RU Zangoose [QC: 3/3, GP:2/2]

THE ULTIMATE VIOLENT HOBO POKEMON

QC Checks: atomicllamas SilentVerse Molk
GP Checks: fleurdyleurse

Overview
########

Zangoose is nothing to overlook, as it is one of the best physical attackers in the tier. Its already impressive Attack is increased after Toxic Boost, making it hit hard. 90 Speed is decent in RU and allows Zangoose to outspeed a lot of threats. Zangoose's movepool helps greatly, allowing Zangoose to hit Pokemon that would otherwise wall it. However, Toxic Boost takes a turn to activate because of Toxic Orb, making Zangoose very vulnerable and not as powerful. Zangoose's defensive typing isn't good either since it has 0 resists and 1 immunity. Furthermore, Zangoose is very frail, which means that it gets taken out easily. Toxic Orb wears Zangoose down very quickly, making it somewhat easy to stall out Still, Zangoose is a very powerful threat in this metagame and definitely something to be careful around.

Toxic Orb Attacker
########
name: Toxic Orb Attacker
move 1: Facade
move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Quick Attack / Swords Dance
move 4: Close Combat
ability: Toxic Boost
item: Toxic Orb
evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
nature: Adamant / Jolly

Moves
========

Facade makes Zangoose one of the hardest hitters in this meta, as poison boosts both Zangoose's Attack stat and the power of this attack. Knock Off is important on Zangoose since it hits Ghost-type Pokemon very hard and can remove items such as Eviolite and Leftovers from common switch-ins to Zangoose such as Doublade. Quick Attack is a STAB priority move, while Swords Dance allows Zangoose to set up on Pokemon that cannot do much to threaten it, or on forced switches. Quick Attack is usually more useful than Swords Dance since it very rarely needs the Attack boost and Toxic wears it down quickly, Quick Attack hits deceptively hard neutrally, and can be used to clean up lategame even against faster threats such as Jolteon and Dugtrio with some prior damage. Close Combat on Zangoose allows it to hit Steel- and Rock-type Pokemon, as they resist Zangoose's Normal-type STAB moves.

Set Details
========

Zangoose's nature can depend on the rest of your team and what role you want it to play. An Adamant nature guarantees a 2HKO on max Defense Alomomola and Tangrowth for example, while Jolly guarantees Zangoose outspeeds all Hitmonlee and deals 62% minimum with Quick Attack for a lategame kill, while also ensuring Zangoose Speed ties with opposing Moltres and Meloetta. Just keep in mind that because of Toxic Boost, the difference in power between Adamant and Jolly is greater than that of the average physical sweeper. With Swords Dance sets, you generally want Jolly, as your Attack will be boosted regardless, while 4 attack sets can run either of the natures. Max Speed and Attack is self-explanatory to maximize its offensive stats. Toxic Orb and Toxic Boost work together to boost Zangoose's mediocre Attack stat for a physical attacker, and doubles Facades power.

Usage Tips
========

While using Zangoose, make sure to keep in mind that it needs a turn to get Toxic'd to be used most effectively. Good ways to do so consist of U-turning into Zangoose, finishing off weakened Pokemon, and predicting double switches. After being poisoned, Zangoose can freely switch into users of status moves. Predicting switch-ins for Zangoose is important, as Ghost-types don't take damage from either Close Combat or Facade. Zangoose's main job is to break walls, so keep it alive for as long as possible. Be careful of Registeel and Rhyperior though, as neither are OHKOed by Close Combat.

Team Options
========

Omastar is a great teammate for Zangoose; for example, with Stealth Rock and a layer of Spikes Zangoose can OHKO max Defense Aromatisse. Sticky Web users such as Leavanny and Kricketune also make good teammates, as the entry hazard allows Zangoose to effectively outspeed all grounded opponents, making it that much easier to run through a team with such a powerful Facade. A strong special attacker will help Zangoose take out physical tanks that can stall it and make it take a lot of Toxic Orb damage like Doublade and Gligar, so a partner like Delphox or Moltres will work great with it. Pokemon with Volt Switch and Pokemon with U-turn such as Gligar or Rotom-C give Zangoose the momentum to come in and get itself poisoned.

Other Options
########

To set up Toxic, Protect can be used, but it is just not worth wasting a move slot Fire Punch can be used for coverage on Zangoose, but it is outclassed by Close Combat other than hitting Escavalier, who is KOed by Facade followed by Close Combat anyway. Taunt can be cool on Zangoose against Pokemon that like to set up, but Zangoose is way too frail to utilize it correctly. In general, keep in mind that most of Zangoose's offensive options aren't worth using over the moves listed, as the sheer power of a Toxic Boost Facade makes most of them obsolete.

