You, Me, and Dupree

Thanks to Treecko37 for the title, im just not creative enough with names lol.

this team is one i have worked with for a while and for this rmt i do something a little different; i leave the 6th slot open because i do have a poke for it, i just want to change it. i peaked around 1940 with this team and am currently standing at
nu 1898 86 1970 ± 51 (provisional) 80 11 1
which isnt bad, but i feel like this team could do much better once i get all of the bumps out.

the object of this team is to set up as many hazards as i can then be able to tank hits and be offensive. if they have a spinner i can go into my offensive spin blocker and set up and possibly sweep. kangaskhan to keep the pressure up, musharna being NU's best pivot imo.
anyways, lets get into this.

You, Me, and Dupree
[pimg]546[/pimg][pimg]565[/pimg][pimg]315[/pimg][pimg]200[/pimg][pimg]115[/pimg] Open Slot

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[pimg]546[/pimg]
Musharna @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Psychic
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight
- Baton Pass

this is by far my favorite mushy set and it works perfectly for the team. being able to out slow everything and take a hit, status or on the switch out is something that not a lot of pokemon can do. just about anything but taunt will do the trick. musharna counters many of the physical threats in the tier (sawk, kangaskhan, primeape, flareon, gurdurr etc.) and even taking a lot of special hits very well, it can wall for days. with moonlight and heal bell it can cure itself and my team and stay alive for a while. bluffing the cm set is fun and baton passing out to kangaskhan or something else to have a great advantage on the opponent works wonders. im sure you have seen or used a mushy before and know what it can do.

[pimg]565[/pimg]
Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

seismitoad was my alternative lead, but quickly made its way to being my permanent lead. it makes for an amazing support poke and rocker, even being a decent special attacker too. it beats almost every rocker and spiker in the tier, just many leads in general also every spinner that i could think of doesnt match up well against seismitoad. i prefer knock off over toxic because of eviolites and knock off is permanent while toxic can be cured. it also beats roselia which is one of the few spikers that beats it 1v1. i know many people will say chance it to an all neutral nature and run eq, but i prefer to be that much more bulky with earth power and yes i have tested it. he goes well with roselia because they cover a lot of eachothers weaknesses.

[pimg]315[/pimg]
Roselia @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

roselia was chosen as my spiker; well first off it goes great with my mushy-seis core and i feel like with physical defense it has a very easy chance to set up many hazards and be offensive here and there. it has decent recovery in the form of giga drain and natural cure. i like to have both of the spikes because if they dont have a poison type i love having as many pokes as possible poisoned. it works extremely well with kangaskhan and just racking up damage in general, also i do not have any direct statusing moves when i dont run twave liepard. i really like the dual stab and dual spikes combo. i feel like there are way more physical threats and attackers in general so thats why i have roselia physically bulky.

[pimg]200[/pimg]
Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

this is one of the sets i am very open to suggestions, i have messed around with it a lot. i like being timid but im not quite sure its necessary, you let me know what you think i should do with this set. i have misdreavus mainly as a spin blocker and as a spin blocker a poke that can set up on spinners. pretty simple, every here and there i can get sweeps. also if i baton pass out from musharna when facing a wall that is usually a very nice time to set up. as i type this i am thinking i am going to make the set modest with move hp investment but enough speed to creep things. also i think i want to change tblot to hp fighting, which i tried but i stayed with timid to speed tie base 85 things and out speed 70s and 80s. misdreavus fits its way into this defensive core.

[pimg]115[/pimg]
Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 3 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Wish

this is pretty much the standard set but with wish crammed in there because i wanted a wish passer on the team but didnt want to sacrifice a slot (irony) lol. this is pretty much the main poke i focus on after i have all my hazards set up. i look for an opportunity to bring kang out and hit stuff with fake out, if i have toxic spikes up the game is pretty much won. this is a very popular set so im sure you all know how it works, but hazards helps it out so much more. nothing besides things with inner focus or shield dust is avoiding a fake out from this guy due to scrappy which is really helpful. though wish is a lot of the teams recovery i am considering swapping it for drain punch or eq.

