1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Yu-Gi-Oh discussion

Discussion in 'The Great Library' started by LizardMan, Aug 7, 2011.

1. hobby

hobby

Sangan to forbidden isn't that odd if you think about it. It hits the consistency of both Rescue Rabbit and Tour Guide without actually completely destroying their usability.

Only thing on that list that I really find odd is Zenmaity to forbidden, it really wasn't the problem with the deck at one, and hitting Magician would have probably been enough to lower some of the stupidity of the deck without crippling it.
  2. some hero

some hero

Not sure if the list is real or not. But eh its okay. Wind Ups are/were the only meta deck i hated using. Its so dull to me. Dino Rabbit, Waterdek, fire Fists, DWs are all fun to use. Wind ups never interested me. So good riddence. Tier 3 andnever to be heard from again.

I HATE the Thunder King Rai-oh semi limit. HATE IT. I main 3 Rai Oh in all the decks i use. Its that good. Imo its the single best monster in the game. So the hit is justified. Card is too damn good. As long as its face up and remains face up it means your winning. Still, March formats are always terrible so a semi'd will promote a terrible format ala march 2012.
  3. coolking49

coolking49

This list was made to make Konami cash. Why not hit Fire Fists? They're still selling. Same with Mermail Atlantians. Dino Rabbits were hit (through Sangan) but Rabbit can still be used to help the soon to be released Verz archtype. TKRO stops prophecies? Lets hit it. Man, I know Konami's a company but the least they could do is hit GAM and Fire Fists a little bit. Now we're headed to towards the fastest format in a while.
  4. Llama

Llama

5. LizardMan

LizardMan A mo so true.
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

6. Llama

Llama

7. LizardMan

LizardMan A mo so true.
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Monsters:14
    1 Legendary Six Samurai - Enishi
    1 Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
    1 Hand of the Six Samurai
    3 Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan
    3 Kagemusha of the Six Samurai
    2 Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki
    2 Elder of the Six Samurai

Spells:14
    3 The Six Samurai United
    3 Ascetisicm of the Six Samurai
    3 Shien's Smoke Signal
    1 Reinforcement of the Army
    1 Gateway of the Six Samurai
    1 Mystical Space Typhoon
    1 Heavy Storm
    1 Monster Reborn

Traps:12
    1 Solemn Judgment
    1 Double Edged Sword Technique
    3 Fiendish Chain
    2 Musakani Magatama
    2 Bottomless Trap Hole
    2 Mirror Force
    1 Solemn Warning

Deck:40

1 Elder of the Six Samurai
    3 Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki
    1 Hand of the Six Samurai

3 The Six Samurai United
    3 Shien's Smoke Signal
    1 Ascetisicm of the Six Samurai
    2 Mystical Space Typhoon
    1 Heavy Storm
    1 Monster Reborn

Traps:13
    1 Solemn Judgment
    3 Fiendish Chain
    2 Musakani Magatama
    2 Bottomless Trap Hole
    2 Mirror Force
    1 Solemn Warning
    1 Safe Zone

1 Elder of the Six Samurai
    3 Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki
    1 Spirit of the Six Samurai

3 The Six Samurai United
    3 Shien's Smoke Signal
    2 Forbidden Lance
    1 Ascetisicm of the Six Samurai
    1 Heavy Storm
    1 Monster Reborn

Traps:13
    1 Solemn Judgment
    3 Fiendish Chain
    2 Musakani Magatama
    2 Bottomless Trap Hole
    2 Mirror Force
    1 Solemn Warning
    1 Safe Zone

8. some hero

some hero

Tsukuyomi is pretty bad imo. Too slow and you lose field presence. Also i would never run 1 Tsukuyomi and Royal Tribute in the same deck. You are running two! If you like your monster line up, side the two Royal Tribute(there is some merit to siding it, you won't auto lose to Dark World, plus its only good against decks with 20+ monsters). I've never liked it. Terrible top deck and isn't worth the chance of opening it first hand. Add another trap and make it 40.

Or you could take out the two Tsukuyomi. Or at least 1 to make it 40. Stick to Forbidden Lance. Side 3 Space Typhoons.
  9. Minwu

Minwu

i haven't played this game in like 7 years

i bought 3 shadow specter packs today and got ghostrick alucard, liked his art a lot, what can i do with him
  10. Warb

Warb

Alucard is actually a really good card. Being a good generic rank 3 with a really solid effect.
    edit: wait a second, there's a second ygo thread somewhere now isn't it?
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  11. Audiosurfer

Audiosurfer have one on me
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnus

12. Moneyminty

Moneyminty

The first and original Yugioh era was the best..... Yugi, Joey and Tristin with Seto Kaiba. Blue Eyes White Dragon and Dark Magician are my favorite cards tht I owned . I was sad when I saw the motorcycle one smh... I like the GX saga tho.
  13. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

So I have recently been playing the DS3 game, Yu-gi-oh Dual Carnival-- and while the game itself kinda pales in features and playability compared to the old DS World Championship series (not to mention the game's only available in Japanese...); I've been enjoying myself.

