XY Ubers Your team dont have to be unique

Hello everyone, this is my 1st RMT so i might make some mistakes. If you see one dont hestitate and tell me so i can fix it :]

Team Preview

I think this team works very well as it's pretty ballanced with minimum flaws. The team checks 90% of all things that are commonly used in Ubers so without further ado here it is.

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit/Thunder-Wave​

My first choice and the pokemon i wanted to start with was godzilla itself - Tyranitar. Tyranitar is a great lead. With 134 attack it can bring many common leads down to their sash and sand damage can just finish them. It can also scout which set is the oposing Groudon (fast attacker or bulky) with its ability and 252+ speed (weather change). I also chose 252+ speed to outspeed no speed investment base 100. 252 attack to maximize attack. Stealth rock is there to punish things like Ho-oh or Talonflame. Stone Edge is its most powerful stab but with shaky accuracy, hits stuff like Scolipede or Lugia. Crunch as secondary stab with perfect accuracy and hits ghost types like Gengar. Last move is more of a filler. Pursuit to ensure KO or T-wave to criple things like Kyogre or Xerneas thats geomanc-ing.

Aegislash @ Iron Ball
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Toxic​

The 2nd member is Aegislash. Aegislash is on my team because all teams need a way how to deal with xerneas which sets up for free versus tyranitar and aegislash is the perfect counter. With 60+ attack and iron ball you can most of the time OHKO neutral Xerneas and if not, you can always finish it off with shadow sneak. It's also a great check to Mega Mewtwo-y and other special attackers as with its great bulk and 252/196 investment, it can live 1 or 2 super effective hits at full and retaliate back with Gyro ball. The last 2 moves are king's shield and toxic to wear down annoying stuff like Lugia.

60+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Gyro Ball (104 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 384-452 (84.2 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
60+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 75-88 (16.4 - 19.2%) -- possible 6HKO

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball​

The next choice is Giratina-Origin as i needed a defoger and a statuser. I chose Giratina-O instead of the regular form because of Levitate which gives immunity to ground types move. It also helps giratina to take minimum damage when switching in and that makes it such a great defoger. Will-O-Wisp is also a great move. It helps keeping physical attackers in check (for example Groundon, mega Mawile, Arceus) and with max spD, it can take hits on both sides. Aura sphere and Shadow ball have perfect coverage and are there to finish off low health oponents or to guarantee KOs from its team mates. This is my main counter Mega Kangaskhan or (mega) Blaziken and it's also a check to e-killer.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 28 Spe
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Geomancy​

Here we have, one of the most dangerous set up sweepers, Xerneas. With this "monster" on my team i can glue together the previous 3 pokemons as they're pretty weak to dark/fighting combination (darkrai or yveltal etc). Xerneas can just set up with geomancy and if its checks/counters are gone, it can just sweep the rest. Moonblast is the move that you want to spam. Psyshock is there to hits pink blobs (Chansey/Blissey) or mega Gengar with Destiny Bond. HP fire is very crucial because if you predict Aegislash or Scizor comming in correctly, it can win you the game. 252 hp is to add some bulk, 252+ special attack to hit as hard as possible and 28 speed IVs instead of 0 (to take minimum damage from gyro ball - aegislash) to outspeed scarf kyogre.

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake​

My 5th pokemon to choose was Arceus as i needed some good priority user. This Arceus isn't very special as it's just a regular e-killer. Extreme speed as main attack, SD to boost its attack sky high and shadow claw to hit all those annoying ghost types in Ubers. The last move to choose was kinda hard to choose but i went with earthquake (it was refresh before) as specs Dialga is a threat to this team and i needed something that comes close to KO-ing it (+2 OHKOs it). 44 HP to survive a Draco Meteor from specs Dialga, 252+ attack to maximize attack stat and 212 speed to outspeed Genesect or Rayquaza.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 331-391 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Arceus Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dialga: 386-456 (113.1 - 133.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast​

The last member i chose was palkia as a scarf kyogre could just punch a hole into my team. Palkia is also a great scarfer as it can outspeed scarf kyogre and kill it with thunder. Spacial Rend is the move that you want to spam as hydro pump has "only" 80% acc. The last move is Fire blast, it helps to take down things like ferrothorn or hitting groudon "right in the feels". 252 SpA makes it hit harder and 252+ speed allows it to outspeed many scarfers including rayquaza or genesect by 1 base.

