1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Yoshi and Friends

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Thatguy, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Thatguy

Thatguy

Ok so first off I originally built this team for an RU tournament I was in with some people and i liked the way it worked but it needed tweaking. what you are reviewing currently is My (Not so finalized) RU team.

The lead for this team is one of my favorite 5th gen bug types. Accelgor. Now his purpose is to first off give me switch advantage and also for late game assistance. Now of course i mean dealing with pesky grass types which it easily outspeeds. if you dont like Accelgor you can also use a Ninjask which i will put my Ninjask which i do sub with accelgor at the very bottom.

Accelgor (Me First) @ Leftovers
    Timid / Hydration
    4 HP/ 252 Sp A/ 252 Speed
    Recover
    U-Turn
    Giga Drain
    Bug Buzz

Now for a very fun pain in everyones butt. Alomomola. This wonderful guy is a wish passer with 2 status moves which is helpful in its own unique way. since i have a few pokes with no healing moves this guy is a wonderful annoyance. It also is a pretty good physical wall and makes great use of wish with its RIDICULOUS HP Stat.

Alomomola (Zora) @ Leftovers
    Modest / Healer
    252 HP/ 252 D/ 4 Sp A
    Wish
    Protect
    Toxic
    Scald

Ok for one of my favorite 4th gen pokemon Spiritomb. This guy i use as a double wall, spin blocker and pursuit trapper for any unliked pests. I dont run pain split on this guy because i felt pursuit was more helpful than recovery (mainly cause i have Alomomola).

Spiritomb (Ahead) @ Leftovers
    Adamant / Pressure
    4A / 252 D / 252 SP D
    Toxic
    Pursuit
    Shadow Sneak
    Sucker Punch

Ok no team is complete (In my humble opinion) without a Stealth Rocker. Stealth Rock (Once again in my humble opinion) is the MOST important move in the game. And mine is the Lovable Metal Snake Steelix. Obviously the Physical Wall aspect is great but you can have alot of options with this guy. I did have alot of trouble finalizing the moveset on this guy. but what you see is what you get.

Steelix (Vibrator) @ Leftovers
    Impish / Sturdy
    252 HP / 252 D / 4 SPD
    Stealth Rock (Cause i didnt mention this move in his description)
    Rock Slide
    Crunch
    Earthquake

Now for MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE 5th GEN Pokemon, Serperior. This guy actually is super awesome. The reason i picked this pokemon was because 1 it gives me a threat on the special side. 2 i saw a weakness to ground/water types and i wanted to bite that in the butt. so ill let the set speak for itself.

Serperior (Nagini) @ Life Orb
    Modest / Overgrow
    252 D / 4 SP A / 252 Speed
    Substitute
    Leech Seed
    Calm Mind
    Giga Drain

Finally for my Shiny Green Dinosaur, Drudigon. I'll give you 3 guesses what his nickname is. Ill wait....

ok So this is a fantastic monster to have hiding for late game sweeping or early rampaging. it depends on what im going against how i use him. It has a great Physical Move pool and freaking crazy Attack. Steel Types are covered with Super Power. the only thing on him i cant decide is Life Orb or Choice Band. So i switch between them and ya. it varies on my mood.

Drudigon (Yoshi) @ Choice Band / Life Orb
    Jolly / Rough Skin
    56 HP/ 252 A / 100 D / 100 SPD
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Superpower
    Outrage

Now as Promised at the start of this my Accelgor Sub is Ninjask. Same concept as Accelgor just more powerful.

Ninjask (Speed) @ Choice Band
    Adamant / Speed Boost
    4 HP / 252 A / 252 SPEED
    Aerial Ace
    U-Turn
    Giga Impact
    X-Scissor

Let me know what you think and any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks Everyone, Happy Battling

Thatguy
  2. King of Blades

King of Blades

There are a few things I would like to say about this team.

First of all, you clearly have the makings of a fire/water/grass core, yet no fire type. Assuming one put in a fire type, accelgor's primary role (killing grass types) would be sort of redundant. I suggest replacing accelgor with specs typhlosion. Despite the fact that you would lose u-turn, I think typhlosion would benefit this team by forming a one-two punch with druddigon where druddigon punches holes in a portion of the opponent's team and typhlosion would mop up what's left. (Dat specs eruption... very painful, even to resists..)
    Here is the set:
    [​IMG]
    Typhlosion
    Timid | 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP | Choice Specs
    ~Eruption
    ~Focus Blast
    ~Hidden Power Grass
    ~Flamethrower

Eruption is your basic STAB, and if you can get typhlosion in safely, even with stealth rock, it will severely maim anything that doesn't resist it. (Without stealth rock, it will cripple some resists, too) Focus Blast is there because it has coverage on many things, as well as rock types. Hidden Power Grass is there to destroy water types such as omastar on the switch-in. Flamethrower is there for a reliable STAB when you are low on health. Typhlosion will complete your core, and it will also provide you with a way of cleaning up any team that is weakened to the point of having no fire resists.

Next, I do believe that druddigon can learn sucker punch. I would suggest using it over crunch, as it is the same power but with priority. It is very helpful when people try and take advantage of your low speed. For the item, I would suggest running life orb over choice band, as that will allow you to punch holes in most of the opponent's team due to your wide coverage and array of attacks, leaving typhlosion to murder what's left.

I always recommend to every RMT that doesn't have sprites that they put them in, as they make the RMT much more attractive. If you are having trouble finding sprites, I suggest using this location:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html

These changes, as well as the sprites should help your team out in general. Good Luck!
  3. example100000

example100000

Accelgor can't make use of recover since it's got no bulk. Replace it with spikes or something more useful.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)