Checks & Counters
########

**Doublade** Doublade tanks Zangoose's hits with its amazing bulk and take it down with Iron Head.
**Faster Attackers** With Zangoose's low bulk, faster attackers can take out Zangoose with ease. Strong priority moves such as Mach Punch or Sucker Punch also dispatch Zangoose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd mention Taunt in OO, but mention how it is not bulky enough to utilize it. Also, Thunder Wave can cripple faster switch ins, but it is also not worth a moveslot and is a dead giveaway.

I'd mention Taunt in OO, but mention how it is not bulky enough to utilize it. Also, Thunder Wave can cripple faster switch ins, but it is also not worth a moveslot and is a dead giveaway.
Yeah ill mention taunt, but Thunder Wave i dont think even deserves a mention at all since it is just not usable

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Swords Dance should be slashed with Quick Attack, not close combat. Remove Night Slash from OO like literally just god no.

In team options, specific pokemon should be mentioned, such as shuckle for webs, same with C&C.

Implement these and QC 1/3

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
not anywhere near ru qc team worthy but here we go anyways.

Usage Tips
==========
From playing I found it generally best to save Zangoose as long as possible so it come and clean up effectively in the late game

Team Options
===========
you may want to mention something that removes hazards reliably as a partner, as you said Zangoose needs to be statuses to become an effective Pokemon, meaning lots of damage it also has to take on. You also mention Yanmega in the team options to further stack a hazard weakness. Something like Gligar works here, as it can also take on Fighting-type attacks.

As mizuhime mentioned Gligar is a good parnter and U-Turn variants can be helpful to activate the Toxic Orb. Another good partner is Rotom-C who can easily switch into Rhyperior and other Zangoose checks (Mola in particular) and can help it to safely activate the Toxic Orb

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Non-QC two cents: You probably should mention how to activate the orb in usage tips. Stuff like double switching, finishing off weakened mons (CC is most powerful move without orb, QA is also v useful here), or slow U-turn from teammates should go in there cos they're the best ways to activate orb

I'm skeptical on adding a Defog user to team options. Whenever I see Zangoose, it is on a Sticky Web team most of the time, so Defog would ruin the purpose of that obv.. Furthermore, even outside webs, while Zangoose will be taking tons of damage over the match, I don't see it sent out in the match that frequently (as in it gets sent out once in the middle of the game, fucks up something, dies) and if it gets hit, chances are that it is not surviving with much health regardless. Also, for the sake of Gligar in general, you don't need to hit Zangoose with Fighting moves to kill it tbh. Zangoose actually performs well against some of the Fighting types since most can't switch in and Hitmonlee/Gallade don't take kindly to Quick Attack.

All things considered it doesn't need hazard removal more than the average mon and we generally try to avoid adding hazard removal when it isn't necessary.

I agree with galbia and scorpdestroyer however about Rotom-C and activation tips.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Not written up yet so i cant give the third approval yet but.

Zangoose in generally can't do much against strong defensive pokemon like Doublade or Gligar unless it runs Swords Dance so try to predict the switch ins.

Very strong physical walls can wall Zangoose and wear it down as Zangoose is toxiced.

i'd edit/remove these in the writeup. Zangoose might be a physical attacker, but its just so damn powerful that it often finds its way just running through physical attackers with a combination of Knock Off, CC, and Facade. I'd call Doublade a check because its immune to everything zangoose can throw at it but Knock Off, but even Gligar, Alomomola, and Tangrowth, 3 incredibly physically bulky Pokemon can't hold up to Zangoose's facade repeatedly, especially with just Stealth Rock on the field. As can be seen below.

252+ Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 150-178 (46.5 - 55.2%) -- 69.1% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 160-190 (47.9 - 56.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 213-252 (52.7 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Facade (140 BP) vs. 104 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 288-339 (57.9 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

In Team Options i'd be sure to mention that Pokemon that appreciate a wallbreaker as strong as Zangoose to weaken/take out Pokemon that could stop their sweep otherwise are excellent teammtes, cleaning up the remains of teams after Zangoose is done smacking them around a bit. Good examples to put here would include Cobalion, Virizion, Sharpedo, Zoroark, Drapion, Fletchinder, and Durant.