All in all, this team isnt really unique but it does its job and in the right hand i believe it can get on top.

Aegislash @ Iron Ball
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Toxic

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 28 Spe
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Geomancy

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey duch xd,

It's alright as a team- a LOT of sub-optimal sets that are not very good in the current metagame. In fact, I think literally every mon on the team has some sort of strange or outright bad item, spread, or move. I'll have to hit this pretty hard later on. However, looking at the team itself, it's pretty solid. I don't really like the way GeoXern+Ekiller in addition to a much more defensive structure though. The team has a few weaknesses, notably Zekrom and Palkia give you significant trouble, as you really have no answer to either (Geomancy Xerneas is a really insufficient check for both of them, or either of them for that matter). You are also a bit stall weak.

Regarding major changes, here's what I suggest. I think you could run Grassceus instead of Ekiller for an Arceus forme. This lets you check Zekrom and Palkia much better, as well as checking Kyogre for you. Since you have a different Kyogre check, it frees up a slot where Palkia was, so you could replace that with whatever you want really. Probably something that breaks stall as you are a bit weak to it I guess, like Stalltwo or whatever you want. You could also run Scarf Xerneas to replace your scarfer if you still want one- it can also run Aromatherapy for burns and whatever other status annoys your team.

Optimization is the biggest problem though. I wrote a really long paragraph here and it got deleted TWICE so I'm a bit demoralized, bear with me. Ttar needs max max spdef with pursuit and lefties or something, focus sash is superfluous as it's bulky enough to survive most hits, especially in sand. Aegi should run max HP, 88 Atk, rest in spdef with a sassy nature, iron ball is not good, aegi needs its passive recovery in lefties. Gira-O runs 252 Atk / 248 Def / 8 Spd, basically its main targets like groudon and ekiller are physical. Sneak and Dtail > your attacks. Xern runs 104 HP / 28 Def / 252+ SAtk / 124 Spd as you want to be kinda fast, not slow. Ekiller runs Jolly LO to outspeed Gengar. Scarf Palkia is just not very good, I don't recommend it. Lustrous Orb is a lot better with Twave > Thunder.

I apologize for declining quality of last para I just got sick of rewriting it.

Good luck!

Hey duch xd,

It's alright as a team- a LOT of sub-optimal sets that are not very good in the current metagame. In fact, I think literally every mon on the team has some sort of strange or outright bad item, spread, or move. I'll have to hit this pretty hard later on. However, looking at the team itself, it's pretty solid. I don't really like the way GeoXern+Ekiller in addition to a much more defensive structure though. The team has a few weaknesses, notably Zekrom and Palkia give you significant trouble, as you really have no answer to either (Geomancy Xerneas is a really insufficient check for both of them, or either of them for that matter). You are also a bit stall weak.

Regarding major changes, here's what I suggest. I think you could run Grassceus instead of Ekiller for an Arceus forme. This lets you check Zekrom and Palkia much better, as well as checking Kyogre for you. Since you have a different Kyogre check, it frees up a slot where Palkia was, so you could replace that with whatever you want really. Probably something that breaks stall as you are a bit weak to it I guess, like Stalltwo or whatever you want. You could also run Scarf Xerneas to replace your scarfer if you still want one- it can also run Aromatherapy for burns and whatever other status annoys your team.

Optimization is the biggest problem though. I wrote a really long paragraph here and it got deleted TWICE so I'm a bit demoralized, bear with me. Ttar needs max max spdef with pursuit and lefties or something, focus sash is superfluous as it's bulky enough to survive most hits, especially in sand. Aegi should run max HP, 88 Atk, rest in spdef with a sassy nature, iron ball is not good, aegi needs its passive recovery in lefties. Gira-O runs 252 Atk / 248 Def / 8 Spd, basically its main targets like groudon and ekiller are physical. Sneak and Dtail > your attacks. Xern runs 104 HP / 28 Def / 252+ SAtk / 124 Spd as you want to be kinda fast, not slow. Ekiller runs Jolly LO to outspeed Gengar. Scarf Palkia is just not very good, I don't recommend it. Lustrous Orb is a lot better with Twave > Thunder.

