krusch vs wraith
Mekkah vs Groudon80
Karrot vs Dan Dan - go Karrots
Bologo vs SuperCoolman
clocker1 vs Sparda17
Pilocus vs [SirSpanky/Curt (Slowpoke)]
Stalling vs Okashi

Oh fuck. :/ I'll find him on IRC/NB I guess, will PM just to make sure.

Also why do MoP and aragornbird have a + and I don't. D:

Ok PM'd clocker1.

Also, predictions:

Ugly_Duckling vs jrrrrrrr
aragornbird+
vs DekarTKB
Surgo vs husk1442
Judgement
vs Sk
Justice vs PM
LegendaryCurt vs AsukaJabbatheGrifffin vs jrrrrrrr
Pillowrath vs Mizuno
Aeroblacktyl+
vs Sir Chris
krusch vs wraith
Mekkah vs Groudon80
Karrot vs Dan Dan
Bologo
vs SuperCoolman
clocker1 vs Sparda17
Pilocus vs [winner of SirSpanky vs. Curt (Slowpoke)] (I'll give you a little bit more time if you need it)
Stalling vs Okashi

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
ok good luck mekkah i want to wait a bit to improve last round's awful team i used and i don't think we'll have a problem battling this weekend.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jabba and I are both always on but he requested a bit more time to fix some things, which I'm fine with.

We'll have it done by the deadline.

i like how neither me or gdpt advanced. i'm not trying to be an ass here so if there was something about this in the first thread it's my mistake.

Neither of you got back to me after the second page. I just assumed you never did got it started. Regardless, you should have read the updates on the first post and at least said "me and gdpt need some more time" or whatever.

Was up 2-1 and sweeping when he gave. Haxed slightly to speed up the win, but also took advantage of a pokemon that was relatively uncountered.

Confirming, except the score was like 3-2, not 2-1 (just nitpicking, not like it really matters). I really hated my team for this tourney -_-

With a relatively short deadline it would help if my opponent would actually reply to my PM, and I have never seen him on Netbattle either.

Won. I think I was helped out tremendously by the fact that he had to make another team at the last minute. Don't know if I would have won if he didn't. Good game, anyway.

Neither of you got back to me after the second page. I just assumed you never did got it started. Regardless, you should have read the updates on the first post and at least said "me and gdpt need some more time" or whatever.

oh ok I didnt see that yeah thats my fault then! Good luck to all the others in this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)