1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Your first shiny pokemon (except Gyarados in GSC)

Discussion in 'Historical Threads' started by eddylugia, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScoobyDoom

ScoobyDoom

my first shiny was a shiny budew in pokemon diamond
  2. Arkaious

Arkaious

My first shiny was a Murkrow in gold for GBA
  3. Arkaious

Arkaious

Unfortunately its all luck, just keep trying, i had the same ordeal as a kid.
  4. StallMandibuzz

StallMandibuzz

It's all just luck, Minister. It's all just luck. And lots of numbers. I know people that have found two Shinies in a row, one after another. I think it was a Sandslash, then a Claydol or Cofagrigus or something. Idgaf about it personally, but still. What damn luck. :!
  5. CoRRuptedFiLeS786

CoRRuptedFiLeS786

First ever shiny was a geodude in HG out side the first gym in that ruins place
  6. lars

lars

Shiny nidoran (male) in Gold. Boss Nidoking
  7. More Cowbell

More Cowbell

The first one I got was a shiny Duskull which I got from a friend, still have it stored somewhere. The first one I actually caught myself was a Drowzee with I encountered in my Platinum Nuzlocke. It even was the first Pokémon to appear in the area, so it was entirely legal :P
  8. ThePhalanx

ThePhalanx

I was running through a tower in Emerald when I found a shiny Duskull. I was rushing to get somewhere else and I clicked run, wondering what that little sparkle was. An hour later, I realised what I had done, nearly cried (not really, but something like that)

The first one I actually CAUGHT was a bellsprout in Fire Red (in the little patch of grass above Cerulean), named it "trophy" and decided it would be my main poke while playing through. I evolved to a Victreebel, looked at the sprite... and into my box for the rest of the game.
  9. Umby

Umby I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I believe mine was a Swinub, right before I got to the Ice Path for the first time.
  10. Draycos7

Draycos7

On Pearl I believe my first shiny was a Registeel I got from the GTS. I don't remember what I offered but I do remember being elated and then noticing it had a perfect nature, flawless IVs, and the exact move set for a set here on Smogon. Needless to say, I was pissed.
  11. jwade0624

jwade0624

Shiney golbat in Ruby version...after that it was golbat, golbat...now finally a shelmet lol
  12. KoteiHB

KoteiHB

A long time ago, a shiny mareep in Gold (emulator)
    Currently, a shiny Tangela.
  13. DarkMaelstrom

DarkMaelstrom

I just hatched a Shiny Misdreavus (WITHOUT using the Masuda Method or cheats) with perfect Special Attack and Speed IVs and a +Speed nature that isn't Jolly. I was so happy! It's my first Shiny in my new game.
  14. Sxy

Sxy

A long time ago, a Shiny Tentacool. Or a Shiny zubat. I'm thinking a shiny Zubat in Ruby.
    Truth be told, all I remember was the Gyarados in Gen 2, but I a friend found a shiny Sneasel once in Gold.
  15. Vela

Vela

Caterpie!

Lol my first shiny was a gold caterpie I caught during the bug catching contest on the original Pokemon silver. I actually thought I would place first for catching a different colored Pokemon, I didn't, but that didn't bother me. Since a pink butterfree was worth a lot more. I wish you could have transfered your 2 gen pokes to 3 gen.
  16. Frostt

Frostt

shiny quagsire escaped in safari zone :(
  17. LPFan

LPFan

A shiny Pidgey.
  18. Ratatat

Ratatat

I've only ever encountered shinies while playing on emulators for some reason, with the first being a Rattata in Silver on Route 31 (didn't have any pokeballs...). The only other one I've ever seen was a shiny Hariyama on Victory Road in Sapphire, also on an emulator, which ended up being the first one I caught.

The only shiny I've seen in an honest-to-goodness, non-emulated game was an Oshawott in Black someone traded to me over GTS. My knee-jerk reaction is that it's hacked, but it's only level 15 and has random stats and only natural level-up moves, so I wonder. Someone either wasn't paying attention or they're awfully generous!
  19. TrueSoprano

TrueSoprano

I think it was a shiny Onix in Crystal.

My most recent was a Plusle... sadly, it was in the battle pyramid in Emerald.
  20. Bika

Bika

Shiny Ledyba. Cute orange ladybug :3
  21. Keep Smiling

Keep Smiling

My first shiny was a shiny Pichu, which hatched out of the Odd Egg in Crystal. Ironically enough, I was reading about shiny pokemon at the time.
  22. Jirachinaught

Jirachinaught

I had only gotten one shiney in 15 years, and that was a rattata in Silver. But I have been playing Heartgold, and have gotten two terrible looking pokemon and shinies, Psyduck with a Calm Nature and Goldeen with a Timid. I believe I may have the worst luck in the world with shinies.
  23. Worldtour

Worldtour aka Swamp-Rocket
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I found a Shiny Zubat in Platium after about 6 years of playing Pokemon. I swear that must have been, like, the 30,000th wild Pokemon I'd ever seen.
  24. -NLMRY-

-NLMRY-

Slowpoke in Leaf Green. I was in the Ice Cave on the Sevii Islands looking for something that I can no longer remember. I evolved it into a Slowking, which is my favorite of that line, and Palparked it to Pearl. I lost it when I restarted :( I did trade over all of my events to HeartGold, just forgot it was there, oh well...
  25. Lapis Lazuli Mew

Lapis Lazuli Mew

[​IMG]Ruby (???; long ago)
    [​IMG]LeafGreen (1st August 2011)
    [​IMG]Crystal (~26 December 2011; found near Red Gyarados lol)

Playing Pokémon since 12th February 2009, for comparison.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)