As Galbia suggested I'd also mention that Pokemon that have access to U-turn and Volt Switch work especially well with Zangoose. Because of Zangoose's frailty and reliance on Toxic orb activating, a Pokemon u-turning to Zangoose on a forced switch is one of the best ways to safely get goose going. Examples of Pokemon you could include here are Jolteon, Rotom-Mow, Gligar, and Yanmega.

RockRocks

Banned deucer.
Earthquake is maybe worth mentioning in OO, though if you choose not to add it I can understand because Close Combat is better in most situations, but Earthquake has some merit as it hits similar targets and doesn't leave you open to priority after use.

RockRocks

Banned deucer.
Also, definitely add Swellow and other Normal-types as teammates since Zangoose wears down its teammates checks with CC for Rock and Steel types and Knock off for Ghosts while it's teammate can then clean up late-game. It works in NU so it might be able to work in RU...

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Earthquake is maybe worth mentioning in OO, though if you choose not to add it I can understand because Close Combat is better in most situations, but Earthquake has some merit as it hits similar targets and doesn't leave you open to priority after use.
This would be fine were it not for the fact Zangoose can't learn EQ. You were probably mixing it up with Ursaring.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Amateur check.

addition
removal
comment

Overview
########

One of the best physical attackers in the tier, (This part is redundant with what you say soon after.) Zangoose is nothing to overlook. Its already impressive aAttack is doubled increased after Toxic Boost, making it one of the hardest hitters in the tier. (Toxic Boost does not double Attack, but increases Attack by 50%.) Base 90 Speed is decent in RU and allows Zangoose to outspeed a lot of threats. Zangoose's movepool greatly aids it as it allows to hit pokemon that wall it hard prevents it from being walled by many Pokemon. (I'm not completely sure what you mean here, so correct me if I assumed incorrectly.) Toxic Boost,(AC) however,(AC) takes a turn to activate because of through Toxic Orb, making Zangoose less threatening for a turn and prone to a counter attack very vulnerable and not as powerful. Zangoose's defensive typing isn't good since it has 0 resists and 1 immunity. Zangoose's defensive stats make it is also very frail,(AC) while its typing offers no resistances and one immunity so it gets taken out easily. Furthermore, Toxic Orb makes Zangoose get worn down very fast and easily, and easily stalled out. With that being said, Zangoose is still one of the top threats in this metagame and definitely something to be careful of.

Toxic Orb Attacker
########

Moves
========

Facade makes Zangoose one of the hardest hitters in this metagame, since Ppoison boosts both Zangoose's aAttack and the power of this attack. Knock Off is key on Zangoose,(AC) since it hits Ghost-type pPokemon very hard and can take off items that pester Zangoose. Quick Attack is a STAB priority move that allows Zangoose to hit faster Pokemon before being hit hits pokemon that are faster than it, and while Swords Dance allows Zangoose to set up on Pokemons that cannot do much about it fight back or switch away. Close Combat on Zangoose allows it Zangoose to hit deal heavy damage to Steel and Rock-type Pokemon, as they resist Zangoose's Normal-type STABs. ("Close Combat on Zangoose" makes it seem like it is being attacked by Close Combat. Also, Zangoose can still hit Steel and Rock-types with Normal attacks, so I changed "hit" to "deal heavy damage".) Quick Attack is usually more useful than Zangoose since it Zangoose very rarely needs the attack boost from Swords Dance, and Toxic wears it down fast, as Quick Attack can be used in more situations. (Move this sentence after the other Quick Attack and Swords Dance sentence.)

Set Details
========

Zangoose's Nnature can depend on the rest of your team and what role you want it to play,. as Adamant maximizes its damage,(AC) while Jolly boosts its sSpeed. Jolly nature is preferred Wwith Swords Dance sets,(AC) since Zangoose's you in general want Jolly as your aAttack will be boosted regardless become excessively high and 4 attack sets can run either. Max sSpeed and aAttack EVs is self-explanatory to maximize its offensive stats Zangoose's offensive potential. Toxic Orb and Toxic Boost work together to boost Zangoose's mediocre aAttack stat for a physical attacker, and doubles Facade's power. (You said its Attack stat was impressive in the overview.)

Usage Tips
========

While using Zangoose, make sure to keep in mind that Zangoose needs a turn to get Toxic'ed become poisoned to be used most effectively. Effective ways to do so consist of using U-Turn'ing into and switching to Zangoose, finishing off weakened Pokemons with Zangoose, and predicting double switches. After being poisoned, Zangoose can freely switch into users Pokemon who that like to use status moves. Predicting switchins switch-ins for Zangoose is important,(AC) as ghost types Ghost-types don't take damage from neither Close Combat nor Facade. Zangoose's main jobs are is still to break walls, so keep it alive for as long as possible.

