1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Your first shiny pokemon (except Gyarados in GSC)

Discussion in 'Historical Threads' started by eddylugia, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScoobyDoom

ScoobyDoom

my first shiny was a shiny budew in pokemon diamond
  2. Arkaious

Arkaious

My first shiny was a Murkrow in gold for GBA
  3. Arkaious

Arkaious

Unfortunately its all luck, just keep trying, i had the same ordeal as a kid.
  4. StallMandibuzz

StallMandibuzz

It's all just luck, Minister. It's all just luck. And lots of numbers. I know people that have found two Shinies in a row, one after another. I think it was a Sandslash, then a Claydol or Cofagrigus or something. Idgaf about it personally, but still. What damn luck. :!
  5. CoRRuptedFiLeS786

CoRRuptedFiLeS786

First ever shiny was a geodude in HG out side the first gym in that ruins place
  6. lars

lars

Shiny nidoran (male) in Gold. Boss Nidoking
  7. More Cowbell

More Cowbell

The first one I got was a shiny Duskull which I got from a friend, still have it stored somewhere. The first one I actually caught myself was a Drowzee with I encountered in my Platinum Nuzlocke. It even was the first Pokémon to appear in the area, so it was entirely legal :P
  8. ThePhalanx

ThePhalanx

I was running through a tower in Emerald when I found a shiny Duskull. I was rushing to get somewhere else and I clicked run, wondering what that little sparkle was. An hour later, I realised what I had done, nearly cried (not really, but something like that)

The first one I actually CAUGHT was a bellsprout in Fire Red (in the little patch of grass above Cerulean), named it "trophy" and decided it would be my main poke while playing through. I evolved to a Victreebel, looked at the sprite... and into my box for the rest of the game.
  9. Umby

Umby I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I believe mine was a Swinub, right before I got to the Ice Path for the first time.
  10. Draycos7

Draycos7

On Pearl I believe my first shiny was a Registeel I got from the GTS. I don't remember what I offered but I do remember being elated and then noticing it had a perfect nature, flawless IVs, and the exact move set for a set here on Smogon. Needless to say, I was pissed.
  11. jwade0624

jwade0624

Shiney golbat in Ruby version...after that it was golbat, golbat...now finally a shelmet lol
  12. KoteiHB

KoteiHB

A long time ago, a shiny mareep in Gold (emulator)
    Currently, a shiny Tangela.
  13. DarkMaelstrom

DarkMaelstrom

I just hatched a Shiny Misdreavus (WITHOUT using the Masuda Method or cheats) with perfect Special Attack and Speed IVs and a +Speed nature that isn't Jolly. I was so happy! It's my first Shiny in my new game.
  14. Sxy

Sxy

A long time ago, a Shiny Tentacool. Or a Shiny zubat. I'm thinking a shiny Zubat in Ruby.
    Truth be told, all I remember was the Gyarados in Gen 2, but I a friend found a shiny Sneasel once in Gold.
  15. Vela

Vela

Caterpie!

Lol my first shiny was a gold caterpie I caught during the bug catching contest on the original Pokemon silver. I actually thought I would place first for catching a different colored Pokemon, I didn't, but that didn't bother me. Since a pink butterfree was worth a lot more. I wish you could have transfered your 2 gen pokes to 3 gen.
  16. Frostt

Frostt

shiny quagsire escaped in safari zone :(
  17. LPFan

LPFan

A shiny Pidgey.
  18. Ratatat

Ratatat

I've only ever encountered shinies while playing on emulators for some reason, with the first being a Rattata in Silver on Route 31 (didn't have any pokeballs...). The only other one I've ever seen was a shiny Hariyama on Victory Road in Sapphire, also on an emulator, which ended up being the first one I caught.

The only shiny I've seen in an honest-to-goodness, non-emulated game was an Oshawott in Black someone traded to me over GTS. My knee-jerk reaction is that it's hacked, but it's only level 15 and has random stats and only natural level-up moves, so I wonder. Someone either wasn't paying attention or they're awfully generous!
  19. TrueSoprano

TrueSoprano

I think it was a shiny Onix in Crystal.

My most recent was a Plusle... sadly, it was in the battle pyramid in Emerald.
  20. Bika

Bika

Shiny Ledyba. Cute orange ladybug :3
  21. Keep Smiling

Keep Smiling

My first shiny was a shiny Pichu, which hatched out of the Odd Egg in Crystal. Ironically enough, I was reading about shiny pokemon at the time.
  22. Jirachinaught

Jirachinaught

I had only gotten one shiney in 15 years, and that was a rattata in Silver. But I have been playing Heartgold, and have gotten two terrible looking pokemon and shinies, Psyduck with a Calm Nature and Goldeen with a Timid. I believe I may have the worst luck in the world with shinies.
  23. Worldtour

Worldtour aka Swamp-Rocket
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

I found a Shiny Zubat in Platium after about 6 years of playing Pokemon. I swear that must have been, like, the 30,000th wild Pokemon I'd ever seen.
  24. -NLMRY-

-NLMRY-

Slowpoke in Leaf Green. I was in the Ice Cave on the Sevii Islands looking for something that I can no longer remember. I evolved it into a Slowking, which is my favorite of that line, and Palparked it to Pearl. I lost it when I restarted :( I did trade over all of my events to HeartGold, just forgot it was there, oh well...
  25. Lapis Lazuli Mew

Lapis Lazuli Mew

[​IMG]Ruby (???; long ago)
    [​IMG]LeafGreen (1st August 2011)
    [​IMG]Crystal (~26 December 2011; found near Red Gyarados lol)

Playing Pokémon since 12th February 2009, for comparison.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)