yoshinite vs Glaicer Knight inside Objection's warped noggin

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT:

Putting up a new battle for my third slot.
1v1 Weak FEs (<30 moves)
Any Arena besides ASB
2 Day DQ
Infinity Subs
2 recover/5 chills
Switch=Lol
1 Ability
Taking that yoshinite, with the fe under 30 moves

Arena is the ref's mind!
Items on
Team yoshinite

Revenankh [CleoPatrick] (M)
Nature: Brave (+Atk -Spe -10% Evasion)

Abilities:
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Air Lock: (Innate) This Pokemon releases immense barometric pressure, clearing the weather in the arena and preventing the effect of weather moves and abilities from taking place.
Infiltrator (DW LOCKED): (Innate) Through a combination of speed and cunning, this Pokemon easily circumvents the effects of Light Screen, Mist, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 56 (-)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 20
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Wrap
Bide
Sand Tomb
Wring Out
Rock Tomb
Arm Thrust
Mean Look
Glare
Shadow Punch

Earthquake
Brick Break
Smack Down

Counter
Mach Puch
Shadow Sneak

Team Glacier Knight

Abomasnow [Twiggy "The Beserker"] (Female)
Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Info on Twiggy:

Type:

Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.
Ice:Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Abilities:
Snow Warning: (Innate) This Pokemon summons a massive hailstorm upon its entry into battle that does not end, expending 10% of its energy to do so. It can re-summon the effect mid-battle for 9% Energy with a command.
Command: (Ability: Snow Warning) Hail causes two (2) damage per action to all non-Ice typed Pokemon. Hail activates the abilities Snow Cloak and Ice Body, as well as increasing Blizzard’s accuracy to 100% and letting it have an additional 30% chance to bypass Protect.
Soundproof (DW): (Innate) Pokemon with this ability emit their own powerful electrostatic or sound-dampening field, making them immune to sound-based moves other than an ally's or their own Heal Bell. (Known sound moves: Bug Buzz, Chatter, Echoed Voice, Grasswhistle, Growl, Heal Bell, Hyper Voice, Metal Sound, Perish Song, Relic Song, Roar, Round, Screech, Sing, Snarl, Snore, Supersonic, Uproar.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 52 (-)

Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 5
Base Rank Total: 17

EC: 6/6
MC: 5
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Ice Punch
Powder Snow
Leer
Razor Leaf
Icy Wind
Grass Whistle
Swagger
Mist
Ice Shard
Blizzard
Wood Hammer
Sheer Cold

Seed Bomb
Stomp
Leech Seed

Hail
Ice Beam
Swords Dance
Protect
Shadow Ball
Earthquake

21 Moves

Objection's first arena idea (and probably the only one you'll see this match)

"nite" sounds like "knight" ... so it's Yoshi Knight vs Glacier Knight ... how about a knightly arena? Ooh, I got it!

Jousting!

The pokemon will be riding on horseback in a special tiltyard. The tiltyard provides ample natural elements except for a water source. However, due to the nature of the battle, it is not possible to dig or use any seismic moves.

Every time a pokemon takes damage from a damaging move, there is a percent chance equal to the damage the move dealt (rounded up to the nearest whole number) that the pokemon will be unhorsed (ie, fall off of its horse) at the end of the action. It will then automatically forfeit its next action to get back onto the horse. This cannot be stopped by any means short of KOing the pokemon - the horse will help its rider back on if necessary.

If the move is a contact move, multiply the unhorsing chance by 1.5. If the target is asleep or frozen, multiply the unhorsing chance by 2 (being both asleep and frozen does not increase the multiplier to 4). If the target is neither asleep nor frozen but is paralysed, multiply the unhorsing chance by 1.5.

How it's gonna go down

• yoshinite chooses which item to give to his pokemon.
  • Glacier Knight chooses which item to give to his pokemon and orders.
  • yoshinite orders.
  • Objection's reffing wins the heart of the princess.

I just noticed the battle is one ability only. Therefor yoshinite needs to say what ability. Now I could wait for that, as I should, but I will go ahead and use snow warning, although if yoshinite picks air lock for his, I will go with instead soundproof. And I'm going to give twiggy a nevermeltice. It should help in a pinch.

Alright Twiggy, let's get this thing started! I hope the RNG is on our side this match~

Ice punch~Earthquake~Ice punch
-If rev counters Ice punch, use shadow ball that action
-if rev counters earthquake, use ice beam that action
-If rev begins to bide a1, use Leer a1, swords dance a2, and then ice punch a3
-if rev uses brick break, use protect that action and push the command que down (do this only once)

Unfortunately, I just noticed that Glacier Knight ordered Earthquake when the arena states that seismic activity is impossible. As a result, he's going to have to change that move, which will probably affect yoshinite's orders too.

OK, I'll give yoshinite 24 hours to decide if he wants to change orders or not. If I don't see a response in that time, I'll assume that he does not.