Team Options
========

Shuckle is a great teammate for Zangoose,(AC) since it works well with hazards up,(RC).(AP) especially webs Sticky Web since it allows Zangoose to outspeed almost everything that is eaffected by it and isn't holding Choice Scarf scarfed;,(AC) while Stealth Rock will constantly be doing damage as and Zangoose forces many switches a lot so Stealth Rock will constantly be doing damage. A strong special attacker,(AC) such as Delphox or Yanmega,(AC) will help Zangoose take out physical tanks,(AC) such as Doublade and Gligar,(AC) that can stall it for much poison damage and make it take a lot of Toxic Orb damage like Doublade and Gligar, so a partner like Delphox or Yanmega will work great with it. Pokemon with Volt Switch and Pokemon with or U-Turn,(AC) like such as Gligar or Rotom-C,(AC) give Zangoose the momentum to come in and get itself poisoned.

(Check out the following link for "like" and "such as" differences.
http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/like-versus-such-as )

Other Options
########

To set up more safely allow Toxic Orb's activation, Protect can be used,(AC) but it is just not worth wasting a move slot since move slots are so precious on Zangoose. Fire Punch can be used for extra coverage on Zangoose,(AC) but it is outclassed by Close Combat,(AC) except when other than hitting Escavalier, but it just isn't worth it. Taunt can be cool useful on Zangoose against Pokemon that like to set up,(AC) but Zangoose is way too frail to utilize it correctly.

Checks & Counters
########

**Doublade** Doublade tanks Zangoose's hits with its amazing bulk and can take it down with Iron Head.
**Faster Attackers** With Zangoose's low bulk, faster attackers can take out Zangoose without a problem. Strong priority moves also dispatch Zangoose, like such as Mach Punch or Sucker Punch.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
One of the best physical attackers in the tier, Zangoose is nothing to overlook. Its already impressive attack is doubled after Toxic Boost, making it one of the hardest hitters.

Toxic Boost is only a 1.5x boost, not a 2x boost, so fix that accordingly.

Implement everything i mentioned in my previous post seen here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/zangoose-qc-3-3-gp-0-2.3509943/#post-5544587 and you can call this officially QC Approved 3/3

Last edited:

Ender

pelagic
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey dawg,

I started to GP this but you really need to fix your overview. There are just so many sentences that add absolutely nothing to it and they aren't written very eloquently either. I can say the same thing that your overview is trying to convey in a single sentence:

Despite its frailty and poor defensive typing, Zangoose's decent Speed, wide movepool, impressive Attack, and access to Toxic Boost make it a force to be reckoned with in RU.

Obviously a single sentence is not sufficient for an overview, so if you're going to expand upon these things, do so in a way that links them together both logically and coherently and isn't redundant.

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi
you know colours
comments
Overview
########

OZangoose is nothing to overlook, as it is one of the best physical attackers in the tier, Zangoose is nothing to overlook.. dubious clause Its already impressive aAttack hi standards is increased after Toxic Boost, making it one of the hardest hitters. 90 Speed is decent in RU and allows Zangoose to outspeed a lot of threats. Zangoose's movepool greatly aids it as it allows Zangoose to hit pokemon that wall it hard. Toxic Boost, however, takes a turn to activate because of Toxic Orb, making Zangoose very vulnerable and not as powerful. Also, Zangoose's defensive typing isn't good since it has 0does not resist any moves and 1has only one immunity take note that "resists" in never a noun. Furthermore, Zangoose is also very frail so, which means that it gets taken out easily. Toxic Orb makes Zangoose get worn down very fast and easiquickly, and easily stalled out. With that being said no comma needed. Still, Zangoose is still one of the top threats this meta and definitely something to be careful of.

Toxic Orb Attacker
########

Moves
========

Facade makes Zangoose one of the hardest hitters in this meta, since Pas poison don't capitalize status boosts both Zangoose's attack and the power of this attack. Knock Off is keyimportant on Zangoose since it hits Ghost-type pPokemon very hard and can take offremove items that pester Zangoose. Quick Attack is a STAB priority move that hits pPokemon that are faster than it, and Swords Dance allows Zangoose to set up on Pokemons that cannot do much about it. Close Combat on Zangoose allows it to hit Steel- and Rock-type Pokemon, as they resist Zangoose's Normal-type STAB moves. Quick Attack is usually more useful than ZangoosSwords Dance lmao since it very rarely needs the aAttack boost and Toxic wears it down fastquickly, as Quick Attack can be used in more situations.

