YOUR Mega Item

Somewhat expanding on this, based on the official art, what do you think characters from previous games would have as Key Stones, other than Mega Bracelets?

Mega VS Seeker or Watch? Maybe hat?

Mega Necklace?

Mega VS Seeker as well?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'll look through this thread closely later, but for now I'll put my Mega Item: Mega Pauldron (basically shoulder armor). And to activate it I would slam it like Terra does to activate his Keyblade Armor in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (skip to 25:00). Over the top? Maybe. Awesome? OH HELL YEAH! :D

And on top of that I'd also come up with a chant for each Mega Evolution I do. Anyone who watched Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds would know what I'm talking about, every time a main character summoned their dragon they do a chant. I would do something like that before doing the Mega Evolution. Unnecessary? Sure. Awesome? OH HELL YEAH X2! :D :D

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Mega Cane with the stone being on the top, kind of like how Lucius Malfoy has that bird head in the top of his wand cane. I'd look classy as fuck and it's totally practical for when I get old.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Before I say anything else I think first we should bring up the Mega Items that do exist:

Mega Ring (around the wrist. Calem & Serena. Alain in anime)
Mega Bracelet/Bangle (Brendan & May (outside of Contests))
Mega Cuff (Brendan (during Contests))
Mega Charm (attached to a bracelet. May (during Contests))
Mega Glove (Korrina)
Mega Ring (around the finger. Lysandre)
Mega Charm (attached to a necklace. Diantha)
Mega Stickpin (Steven Stone)
Mega Pendent (Wally)
Mega Anchor (Archie)
Mega Glasses (Maxie)
Mega Tiara (Lisia)
Mega Anklet (Zinnia)
Mega Earring (Astrid in anime)
Mega Umbrella (Remo in anime)
Mega Necktie (Siebold in anime)
Mega Cane (Mabel in anime)

Also so far here's the list of Smogon member's personal Mega Items:

Mega Headphones (Oriolous)
Mega (Poke)Ball (Phione)
Mega Belt/(Belt) Buckle (Codraroll, Antihaxxer (alt))
Mega Knuckle(duster) (Kurona)
Mega Watch (Mulan15262, Icyman28, Millky95, SwampySwampert)
Mega 3DS (CTNC)
Mega Sword (Lucariomaster2)
Mega Pocketwatch (BlubBlobbery)
Mega Glasses (Salemance, Antihaxxer)
Mega Sunglasses (Tehy)
Mega Beanie (Maleovex, Vader_the_White)
Mega Hoodie (Aquasition)
Mega Monocle (Viridi)
Mega Dagger/Knife (Litra)
Mega (False) Eye (Brightobject)
Mega Pauldron (Pikachu315111)
Mega Cane (Karxrida)
Mega Wizard/Witch/Magic Hat (Integer Mova)
Mega Barrette (HelenTheHero)
Mega Megaphone (Arcticblast)
Mega Choker (Yveltal, Litra (alt))
Mega Apollonian Gasket (8-BIT Luster)
Mega Garmin (JTD783)
Mega Mask (SkywardSword596)
Mega Nail File (OneManFreakShow)
Mega Sparkplug (Cyberkirby)

Alternatives/Suggestions:
Mega Key Item/VS Seeker/Go-Goggles/DNA Splicers (Kurona)
Mega V-Neck (T-Shirt Collar) (CTNC)
Mega Tie Clip (Icyman28)
Mega Pokedex (Vader_the_White)
Mega Stylus (Vader_the_White)
Mega Bow/Wand/Staff/Gun (BlubBlobbery)
Mega Badge (Millky95)
Mega Nameplate/Name Tag/Dog Tag (SwampySwampert)
Mega Grenade (Phione)
Mega Chest/Heart (CTNC)
Mega Snag Machine (Kurona)
Mega Bike/Roller Skates (Pikachu315111)
Mega Gauntlet (Pikachu315111)
Mega Shiny Charm (CTNC)
Mega Straw Hat (Integer Mova)
Mega Headband (HelenTheHero)
Mega Instrument/Keytar/(Bass) Guitar/Microphone (BlubBlobbery)
Mega Top Hat (BlubBlobbery)
Mega Yo-Yo (brightobject)
Mega Coin (brightobject)
Mega Helm (SkywardSword596)
Mega Swordstick/Cane Sword (Vader_the_White)

