Your Pre-Competitive "Strategy"

I taught my Monferno Rock Smash to beat Oreburgh Gym. I just thought "Hey, this move is called Rock Smash! It must absolutely wreck Rock-types!" I would say I was just a kid...but I was 16. *hangs head in shame*
Well, she did wreck that gym with Rock Smash, so that was an happy accident.

If you'll excuse me, I have a thread to win.

I had 2 GBAs and emerald and saffire and FRLG, and I soft reset my saphire A LOT, so by the time I had DP I had like 2/3 kyoagres as Hm slaves not knowing that it was the blue whale of the OUaccalypse (at least according to what I've read from the smog) oh yeah, and I sort of accidentally kod groudon in emerald and it never came back no matter how many times I beat the E4. ):

Let's see what I did that was stupid in the other games.

FRLG I had a charizard and a pigeot with exp share...that I used to beat the E4 with...the other pokemon in my party were under leveled HM slaves that I used as one turn sacrifices so I could revive said pigeot and charizard....This did not work in the battle tower.

I did this in emerald, but with septile.....which was lvl 100 and had false swipe for catching trade fodder for my saphire game to transfer the good pokemon I had on that game.

Pearl (which months and months later I hacked to hell such as getting stupidly hard to get legendaries)
Empoleon and some other stuff, one of which I think was a shiny bronzor that I caught in the cave right outside of the grass gym, by the biking path thing.
I think I wow, I actually do not remember having the shit beaten out of me by volkner, because I probably did something somehow because uhhhh.....IRL DEUS EX MACHINA!

I know that there was some other horrible stuff, but I know by the time X&Y came out I had been reading the smog enough to know my shit.

Oh and for X this is what I did all before the second gym (which was surprisingly late in the game) and remember I was crazy enough to get them to like level 50+ before I even entered the team flare glow cave.

Chestnaught name OUCH!! (I'm a smartass that acts like a twelve year old, lol)
Grass move boosting item seed thingy
Moves
uhhh
stuff???

Charizard @ crackers?
Moves
*insert things here*

Doublade lvl 57 or so (I didn't know about the super training method until much later because serebii kept saying oh the desert area the desert area, uber late in the game!)
moves
shadow claw
iron head... I think
slash
shadow sneak? or something else, that was actually decent.

salamence
fire fang,
fly
other things

water monkey

water moves

hm moves

ice beam

talonflame

fire moves

razor wind

Oh and for X this is what I did all before the second gym (which was surprisingly late in the game) and remember I was crazy enough to get them to like level 50+ before I even entered the team flare glow cave.
That's nothing. I traded some excess Yu-Gi-Oh cards to get a used copy of Diamond between the release of Platinum and HeartGold SoulSilver. After trading everything of value off of it (including things like Deoxys, Kyogre, and every Unown form I didn't own, which means I still have a box in Platinum dedicated to all 28 of my Unown), I resetted the game...and never beat that file. Years later, I got the idea to make an Uber Sandstorm team in Gen V (screw you Rain, Sandstorm is the cooler weather!), and I needed a Dialga and a Heatran (the irony is that I got a Shiny Dialga with Aura Sphere and the exact nature I needed from an event and Heatran is now availble in Black 2 and White 2, so all the work I'm about to mention was for naught). So I restarted Diamond and picked Chimchar. Now, here's where it gets silly: I traded a bunch of eggs of Pokémon I wanted to use (I think it was Feraligatr, Torterra, and Dragonite), hatched them, traded them, Chimchar, Shinx, and Starly over to SoulSilver. I then grinded them all into the 40s and traded them back to Diamond. Note: I was still in Sandgem Town at this point. My team of absolute badasses then proceded to curbstomp all opponents in my wake...until I had to stop Team Galactic on Mt. Coronet. Even with the experience I had gained from seven gym badges and most of a region, I actually managed to catch up level-wise. And then I realized how freaking difficult Diamond and Pearl is. I did beat it, it just took me forever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)