Your most anticipated games for the rest of the year/2015 ?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is another obligatory "most anticipated games" thread, but for the remaining of the year (a bit of Q3 and Q4) and 2015.

Personally, here are mine:

The Witcher 3 (release date 24/2/2015)

I'm a massive fan of the witcher series/universe, and The Witcher 3 is just simply all I ever wanted from a witcher game. The Witcher 2 is in my top 3 games of all time (along with OoT and Dark Souls) and I'm confident that The Witcher 3 will take its place, from what I've seen and heard from the developers--CD Project Red-- which I consider to be the best game developing studio right now. Fucking excited for the game and I've been waiting on it ever since I played the witcher 2 in 2012.

Batman: Arkham Knight

I loved the the Arkham series, and I'm genuinely excited for this too seeing as I'm also a huge Batman game. It's also a good thing that Rocksteady is giving us this after the somewhat disappointing-although-still-good Arkham Origins.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

I'm also a big fan of the LOTR universe (rofl) and this game just seems like a dream come true and I'm REALLY hoping that it doesn't disappoint. It just looks fucking amazing. Open world with the LOTR setting, badass gameplay mechanics, etc etc. Very excited for this and hoping that it delivers.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

two words: HOENN. REMAKE.

more than two words: Sapphire was my first ever Pokemon game and I fucking loved it to death. Sadly, I never beat Steven, and this time I'll finally have a second chance, and the 8 year old me will finally get revenge.

Bloodborne

The exclusive that's going to sell me the PS4. Dark Souls, as I stated earlier in this thread, is one of my top games of all time and I fucking loved it. Sadly, Dark Souls 2 wasn't as good although still excellent, and it was because Miyazaki -the director of DS1- and most of the people who worked on DS1 were working on Bloodborne instead of DS2. Fucking hype.

Honourable mentions: Zelda WiiU, FExSMT for WiiU, Uncharted 4.

There are probably a bunch others I'm forgetting, so maybe I'll post them here when I remember.

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
This is another obligatory "most anticipated games" thread, but for the remaining of the year (a bit of Q3 and Q4) and 2015.

Personally, here are mine:

The Witcher 3 (release date 24/2/2015)

I'm a massive fan of the witcher series/universe, and The Witcher 3 is just simply all I ever wanted from a witcher game. The Witcher 2 is in my top 3 games of all time (along with OoT and Dark Souls) and I'm confident that The Witcher 3 will take its place, from what I've seen and heard from the developers--CD Project Red-- which I consider to be the best game developing studio right now. Fucking excited for the game and I've been waiting on it ever since I played the witcher 2 in 2012.

Batman: Arkham Knight

I loved the the Arkham series, and I'm genuinely excited for this too seeing as I'm also a huge Batman game. It's also a good thing that Rocksteady is giving us this after the somewhat disappointing-although-still-good Arkham Origins.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

I'm also a big fan of the LOTR universe (rofl) and this game just seems like a dream come true and I'm REALLY hoping that it doesn't disappoint. It just looks fucking amazing. Open world with the LOTR setting, badass gameplay mechanics, etc etc. Very excited for this and hoping that it delivers.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

two words: HOENN. REMAKE.

more than two words: Sapphire was my first ever Pokemon game and I fucking loved it to death. Sadly, I never beat Steven, and this time I'll finally have a second chance, and the 8 year old me will finally get revenge.

Bloodborne

The exclusive that's going to sell me the PS4. Dark Souls, as I stated earlier in this thread, is one of my top games of all time and I fucking loved it. Sadly, Dark Souls 2 wasn't as good although still excellent, and it was because Miyazaki -the director of DS1- and most of the people who worked on DS1 were working on Bloodborne instead of DS2. Fucking hype.

Honourable mentions: Zelda WiiU, FExSMT for WiiU, Uncharted 4.

There are probably a bunch others I'm forgetting, so maybe I'll post them here when I remember.
Pretty much my line up aside from Uncharted, I hate Uncharted...

Also, Let's not forget Destiny. I've always been a huge Bungie fan, so I am beyond excited for Destiny.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Oh I actually forgot Splatoon! I watch the trailer like every day and fucking SQUEEEEE over the game.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I've been feeling the hype for some time. Borderlands is one of my absolute favorite series, and the amount of new mechanics TPS is promising look fantastic. Borderlands is almost impossible to mess up, and from some speculation that people have been doing a lot of things that were wrong with BL2 (poor good gun variety, linear superior build choices) are being fixed.

Disappointingly I'm really not excited for anything in 2014 or early 2015 -- The Witcher 2 managed to kill all the excitement I had about that series that the original built up, Hyrule Warriors would interest me if I had a Wii U -- but damned if I'll buy one for the few games it has. I suppose Far Cry 4 and Civilization: Beyond Earth are at least intriguing enough that I'm keeping some kind of tabs on where they are, though I can't see Far Cry 4 being more than a pale imitation of Far Cry 3.

ORAS, Borderlands Pre-Sequel, and Smash Bros for me. Would've added Destiny, but there's no PC release yet :(

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
I'm Excited for GTA V Heist. Hopefully they'll be here before 2016. I mean, we've waited a year for the content that was supposed to be in the game at launch, so it's great that they sold us a product through false advertisement and a year later are still " working on heist ". Thanks Rockstar, for being great. 10/10 would waifu.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Disappointingly I'm really not excited for anything in 2014 or early 2015 -- The Witcher 2 managed to kill all the excitement I had about that series that the original built up, Hyrule Warriors would interest me if I had a Wii U -- but damned if I'll buy one for the few games it has.
The Wii U's library isn't exactly vacant. NSMBU (and Luigi U), 3D World, Pikmin 3, DKC TF, MK8, and W101 are already released for it. Before the end of the year you can add Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad, and SSB4. It's not the biggest library, but 10 top-quality games is worth buying a console for imo (i have like 20-some wii games over that console's entire lifespan). Hyrule Warriors is what sold me the Wii U but i haven't been at all disappointed with what I've been playing until it comes out.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
hyrule warriors combines something awesome (dynasty warriors) with something ok (zelda) and i couldnt be more hype

The Wii U's library isn't exactly vacant. NSMBU (and Luigi U), 3D World, Pikmin 3, DKC TF, MK8, and W101 are already released for it. Before the end of the year you can add Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad, and SSB4. It's not the biggest library, but 10 top-quality games is worth buying a console for imo (i have like 20-some wii games over that console's entire lifespan). Hyrule Warriors is what sold me the Wii U but i haven't been at all disappointed with what I've been playing until it comes out.
To some extent you're correct, the problem is I don't see substantial upgrades on most of the earlier iterations of many of those franchises (and as someone who has played quite a bit of RTS on PC, trying to play Pikmin or any other RTS with a gamepad sounds like a special kind of hell). It's not so much that the library is vacant as the library doesn't offer much to someone who

1. Has played most of the Nintendo franchises for a couple of iterations already.
2. Doesn't particularly want to fork out on a new console to repeat the experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)