Your Favorite Tier~

UU, for sure! we're basically the recycling bin for OU. every gen, OU pokes drop down to our hands (most of the time) and these include roserade. We also had victini at one point :)

But enough about OU. other, lower tier pokes are usable. the community is very nice, nobody will hate you for using non-average pokes and nobody will criticise your decision of using a popular pokemon (unlike OU, lel) and overall some pretty cool strats appear all the time.

If not UU, probably custom battles! these have so much diversity, however you cant battle freely. you can basicaly anything. even sturdy shedinja is easy to get past with the right set! mold breaker / will o wisp do the trick. every set, no matter how OP, can be beaten! and you will always be tweaking your team, adapting to commonly used pokemon like mega ray, and figuring out how to become as OP as possible with 1000+ in each stat!!

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Balanced Hackmons or 1V1 CC.
And thus I combined the two to make BH CC 1v1. You're welcome.

Tiers on the server even though I probably already posted: Classic Hackmons, Balanced Hackmons and STABmons.
Tiers not on the server: Balanced Hackmons Challenge Cup

EDIT: Wow I'm on the first page. My opinions sure have changed!

Little Cup. My heart has always been to LC, since most of the tier is adorable, and I think it's fun having the opportunity to use Pokemon that aren't final evos. Something about LC has always been fun to me.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
My favorite tier has to be either NU or UU. NU is full of surprises which I like the most about the metagames. Different / interesting pokemon and movesets allow me to keep enjoying the game. UU is a very fun tier because one of my top 3 favorite pokemon is in there, being Porygon-Z. Porygon-Z is so much fun to use because of it's raw power. UU also seems like one of the most balanced tiers in my opinion, seeing there is a stop to pretty much all threats within UU.

NU is basically the same reason but with Liepard in stead of Porygon-Z. In generation 5 I hated Liepard and would forfeit whenever somebody used it against me because Swag Play was so fucking broken. But now that that garbage ass 'strategy' is banned, I love it to death. Liepard is often overlooked as offensive pokemon and I made a few custom sets on it to enjoy using him even more. Gen 5 NU was the tier that really got me in to this game because everything I know now, is pretty much learned in that tier.

If PU counts as a tier I'd have that as a third option. PU is basically the same story as NU but without me sucking up to Liepard. I just love using underrated stuff and surprise people with the power that's been hidden. PU, NU and UU are pretty much the only tiers I can really enjoy. Don't ask me why, because I don't understand that either.

Ubers is my favorite. OU is my most played but the same Pokemon being used piss me off due to overuse and predictability. Many of my favorite Pokemon are viable or (unfairly) banned to Ubers: my top 2 favorite Pokemon being Mega Lucario and Skymin, and not to forget favorite starter Blaziken. I love being able to use Ho-oh and Xerneas and other large beasts like Arceus. Until further notice, I have caused countless rage quits using the notorious Swagkey. Otherwise, I take my OU teams to Ubers and fight the lower lower so I can beat up some all-legendaries teams or laugh at some noobs using focus sash Pikachu or non-mega Charizard.
Its funny how you say Ou is centralized, when ubers is much more centralized to begin with. You see very similar teams and real common sets for uber pokemon.

Its funny how you say Ou is centralized, when ubers is much more centralized to begin with. You see very similar teams and real common sets for uber pokemon.
Sir, I posted this before Swagger's undeserved ban in Ubers. Ubers was about freedom, using whatever you want. Now it's overtaken by tyrants who think Shadow Tag is a broken ability (hint: it's not).

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sir, I posted this before Swagger's undeserved ban in Ubers. Ubers was about freedom, using whatever you want. Now it's overtaken by tyrants who think Shadow Tag is a broken ability (hint: it's not).
I have my own post I want to type but I want to address this first. Swagger was probably the most sensible thing to be banned in a long time. Being able to take down entire teams of cover legendaries with one pokemon is incredibly broken, forces almost every mon in your party to carry taunt out of fear of facing a player who instead of using logic and skill to overcome the opponent, would rather click the same 2 buttons over and over and wait for the rage quit. This was made worse by the same people actually leaving the game as soon as they are taunted or have their swagger mon killed. Also, ubers isn't just a banlist tier where anything should be allowed.

