Media Yu-Gi-Oh discussion

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Just a tip; never allow your decks to have more than 40-41 cards, especially with Dark Worlds, which have consistency problems even with the bare minimum of 40 cards. I also see that you have many odd choices, so I'll do my best to separate the wheat from the chaff.

First of all, get rid of your Malefics. While they do come in handy at times, they are very reliant on the field spell, which you won't have at all times. If you really want to keep them, cut 1 Cyber End for a Stardust since it does something outside of being a beatstick...Grapha does Cyber End's job better anyway. Next, get rid of Gateway to Dark World and Return from the Dark Dimension. Gateway to Dark World is simply a bad card, since Grapha is already able to special summon itself, and Return from the Dark Dimension isn't necessary since you have plenty of banished recursion as is with Leviair and Trance Archfiend.

Also, never run 2 Reckless Greed. If you run it at all, you have to run 3 because this increases the chance of drawing into two at the same time, which prevents the card from putting you in the minus.

As for what you need to add, I would recommend adding a third Broww (because it's too good to not run at three) as well as a one or two more Dragged Downs.

I'll leave the rest up to you, but I would probably get rid of the card to the left of Solemn Judgment. Also, 3 beiige on top of 2 Lords seems a bit overkill to me; you can probably take out 1 or 2 Beiige to prevent it from clogging your hand (since you only need 1 to pull off plays with Trance Archfiend). Remember, Dark Worlds should have as few dead cards as possible!

Agents and T.G were hit simply because they were still tier 1 in OCG , T.G agents was like the best deck around even when inzektor came out .

And this is the same reason wind up didn't get any ban or limit , they don't do that well in japan ( no TGU or wind up shark for them ) .

which is why there should be two separate banlist for OCG and TCG , it's completly not the same meta .. but yeah , this is konami .

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Hero Beat is a fun deck, and I always found those Japanese builds with 5 monsters to be really funny. Right now, I'm laddering with a more monster oriented Hero build, and it's been doing pretty well:

http://i.imgur.com/nfTGV.jpg

Absolute Zero into Acid is a really awesome (and broken) play, and makes me really want Mask Change to finally come out in the TCG. Escuridao is also great since it lets me mill Zephyros with Future Fusion, which lets me bounce Future Fusion and mill 2 more Heroes that same turn.

A TCG version of this deck would probably include a couple Gemini Spark in place of Zephyros and Mask Change, as well as a few more traps.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mask Change is TCG legal, it was released in Generation Force. Acid was released along with Dian for the TCG in the recent 2012 Premium Collection Tin.

For how "broken" he apparently is, I have been seeing nearly no Black Luster Soldier-Envoy of the Beginning. I think it's funny how this great card doesn't really fit into the top 3 decks at the moment (Dino Rabbit, Wind-Ups, Inzektors).

I know I've tried to fit him into my Inzektor deck but it never really worked.

Before, it was stupidly easy to get a Light and Dark into the Graveyard because everyone was running Effect Veiler. Veiler has been getting phased out more and more in favor of Maxx "C" because stop something like Zenmaity from getting its effect is a lot less effective than dropping "C" at the beginning of the loop and drawing cards. Veiler also can't stop Dino Rabbit at all, other than Tour Guide -> Leviair -> Rabbit, while at least Maxx "C" can draw you some more cards. Veiler only has the benefit of shutting down Inzektors easier.

Personally, I love this format of 3 Maxx "C", no Veilers. It's obviously not good for the ACTUAL game, because Maxx "C" is stupidly expensive. Then again, retarded Priority Ignition is also stupid and ruins the game, but hey. At least DN removes the money issues of YGO.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
If the rumor that ignition priority will be eliminated in the TCG is true, most people will probably begin to maindeck triple Effect Veiler, which makes BLS much more accessible. Right now, it's not as problematic as it should be because most Tier 1 decks don't have room (or incentive) to run it, but that might very well change after these Tier 1 decks are hit and new ones are introduced; namely Hieratics.

Regardless, I want it banned. Now.

If the rumor that ignition priority will be eliminated in the TCG is true, most people will probably begin to maindeck triple Effect Veiler, which makes BLS much more accessible. Right now, it's not as problematic as it should be because most Tier 1 decks don't have room (or incentive) to run it, but that might very well change after these Tier 1 decks are hit and new ones are introduced; namely Hieratics.

Regardless, I want it banned. Now.
Namely random gladiator 4000 too and Geargia and Maldoce (even if it's not Tier 1) and... Konami just prints too much archtypes :S

BLS can easily be fit in an Inzektor deck, just add brilli-ant in your extra and you're ready to go.
But why would you XYZ into Brilliant when you could XYZ into practically any other Rank 3 XYZ (Leviair has crazy combos with Banished Inzektors, Acid Golem runs over all Evolzars so Inzektors don't have to worry so much about Dino Rabbit, Leviathan is an instant 2500 beater, Zenmaines has to be destroyed 3 times).

Besides, adding BLS removes a slot that you could be using for something that doesn't reduce Inzektor's consistency.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I tried to play and got absolutely raped, it's so complex and hard to follow! Much prefer pokemon -_-. Any tips guys?

you're not choosing the best format to start (I stopped myself , wind-up are stupid) but whatever , try some easy deck to pilot , I would suggest a dark world deck (a deck based around discarding dark world monsters and gaining some powerful effects) or just a chaos deck with lots of dark and light monsters (effect veiler / TGU / sangan / alchemist /gorz) to summon your boss monsters ( chaos sorcerer / BLS / dark armed dragon ) .

what deck are you running now ?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
you're not choosing the best format to start (I stopped myself , wind-up are stupid) but whatever , try some easy deck to pilot , I would suggest a dark world deck (a deck based around discarding dark world monsters and gaining some powerful effects) or just a chaos deck with lots of dark and light monsters (effect veiler / TGU / sangan / alchemist /gorz) to summon your boss monsters ( chaos sorcerer / BLS / dark armed dragon ) .

what deck are you running now ?
I was, and still am, using a Dark World deck. There was a mini learning curve at first, but I've won my last 4 rated battles against mediocre opponents. I'm sure I'd get trounced by any half decent player but I have to start somewhere haha so might as well get my practise up against fellow noobies :). As for the Dark World deck, I love how through discarding it can get a lot of monsters in a hurry and overwhelm the opponent!

well post your build :d , maybe we can see if there's something wrong with it .

and there's some kinda of staple cards used in every deck to fight against the format , maybe you're missing them in your deck ( veiler , maxx C , fiendish ..etc)

Stallion

Tree Young
well post your build :d , maybe we can see if there's something wrong with it .

and there's some kinda of staple cards used in every deck to fight against the format , maybe you're missing them in your deck ( veiler , maxx C , fiendish ..etc)
I started using a Hieratic Dragon Deck and have done even better with it. 16-8 overall (both decks combined) with a rating of 315/28 on my very first day. Nothing special but I'm a quick learner xD. I love how quickly they can swarm the field. I do take awhile to complete even a turn but that's because there are so many playable combo's with them!

This was Turn two.....my opponent wasn't very good I'm sure but there was literally very little he could do if I had even a somewhat decent hand. Lots of fun :D I've found a new procrastination tool!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)