Set Details
========

Zangoose's Nnature can depend on the rest of your team and what role you want it to play, as an Adamant nature maximizes its damage while a Jolly one boosts its speed. With Swords Dance sets, you in generally want Jolly, as your aAttack will be boosted regardless, and 4 attack sets can run either of the natures. Max sSpeed and aAttack is self-explanatory to maximize its offensive stats. Toxic Orb and Toxic Boost work together to boost Zangoose's mediocre aAttack stat for a physical attacker, and doubles Facade's power.

Usage Tips
========

While using Zangoose, make sure to keep in mind that Zangoose needs a turn to get Toxic'ed to be used most effectively. Effective ways to do so consist of U-Tturn'ing into Zangoose, finishing off weakened Pokemons, and predicting double switches. After being poisoned, Zangoose can freely switch into users who like to useof status moves. Predicting switch-ins for Zangoose is important as gGhost -types don't take damage from neither Close Combat nor Facade. Zangoose's main jobs are still to break walls, so keep it alive for as long as possible.

Team Options
========

Shuckle is a great teammate for Zangoose since it works well with hazards up, especially wSticky Webs since it allows Zangoose to outspeed almost everything that is eaffected and isn't sa Choice Scarfed; user, and Zangoose forces switches a lot, so Stealth Rock will constantly be doing damage. A strong special attacker will help Zangoose take out physical tanks that can stall it and make it take a lot of Toxic Orb damage like Doublade and Gligar, so a partner like Delphox or Yanmega will work great with it. Pokemon with Volt Switch and Pokemon with U-Tturn like U-turn > U-Turn such as Gligar or Rotom-C give Zangoose the momentum to come in and get itself poisoned.

Other Options
########

To set up Toxic, Protect can be used but it is just not worth wasting a move slot since move slots are so precious ton Zangoose. Fire Punch can be used for coverage on Zangoose but it is outclassed by Close Combat other than hitting Escavalier, but it just isn't worth it. Taunt can be cool on Zangoose against Pokemon that like to set up but Zangoose is way too frail to utilize it correctly.

Checks & Counters
########

**Doublade** Doublade tanks Zangoose's hits with its amazing bulk and take it down with Iron Head.
**Faster Attackers** With Zangoose's low bulk, faster attackers can take out Zangoose without a problem ease. Strong priority moves also dispatsuch Zangoose, like Mach Punch or Sucker Punch also dispatch Zangoose.

gp 1/2
ender sucks

Last edited:
AM check

Remove
Add
Comments

Overview
########

Zangoose is nothing to overlook, as it is one of the best physical attackers in the tier. Its already impressive Attack is increased after Toxic Boost, making it one of the hardest hitters. (Redundant) and its base 90 Speed is decent in RU, (AC) and allowsing Zangoose to outspeed a lot of threats. Zangoose's movepool greatly aids it as it allows Zangoose to hit pokemon that wall it its checks (The original phrasing wasn't very clear. Also, if a Pokemon can be hit hard by what it's supposed to wall, perhaps it's better to call it a check) hard. Toxic Boost, however, takes a turn to activate because of Toxic Orb, making Zangoose very vulnerable and not as powerful. Zangoose's defensive typing isn't good since it has 0 no resists resistances and 1 only one immunity. Also, Zangoose's defensive typing isn't good since it does not resist?s and has only one immunity. Furthermore, Zangoose is very frail, not to mention that which means that it gets taken out easily.(This is implied by its frailty and thus unnecessary, in my opinion) Toxic Orb makes Zangoose it get worn down very quickly and easily stalled out. Still, Zangoose is still one of the top threats this meta and definitely something to be careful I think "wary" would sound better here of.

Toxic Orb Attacker
########

Moves
========

Facade makes Zangoose one of the hardest hitters in this meta the RU metagame, as poison boosts both Zangoose's aAttack and the power of this attack move (Done to avoid repetition). Knock Off is important on Zangoose since it hits Ghost-type Pokemon very hard and can remove items that pester Zangoose Providing an example of such items would offer more clarity. Quick Attack is a STAB priority move that hits Pokemon that are faster than it, (RC) and Swords Dance allows Zangoose to set up on Pokemon that cannot do much about harm it. Close Combat on Zangoose allows it to hit Steel- and Rock-type Pokemon, as they resist Zangoose's Normal-type STAB moves. Quick Attack is usually more useful than Swords Dance since it Zangoose very rarely needs the Attack boost and Toxic poison damage wears it down quickly, as Quick Attack can be used in more situations.