I apologize for declining quality of last para I just got sick of rewriting it.

Good luck!
Hi and thank you for spending your time reading this "long" RMT of mine.
1st thing i want to say is sorry about the deleting of your post, I have no idea what happened as i was probably sleeping around that time :/

2nd looking back, focus sash on t-tar is really a dumb idea (should have keep lefties) and geoXern isnt really good anymore. As for Grassceus i thought of judgement-recover-wow-ice beam. Then changed xern and gira-o to your sets and changed palkia to mewtwo.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit/Thunder-Wave

My first choice and the pokemon i wanted to start with was godzilla itself - Tyranitar. Tyranitar is a great lead. With 134 attack it can bring many common leads down to their sash and sand damage can just finish them. With 252 hp and sand storm boost Tyranitar can live many hits (mostly on special side). 252+ attack to maximize attack stat. Stealth rock is there to punish things like Ho-oh or Talonflame. Stone Edge is its most powerful stab but with shaky accuracy, hits stuff like Scolipede, Lugia or HO-oh. Crunch as secondary stab with perfect accuracy and hits ghost types like Gengar. Last move is more of a filler. Pursuit to ensure KO or T-wave to criple things like Kyogre or Xerneas thats geomanc-ing.

Aegislash @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Toxic

The 2nd member is Aegislash. Aegislash is on my team because all teams need a way how to deal with xerneas which sets up for free versus tyranitar and aegislash is the perfect counter. With 88 attack and can most of the time 2HKO neutral Xerneas and if not, you can always finish it off with shadow sneak. It's also a great check to Mega Mewtwo-y and other special attackers as with its great bulk and 252/168+ investment, it can live 1 or 2 super effective hits at full and retaliate back with Gyro ball. The last 2 moves are king's shield and toxic to wear down annoying stuff like Lugia.

EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Defog

The next choice is Giratina-Origin as i needed a defoger and a statuser. I chose Giratina-O instead of the regular form because of Levitate which gives immunity to ground types move. It also helps giratina to take minimum damage when switching in and that makes it such a great defoger. Will-O-Wisp is also a great move. It helps keeping physical attackers in check (for example Groundon, mega Mawile, Arceus) and with max Def it can just laugh at the damage. Dragon tail is there to punish greedy e-killers or just to force switch the oponent and Shadow Sneak to finish off some low health oponents. This is my main counter Mega Kangaskhan or (mega) Blaziken and it's also a check to e-killer.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature

- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rock Slide

Here we have, one of the most dangerous threats, Xerneas. With this "monster" on my team i can glue together the previous 3 pokemons as they're pretty weak to dark/fighting combination (darkrai or yveltal etc). Most people would expect it to be a Geo-Xern and you can just punish the switch in with 2 Moonblast to KO them (most of the time). Choice scarf and 184 speed EV lets you outspeed many threads like M-Gengar or modest Kyogre. 72 attack + rock slide lets you hit Ho-oh hard and Thunder hits Lugia "right in the feels. HP fire is very crucial as it allows you to OHKO scizor or wear down aegislash.

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 20 SpA / 140 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam

My 5th pokemon to choose was Arceus-Grass as i needed some kind of check to kyogre and zekrom. I went with 96+ to outspeed timid Palkia although smogon anaylsis suggested 112+ speed, you dont see Garchomps a lot and if you do, they're most of the time scarfed. 20 spA might seem weird but it allows me to 2HKO Naughty nature Zekroms with Ice Bean. The rest goes into hp and SpD to take hits from Kyogre better. Judgement as most powerful stab which 2HKOs Kyogre. Recover to stay around longer, WoW to criple physical attacker or just to make residual damage. Finally ice beam to kill zekrom, Lugia or other things for neutral damage.