Jokes:
Mega (High) Heels (CTNC)
Mega Underwear (CTNC)
Mega SS Ticket/Helix Fossil (CTNC)
Mega Bra (BlubBlobbery)
Mega Bikini (Pikachu315111)
Mega Silly Putty (HelenTheHero)

Maybe we can add them to the first post? I know this is for fun though if this thread starts getting long people may start repeating which, while not a a bad thing since its personal taste, for those who just want to see the Mega items thought up they have a single place to do so.

I'll make these comments as quick as I can:

Overall: For them most part all these Mega Items sound cool, some I want to specifically respond to:

Phione:
Mega Ball:
The Mega Ball idea reminds me of the Gen IV Ball Capsules. Would be a neat idea to do if they do Gen IV remakes.
Mega Grenade:
And that kind of remind me in Power Rangers how Lord Zedd grew his monsters: he threw a grenade at them :P Though I don't know how it would work, maybe the pin of the grenade has the Key Stone and when you throw it it fills the shell with the Mega energy which you then throw at your Pokemon? I'll assume the shell is collapsible and easily put back together (after all it's not being blown up, just opening up to release the Mega energy), otherwise it may get expensive.

Kurona:
Mega Punch:
Huh, I never knew in the UK they were called Knuckledusters, in the US we call them Brass Knuckles. Also I thin it'll probably depend on the Pokemon you're punching (who do you think you are, Marcus Damon from Digimon Data Squad? :P) whether it'll hurt them or not... OR maybe the kinetic energy from the punch is also turned into Mega energy, thus your Pokemon doesn't get hurt but rather feels where you punch it is where the Mega energy is flowing into it.
Mega Key:
Also interesting idea about the Key Item, wouldn't mind placing my Mega Stone on my Pokedex, the PokeGear item of that gen, etc.. Ooh, Mega Bike/Roller Skates!
Mega Snag:
After I wrote out my idea the Snag Machine did come to mind which is why I included the Kingdom Hearts bit to get what I was saying. Also the Snag Machine is part gauntlet and while cool I specifically wanted just the shoulder armor part.

Mulan15262: Reading through this thread seems like there's two camps: those who want a Mega Item they can also use for practical purposes and ones who want a Mega Item that just looks awesome. Though now thinking about it, there's not much middle ground between the two.

CTNC: So would the Key Stone be in the middle of the V-Neck?

lucariomaster2: It would enter into the great cries of time: Clobbering Time, Hammer Time, Tool Time, Reyn Time, and now Mega Evolution Time.

Oriolous:
Key Stone Activation:
I think the Key Stone would activate when you want it to activate. Like touching it won't activate it, you wanting to activate it when touching it would activate it. Otherwise you'd be accidentally Mega Evolving your Pokemon all the time (as hilarious that may sound). It makes sense since the trainer is using the energy created from the bond with their Pokemon so I imagine that must mean the trainer is putting forth energy through the Key Stone as their Pokemon is doing the same through their Mega Stone.
Key Stone Mass:
I don't think a Key Stone is that dense, you can probably embed it in any clothing and it'll look it won't cause any discomfort. At most I would say it may feel uncomfortable if you lean on it, but that can be easily resolved by putting it somewhere where you won't normally need to lean on it and if you do you can stop.

SwampySwampert: When you say nameplate do you mean like one you put up on a wall or do you mean something like a name tag someone in the military would wear (like Dog Tags?).

Maleovex: Actually you still need a Key Stone to Mega Evolve Rayquaza, your prayers have to be channeled through something.