CleoPatrick (M) @ Nothing
HP: 100 | EN: 100 | Spe: 56 (-)
Ranks: 5/3/3/4 | Total: 20
Size: 3 | Weight: 3
Ability: Air Lock
Other: None

Twiggy (F) @ NeverMeltIce
HP: 100 | EN: 100 | Spe: 52 (-)
Ranks: 4/3/3/3 | Total: 17
Size: 4 | Weight: 5
Ability: Soundproof

So CleoPatrick the Revenankh and Twiggy the Abomasnow get up on the horses my mind conjured for them, and charge towards each other. Cleo opens with an intimidating Glare that scares Twiggy into inaction. This doesn't make for much excitement, so after reaching the ends of the tiltyard, they charge towards each other again. This time, Twiggy is prepared and hurls a Seed Bomb at Cleo before he gets close enough to attack. Despite sustaining some light wounds, Cleo is still strong and sturdy enough to retaliate with a Super Arm Thrust that knocks the Abomasnow right off her horse! However, due to the sheer effort it took to pull that off, Cleo is forced to cool down and cannot take advantage of the time it takes for Twiggy to get back on her horse. This battle might last a little longer than I anticipated, so I'd better prepare something else just in case.

HP: 87 | EN: 74 | Spe: 56 (-)

HP: 77 | EN: 95 | Spe: 52 13 (-)
Other: 15% paralysis

CleoPatrick uses Glare for 6 energy
Accuracy boosted to 100%
Twiggy is inflicted with 25% paralysis

Roll a D100 for paralysis: 16 - Twiggy is fully paralysed
Twiggy's paralysis drops to 20%

Roll a D100 for paralysis: 36 - no paralysis
Twiggy uses Seed Bomb for 5 energy
Roll a D16 for crit: 9 - no crit
CleoPatrick takes (8+3+(4-3)*1.5)=12.5 damage
Roll a D100 for unhorsing (13%): 64 - no unhorsing

CleoPatrick uses a combo of Arm Thrust and Arm Thrust for ((4+8)*1.75-1)=20 energy
Roll a D6 for hits (1-2 = 2, 3-4 = 3, 5 = 4, 6 = 5): 1 - 2 hits
Roll 2D16 for crits: 7, 16 - no crits
Twiggy takes (2*2*2.25+3+(5-3)*1.5)*1.5=22.5 damage
Roll a D100 for unhorsing (51%): 42 - Twiggy is unhorsed

CleoPatrick cools down

Twiggy gets back on her horse

The arena will remain the same for now. However, off in the distance, there is a giant dancing robot.

OK yoshinite, your turn to order first.

HP: 87 | EN: 74 | Spe: 56 (-)

HP: 77 | EN: 95 | Spe: 52 13 (-)
Other: 15% paralysis

Both pokemon charge towards each other again. This time, Twiggy lands an Ice Punch on CleoPatrick, but the Revenankh comes off the better of the two as he strikes Twiggy's weak spot with a Brick Breaking blow that knocks her off her horse again! Cleo follows up with a Mach Punch while Twiggy gets back on her horse and charges towards her opponent once more. Again, however, just as Twiggy connects with an Ice Punch, CleoPatrick knocks her down with another Brick Breaking blow, although this one hit a different spot. However, since neither pokemon is knocked out yet, I will have to do something about this. Hmm, how about that robot my mind came up with earlier?

HP: 54 | EN: 61 | Spe: 56 (-)

HP: 25 | EN: 85 | Spe: 52 13 (-)
Other: 10% paralysis

CleoPatrick uses Brick Break for 5 energy
Roll a D16 for crit: 1 - crit
Twiggy takes (8+3+3+(5-3)*1.5)*1.5=25.5 damage
Roll a D100 for unhorsing (58%): 6 - Twiggy is unhorsed

Roll a D100 for paralysis: 58 - no paralysis
Twiggy uses Ice Punch for 5 energy
Roll a D16 for crit: 3 - no crit
Roll a D100 for freeze: 71 - no freeze
CleoPatrick takes (8+3+(4-3)*1.5)+4=16.5 damage
Roll a D100 for unhorsing (25%): 94 - no unhorsing

CleoPatrick uses Mach Punch for 3 energy
Twiggy takes (4+3+(5-3)*1.5)*1.5=15 damage
No unhorsing roll because Twiggy is already unhorsed

Twiggy gets back on her horse

Roll a D16 for crit: 2 - no crit
Twiggy takes (8+3+(5-3)*1.5)*1.5=21 damage
Roll a D100 for unhorsing (48%): 26 - Twiggy is unhorsed

Roll a D100 for paralysis: 73 - no paralysis
Twiggy uses Ice Punch for 5 energy
Roll a D16 for crit: 2 - no crit
Roll a D100 for freeze: 33 - no freeze
CleoPatrick takes (8+3+(4-3)*1.5)+4=16.5 damage
Roll a D100 for unhorsing (25%): 71 - no unhorsing

New arena

Monochrome City Under Attack

The pokemon are now in the middle of a city that is being attacked by UFOs. In this arena, there is a water source in the form of a fountain, there is sufficient debris for a rock source and digging and seismic activity are permitted. However, there is a distinct lack of grass.

