You feelin' Birchy? A Newark top 16 Warstory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok before anything lemme get this out there. I am a black MALE not a white female. My avatar on skarmbliss is my best friend not me. LOL Ok now for the warstory.

The friday before the event.

I invite 3 of my friends over to get ready and give them their teams.(I ended up RNGing and EVing teams for 5 of my friends) I'm still deciding on what to use, and I was really scared of facing trick room thinking it would be really popular(I was so right). I thought about how I did in DC the week before and how I could improve my team. I thought the core of my team was really good I just had trouble thinking of the last two pokemon I'd use. I end up not going to bed til 4AM and still wasn't sure on what to use. I wasn't too worried since I do this to myself every year.

The day of the event.

So I wake my friends up and we get ready to head out. On the bus 5minutes before we get to the exposition center I decide to add Krookodile and Mushana to my team as my final two pokemon. Both MVPs of the day. Here is my full team I used:

"Atomsk" @ Choice Scarf 252atk/252speed/4hp
Adamant - Justified
~ Rock slide
~ Earthquake
~ Close Combat
~ Sacred Sword

"Inui" @ Life Orb 252 sp.attack / 252speed/ 4hp
Timid - Prankster
~ Hidden Power [Ice]
~ Encore
~ Grass Knot
~ Tailwind

"Kelly" @ Sitrus Berry 252HP / 252 Sp.def / 4def
Calm - Telepathy
~ Psychic
~ Shadow Ball
~ Protect
~ Trick Room

"Wyatt" @ Flying Gem 252 Attack/ 252speed/ 4hp
Jolly - Prankster
~ Acrobatics
~ Taunt
~ Protect
~ Tailwind

"Luxord" @ focus Sash 252 speed / 252Attack / 4hp
Adamant - Intimidate
~ Crunch
~ Rock Slide
~ Earthquake
~ Protect

"Anti" @ Charti Berry 252 sp.attack / 252 speed / 4hp
Timid - Prankster
~ ThunderBolt
~ Hidden Power [Ice]
~ Protect
~ Substitute

Lemme explain the Whimsicott because you're probably wonder why the hell am I using an offensive whimsicott. I usually pair it with my scarf terrakion if I think I'm going to face genie + terrakion or double genie. Life Orb HP ice is enough to finish off a thundurus who survived rock slide via charti and grass knot + rock slide KOs terrakion. It was a funny and cool idea and I love gimmicks so I went for it. It was great in testing and everything I wish I could have used it more but I played so much trick room I didnt use whimsicott much at all today.

Anyway so i get on the line with my friends see my friends Alana and Anton, and Mark(vVv ChiboSempai) and give them their teams. I also see Bluecookies, EnFuego, Dtrain,TTS, and everyone on line as well. Didn't really talk to them much on line though. We wait 2hours to finally get started.

Round 1: Jason G.
We get seated and start chatting my friend Nick is sitting next to me and I'm feeling nervous about this first round, because I always have bad luck at these. We start the match and I see trick room. I'm already upset that I have to deal with trick room first round and I haaate trick room. He leads mushana scrafty and I lead Tornadus mushana. Turn 1 Tornadus gets fake out'd and both mushana's trick room. Turn 2 I taunt his mushana and he doesnt have the mental herb. and he switches scrafty for amoongus. mushana shadow balls his mushana. I acrobatics + psychic the amoongus and it goes down hill from there. I 4-0 him. He gets discouraged and wishes me luck and I move on.

Round 2: Albie G
We start right away and its another trick room team. This time he has alot of rock types. I start with mushana/Tornadus and he starts mushana/gigalith. First thought was this lead is soooo November 2010. Turn 1 I protect with Tornadus and trick room with mushana. He does the exact same thing protecting with gigalith and trick rooming. Ok he can do two things blow up or rock slide, but everyone is always so trigger happy with explosion so I protect with mushana and switch to krookodile. he blows up. Mushana protected and krook doesnt even go down to sash. his mushana trick rooms. He sends in reunicles and I protect with krookodile and trick room with mushana. He protects with mushana and fails at focus blasting Krook. Next turn I ohko his reunicles with crunch from krook. He sends in conkeldur and I switch krook in for tornadus and just gives up knowing he cant win I 4-0 him as well. Really nice guy.

Round 3: Ani
We greet eachother and wish each other good luck and we start our match. She leads with Eelektross and Zebstrika and I lead with terrakion/Whimsicott. She tells me she has only been playing white for a few weeks and I assume shes going to do some discharge stuff so I close combat the zebra and it doesnt have sash so it bites the dust and grass knot from whimsicott does around 55% to eelektross and eelektross discharges and para's my terrakion. she sends in volcarona. I dont remember what volcarona did but this turn i wasnt touched and whimsicott killed eel with grass knot and rock slide killed volcarona. She sends in hydreigon. I switch terrakion to tornadus and hp Ice hydreigon with whimsicott and it does around 60%. and I just win next turn with another hp ice. Another 4-0. She was really nice and I enjoyed talking to her throughout the battle.