Litra: Someone questioning the trainer's action in a Pokemon Battle? Have you seen some trainers? I think they'd probably just consider you a bit eccentric or over-prepared that you have the Key Stone attached to a blade. Though in Pokemon Contests you can have the Mega Choker be your Mega Item since people would probably question it then.

brightobject: Well I suppose that's an option for those who have lost an eye. Problem is you need to lose an eye first. :P

Millky95: Hmm, well if we're giving them personal items instead of the Ring/Bracelet/Bangle/Whatever Mega Item that goes around the wrist I'd give Red a Mega Cap, Blue a Mega Pendent (he wears one around his neck in HGSS), and Leaf a Mega Panama (Hat, I think that's what she's wearing). Though I guess a Mega VS Seeker would work too for Red & Leaf since that's their "Gear" item. Though now that make me want to give every important character a Mega Item of their own...

Last edited:
Kurona:
Mega Punch:
Huh, I never knew in the UK they were called Knuckledusters, in the US we call them Brass Knuckles. Also I thin it'll probably depend on the Pokemon you're punching (who do you think you are, Marcus Damon from Digimon Data Squad? :P) whether it'll hurt them or not... OR maybe the kinetic energy from the punch is also turned into Mega energy, thus your Pokemon doesn't get hurt but rather feels where you punch it is where the Mega energy is flowing into it.
Mega Key:
Also interesting idea about the Key Item, wouldn't mind placing my Mega Stone on my Pokedex, the PokeGear item of that gen, etc.. Ooh, Mega Bike/Roller Skates!
Mega Snag:
After I wrote out my idea the Snag Machine did come to mind which is why I included the Kingdom Hearts bit to get what I was saying. Also the Snag Machine is part gauntlet and while cool I specifically wanted just the shoulder armor part.
Who the hell do I think I am?!

Mega Roller Skates sounds really hilarious if incredibly inconvenient - I STILL struggle to see how Zinnia mega evolved her Salamence without looking ridiculous - and honestly I kind of wish Korrina had it now. But yeah I just feel like if Game Freak are ever going to allow any customization on where the Keystone should go, Key Items just sound like the best non-arbitrary options without any fuss. They're shared between genders, everyone gets them as required items, they're not tossable, they're all pretty unique so you get a nice collection... heck, it could be an extra encouragement to go get those DNA splicers and whatnot. ... weird as it'd be to use THOSE as your Mega item.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
It would be weird to have it anywhere else. Also, I do not think that there's going to be a more mundane idea in this thread than the Mega V-Neck T-Shirt Collar unless someone tries. I feel boring thinking that it would suit me IRL. :P

Edit: Mega-Head Band is more mundane!
Mega Roller Skates sounds really hilarious if incredibly inconvenient - I STILL struggle to see how Zinnia mega evolved her Salamence without looking ridiculous - and honestly I kind of wish Korrina had it now. But yeah I just feel like if Game Freak are ever going to allow any customization on where the Keystone should go, Key Items just sound like the best non-arbitrary options without any fuss. They're shared between genders, everyone gets them as required items, they're not tossable, they're all pretty unique so you get a nice collection... heck, it could be an extra encouragement to go get those DNA splicers and whatnot. ... weird as it'd be to use THOSE as your Mega item.
I can think of even less convenient ideas. Mega High-Heals with the key stone is in the spike thing. It would only work for fashion obsessed flexible people or guys that want to look bad, and even then, there's better options.
A more socially awkward route would be Mega-Underwear, especially if the Keystone was on the inside of the underwear. Even Captain Underpants would stay away from that one! (or at least I hope so...)

As for Mega Key Items, the most used one is the one that comes to mind first. Mega-Bike Anyone? For Twitch Plays Pokemon fans, how about a Mega-S.S. Ticket or a Mega-Helix Fossil? (I know Fossils aren't Key Items anymore, but still) Although there are plenty more of hilariously bad options, there are some great options in there too like a Mega-Shiny Charm.

In other posts, I was trying for realistic or good ideas. With this post... not so much. :P

Last edited:
I'd just try to stick with a simple Mega Ring or Bracelet. If I have to use something else, I would probably use a Mega Straw Hat, with the Key Stone being attached to the red-colored stripe.

Tried to think of something realistic, but that's the best I can come up with.

