1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Your first shiny pokemon (except Gyarados in GSC)

Discussion in 'Historical Threads' started by eddylugia, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relic Dusknoir

Relic Dusknoir

Once I saw a shiny Ditto, but I thought since it was blue it was water-type. So I used surf and destroyed it. That was my first but my second that I actually caught was a Electrike.
  2. Ericcc

Ericcc

@above; holy shit I just laughed my literal ass off.
  3. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

I have actually found many shinies, randomly, but the first one was a shiny Gyarados in Pearl. ._.
  4. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

My first other than Gyarados was a Growlithe that I ran into on Route 37 in Gold. I'm so glad it didn't Roar... although looking back on it, I may have just used a cloned Master Ball. ;)

EDIT: I may have gotten a shiny Ditto first from the RBY glitch, but that one doesn't really count.
  5. MonsillyDA

MonsillyDA

Onlg a shiny gastly in pokemon diamond. Never anything else though....
  6. TheMudkip

TheMudkip

Mine was Eevee from VGC10 but my first in game was a Shiny Totodile traded for a Plain Squirtles (I breed them).
  7. LPFan

LPFan

My first shiny was a Pidgey.
  8. NeLLY979

NeLLY979

Zigzagoon, which I got two of :/
    Ah well, I made it up by finding a STUNFISK D:
  9. Tanelorn

Tanelorn

I found a shiny venonat in my Crystal version in the bug catching contest. Now it's a blue Venomoth. If only there's a way to transfer it to Gen V... :(
  10. Ossy

Ossy

Electrode in the team rocket base. It used Self-destruct.
  11. VonDerThWood

VonDerThWood

My first shiny I saw before I caught the red Gyarados. I ended up catching a golden Sparrow on Silver version (or maybe Crystal? Probably Silver).

I've gotten a few shinies personally. I remember failing to catch a shiny Sentret I ran into on Crystal after I had power-leveled my entire team through Red/E4. I literally couldn't touch that level 3 thing and Pokeball after Pokeball failed over and over again. I ran out of balls.

Hopping over to Gen 3, I believe I've seen more shinies than I've actually caught. I saw a shiny Altaria, Spinda, and Luvdisc in Ruby. Never saw shinies in any other of the Gen 3 games I owned (Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen).

However in my Diamond version I caught a shiny Bellsprout. Thought it was cool and decided to place it in my PC to trade later on on the GTS. However, I swear up and down that damn thing reverted itself from golden to normal. I've received a few shinies in trades and GTS trades in Gen 4 too, but I guess those don't count.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)