Set Details
========

Zangoose's nature can depends on the rest of your team and what the role you want it to play, as an Adamant nature maximizes its damage output while a Jolly one boosts its speed. With Swords Dance sets, you generally want Jolly, as your Attack will be boosted regardless, (AC) whereas and 4 attack sets sets with four attacking moves can run either of the natures. Max Speed and Attack is self-explanatory to maximize its offensive stats renders Zangoose as fast and hard-hitting as possible. Toxic Orb and Toxic Boost work together to boost Zangoose's mediocre Attack stat for a physical attacker, and to doubles Facade's (Add apostrophe) power.

Usage Tips
========

While using Zangoose, make sure to keep in mind that Zangoose it needs a turn to get Toxiced poisoned to be used most effectively. Effective ways to do so consist of U-turning into Zangoose, finishing off weakened Pokemon, and predicting double switches. After being poisoned, Zangoose can freely switch into users of status moves act as a status absorber. Predicting switch-ins for Zangoose is important as Ghost-types don't take damage from either are immune to Close Combat or and Facade. Zangoose's main jobs are still to break walls is wallbreaking, so keep it alive for as long as possible.

Team Options
========

Shuckle Perhaps you can find a Pokemon that is not banned that fulfills a similar role to list here. Otherwise, this and the next two sentences have to go. is a great teammate for Zangoose,(AC) since as it can set hazards to aid the latter. Sticky Web is especially helpful, as works well with hazards up, especially Sticky Web since it allows Zangoose to outspeed almost everything that is affected and isn't a Choice Scarf user, and. (Add period) Furthermore, as Zangoose forces a lot of switches a lot, so Stealth Rock will constantly be doing damage. A strong special attacker will help Zangoose take out physical tanks that can stall it and make it take a lot of Toxic Orb damage like Doublade and Gligar, so a partner like Delphox or Yanmega will work great with it. Pokemon with Volt Switch and Pokemon with or U-turn, (AC) such as Gligar or Rotom-C,(AC) give Zangoose the momentum opportunity to come in and get itself poisoned.
Other Options
########

To set up Toxic, Protect can be used but it tends to be a waste of a moveslot is just not worth wasting a move slot since move slots are so precious to Zangoose. Fire Punch can be used for coverage on Zangoose but, (AC) aside from hitting Escavalier, (AC) it is outclassed by Close Combat other than hitting Escavalier, but it just isn't worth it. Taunt can be useful cool on Zangoose against Pokemon that like to set up,(AC) but Zangoose is way too frail to utilize it correctly effectively.

Checks & Counters
########

**Doublade**
: (Add colon) Doublade tanks Zangoose's hits with its amazing bulk and can take it down with Iron Head.
[space]
**Faster Attackers**: (Add colon) With Zangoose's low bulk, faster attackers can take it out Zangoose with ease. Strong priority moves such as Mach Punch or Sucker Punch also dispatch of Zangoose.

Last edited:
AM Check

Add
Remove
Comments

Overview
########

Zangoose is nothing to overlook, as it is one of the best physical attackers in the tier. Its already impressive Attack is increased after Toxic Boost, making it one of the hardest hitters. Base 90 Speed is decent in RU and allows Zangoose to outspeed a lot of threats. Zangoose's movepool greatly aids it as it allows Zangoose to hit pokemon that would otherwise wall it hard (They can't wall it if it already can hit them). Toxic Boost, however, takes a turn to activate because of Toxic Orb, making Zangoose very vulnerable and not as powerful. Zangoose's defensive typing isn't good since it has 0 no resistsances and 1 only one immunity. Also, Zangoose's defensive typing isn't good since it does not resist?s and has only one immunity. (Probably just an implementing error)Furthermore, Zangoose is very frail, which means that it gets taken out easily is usually fainted a lot quicker. The Poison damage from the Toxic Orb makes Zangoose get worn down very quickly and easily stalled out. Still Despite all of this, Zangoose is still one of the top threats in this metagame and definitely something to be careful of (Better word options such as "something to prepare for" would be better here).