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Psystrike

As my last member i chose Stall2 (mewtwo) as my team has serious problem with stall. With taunt on it i can easily shut down chansey or set up sweepers. Recover + WoW allows it to criple physical attackers and recover back up to decend amount of HP. Psystrike is there to do good damage even without investment. With 252/80 investment if can take 2 or 3 hits. 176 speed EV to outspeed arceus and other threats.

Last edited:
Hey duch xd, nice team you have! even though you say it uses some really over-used mons, it does feature an interesting combo of aegislash+ttar. ttar without excadrill is really cool because its a unique mon when it comes to checking this, a check to yveltal, ho-oh and a rocks user is great to have. to support this defensive core you have a giratina-o which is nice because its ground immune, but also provides you with defog support without having to use up your arceus spot, and also checks ekiller. the next two mons sort of put me off, though. when I saw the team preview I wouldn't have guessed that arceus and xerneas would be ekiller and geoxern, as this team looked more like balance to me or even possibly stall (because of aegislash+ttar+gira-o), and i think these pokemon don't fit that well with your team structure. i've tried this kind of balance approach, where you use 2 pokemon commonly seen on offense/hyper offense backed by defensive pokemon, but it proved to be a flawed concept. im going to suggest you replace these pokemon, the replacements+explanation will be below. last would be palkia, and i do like palkia on this team. i like the combination of palkia+a steel type, as it makes palkia not have to worry about xern at all.

• I guess now it should be time to get onto the rate. the last sentence of the previous paragraph is a little vague, because i wanted to address what i meant with it in this part. your current set, 3 attacks+thunder wave, could be improved by giving it rest>thunder. thunder wave palkis isn't bad, and commonly used, but when its used its mainly to prevent xerneas from setting up. because you have aegislash, xerneas (specifically geoxern) should be your least of worries. rest is an amazing option on palkia, as it gives it much needed durability. without rest, if specs kyogre goes for a thunder once, your palkia loses a lot of health, allowing kyogre to come in again later and wreak havoc. im pretty sure you already had this sort of mentality because you used scarf palkia, but scarf palkia is palkia's worst set (hence why I talked about thunder wave and not thunder) as its other sets do its job better. the set im going to swaps thunder for rest, and has leftovers over choice scarf, leftovers are used because they (it?) helps checking kyogre more reliably. the extra hp and spdef ev's give it quite a bit of added bulk, while still letting palkia outspeed specs ogre. the moves make it so palkia still keeps its great offensive coverage, and also makes your team able to more easily deal with things like ferrothorn.
@ Leftovers, Hydro Pump/Spacial Rend/Fire Blast/Rest, 160 HP / 252 SpA / 16 SpD / 80 Spe, Timid Nature

• Next up I would like to address your offensive core, arceus+xerneas. like i said, i think both of them are out of place on this team, so im going to replace both of them with better options. its clear to me that you wanted a physical sweeper, but also a hard-hitting special attacker. i understand you reached out to standard examples of offense-mons, but i think that swords dance arceus ground>arceus normal would benefit your team a lot. as haxiom pointed out, 2 things you are weak to are zekrom and stall; arceus ground helps with both of them. sd grounceus can actually be a huge threat to stall. where ekiller fails to break trough its checks, groundceus has a much better shot at killing things such as phys def yveltal, ferrothorn (in rain), landorus-t (see moves), and wisp arceus. it also has a very useful ground typing which makes it immune to one of zekrom's stabs. second member of the core would be xerneas, and once again i think geoxern is a poor fit. i do like xern on the team though, as it makes a good fairy+ground combination which helps you more reliably deal with zekrom. im going to suggest a mixed xerneas>geoxern. mixed xern is an amazing wallbreaker, and makes a devastating core with groundceus as little can withstand attacks from these two, and they usually are able to tear defensive teams to shreds. because you already have ttar to check yveltal, you can run this set without having to worry about yveltal, which is a nice bonus. mixed xern makes you team do even better against stall, and I think it would be the best replacement for xerneas. i opted for ice beam arceus-ground because you have a solid asnwer to choice scarf kyogre, and being able to ohko gliscor and landorus-t is very useful. on xerneas set, moonblast is stadard, hp fire is necessary to kill things such as scizor and ferrothorn, close combat is mainly for blissey which would otherwise hard-wall you, and rock slide maims ho-oh but you could also use thunder or even psyshock. the speed ev's let xerneas outspeed up to positive nature base 90's, the sp atk ev's makes sure moonblast hits as hard as possible and the remaining ev's go into attack to hit ho-oh and blissey harder.
@ Earth Plate, Earthquake/Stone Edge/Ice Beam/Swords Dance, 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe, Jolly Nature
@ Life Orb, Moonblast/Hidden Power Fire/Rock Slide/Close Combat, 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe, Naive Nature