As for Mega Key Items, the most used one is the one that comes to mind first. Mega-Bike Anyone? For Twitch Plays Pokemon fans, how about a Mega-S.S. Ticket or a Mega-Helix Fossil? (I know Fossils aren't Key Items anymore, but still) Although there are plenty more of hilariously bad options, there are some great options in there too like a Mega-Shiny Charm.
I feel like if the Mega Helix Fossil was a thing, it should only be able to Mega Evolve Pidgeot.

I would want a Mega Silly-Putty... yeah. I love just messing with it when I'm doing whatever, and with a Mega Silly-Putty the stone would be embedded inside, or actually be a soft form of it, which you squeeze to activate! Or a Mega Headband, because why not.

A more socially awkward route would be Mega-Underwear, especially if the Keystone was on the inside of the underwear. Even Captain Underpants would stay away from that one! (or at least I hope so...)
Mega-Bra. Keystone in the middle.
mega sunglasses ezpz
"looks like you just got...mega evolved. (puts on shades)."
The victim was found with a Mega-Pin piercing his right eye. Looks like this case just... Mega-Evolved. -puts on sunglasses- [The Who: YEAAAAAAAHHH]

(also, yes, it took me 3 days to come up with this lame joke OTL)

Another idea I got is a music instrument with a Keystone in it, functioning as a Mega Item. Unfortunately a piano would be a bit too difficult to carry around, but how about a Mega-Bass-Guitar? And though I like vocal improvisation, microphones are often so cliché, so I personally wouldn't want it to be the thing to represent me. Unless it would be a super fancy one like this:

I won't choose it over a Mega-Pocketwatch (because love), but if I could have multiple player characters (with only the Pocketwatch one representing me), with different Mega items, this would be great (I'd use the superfancymicrophone for my Omega Ruby Guitarist OC called Ludwig).

And I think I don't like my idea of a Mega-Wand anymore. If it were to be something magical, I'd prefer a staff (one like Gandalf has), but even that feels a bit unfitting for the Pokemon World to me (because the Psychic trainer class only uses their minds)...

Before I say anything else I think first we should bring up the Mega Items that do exist:

Mega Ring (around the wrist. Calem & Serena. Alain in anime)
Mega Bracelet/Bangle (Brendan & May (outside of Contests))
Mega Cuff (Brendan (during Contests))
Mega Charm (attached to a bracelet. May (during Contests))
Mega Glove (Korrina)
Mega Ring (around the finger. Lysandre)
Mega Charm (attached to a necklace. Diantha)
Mega Stickpin (Steven Stone)
Mega Pendent (Wally)
Mega Anchor (Archie)
Mega Glasses (Maxie)
Mega Tiara (Lisia)
Mega Anklet (Zinnia)
Mega Earring (Astrid in anime)
Mega Umbrella (Remo in anime)
Mega Necktie (Siebold in anime)
Mega Cane (Mabel in anime)

Also so far here's the list of Smogon member's personal Mega Items:

Mega Headphones (Oriolous)
Mega (Poke)Ball (Phione)
Mega Belt/(Belt) Buckle (Codraroll, Antihaxxer (alt))
Mega Knuckle(duster) (Kurona)
Mega Watch (Mulan15262, Icyman28, Millky95, SwampySwampert)
Mega 3DS (CTNC)
Mega Sword (Lucariomaster2)
Mega Swordstick/Cane Sword (Vader_the_White)
Mega Pocketwatch (BlubBlobbery)
Mega Glasses (Salemance, Antihaxxer)
Mega Sunglasses (Tehy)
Mega Beanie (Maleovex)
Mega Hoodie (Aquasition)
Mega Monocle (Viridi)
Mega Dagger/Knife (Litra)
Mega (False) Eye (Brightobject)
Mega Pauldron (Pikachu315111)
Mega Cane (Karxrida)

Alternatives/Suggestions:
Mega Key Item/VS Seeker/Go-Goggles (Kurona)
Mega V-Neck (T-Shirt Collar) (CTNC)
Mega Tie Clip (Icyman28)
Mega Pokedex (Vader_the_White)
Mega Stylus (Vader_the_White)
Mega Bow/Wand/Gun (BlubBlobbery)
Mega Badge (Millky95)
Mega Nameplate/Name Tag/Dog Tag (SwampySwampert)
Mega Grenade (Phione)
Mega Choker (Litra)
Mega Chest/Heart (CTNC)
Mega Snag Machine (Kurona)
Mega Bike/Roller Skates (Pikachu315111)
Mega Gauntlet (Pikachu315111)

Maybe we can add them to the first post? I know this is for fun though if this thread starts getting long people may start repeating which, while not a a bad thing since its personal taste, for those who just want to see the Mega items thought up they have a single place to do so.

