Young, Wild and Free

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by TheNotoriousHirschy, Apr 26, 2011.

1. TheNotoriousHirschy

TheNotoriousHirschy

The Title of this Team comes from the Song Young, Wild, & Free by Snoop Dog and Wiz Khalifa. I listend to that song on repeat during my play testing of this team, its a great song :)

I know I just posted a variation of this team, but after playing with the team more and going over the suggestions I realized my team wasn’t very consistent. It had good Pokémon on it but the synergy was off and it didn’t blend well together. I once again revamped the team and after 2 days of nonstop testing I think I have a better build. It changed dramatically so I thought it deserved its own new thread.

The Team is a Bulky Offense Water, Fire, Grass core. That was the original layout of my team but I didn’t have a very good core and the lead wasn’t very effective. Yes I did basically build this team off the play style of Faladran lol he is my favorite player and I find his battling style very effective. Anyways on to the team:

[​IMG]
    Agunomuu (Azelf) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Zen Headbutt
    - U-turn
    - Trick
    - Ice Punch

I lead with Choice Band Azelf, this gen I don’t see many Azelf leads and having him choice Banded really throws people off. Choice band allows it to have a powerful U-turn so I can Scout with a little damage to boot. Zen Headbutt is to get rid of any Fighting leads I might run into and is STAB for Azelf. Ice Punch allows me to come in latter and hit Dragons if I want and just adds another attack. And I also run a Trick to screw over Shell Smash leads.

[​IMG]
    Eamudo (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Whirlwind
    - Spikes
    - Roost

Skarmory is my Physical Wall, and one of the best. This set is very common Spiker Set, and does his job nicely. His Brave Bird lets him Hit Fighting types that predict him to set up spikes, and I use Brave Bird to poop Balloon Pokémon so I can come in and sweep. The reason I use him over Forretress is because of the fact that he has Whirlwind! I find Whirlwind very important to switch enemy Pokémon out of their Stat Boost moves. Plus he has Roost so he can heal up and be used throughout the game.

[​IMG]
    Hiidoran (Heatran) (M) @ Shuca Berry
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Earth Power
    - Fire Blast
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar

Shuca Berry Sp Def Heatran is one of my Favorite Pokémon and one of the most useful in OU. This guy is a monster who can take hits and fight back with considerable damage. I can almost always find a spot for Heatran on my team he so versatile and orgasmic. He’s also my Stealth Rock layer to add more entry hazard Damage. Plus he carries the roar so he can switch enemy Pokémon out who try to Stat boost on him.

[​IMG]
    Jalorda (Serperior) (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Contrary
    EVs: 224 HP / 48 SAtk / 236 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Leaf Storm
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Substitute
    - Leech Seed

Serperior is a boss, plain and simple. With max HP Evs and max Spe Evs he acts like an aggressive bulky Shaymin. With his +2 Sp Atk boost after STAB Leaf Storm makes him a big threat to any team. I run a Lum berry just to keep my momentum going if they switch into a wall and try to hax me. I run the Hidden Power Ice now because on my last post someone suggested it, and it has worked really nicely. And to Top it all off he runs the SubSeed set so I can do some neat tricks with that and get a good set up going.

[​IMG]
    Rotomu (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 168 SAtk / 88 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

The Water part of my core, a bulky Rotom-W. I made this set trying to merge the aggressive Rotom-W and the very defensive variants together. I came out with this set and it works very well! It deals a lot of damage while being bulky. It’s not the fastest guy out there but he does his job nicely. He also gets STAB Hydro Pump and Volt Switch that deal lots of damage, and he carries the Hidden Power Ice to hit dragons and such, and to top it all off a Shadow ball to hit Ghost and Psychic type. He has good coverage and great bulk witch make him great for the team plus Volt Switch to scout a little bit.

[​IMG]
    Furaigon (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - ThunderPunch
    - Outrage
    - U-turn
    Oh Flygon, you are… broken lolz in my opinion Flygon is one of if not the best revenge killer. He is very powerful and hits super hard. His move set is pretty standard but he just does an awesome job of cleaning up. I also like him because he’s ground and can switch into electric Atks then U-turn out to go into a different Pokémon.

This is my new and improved team. It has done quite well for me and I have lots of fun playing with it. Any suggestions and comments/fixes will be appreciated and tested. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!
    Hirschy Out-
  2. TheNotoriousHirschy

TheNotoriousHirschy

3. ChaosZekrom

ChaosZekrom

my advice is that if you choose to run that set for rotom-w, use choice scarf instead but if you choose to use a bulky rotom-w, use this set

Rotom-W@Leftovers
    252HP 252Def/SpDef 4 Def/SpDef
    Will-o-wisp
    Hydro Pump
    Discharge/Thunderbolt/Volt Switch
    Shadow Ball/Pain Split
  4. TheNotoriousHirschy

TheNotoriousHirschy

I dont like running Will-O-Wisp on this particular set, i want it to be more offenseive with keeping bulk. Thats why it has Max HP EVs and alot of Sp Atk EVs. I dont need another Sp Wall! Heatran takes care of that pretty well, this set is just to back up Heatran and switch into water Atks, since i carry the Ground Resist Berry instead of the Water Resist on him. This Rotom-W acts more like a Bulky Suicune thats why i carry the Hidden Power Ice, and i run Volt Switch over Thunderbolt because it alows me to scout the enemy team, as well as hit hard.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)