Round 4: Christopher R.
Chris walks up to me excited about winning his last match shocked he got so far. My friend chibo walks by and tells me he lost and chibo tells me the guy im facing is the guy who took him out. I have to avenge my fallen comrade now, but I'm worried about how chibo lost to him. Team preview goes up and I see standard goodstuffs with mienshao. I lead with Tornadus/Terrakion to his Mienshao/whimsicott I rock slide with terrakion and acrobatics his mienshao. He doesnt fake out anyone and whimsicott taunts my Tornadus. rock slide does 33% to Whimsicott and acro kills mienshao. I see his whimsicott has leftovers and he sends in jellicent. Him sending jellicent out now has got me thinking its either trick room or scarf'd. He didnt notice my terrakion was scarf'd and rock slide does around 45% to his jellicent hindering water spout which does 60% to terrakion and around 30% to Tornadus. and his whimsicott...encores Tornadus. Ok so im taunted and encored into my only attacking move. I'm wondering now if his whimsicott even has grass knot or tailwind. Anyway acrobatics finishes off jellicent and his sends in archeops. rock slide and acro finishes off his team and I get my 4th 4-0 ina row.

Finalist Lounge.

I'm happy I'm in finalist Lounge for the first time in my vgc career. Getting better every event.(Lost to Tyler Round 4 at DC the week before.) My friend Nick is in finalist lounge too! This is so funny to me because I made his team last night and he never wanted to even practice and he got so far. Everyone else I came with either lost round 1 or 2. So me and Nick had to do well to make up for it. I also found out EnFuego lost to early as well. I see Bluecookies, IPS, RedSpyda,Chalkey, all come into finalist lounge as well. I sit with Nick and talks to him about how nervous I am. I mean 4-0ing everyone? My luck had to end soon right? they tell us they will do top 64 with 6 people playing and 29 people getting byes. Me and Nick get byes. :D

Top 32: All or nothing: George

I'm super nervous as I want to finally go to nats. He leads with Terrakion/Amoongus vs my Tornadus/Krookodile. I acro his amoongus and coba leaves him at around 10% Terrakion rock slides misses tornadus and does little to krook. Krook EQ's and finishes amoongus and leaves terrakion at sash. He sends in Tornadus. I acro his terrakion and rock slide with krook. His Tornadus protected. I don't remember much of what happened else, but alot of switching around and I ended up 4-0ing him too. The rock slide miss sucked for him, but I think I would have won regardless since -1 rock slide definitely wont ohko tornadus. It would have prevented to 4-0 but I guess thats pokemon sometimes. :/ I felt bad.

Top 16: Christina
At this point I'm really happy about getting the invite, but I know I need travel allowance to help my poor self getting to nats. We both congratulate eachother and get ready to play. This match was on the TV. I didnt know what to do went looking at her team. I saw Amoongus, Mushana, Jellicent, Terrakion, Tornadus, Thundurus. So I lead with Krookodile/Tornadus to her Terrakion/Amoongus. Not this again. I hate amoongus with a passion. I do what I did last round and Acrobatics/Earthquake. Her coba saves her amoongus, and her Terrakion rock slides and flinches my krookodile before it could finish the amoongus and goes to sleep because of it.I finish Amoongus off and rock slide finishes my tornadus. I send in terrakion and she sends in mushana. Rock slide finishes her terrakion and does a decent amount to mushana. then krookodile wakes up and crunches mushana and leaves it at....5hp. she trick rooms and I know its over from here. She sends in jellicent and water spouts my hopes and dreams away. I send in thundurus. I go for a double protect and get it. I try to get a third one on the last turn of trick room but I don't get it and lose. My luck had to run out eventually. It was a good game and I'm happy for her 2nd place finish. She was a really nice girl.

After I leave it turns out my friend Nick made it to top 8 and is playing on the TV vs a rain team. The battle is going even til his opponent gets a parahax on Thunder almost costing my friend the game, but he ended up winning anyway. He goes on to top 4 to face Christina who I lost to in top 16, and tells me it was a really haxy battle but oh well. I'm proud of his top 4 finish. :D Specially considering he never played this metagame really and didn't practice. After I went to watch semis with Bluecookies, TTS, Dtrain, and Tyler. IPS got superhaxed and still pulled out a 2-0 win. His opponent had a level 45 Jellicent lol. We watched him get hax'd in finals(not as much as semis) and he still pulls out another win to win the VGC. It was really fun watching, and I'm happy for him. Congrats dude. :D

It was a fun event, and I had a lot of fun. I'm sorry if this warstory looks bad and for grammatical errors and such. I'm really tired and I'm new to this whole warstory thing. :D Hope to see you all at nats! <3

Props:
-Top 16! and the Invite!
-Nick getting Top 4 with no practice and a team I made him the night before.
-Seeing Smogon/skarmbliss peoples: Dtrain, Bluecookies, TTS, RedSpyda,Tyler, IPS.
-IPS destroying the east coast stops.
-Hanging with my friends Chibo, Tristan, Nick, Anton, Peter, Alana.

Slops:
-Losing in top 16 not going further.
-Facing Trick room.
-Nick losing in top 4 to hax.
-All my other friends losing early.
-Chibo losing to rock gem mienshao.
-Not using my 1hko team.

Awww man, I had to face the champ 4th round :( Why couldn't I get some noobs LOL but yeah, nice warstory on congrats on top 16 :)

Fun warstory, grats on the nats invite and grats on making a neat team there... I enjoyed your set-up which made the story more fun. Smart team for this meta.

Oh, no way! I saw your Top 16 battle on the TV, haha. I thought you had it until she set up TR, would have been pretty cool if you got the 3rd Protect :P

But congrats on getting the invite, see you in indy!

breh

強いだね
nice job! I can see this team has progressed a lot. Whimsicott is cool; it's certainly a better way to use whimsicott than I've seen.

good luck in nationals!

Once again, congrats to you and your friend, Nick. I was so worried that I might not able to pull off trick room. Then you definitely freaked me out with two protects in the row. That was one crazy match. My battle with Nick was amazing despite the hax. Great games to you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)