Anyway, my favourite tier by miles is doubles. The possibilities are (forgive the pun) doubled in this tier and it leads to, in my opinion, a far more diverse and enjoyable play environment. I've always found singles to be start, rocks, switch, defog, switch, rocks, switch and eventually a key member of your opponents team will faint, then you destroy the rest. This isn't an unfounded opinion, it may be outdated as I haven't played singles since may, but the length and level of boredom I got from playing singles made me stop. I used to hover around the top 100 in ubers and was somewhere on the middle of the ladder in OU, so I wasn't an experienced player, but I was by no means a noob.

I then moved to doubles and fell in love. The creativity, surprise and doubles prediction level made the game far more interesting, and I've been playing ever since.

The main problem with doubles, is the fine line between horrible gimmicks that embarrass the tier, and innovative sets that no one could ever see coming. An example of interesting sets and high level play can be seen in this game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-smogondoubles-380

Teambuilding is another aspect of doubles I enjoy, as its far more complicated than building a singles team. Singles requires you to have reliable switch ins to thread to your team. In doubles, this is almost impossible as even if you can tank a hit you needed to, you still have to worry about what your opponents second mon will do. This brings me to the length of the games. I have a very small attention span, due to my ADHD, and singles games going on for 100+ turns in PP stalls are the definition of oh god why for me. Doubles games on a bad day will last about 12-15 turns, sometimes more if the players are good but generally ladder games are short, meaning you have a far smaller margin for error.

My favourite part of doubles however, is that stall is almost non existent. Entry hazards are few and far between, and someone taking a turn to put up rocks or spikes up usually means their downfall due to the incredibly fast play style. The usual suspects in OU and ubers trying to stall in doubles is hilarious. Another notable thing is that swagger isn't banned in doubles. I am the biggest advocate of banning swagger in doubles, which was recently shot down hard in the doubles suspect thread :(

This is an example of why swagger/stall doesn't work in doubles (before anyone says anything, all the shit talking in the game chat is friendly, we're buddies from the PS doubles room we aren't actually arguing lol) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoublesuu-171851738

Last edited:
My favorite tier is definitely Little Cup. It is fun, and using cute mons is always the best thing ever. I also enjoy this meta because you can use cute mons like Chespin, Joltik, Slugma, Finneon, and a couple others which are generally thought to be "unviable," but then teach them that they are actually pretty decent.

As well as LC, I enjoy playing NU, PU and even OU from time-to-time. I even got a pretty decent OU rating of near 1600, so that's pretty cool. I have tried other tiers like RU, UU, and Ubers this gen, but I just really could not get into them. I might retry playing UU just because I enjoy using Lucario in OU, and Lucario is much better in UU (However, this will probably end up happening after Sableye rises to OU... I hate Sableye.)

LC. No legendaries, no Megas and everything in the tier is adorable.
Tbh imo Carvanha is hideous and ugly so like your statement is false just saying hehe lol.

Last edited:

SamuelTheBest

Banned deucer.
I alredy say:Monotype
my favorite tier
it's a question of playing
i peaked 20 with a mono dragon fighting a lot of monofairy
and that's hard
A good tier for me

Even before that, it was still highly centralized as you to deal with the titans of the game. Note: swagger was banned in Gen 6 cause klefki was good at it (outclassed liepard, sableye, and thundurus in swagplay) and the meta became more tolerable unlike the HO nature of gen 5

Ubers is ruined now. The new best tier is Anything Goes! This is how Pokemon is meant to be played, not the banhappy rules Smogon has been forcing into its meta games.

davidTheMaster

TheMasterMind
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
My favorite tier are OU XY because this is the first tier when i've learned strategy, DPP OU funny of meta same if there are no the team preview, ADV OU fabulous generation who is my favorite version of pokemon

Fav tier: UU
Reasoning: i started out in ou (which i assume a lot of players started out in) and it seemed like the same pokemon all the time. when i dropped down to uu, i just loved the tier, and since then it's been my favorite tier!

I kind of fly between AG, 1v1, and OU...depending on which of these communities is the least harsh at the moment. Losing is boring, but when you have a 35/65 win/loss chance, nvm...

Ace

ᴅ ᴇ ᴀ ᴅ
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Monotype is my favourite tier, I find it extremely fun and I think I'm not too shabby at it compared with the other tiers.
Also the roomdesc for it "Who wants type variety when you can have six dragon types?" Can't really argue with that. :P

For me, definitely OU or UU.

I personally like the higher tiers where there are stronger Pokemon, and a wider selection to choose from. It makes the game more fast paced than lower tiers like NU or PU. Also, I like OU because it is easy to learn, and UU because there are a lot of playstyles to choose from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)