So thats about it! one last thing i wanted to address though, is the updated team you got from haxiom's rate. that team is quite solid, and I do like it, but at the same time i feel too much was changes (it mainly lost the feel that having 2 all-out offensive mons had), and though grasseus was added instead of grasseus because how it checks ogre and also really helps vs zekrom, palkia also checks kyogre of course and since you had a fairy type on the original team i felt this would keep the team more similar to your first version. its a solid team nonetheless (go with a different move than ice beam though, i sort of get you picked it, but punishment to prevent gothitelle from trapping it, while also possibly hitting mgar for good damage on the switch), so i guess you just have 2 version of the team you can use now :) one last thing that i notice while writing this rate is that using cm poisonceus>arceus and stallbreaker gliscor>aegislash could be really cool, as you would end up with a free spot because you can remove xerneas, but that would significantly restructure the team so its more a cool thing to think about i guess haha.

anyway, good luck with the team and if you have any questions be sure to ask them !

Hey duch xd, nice team you have! even though you say it uses some really over-used mons, it does feature an interesting combo of aegislash+ttar. ttar without excadrill is really cool because its a unique mon when it comes to checking this, a check to yveltal, ho-oh and a rocks user is great to have. to support this defensive core you have a giratina-o which is nice because its ground immune, but also provides you with defog support without having to use up your arceus spot, and also checks ekiller. the next two mons sort of put me off, though. when I saw the team preview I wouldn't have guessed that arceus and xerneas would be ekiller and geoxern, as this team looked more like balance to me or even possibly stall (because of aegislash+ttar+gira-o), and i think these pokemon don't fit that well with your team structure. i've tried this kind of balance approach, where you use 2 pokemon commonly seen on offense/hyper offense backed by defensive pokemon, but it proved to be a flawed concept. im going to suggest you replace these pokemon, the replacements+explanation will be below. last would be palkia, and i do like palkia on this team. i like the combination of palkia+a steel type, as it makes palkia not have to worry about xern at all.

• I guess now it should be time to get onto the rate. the last sentence of the previous paragraph is a little vague, because i wanted to address what i meant with it in this part. your current set, 3 attacks+thunder wave, could be improved by giving it rest>thunder. thunder wave palkis isn't bad, and commonly used, but when its used its mainly to prevent xerneas from setting up. because you have aegislash, xerneas (specifically geoxern) should be your least of worries. rest is an amazing option on palkia, as it gives it much needed durability. without rest, if specs kyogre goes for a thunder once, your palkia loses a lot of health, allowing kyogre to come in again later and wreak havoc. im pretty sure you already had this sort of mentality because you used scarf palkia, but scarf palkia is palkia's worst set (hence why I talked about thunder wave and not thunder) as its other sets do its job better. the set im going to swaps thunder for rest, and has leftovers over choice scarf, leftovers are used because they (it?) helps checking kyogre more reliably. the extra hp and spdef ev's give it quite a bit of added bulk, while still letting palkia outspeed specs ogre. the moves make it so palkia still keeps its great offensive coverage, and also makes your team able to more easily deal with things like ferrothorn.
@ Leftovers, Hydro Pump/Spacial Rend/Fire Blast/Rest, 160 HP / 252 SpA / 16 SpD / 80 Spe, Timid Nature