Open Slot

A slot that i have tried many things in but i just cant find the one thing to fit, i am looking for a more defensive pokemon to help me out with the threats which will be below. either a defensive poke or just a very bulky attacker. i was thinking about a phazer or a wish passer but i just cant seem to fit one on the team.

Most successful pokes in this slot:
[pimg]566[/pimg]
Throh (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Payback
- Bulk Up
- Rest

this set seems good and all, but i think it is absolutely awful in this meta. so many fighting types people are already prepared for and the amazing amount of checks makes it hard for throh do to anything half of the time. so many psychic types that can easily 2 hit ko throh while shaking off paybacks easily. there have been many flying types as well that throh is easily beaten by even when set up a little bit ie braviary, sellow & swanna. throh wasnt very successful more than a couple times and more of the times ended up being sacked or used to take hits.

[pimg]538[/pimg]
Liepard @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Encore
- Thunder Wave

actually, i really like using this set with musharna, it makes just about anything that tries to set up unable to. especially with musharna, prankster encore was the main move of the set, i would normally encore then u-turn to keep momentum up and give yet another chance to go into kangaskhan.

the things i didnt like about the set were it was rather gimmicky and outside of support it couldnt do much at all, and usually ended up as fodder as well. thunder wave was also kinda pointless and could have used pursuit or something else. i wan a pokemon that could take hits instead of being super frail and contribute more to the team

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion
I love the structure of the team and hope to finalize it soon. i would like any of you to suggest a pokemon for the last slot and why most of all because thats what i need most aha. feel free to make any suggestions though i am a rather picky person i play a ton of poke so theres a good chance ill test most suggestions.

for the last slot ive been thinking lickilicky because it gets dragon tail and wish. other than that i really dont know what would fit.

Threats
-Articuno
-Eelektross
-Scolipede
-Golurk
-Banded Braviary

Your team seems a tad Ludicolo weak to me. I think you could benefit from switching the roles of Seismitoad and Roselia. A physically defensive Seismitoad has an even easier time against opposing Stealth Rock leads, and handles the threatening Golurk and Scolipede far more effectively. Its also bulky enough to avoide the ko from adamant band sawk and braviary after sr and a layer of spikes, and you can hit them with a good scald and hopefully burn them. Speaking of which, i think you should run a relaxed nature and earthquake over earthp power, as ohkoing jynx after sr is pretty crucial. Physically defensive toad is also a great counter to lategame carracosta which looks pretty damn threatening to your team.

Meanwhile a specially defensive roselia does a far better job against eelektross and ludicolo. Dont get me wrong i know that physically defensive rose is good, but i think the specially defensive one will benefit your team more.

Regarding the last slot on your team i think that you need some sort of flying resistance in there. I'm looking into eelektross, both expert belt and coil, but i'll playtest with the team for a bit and then get back to you

i don't see how you'd exactly handle substitute + bulk up braviary outside of a healthy misdreavus. other sets and just flying-types in general are painful to deal with, especially if your bulky pokemon are stacked with hazards. try carracosta for your last slot to handle such threats and possibly gain a boosting opportunity from them for a sweep.

earthquake is also mandatory on offensive kangaskhan. there's no way around it. sucker punch is the most expendable move if you really want wish on that set. you need to hit stuff like klang and carracosta, both of which can cause you trouble if seismitoad is weakened. hitting any rock- and/or steel- type is helpful for kangaskhan as well.

lastly, roselia should definitely go with a specially defensive spread. most of the stuff it checks well hits from the special side anyway, and it helps against the slight weakness to rain dance + swift swim threats.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
i think the last slot should belong to metang since it can counter jynx, musharna, regice, and other ice or psychic types that could give this team troubles. you could either run stealth rocks on it and switch seismitoad to a more offensive set to give this team a bit more speed or simply use a three attack set with toxic which gives you more flexibility. metang can also tank flying-types very well and beat braviary if you can manage to land a toxic on it—which you have multiple chances to do.

Metang @ Eviolite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Toxic
- Zen Headbutt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)