You know you need it, I need it too, you know you need it, it's good for you...

This is my "discovery", team. The second one, which has a sort of new flavor which defines it from the first.

Daft Punk Team mark 2, which has had a 20:2 wins ratio on it. The 2 times I lost were when breloom came to town. This one actually has less of a strategy, except for the "recovery" strategy.

Also slice, I'm using that (awesome) lucario set. Thanks so much for giving it to me! (I just realised the "thats what she said"-itude of this comment. =.=;;)

Any changes will be made in red. :D
---
At a glance.

Team Tiem
---

Interstallar 5555 (Gyarados) (♂) @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP/56 Atk/136 Def/104 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I got bored of antileads, so I just went with the classic tanking gyarados. Which I was using before it was cool.

It really needs little explanation. The EV's Allow it it outspeed an opposing bulkygyara and give it an OHKO (I think) stone edge, while it can restalk and waterfall and out gun and outlast various opponents.
---

Aerodynamic (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 174 HP/216 Spd/120 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

My rapid spinner, it's basically just a starmie. I don't actually need thunderbolt at all, so I just bunged ice beam on there, so that I can wreak havoc on dragons that give me trouble. Mainly salamence and garchomp.
---

Alive (Lucario) (♂) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk/228 Spd/30 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Slice's mixcario, and the star of this team. I think everthing on this luke is right, so I'll give you the rundown.

Close Combat and Extreme Speed mean I can destroy CB tar and sashed pokemon like weavile with ease.

Swords Dance is great on the switch, and is just so very, very helpful.

Now, with hidden power ice, it gets very interesting. The most common walls to send into a physical lucario would be; Hippopowdon, Gliscor, Weezing, and Cresselia. Hippopowdon and gliscor are the most abundant and die swiftly with the vengance of a thousand moons. Cresselia is great to set up on, after a few swords dances, 6+ atk lucario will destroy cresselia, especially because of sandstorm. The last one is weezing, which is the one this luke can't deal with. Otherwise, you're dead.

Thanks again, slice!
---

Digital Love (Blissey) (♀) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def/154 SAtk/104 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect

I'll explain this mess quickly.

Flamethrower, as explained by obi, hits the common switches for blissey SE. These are weavile, heracross, and lucario.
Seismic toss is because I'm SO SICK of raikou.
Wish and protect are for that whole recovery thing, and to support raikou.

And the calm nature is the best discovery about blissey since for ever. While it takes away 11 points from defense, it adds a whopping 36 to special defense. A reasonable trade.
---

One More Time (Celebi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/140 Def/32 Spd/16 SAtk/70 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Recover

This one is straight from futuresuperstar's deadly sins RMT, and it works like a charm.

Thunder Wave is for getting celebi's counters crippled into uselessness, the common ones like weavile, infernape, and heatran.

It's also my garchomp counter, so that it doesn't rip my team to shreads.
---

The BrainWasher (Gliscor) (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Taunt
- Aerial Ace

My new physical wall, and should work well.

Although I want phazing, taunt works well to shut down wobbuffet, ect.

---

Central Strategy

As you may or may not have noticed, everything on this team (barring lucario), has a form of recovery, one way or another.

I decided that I would attempt a some-what tankinsh team, and I think I succeeded. The only problem I've had with this is lucario, who is the glue that holds this team together. Should I pack wish support on blissey?
---

Threat List

Coming soon to an RMT near you! But specifically this one.

i don't think both yawn and sing on a team's necessary. i would definitely prefer wish + protect rather than softboiled +sing.

Nah, stick with yawn and replace Blissey's Softboiled/Sing with Wish/Protect
But yawn isn't really phazing. If I wanna roar out a belly drummer, I can just roar 'em out, but with yawn, they could thaw the next turn and destroy me.

But if you really think so.

Hmm I never knew you could Thunder Wave ground types! JK, and since you can't, Garchomp shreds this team up pretty badly once Starmie is dead from Weavile, who can take on the whole team with the exception of Gyarados. I suggest Forretress who can spin easily and kills Weavile. Then put HP Ice on Celebi for Garchomp.

Hmm I never knew you could Thunder Wave ground types! JK, and since you can't, Garchomp shreds this team up pretty badly once Starmie is dead from Weavile, who can take on the whole team with the exception of Gyarados. I suggest Forretress who can spin easily and kills Weavile. Then put HP Ice on Celebi for Garchomp.
Lucario already resists both of weavile's stabs and OHKOs with CC, and gyara resists both of weaviles stabs and brick break and OHKOs with stone edge.

I'll put HP ice on celebi.

You could switch Hippowdon for Gliscor. Taunt can act somewhat as phazing since it prevents stat upping.

Or you could go with Skarmory... whirlwind for phazing plus spikes.

I really wouldnt use Hippowdon since Sandstorm could come back and bite you in the ass.

You could switch Hippowdon for Gliscor. Taunt can act somewhat as phazing since it prevents stat upping.

Or you could go with Skarmory... whirlwind for phazing plus spikes.

I really wouldnt use Hippowdon since Sandstorm could come back and bite you in the ass.
Yeah, I have the ice resists to pull off gliscor.

Thanks, kira.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)