Project YUM or YUCK: Pokemon Edition

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
approved by macle

Counter that Pokemon!

What is up friends, this thread here is meant to inspire a little bit more forum activity, since aside from Viability thread and LCPL, no one ever bothers to come onto the forums! Everyone either just chills in a skype group, or is on PS! This thread is also meant to try to tone down some of the salt in the forums that people get when they argue and meant to be a fun game that everyone can participate in.

Alright, so in this game, your goal is to counter the exact set above you. It is reminiscent of Duo Destruction, if anyone remembers that thread, in that your opponent is said to have perfect prediction, and is going to always make the right moves. Your job is to counter it. There is no prize for picking something that is considered uncounterable (something like LO Abra comes to mind, but good luck actually bringing that in safely against your opp), and instead if no mon is picked in a week's time, the thread will just be reset.

You start off with the Pokemon that I pick in the OP (which will be revealed at the end of the post). Your goal is to 100% counter that Pokemon. For example, if I pick mono attacking Abra (bear with me) then you could counter with Vullaby. In turn, if it is a successful counter, that mon is the new one that is to be countered, so the next poster would need to post something that switches in and beats Vullaby. It continues in a chain like that. In this thread, you can be as creative as you want, but be wary that your mon can then be easily countered (so while it might be cool to go Air Balloon Elekid on Drilbur, Air Balloon Elekid isnt much of a threat and will be countered easily).

There are only a couple rules to this game:​
  1. In the even of 2 people posting at the same time, the first one that is shown or the only one that actually counters takes precedent. So if me and Mambo post somethign at the same time, whichever appears first is the one that should be used in your response.
  2. NO FOCUS SASH - Pretty self-explanatory, Focus Sash gives unlimited freedom to counter anything at any time, and thus is banned from being used. If you submit a Pokemon with Focus Sash, it is considered null and should not be counted.
  3. The ability to win MUST be greater than 50%. If your mon relies on hitting 2 Focus Blasts or Zap Cannon or something to win, it will not happen. However, something could abuse Gravity or Lock-on and still use it, it just cannot use a 50% or lower accurate move to win by itself, and hitting something like 2 Focus Blasts in a row is not feasible for this game.
  4. NO RESERVING SHITLORDS!!
  5. No form of hazards are up in this vaccuum
It is my hope that people find this thread entertaining and a fun part to just sit back and post in, and it is an even bigger hope that people find even more creative ways to build through this! Have Fun.

The first Pokemon:

Amaura Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
Level: 5
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power

Last edited:

Bronzor @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 224 HP / 4 Atk / 68 Def / 4 SpA / 148 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake / w/e

It does literally nothing:
220+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Amaura Hyper Beam vs. 224 HP / 148+ SpD Eviolite Bronzor: 9-12 (36 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
220+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Amaura Hyper Voice vs. 224 HP / 148+ SpD Eviolite Bronzor: 6-7 (24 - 28%) -- 22.8% chance to 4HKO
220+ SpA Choice Specs Amaura Thunderbolt vs. 224 HP / 148+ SpD Eviolite Bronzor: 6-8 (24 - 32%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO
Meanwhile:
4 SpA Bronzor Flash Cannon vs. 60 HP / 0 SpD Amaura: 28-36 (112 - 144%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Bronzor @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake / w/e

It does literally nothing:
220+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Amaura Hyper Beam vs. 224 HP / 148+ SpD Eviolite Bronzor: 9-12 (36 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
220+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Amaura Hyper Voice vs. 224 HP / 148+ SpD Eviolite Bronzor: 6-7 (24 - 28%) -- 22.8% chance to 4HKO
220+ SpA Choice Specs Amaura Thunderbolt vs. 224 HP / 148+ SpD Eviolite Bronzor: 6-8 (24 - 32%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO
Meanwhile:
4 SpA Bronzor Flash Cannon vs. 60 HP / 0 SpD Amaura: 28-36 (112 - 144%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Bronzor @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Get at me

Munchlax @ Berry Juice
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Recycle
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
220+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Amaura Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 236 SpD Thick Fat Munchlax: 16-19 (48.4 - 57.5%) -- 75% chance to 2HKO
This is the strongest thing Amaura can hit Munchlax with, and Munch can just recycle on the recharge time to gets its Berry Juice back. EQ 2HKOes Amaura, and Amaura's coverage moves just tickle it. Also because I've been ninja'd, Fire Punch lets it beat Bronzor while its giant special defense and Berry Juice let it shrug off Bronzor's weak attacks.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Countering mambo's set:

Bronzor @ Eviolite
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Serious Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Countering oma's set:

Gastly @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
- Toxic
- Rest

Last edited:

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh in the event that you guys miss a post, (as i expect this to be pretty fast paced) just ignore the ones after the original counter. So for this we're countering LEvi's Bronzor! Also you dont HAVE to post calcs, but its better to, and you can even challenge other people's "counters" if you think they can lose in a specific scenario!

Last edited:

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Teddiursa @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Facade
- Crunch
- Refresh

Last edited:
Reactions: Oma
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thunder-wave
- Bullet Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
I was tempted to put rocky helmet on this

Ooh, I always liked this kind of thread "back in my day".

Slugma @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Reactions: tcr
Slugma sucks

Mantyke @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Def / 200 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power Ground

tcr

sage of six tabs
Ooh, I always liked this kind of thread "back in my day".

Slugma @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
ye this man knows whats up : )

Bronzor @ Berry Juice
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Serious Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recycle
doesnt counter, mantyke rain dances, air slashes, then hydro pumps for the kill

Goomy @ Eviolite
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Def / 156 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

tcr

sage of six tabs
Goomy @ Eviolite
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Def / 156 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Amaura @ Chople Berry
EVs: 52 Def / 220 SpA / 8 SpD / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

Amaura @ Chople Berry
EVs: 52 Def / 220 SpA / 8 SpD / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
Riolu @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Copycat
- Iron Tail

Reactions: tcr
Riolu sucks.

Honedge @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 Def / 140 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

tcr just wanted a plug for chople amaura, plan confirmed,

Litwick @ berry juice
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 236 SpA / 76 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Will-o-Wisp

rofl these counters all of them when it was meant for riolu.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Porygon @ eviolite
ability: trace
236 hp / 196 sp atk / 76 spdef
calm nature
- recover
- shadow ball
- tri attack
- thunder wave

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)