• Next up I would like to address your offensive core, arceus+xerneas. like i said, i think both of them are out of place on this team, so im going to replace both of them with better options. its clear to me that you wanted a physical sweeper, but also a hard-hitting special attacker. i understand you reached out to standard examples of offense-mons, but i think that swords dance arceus ground>arceus normal would benefit your team a lot. as haxiom pointed out, 2 things you are weak to are zekrom and stall; arceus ground helps with both of them. sd grounceus can actually be a huge threat to stall. where ekiller fails to break trough its checks, groundceus has a much better shot at killing things such as phys def yveltal, ferrothorn (in rain), landorus-t (see moves), and wisp arceus. it also has a very useful ground typing which makes it immune to one of zekrom's stabs. second member of the core would be xerneas, and once again i think geoxern is a poor fit. i do like xern on the team though, as it makes a good fairy+ground combination which helps you more reliably deal with zekrom. im going to suggest a mixed xerneas>geoxern. mixed xern is an amazing wallbreaker, and makes a devastating core with groundceus as little can withstand attacks from these two, and they usually are able to tear defensive teams to shreds. because you already have ttar to check yveltal, you can run this set without having to worry about yveltal, which is a nice bonus. mixed xern makes you team do even better against stall, and I think it would be the best replacement for xerneas. i opted for ice beam arceus-ground because you have a solid asnwer to choice scarf kyogre, and being able to ohko gliscor and landorus-t is very useful. on xerneas set, moonblast is stadard, hp fire is necessary to kill things such as scizor and ferrothorn, close combat is mainly for blissey which would otherwise hard-wall you, and rock slide maims ho-oh but you could also use thunder or even psyshock. the speed ev's let xerneas outspeed up to positive nature base 90's, the sp atk ev's makes sure moonblast hits as hard as possible and the remaining ev's go into attack to hit ho-oh and blissey harder.
@ Earth Plate, Earthquake/Stone Edge/Ice Beam/Swords Dance, 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe, Jolly Nature
@ Life Orb, Moonblast/Hidden Power Fire/Rock Slide/Close Combat, 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe, Naive Nature

So thats about it! one last thing i wanted to address though, is the updated team you got from haxiom's rate. that team is quite solid, and I do like it, but at the same time i feel too much was changes (it mainly lost the feel that having 2 all-out offensive mons had), and though grasseus was added instead of grasseus because how it checks ogre and also really helps vs zekrom, palkia also checks kyogre of course and since you had a fairy type on the original team i felt this would keep the team more similar to your first version. its a solid team nonetheless (go with a different move than ice beam though, i sort of get you picked it, but punishment to prevent gothitelle from trapping it, while also possibly hitting mgar for good damage on the switch), so i guess you just have 2 version of the team you can use now :) one last thing that i notice while writing this rate is that using cm poisonceus>arceus and stallbreaker gliscor>aegislash could be really cool, as you would end up with a free spot because you can remove xerneas, but that would significantly restructure the team so its more a cool thing to think about i guess haha.

anyway, good luck with the team and if you have any questions be sure to ask them !
Hello and thank you for spending your time on leaving such an informative text.
1st thing first, when i was testing my team (the changed team) i realised, the team was pretty weak to steel/fairy as i didnt really have a way how to beat them. I guess will-o-wisp cripled them but that really didnt solve the answer as Klefki could just Flash canon me and M-Mawile set up SD and punched a hole, so having groundceus kinda helps to check/counter them eazily. At first running jolly on mixed attacker seemed weird but after a calc it almost OHKO's lando with ice beam .-.

With Groundceus i guess i can put Palkia back on my team as a main check to Kyogre and with T-wave i guess i can put change xern's scarf for LO and that cound be my stall breaker. I also chose to run T-wave as i really didnt have a cleric to negate rest on my team so it would just fuck himself over.
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Toxic

EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Defog

Xerneas @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Hasty Nature

- Moonblast
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Close Combat

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Ice Beam

Palkia @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 16 SpD / 80 Spe
Timid Nature

- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)