Toxic Orb Attacker
########

Moves
========

Facade makes Zangoose is what makes Zangoose one of the hardest hitters in thise metagame, as poison boosts both Zangoose's attack and the power of this attack. Knock Off is important on Zangoose since it hits Ghost-type Pokemon very (Unnecessary) hard and can remove items that pester Zangoose. (Example) Quick Attack is a STAB priority move that hits Pokemon that are faster than it outspeed (I'd mention revenge killing), and Swords Dance allows Zangoose to set up on Pokemon that cannot do much about it to Zangoose ('about it' is kinda vague). Close Combat on Zangoose allows it Zangoose to hit Steel- and Rock-type Pokemon, as they both resist Zangoose's Normal-type STAB moves. Quick Attack is usually more useful than Swords Dance since it very rarely needs the Attack boost and Toxic wears it down quickly (I don't get why this last bit is here?), asnd Quick Attack can be used in more situations.

Set Details
========

Zangoose's nature can depend on the rest of your team (You didn't mention this anywhere else, elaborate or cut it out) and what role you want it to play, as an. (AP) An Adamant nature maximizes its Zangoose's damage output, (AC) while a Jolly one nature boosts its speed. With Swords Dance sets, you generally want a Jolly nature, as your Attack will be boosted regardless. (AP) and 4 attack sets All-Out-Attacker sets can run either of the natures Jolly or Adamant. Max Speed and Attack is self-explanatory to maximize its offensive stats. Toxic Orb poisons Zangoose, and activating Toxic Boost work together to which boosts Zangoose's mediocre (It's not mediocre at all ?_?)Attack stat for a physical attacker, ands well as doublesing Facades power.

Usage Tips
========

Whilen using Zangoose, make sure to keep in mind that Zangoose needs a turn to get Toxiced to be used most effectively poisoned by the Toxic Orb in order to reach its max potential ('Toxiced' isn't a word, and 'to be used most effectively' is just kind awkward). The most effective ways to do so make a free turn for Zangoose consist of are U-turning into Zangoose, finishing off weakened Pokemon, and predicting double switches. After being poisoned, Zangoose can freely switch into users of status moves. Predicting switch-ins for into Zangoose is important as Ghost-types don't take damage from either Close Combat or Facade. Zangoose's main jobs are still is to break walls, so keep it alive for as long as possible.

Team Options
========

Shuckle is a great teammate for Zangoose since it works well with hazards up, especially Sticky Web since it allows Zangoose to outspeed almost everything that is affected and isn't a Choice Scarf user, and Zangoose forces switches a lot, so Stealth Rock will constantly be doing damage. (Dude Shuckle is banned, change this to another Sticky Web user or just get rid of it) A strong sSpecial attackers will help Zangoose take out physical tanks that can would otherwise stall it and make it take a lot of rack up Toxic Orb damage like Doublade and Gligar (Zangoose anally penetrates both of these with Knock Off, suggest something like Escavalier and then move it before "that would otherwise"), so a partner like Delphox or Yanmega will work great with it. Pokemon with access to Volt Switch and Pokemon with or U-turn such as Gligar or Rotom-C give Zangoose the momentum to come in and get itself poisoned.

Other Options
########

To set up Toxic, Protect can be used to create a free turn for Toxic but it's is just not worth wasting a moveslot since moveslots are so precious to Zangoose doesn't have a free moveslot. Fire Punch can be used for coverage on Zangoose but it is outclassed by Close Combat other thanutside of hitting Escavalier, but it just isn't worth it. Taunt can be cool used on Zangoose against Pokemon that like to set up, (AC) but Zangoose is way too frail to utilize it correctly.

Checks & Counters
########

**Doublade**: (Add Colon) Doublade tanks Zangoose's hits with its amazing bulk and can take it down with Iron Head.

**Faster Attackers**: (Add Colon) With Zangoose's low bulk, faster attackers outspeed Zangoose and can take it out Zangoose with ease. Strong priority moves such as Mach Punch or Sucker Punch also dispatch Zangoose (Priority should probably get its own section).

Remember Shuckle is banned, so be extra careful with team options =)

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
EnerG218 I can't really stamp this in total good faith as it's not exactly easy to see errors when there's a bunch of changes, but implement the most recent and get back to me, I can check it then.

Am check :]
(Sorry if I'm working over Mysteria or anything; this is more for my own practice than anything)

Overview
########

Zangoose is nothing to overlook, as it is one of the best physical attackers in the tier. Its already impressive Attack stat is increased after Toxic Boost, making it one of the hardest hitters hit extremely hard. 90 Speed is decent in RU and allows Zangoose to outspeed a lot of threats. (Such as?) Zangoose's movepool greatly aids it as it allows Zangoose it to hit pokemon that wall it hard. (Such as?) Toxic Boost, however, takes a turn to activate because of Toxic Orb, making Zangoose very vulnerable and not as powerful on its first hit. In addition, (AC) Zangoose's defensive typing isn't good, (AC) since as it has 0 resists zero resistances and only one 1 immunity. Also, Zangoose's defensive typing isn't good since it does not resist?s and has only one immunity. Furthermore, (RC) Zangoose is also very frail, which means that meaning it gets can get taken out easily. Lastly, Toxic Orb makes Zangoose get worn wears Zangoose down very quickly and leaves it easily stalled out. Still, Zangoose is still one of the top threats this meta in RU and is definitely something to be careful of.

