Your IP is known for abuse and has been locked. If you're using a proxy, don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the message "Your IP is known for abuse and has been locked. If you're using a proxy, don't."
What does this mean?

I get the message "Your IP is known for abuse and has been locked. If you're using a proxy, don't."
What does this mean?
It means we have seen abuse and rule breaking from accounts at your IP, so you have been locked. Using a proxy allows you to get around this so the "don't" part basically means we don't want you back on showdown

It means we have seen abuse and rule breaking from accounts at your IP, so you have been locked. Using a proxy allows you to get around this so the "don't" part basically means we don't want you back on showdown
So I can't use showdown anymore?

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
It appears to be more or less a ban, so yes, the intended purpose would appear to be that you are no longer intended to use the main server on Pokemon Showdown.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
IP bans are used in severe cases. If you're using a proxy, stop using it.

This doesn't necessarily mean you're banned. It means either your IP is dynamic and has landed on a blacklisted IP or that you're using a proxy that you may or may not be aware of. I don't think this will be lifted when the server restarts, so if you are sure you aren't using a proxy, try resetting your router.

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
Not to nitpick, but you do realize that this message is basically saying "We can't actually stop you from coming back if you use a proxy, but pretend we didn't say it"?

Not to nitpick, but you do realize that this message is basically saying "We can't actually stop you from coming back if you use a proxy, but pretend we didn't say it"?
That isn't what the message means. That message is saying that the IP you're currently using is blacklisted as proxy IP and this is used as a method to try and prevent proxies from being used.

BPC

"Silence is the best answer to a stupid question"
It's better you are not using proxy on PS because there many trollers who troll and if you get their ip or they get your ip,it gets permanently banned,for example I have seen many trollers such as PTR,he is permanently banned on PS but he uses proxy to evade it,so please don't use proxy on PS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)