1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Your first shiny pokemon (except Gyarados in GSC)

Discussion in 'Historical Threads' started by eddylugia, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddylugia

eddylugia

As the title says.
    My first shiny pokemon was a Tentacool in Emerald :evan: and because I was looking for Latias with the volume off, I didn't see it was shiny until I escaped :(
  2. wacky tabaky

wacky tabaky

Well I killed a shiny starly with a rock smash crit but my first ever was jirachi(hacked[non-hacked would be pichu])
  3. 420

My first and only legit wild shiny was a shiny koffing in crystal which is now a weezing. Caught it in a nuzlocke run without even having to break the rules since it just happened to be the first pokemon in that area.
  4. Captains

Captains

I got a Geodude in FR randomly, then when trying for decent Porygon IVs, got a Shiny Porygon on FR, and then on Sapphire on purpose after 100 resets found a Hasty shiny Kyogre w/ Quite High IVs.
  5. soul_survivor

soul_survivor

My 1st shiny(beside gyrados in gold) was wurmple in emerald. I was training until all my moms wera at 16+, and it popped out. It also evolved into a beautyfly which was useful.
  6. ZekromTheGreat

ZekromTheGreat

That was pretty stupid eddylugia XD
  7. kkoala

kkoala

Shiny Lairon inside of victory road in Ruby, hit run before I realized. =/
  8. Icy Arcanine

Icy Arcanine

I found and caught a Shiny Golbat in Sapphire
  9. Captains

Captains

Thats an awesome shiny to find >.>
  10. Japan

Japan

Grrrrr.....shinys in 3rd gen wow!

My first shiny was a kingler, adamant nature, I was watching this commercial, and it showed this scary face, so I got scared and accidently moved my character 2 steps (Soul Silver) then wow, shiny kingler caught, to be honest, I really didn't care about it.
  11. PrimeMinister

PrimeMinister

I can't believe this..... Everybody has seen a shiny. In my 10 years of playing pokemon, never have I seen a shiny. I never understood why I never found one......
  12. ZekromTheGreat

ZekromTheGreat

Eh i have nothing better to do.So ill explain my first shiny in soul silver.Although i lost it i don't care i still have black. XD
    So i was in a cave,A cold,Dark dripping cave.Ladders,Stairs obstacles everywhere!Lets see..Ladder...Go up...Up the stairs...Turn left.....And go up...BOOM!There it was.Mewtwo.I thought it was just a regular Mewtwo level.70.But i started to battle.And it was an amazing sight.A green and pale i guess Mewtwo!And even a bigger surprise.I wanted to get rid of my x1 poke ball.(Regular.)Full hp,First time, I caught it!Yes!!!And thats what happen.Then i traded it to black.
  13. Yamata no Orochi

Yamata no Orochi
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

My first Shiny was Yanma in the the Safari Zone, Platinum Version.
  14. Japan

Japan

Did you manage to catch it?
  15. zero2exe

zero2exe Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
    is a Contributor Alumnus

My first shiny was a sentret in leafgreen... haven't seen another since then =.=
  16. V4Victini

V4Victini Free Ohmagod
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

My first shiny was a Venonat in HeartGold. I treasured it sooooooo much. One day I traded it away on pokemongts.com. Ive regretted it ever since. TT-TT
  17. Japan

Japan

I feel you man, ever since I got that Kingler, I didn't really care about it, until I traded it for an EV'd pokemon, I go so careless, *sigh* the memories.
  18. TheBaron

TheBaron

My first was a shiny Tentacool in Emerald (now a Tentacruel), then a shiny Psyduck, (now a Golduck), and last and coolest from Diamond version, a shiny Ponyta. Also got the shiny dogs from that event.
  19. tomtom5858

tomtom5858

My first (and only) wild, shiny, non-RNGed encounter was in my Black verion. It was a Cottonee (Infiltrator Quirky grr). I then traded it to my friend for an Adamant shiny Magikarp. I told him the only good nature on MagiDos is Jolly, and he swallowed it whole.
  20. Enraikou

Enraikou

the first shiny...well there is a story behind it: It was on pokemon ruby at mt.pyre, i found a red duskull but i thought it might be angry or something...(god please kill me) i runned away but then walked again and found another red duskull, I said "ill catch it, maybe it will back to normal"......... today that "angry duskull" is my wall dusknoir at pokemon white.----------> lol
  21. Japan

Japan

wtf, 2 shiny duskulls?
  22. Zorian

Zorian

My first was on a friends ruby and i found a shiny Lotad and i let him keep it, then on my diamond i chained for a shiny voltorb, absol and ponyta.
  23. Japan

Japan

I bet people when they first found their shinnies they probably thought it was a glitch or non if importance so they run or knock it out. LOL!
  24. Pikaswag

Pikaswag

..... My first and only shiny pokemon was a red gyarados .....i feel so left out
  25. Muffinlander

Muffinlander

Shiny tropious in gen 3, dont remember exactly. probably emerald.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)