Your 1st Generation of Pokemon

What was your first generation of Pokemon?

• Generation V (Black, White)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I started with Blue version when I barely understood what was going on. I never realized that I had to give the guards some water to get into Saffron city. Granted, I was about 7 or 8.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Crystal Version was my first Pokemon game, Sapphire was the first Pokemon game that I truly comprehended.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My first Pokemon was Blue (started with Bulbasaur!), then Yellow. I don't think I ever owned a copy of Red, which is the reason the first Gen III game I bought was FireRed. Kind of disappointed that I couldn't trade forward my Articuno named DairyQueen (or however many characters were allowed) and Suicune named Pur (after the water filter) but found out I can get them in-game anyways.

Pokemon HeartGold is my first ever Pokemon game. I started out in this game like less than two years ago. Soon, my cousin let me keep his Pokemon Diamond cart. And then for Christmas I got Pokemon Platinum (and Pokemon Diamond again and Pearl -.- but those were returned).

My cousin has been playing FireRed for a long time, and that is what got me into this game.

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I started out with Blue when I was 7 or 8. My dad got both Red and Blue for my bro and I, and I chose blue because I liked the color. xD

I ended up getting Red later, and Yellow. But I really got addicted to it when Crystal came out. It's the only game I have ever managed to complete the pokedex in legitimately. :p

I skipped the 3rd gen games, but when Diamond and Pearl came out (with wifi capability), I picked it up again and haven't stopped since. xD

Pokemon Blue was my first Pokemon game but I never played it much till Yellow came out, I was too busy with the trading cards :P. I didn't buy Gold or Silver but I did buy Crystal and I loved that game, The battle tower was fun and challenging. I never really got into the 3rd Gen but im hooked now to the Gen 4 and Gen 5 games since you can actually battle people online.

I first started out playing pokemon blue version. I remember saving up all my allowances to buy it. As soon as I popped the game in I chose Charmander. Beating Team Rocket. Having trouble with Brock (I still didn't realise a quick trip to Viridian could have easily given me a Caterpie and eventually a Butterfree with some serious stat moves and Psychic), beating the whole Elite 4 and Champ with only a LV 75 Charizard to my name (Of course later on I realized I could easily save me the time and a lot of Sword Dances had I taken the time to learn proper team dev). I must have explored the ins and outs to that game. I found out how to exploit the Missingno glitch and the catch any pokemon glitch. Beyond that I've owned every GB and DS release of Pokemon excluding Gen 5 which I plan to do very soon (Had to break from gaming because of University) Oh and they made Red absolutely OP in HG/SS I mean seriously, I played the orginals and I creamed him every time. It was unneccessarily long aka it took me twice lol

I expected Diamond/Pearl to have more than this, since it was the first to have the WiFi battle function. But RBY is, no surprise, taking the lead.

Because of me, of course.

Hmmmmmmmm gonna have to say gen3

Because

I played gold after my older brother got it used from gamestop, but I think I played about 20 minutes and had gotten to mr. Pokemon when my brother took the gameboy and started over my save file... :(

But then I went to toys r us one day and my bro (same brother as mentioned above) got sapphire, and I unknowingly pre ordered emerald. (got it for my birthday eventually) And then for Christmas that same year, emerald was not yet released, and my brother got ruby, and since he had both, I asked him if I could have it and he reluctantly gave it to me. :))))))))

I played Through ruby and beat it with only a swampert.

I remember I had to try that rival battle on the way to mauville a million times to beat it, but when I finally did I was like

THANK THE LORD!!!!!!

Reppin' Gen II (crystal), still my favorite game (but no wild mareep sucks). But I didn't really know what to do with it, so I guess the first one I actually did things in is Sapphire.

I got a Game Boy Color in the '99 christmas, and my dad bought an English Yellow and a Spanish Red, good old times :d

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
I startec with gen2 Pokemon silver. Then got red/blue. Then to the 3rd gen game firered/leafgreen. By dumb luck I was able to trade with this kid pokemon gold, yellow, sapphire, and crystal. After that I bought everyother pokemon game after(including ruby)

Gen 1 for me. After Gen 2 It was an amazing game. Then I stopped playing pokemon but after several years when I discovered that they were new pokemon I bought Ruby and fell in love again to pokemon. By the time I was playing Ruby, Pearl and diamond were released etc.

My first was red then I eventually played/owned blue, yellow, gold, silver, crystal, ruby, sapphire, fire red, leaf green, emerald, pearl, diamond, platinum, and finally black and white lol.

mine was the awesome third generation...i had sapphire when i was 5 and i remember was one of my better days...i've started my great adventure with my treecko, then mudkip and then my Blaziken. it was an awesome game that made started in me the love for pokemon :')

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)