I'll make these comments as quick as I can:

Overall: For them most part all these Mega Items sound cool, some I want to specifically respond to:

Phione:
Mega Ball:
The Mega Ball idea reminds me of the Gen IV Ball Capsules. Would be a neat idea to do if they do Gen IV remakes.
Mega Grenade:
And that kind of remind me in Power Rangers how Lord Zedd grew his monsters: he threw a grenade at them :P Though I don't know how it would work, maybe the pin of the grenade has the Key Stone and when you throw it it fills the shell with the Mega energy which you then throw at your Pokemon? I'll assume the shell is collapsible and easily put back together (after all it's not being blown up, just opening up to release the Mega energy), otherwise it may get expensive.

Kurona:
Mega Punch:
Mega Key:
Mega Snag:

Mulan15262: Reading through this thread seems like there's two camps: those who want a Mega Item they can also use for practical purposes and ones who want a Mega Item that just looks awesome. Though now thinking about it, there's not much middle ground between the two.

lucariomaster2: It would enter into the great cries of time: Clobbering Time, Hammer Time, Tool Time, Reyn Time, and now Mega Evolution Time.

Oriolous:
Key Stone Activation:
I think the Key Stone would activate when you want it to activate. Like touching it won't activate it, you wanting to activate it when touching it would activate it. Otherwise you'd be accidentally Mega Evolving your Pokemon all the time (as hilarious that may sound). It makes sense since the trainer is using the energy created from the bond with their Pokemon so I imagine that must mean the trainer is putting forth energy through the Key Stone as their Pokemon is doing the same through their Mega Stone.
Key Stone Mass:
I don't think a Key Stone is that dense, you can probably embed it in any clothing and it'll look it won't cause any discomfort. At most I would say it may feel uncomfortable if you lean on it, but that can be easily resolved by putting it somewhere where you won't normally need to lean on it and if you do you can stop.

SwampySwampert: When you say nameplate do you mean like one you put up on a wall or do you mean something like a name tag someone in the military would wear (like Dog Tags?).

Maleovex: Actually you still need a Key Stone to Mega Evolve Rayquaza, your prayers have to be channeled through something.

Litra: Someone questioning the trainer's action in a Pokemon Battle? Have you seen some trainers? I think they'd probably just consider you a bit eccentric or over-prepared that you have the Key Stone attached to a blade. Though in Pokemon Contests you can have the Mega Choker be your Mega Item since people would probably question it then.

brightobject: Well I suppose that's an option for those who have lost an eye. Problem is you need to lose an eye first. :P

Millky95: Hmm, well if we're giving them personal items instead of the Ring/Bracelet/Bangle/Whatever Mega Item that goes around the wrist I'd give Red a Mega Cap, Blue a Mega Pendent (he wears one around his neck in HGSS), and Leaf a Mega Panama (Hat, I think that's what she's wearing). Though I guess a Mega VS Seeker would work too for Red & Leaf since that's their "Gear" item. Though now that make me want to give every important character a Mega Item of their own...
I'll start an archive in the first post when I have more time. Work and school, ya know?

CTNC

I'll start an archive in the first post when I have more time. Work and school, ya know?
It may be a good idea to put my purposely bad ideas on a different list than the legit ideas if you list them at all. If you're considering putting the Mega-"That Which I Never Wanted to be Mentioned" in the main post, please, just don't. I will bribe you with Pokemon if I have to.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Kurona:
Drill Punch:
Or Kamina I guess that works too, though he'd probably prefer a drill. A Mega Drill?
Mega Evolve This Way:
Well if you're wearing Mega Roller Skates you're already showing off so my guess is that when they decide to Mega Evolve they do a flipping trick where in midair and upside down they activate the Key Stone. Also considering how Zinnia acts in battle I don't think activating her Key Stone is much of a problem.