Toxic Orb Attacker
########
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd / 4 Def

Moves
========

Facade makes Zangoose one of the hardest hitters in this meta the metagame, as poison boosts both Zangoose's attack and the power of this attack Facade. Knock Off is an important move for on Zangoose, (AC) since as it hits Ghost-type Pokemon very hard and can remove items that pester Zangoose. (Such as?) Quick Attack is a STAB priority move that hits Pokemon that are faster than it, and while Swords Dance allows Zangoose to set up on Pokemon that cannot do much about it such as (List mons that it can set up on here). Close Combat on Zangoose allows it Zangoose to hit Steel- and Rock-type Pokemon, as they resist Zangoose's Normal-type STAB moves. Quick Attack is usually more useful than Swords Dance since because it very rarely needs the Attack boost and Toxic wears it down quickly, (AP) , (RC) as Quick Attack also has many more uses can be used in more situations.

Set Details
========

Zangoose's nature can depend on the rest of your team and what role you want it to play. (AP) , (RC) as an An Adamant nature maximizes its damage output while a Jolly one nature boosts its speed Speed. With If Swords Dance sets is being run, you generally want a Jolly is preferred, as your Attack will be boosted regardless. (AP) and 4 The four attack sets can run either of the natures depending on whether or not the user wants to hit hard or fast. Max Maximum Speed and Attack investment is self-explanatory to maximize its offensive stats. Toxic Orb and Toxic Boost work together to boost Zangoose's mediocre good Attack stat for a physical attacker, (RC) and to dangerous levels while also doubles doubling Facades power. (You mentioned Zangoose has a mediocre Attack stat here, but in the overview you said it was good. I changed it accordingly, though if you feel it's incorrect feel free to change it.)

Usage Tips
========

While using Zangoose, make sure to keep in mind that Zangoose it needs a turn to get Toxiced poisoned to be used most effectively effective. Effective ways to do so consist of U-turning into Zangoose, finishing off weakened Pokemon, and predicting double switches. After being poisoned, Zangoose can freely switch into users of status moves. Predicting switch-ins for Zangoose is important, (AC) as Ghost-types don't take damage from either both Close Combat or and Facade. Zangoose's main jobs are job is still to break walls, so try to keep it alive for as long as possible.

Team Options
========

Shuckle is a great teammate for Zangoose since it works well with hazards up, especially Sticky Web since it allows Zangoose to outspeed almost everything that is affected and isn't a Choice Scarf user, and Zangoose forces switches a lot, so Stealth Rock will constantly be doing damage. (Banned; Omastar or Accelgor would probably work better here) A strong special attacker will help helps Zangoose take out physical tanks that can stall for Toxic Orb damage it and make it take a lot of Toxic Orb damage like Doublade and Gligar, so a partner like making Delphox or Yanmega will work great partners with it. Pokemon with Volt Switch and Pokemon with U-turn such as Rotom-C and Gligar or Rotom-C give Zangoose the momentum to come in and get itself poisoned. (Yanmega will also probably go soon so it should probably be replaced as well.)

Other Options
########

To set up Toxic, (RC) Protect can be used to ensure Zagoose will get poisoned, but it is just not worth wasting a move slot moveslot for, (AC) since as Zangoose's move slots other moves are all very important so precious to Zangoose. Fire Punch can be used for coverage on Zangoose to hit Escavalier, but it is generally outclassed by Close Combat other than hitting Escavalier, but it just isn't worth it. Taunt can be cool on Zangoose against helpful Pokemon that like to set up, (AC) but Zangoose is way much too frail to utilize it correctly effectively.

Checks & Counters
########

**Doublade**: (Add Colon) Doublade tanks Zangoose's hits with its amazing bulk and can take it down out with Iron Head.
(Add Space Here)
**Faster Attackers**: (Add Colon) With Zangoose's low bulk, faster attackers (Such as?) can take out Zangoose with ease. Strong priority moves such as Mach Punch or and Sucker Punch can also dispatch Zangoose.

(I'd highly recommend giving **Priority**: its own section)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)