1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Your first shiny pokemon (except Gyarados in GSC)

Discussion in 'Historical Threads' started by eddylugia, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relic Dusknoir

Relic Dusknoir

Once I saw a shiny Ditto, but I thought since it was blue it was water-type. So I used surf and destroyed it. That was my first but my second that I actually caught was a Electrike.
  2. Ericcc

Ericcc

@above; holy shit I just laughed my literal ass off.
  3. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

I have actually found many shinies, randomly, but the first one was a shiny Gyarados in Pearl. ._.
  4. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

My first other than Gyarados was a Growlithe that I ran into on Route 37 in Gold. I'm so glad it didn't Roar... although looking back on it, I may have just used a cloned Master Ball. ;)

EDIT: I may have gotten a shiny Ditto first from the RBY glitch, but that one doesn't really count.
  5. MonsillyDA

MonsillyDA

Onlg a shiny gastly in pokemon diamond. Never anything else though....
  6. TheMudkip

TheMudkip

Mine was Eevee from VGC10 but my first in game was a Shiny Totodile traded for a Plain Squirtles (I breed them).
  7. LPFan

LPFan

My first shiny was a Pidgey.
  8. NeLLY979

NeLLY979

Zigzagoon, which I got two of :/
    Ah well, I made it up by finding a STUNFISK D:
  9. Tanelorn

Tanelorn

I found a shiny venonat in my Crystal version in the bug catching contest. Now it's a blue Venomoth. If only there's a way to transfer it to Gen V... :(
  10. Ossy

Ossy

Electrode in the team rocket base. It used Self-destruct.
  11. VonDerThWood

VonDerThWood

My first shiny I saw before I caught the red Gyarados. I ended up catching a golden Sparrow on Silver version (or maybe Crystal? Probably Silver).

I've gotten a few shinies personally. I remember failing to catch a shiny Sentret I ran into on Crystal after I had power-leveled my entire team through Red/E4. I literally couldn't touch that level 3 thing and Pokeball after Pokeball failed over and over again. I ran out of balls.

Hopping over to Gen 3, I believe I've seen more shinies than I've actually caught. I saw a shiny Altaria, Spinda, and Luvdisc in Ruby. Never saw shinies in any other of the Gen 3 games I owned (Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen).

However in my Diamond version I caught a shiny Bellsprout. Thought it was cool and decided to place it in my PC to trade later on on the GTS. However, I swear up and down that damn thing reverted itself from golden to normal. I've received a few shinies in trades and GTS trades in Gen 4 too, but I guess those don't count.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)