At the time of battle, there are 10 UFOs attacking the city. There were more, but you'll find out what happened to them later. At the end of each action, one of the remaining UFOs will drop a large bomb, with each one having an equal chance. UFO 1 is stationed directly above the area where the two pokemon are battling. If it drops its bomb, the pokemon will take 20 damage each from the explosion. UFOs 2, 3, 4 and 5 are positioned above some nearby buildings. If one of them drops its bomb, the pokemon will take 5 damage from the shower of debris. UFOs 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are too far from where the pokemon are battling to have an effect when they drop their bombs.

As for the giant dancing robot? Well, the citizens decided to build a giant robot to destroy the UFOs, but because some bozo put a trombone in its head, all it does is dance around the city. Luckily for the citizens, its dancing emits pulses of energy that disrupt and destroy the UFOs, which is what happened to most of the UFOs that were attacking the city prior to the battle. At the end of each action, it will fire a pulse of energy at one of the remaining UFOs, with each one having an equal chance of being targeted. Whichever UFO is hit gets destroyed and fails to deploy its bomb if it was going to.

Glacier Knight, you're up now.

Counter-Chill-Counter
EDIT: Just a nitpick but you spelled Glacier wrong in the title, you don't need to fix it though.

HP: 54 | EN: 61 | Spe: 56 (-)

HP: 25 | EN: 85 | Spe: 52 13 (-)
Other: 10% paralysis

For the most part, this round is lacking in activity. CleoPatrick prepares to Counter Twiggy's attack, but the Abomasnow seizes up and doesn't attack at all. One of the UFOs was going to drop a bomb on the city, but this giant dancing robot blew it up before it could drop its payload. While Cleo Chills out and regains some lost energy, Twiggy hurls one of her own Seed Bombs at the Revenankh, only for both pokemon to be showered by debris from the explosion of one of the UFO's bombs. Then, once again, Cleo tries to Counter Twiggy's attack, but this time Twiggy puts up a Protective barrier, resulting in Cleo's manoeuvres being ultimately futile. While one of the UFOs further from the battle drops a bomb on the city, the UFO whose bomb showered the pokemon with shrapnel is destroyed by a pulse of energy from the robot.

HP: 36 | EN: 63 | Spe: 56 (-)
Other: Used 1 chill

HP: 20 | EN: 73 | Spe: 52 (-)

Arena effects: UFOs destroyed (3, 7, 9)

Roll a D100 for paralysis: 8 - Twiggy is fully paralysed
Twiggy's paralysis drops to 5%

CleoPatrick uses Counter for 5 energy
Twiggy takes 0 damage

Roll a D10 to determine which UFO drops its bomb: 7
Roll a D10 to determine which UFO the robot destroys: 7
No bomb is dropped this action

CleoPatrick chills and restores 12 energy

Roll a D100 for paralysis: 58 - no paralysis
Twiggy uses Seed Bomb for 5 energy
Roll a D16 for crit: 7 - no crit
CleoPatrick takes (8+3+(4-3)*1.5)=12.5 damage

Roll a D10 to determine which UFO drops its bomb (reroll on 7): 3
Roll a D10 to determine which UFO the robot destroys (reroll on 7): 9
UFO 3 drops a bomb
CleoPatrick takes 5 damage from the shrapnel
Twiggy takes 5 damage from the shrapnel

Roll a D100 for paralysis: 77 - no paralysis
CleoPatrick uses Counter for 5 energy
Twiggy uses Protect for 7 energy
CleoPatrick's Counter is cockblocked

Roll a D10 to determine which UFO drops its bomb (reroll on 7 and 9): 10
Roll a D10 to determine which UFO the robot destroys (reroll on 7 and 9): 3
UFO 10 drops a bomb
The bomb has no effect on the battle

The arena will remain the same for now. However, off in the distance, the city seems to be getting a lot sandier.

yoshinite, you're up now.

Oh, I thought Counter wouldn't count as a Damaging Fighting Moves
Cleo, show that Ghost>Ice!
Brick Break-Mach Punch-Brick Break

Ghost>Ice? I'd beg to disagree. That fighting typing is the saving grace. Anywho, let's mix things up. Why not take some risk?

Swagger~Ice Punch~Earthquake+Earthquake

HP: 36 | EN: 63 | Spe: 56 (-)

HP: 20 | EN: 73 | Spe: 52 (-)

Well, even though Twiggy finally shrugged off its paralysis, it still couldn't get anything done before CleoPatrick felled it with a single Brick Breaking blow. Looks like the spoils go to yoshinite this time. Now get out of my brain! You're giving me a headache!

HP: 36 | EN: 58 | Spe: 56 (-)

HP: KO | EN: 73 | Spe: 52 (-)

Twiggy takes (8+3+(5-3)*1.5)*1.5=21 damage
Twiggy is KO'd by the attack

Prizes
  • yoshinite gets 1 CC
    • CleoPatrick the Revenankh gets 2 MC, 1 DC and 1 KOC
  • Glacier Knight gets 1 CC
    • Twiggy the Abomasnow gets 3 MC
  • Objection gets 2 UC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)