As for Mega DNA Splicers, maybe you need to do that in order to Mega Evolve Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. ;P

CTNC:
Mega Mundane:
I don't know, Mega Headband doesn't sound that mundane. Not everyone wears headbands and they could have the headband have a cool design. And you can have any Mega Item look cool by having the Key Stone placed so that it makes things look asymmetrical.
Mega Unmentionable:
Is it odd that I can sort of see Lady Gaga Elesa wearing Mega High Heels? Anyway Mega Underwear, yeah I don't think that'll work. How would that work? I think you need to physically touch the Key Stone and if you stick your hand down your pants it'll look like you're, well, yeah... AND then I realized how the mega energy releasing would look like. If you'll excuse me I got to drink a bottle of brain bleach...
What Are Real & What Are Jokes:
Too bad, Mega Underwear is on the list. MUAWHAHAHA! Well, actually sorta. I took your advice and made a "Joke" list. :P

HelenTheHero: Not sure if you're serious about the Silly Putty... going to assume you are and place that as your main.

BlubBlobbery:
Mega Unmentionable 2: Mega Boogaloo:
Hmm, how about instead of a Mega Bra have a Mega Bikini! Like you're battling a female Swimmer (GF, let your artists out once in a while, I think they're getting kinda lonely):

Anyway imagine it. You're battling her and she starts acting coy with you. She then reaches for the middle of her bikini bra and you think things are about to get steamy... until you then realized she has a Key Stone in them middle of her bra! She then Mega Evolves her Gyarados to Mega Gyarados and starts sweeping your team. CURSE YOU YOU VOLUPTUOUS VIXEN!
Mind Over Mega Item:
A Psychic wouldn't need a Mega Item as they would just be having their Key Stone orbiting around them with their psychic powers. A Mega Orbit if you will.

Oriolous: Okay, I'll just keep updating my list in the mean time. :)

Last edited:

CTNC

CTNC:
Mega Mundane:
I don't know, Mega Headband doesn't sound that mundane. Not everyone wears headbands and they could have the headband have a cool design. And you can have any Mega Item look cool by having the Key Stone placed so that it makes things look asymmetrical.
Mega Unmentionable:
Is it odd that I can sort of see Lady Gaga Elesa wearing Mega High Heels? Anyway Mega Underwear, yeah I don't think that'll work. How would that work? I think you need to physically touch the Key Stone and if you stick your hand down your pants it'll look like you're, well, yeah... AND then I realized how the mega energy releasing would look like. If you'll excuse me I got to drink a bottle of brain bleach...
What Are Real & What Are Jokes:
Too bad, Mega Underwear is on the list. MUAWHAHAHA! Well, actually sorta. I took your advice and made a "Joke" list. :P\
You have a valid point about the Mega-Headband, but a plain one does seem like it would come close with mundaneness.

When I said the Mega-Unmentionable, I meant the thing I replied with, "This is exactly what I hoped no one would say." I'm okay with my Mega-Joke items being listed. At this point I'm just glad no one mentioned a Mega-Bikini...
BlubBlobbery:
Mega Unmentionable 2: Mega Boogaloo:
Hmm, how about instead of a Mega Bra have a Mega Bikini! Like you're battling a female Swimmer (GF, let your artists out once in a while, I think they're getting kinda lonely):
On second thought, I hate you... X(

Anyway Mega Underwear, yeah I don't think that'll work. How would that work? I think you need to physically touch the Key Stone and if you stick your hand down your pants it'll look like you're, well, yeah... AND then I realized how the mega energy releasing would look like. If you'll excuse me I got to drink a bottle of brain bleach...
For bras you could just be a total badass, rip off the rest of your top half clothing and slam your fist on your chest.
I think I want that to be mine now. Can it be mine CTNC

CTNC

For bras you could just be a total badass, rip off the rest of your top half clothing and slam your fist on your chest.
I think I want that to be mine now. Can it be mine
You have issues... o_0

BlubBlobbery is the one that mentioned it first. Please leave me out of this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)