One thing cool I've found about the game are the game-only/anime only cards available in it.

Specifically, I've been playing around a lot recently with Tribulldog card series.

Tribulldog
    Level 4
    Beast
    1200 ATK / 1000 DEF
    Effect: Once per turn, Special Summon a "Tribulldog" from your hand.

DogKing
    Equip Spell
    Effect: The equipped monster gains 500 ATK for each Beast-Type monster you control. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Tribulldog" from your Deck to your hand.

Doubulldog
    Normal Spell
    Effect: If you control a Beast-Type monster: Special Summon 1 "Tribulldog" from your Deck or Graveyard.

Seems pretty underwhelming at first, but I've been playing the game with no monster bans (I know, whatever-- I'm playing on a DS how I wanna play, so whatever). Actually even if you play with no ban list, it's hard to make a deck that's truly broken since the game doesn't even have data on a lot of cards like Pot of Greed / Graceful Charity / CED / Yatagarasu / etc. etc.

I got to say, these cards have f'ing amazing synergy with the old Synchro Cat.

Deck: Raining Cats & Dogs

Monsters (20):
    3x Giant Rat
    3x X-Saber Airbellum
    3x Summoner Monk
    3x Rescue Cat
    3x Tribulldog
    2x The Fabled Ceruburrel
    2x The Fabled Ganashia
    1x Chaos Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

Spell
    1x Heavy Storm
    1x Dark Hole
    1x Monster Reborn
    3x Forbidden Lance
    1x Card Destruction
    2x Pot of Avarice
    1x Magical Mallet
    3x DogKing
    3x Doubulldog
    1x Mind Control
    (Cold Wave and Giant Trunade are not in this game :( )

Traps
    2x Imperial Decree
    1x Treacherous Trap Hole

Special
    (Will leave it up to your imagination-- so much potential here)

So it's Synchro Cat, just WAY more consistent than the original deck ever was after adding the bulldogs and Fabled monsters.

Let's talk about the synergy here.

-DogKing lowers the cost to use Summoner Monk-- because if DogKing is dropped for summoner monk's effect, then you get a TriBulldog added to your hand.

-Card destruction is really fun with DogKing + Fabled Monsters.

-Doubulldog and TriBulldog give you big potential to go for a OHKO even without Summoner Monks. Consider this situation: First turn set rat, rat => Tribulldog. Use Doubulldog or Tribulldog's effect to get your second level 4 to the field, summon Rescue Cat, go for the OHKO.

-You can normal summon a Synchro Cat, activate Doubulldog, special summon a Tribulldog from hand with the first's effect, and go for game right there too.

-^If you do something like the above and equip one of your summoned beasts with Dogking, you can smack the opponent for massive damage, THEN synch to Strikefighter in main phase 2 and sac for more damage.

-Equipping Dogking to something that will synch into Strikefighter or be sacked to Strikefighter will give you another tribulldog in hand, which you can special summon via another tribulldog's effect and sac for 800 more damage or attack with it.

-Sumo Dog is stupid good with Synchro Cat, whose main fear is the back row. If you get to summon Sumo dog to the field using your tribulldog cards before going for Summoner Monk, you probably have game right there.

Right now, I'm finding this deck incredibly fun to play... though it usually doesn't go pas 6-7 turns against any given computer opponent in the game.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  14. vyomov

vyomov

15. religiousjedi

religiousjedi Destiny likes to use #The in everything.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

The Revolution has begun. Join the Cybers...
  16. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Wow, this shit is so complicated... and seems broke as fuck.
  17. Warb

Warb

Nah, just max out on Black Horn of Heaven (inb4 every1 plays Trap Stun & Seven Tools) or play Rock Stun aka *PROTECTTHEFOSSILDYNA*
    Llama and Chou Toshio like this.
  18. hobby

hobby

Complicated, when you aren't used to it. Broken, probably. The main issue with Pendulum summoning is consistency. As of this point in time, it isn't the most consistent way to play a deck and can still be outdone by the current top meta stuff. Of course, this is Yugioh so that will change soon enough.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)