Zanka no Tachi

"The Sun is like a Magnificent Father"

Hey there, The Silent Storm here, I know that the majority of teams here in RMT Forum is a Sun now that Genesect is released, but bear(d) with me, after the EPIC chapter 507 of Bleach I couldn't resist it... Yamamoto is my favorite character in Bleach, some might say that he is THE Shinigami, and after seeing Yama's bankai I was inspired to create a Sun Team with Volcarona, and btw, Sun is my least favorite weather so... you can see the magic in it!
By fighting at PS I was able to understand the so called ''standard volturn sun team'' which is something like dugtrio+genesect+ninetales+xatu a core created in order to win the Weather War against opposing teams, and at the same time block the entry hazards, I decided to start with this ''idea'' of core for my team, it was inevitable that in the end I decided to change some things in order to fit my playstyle, and as such, without further adeu, I present you the team ''Zanka no Tachi''

Zaraki (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Why the name: this is a no brainer (lol pun) Zaraki Kenpachi is the captain of the eleven division, a division focused only on brute fight without magic (kido in Bleach) as such cbnite, usually one of the two openers if there is weather (the other is of course Genesect) with it's unnatural attack is the better fit for the name
Why he's here: Cbnite is probably the best cb user in the game right now, even though Mamoswine it's becoming more popular, Nite combination of attacks, strong 134 base atk, and the great ability in multiscale is one of the greates 'mon in the Metagame right now, and to top it off, he has extremespeed which can help me pickin' off weakened foe that could literally sweep me, so all in all, Dragonite has 2 roles here, early game wallbreaker (yeah, even though he has only physical moves lolz and revengekiller in a pinch, oh, he's also one of my answer against the rising shed shell heatran.

Ichigo (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 162 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Why the name: Ichigo Kurosaki is the protagonist of Bleach, he's a substitute Shinigami who, in times of need gives an hand to Soul Society, what does Donphan do? Gives an hand to my team by setting up Stealth Rocks and spinning opposing ones.

Why he's here: Remember when I said that I ''decided to change some things in the sun volturn core? Donphan is one.
I'm not confident in Espeon and Xatu's ability of bouncing back Stealth Rocks, mainly because beasts like Heatran and Tyranitar who have an easy time against most sun teams can scare them off, and set up then with no problem, and at that point, you are seriously in trouble, as such I opted for having a rapid spinner, that at the same time was able to use both Rapid Spin and Stealth Rocks, the choice were 3 (Forretress, Claydol, Donphan) but I decided for Donphy, with some speed evs to speed creep Jellicent (Is he even used tbh?) and Tyranitar, Ice Shard helps me against ddnite and Scarfmence (after sr, that is) who are really a pain in the ass.

Spirit King (Ninetales) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Pain Split

Why the name: Haha, Ninetales and Genesect were the hardest to think, but, the Gotei 13... which Yama is part of it, why are they fighitng? To protect the balance of souls, and the Spirit King! So the Spirit King has to be an important piece in my team, exactly like a king or queen in chess... who better fit than Ninetales, the reason sun teams are possible? (please, don't say Vulpix :x)

Why she's here: obligatory Ninetales is obligatory, eh? Well she's not total trash like some people thinks, in bw2 she gains pain split, and Substitute+Pain Split has alwais been one of my favorite ''combo'' since dp with Rotom-a (back then when he was a ghost >_>) Wow is there to burn and nerf stuff (who in the world am I kidding, that thing never hits) and flame for stuff, and yes, no fail blast, wow is enough to make me angry.

Aizen (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
Why the name: Aizen (another of my favorite character, if somebody cares, uuuh, nobody right) was the previous main villain of Bleach, right now he's been ''put on a bus'' sealed in Godknowswhere without powers.
Aizen shikai, and main ability is the ''Complete Hypnosis'' to quote him:
Complete Hypnosis controls the five senses to the point that it can make the target misinterpret another person's form, shape, mass, feel and smell to be that of the ''enemy'' in other words you could make a dragon out of a fly and a field of flower out of a swamp in the eyes of the hypnotized''
Now, where to fit Genesect... U-turn is a very sneaky move, it attacks the enemy, but at the same time, you are ''invulnerable'' against the enemy in the same turn you use that move (if you are faster of course) I admit that Weavile or Zoroark would have been a better fit for Aizen, but, eeeh, I don't think they would be useful in this team.

Why he's here: Aye, Genesect is the glue of the team, steel+bug is a good tipyng that gives you just one weakness and a hell of resistance, now, someone might say ''WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU HAVE FLAMETHROWER WTF'' and I agree that the thing is strange at first, but hp ground is a way to deal with the rising shed shell heatran, which is capable of destroying me without some precautions, for the rest, standard and good old ''boltbeam'' combination+ U-turn for early game scouting and immediate momentum.

Yamamoto (Volcarona) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

Why the name: Yamamoto is the most powerful Shinigami in existence, nobody can rival him in power at the moment, Yama zanpakuto is a flame type, it's bankai (zanpakuto final form) has the same FRIGGIN' POWER OF THE SUN) the bankai is capable to evaporate things at a great distance, there is no way that Yama can be stopped minus plotkai, and Volcarona, once he start to setup, well, they aren't many things outside of Terrakion that can stop him, roost is also a way to show Yama's endurance.

Why he's here: Volcarona is the star of the team, the main (and only ok lolz) sweeper, and the finisher, in my opinion he's the best sun abuser, thanks to Quiver Dance, sun, and Already scary Special Attack, the only problem is the weakness to sr, but owell, nobody is perfect, right?

Opie (Gothitelle) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SAtk / 212 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
Why the name: Kirgie Opie is one of the ''Vandereich'' (Invisible Empire, a very cool name btw) he has the letter J for Jail, Kirgie trapped Ichigo before he could reach Soul Society to help the Shinigami against the Quincy Threat, so you may say that Opie is the ''Trapper'' of the quincy.
Why he's here: this is another tweak from the ''standard volturn sun'' I think that dugtrio, while he's very good in the meta (or perhaps broken if he supports stuff like subcmjirachi, immortal tornadus-t etc. But Dugtrio is fragile, and doesn't help much against Politoed, who is as of now the first in usage (yikes) I needed something else, that focused against the rain, more than sand like dugtrio does (also, dugtrio doesn't really help against Hippowdown...) so Gotithelle was the choice.
Goti is quite underrated and I don't really understand why, now that the weather wars has raged even more, winning them is a big point in the battle, Gotithelle can help you do so just like dugtrio, if not more (sadly, Goti doesn't learn Stealth Rock, but since sr after the BW2 tutor is obtained by... meh, kinda everyione, in contrast of Rapid Spin >_>) I encourage you to try Gotithelle, you won't be disappointed.
Now, on to the set, Goti has enough speed evs to outrun Specstoed and take him down with thunderbolt, max satk for added power, the rest goes to hp, in order to gain some bulkyness from random attack.

And that's the team, if anybody is interested to try it out, please, feel free, and report me some things you would change
Zaraki (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Ichigo (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Spirit King (Ninetales) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Pain Split

Aizen (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

Opie (Gothitelle) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SAtk / 212 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

Personal conclusion of the Metagame from a woodlurker: After my experience in po, ps, random tournament and such, I think that they are too much threats to cover, and a team only has 6 slots, of course, there is no perfect team, not at all, but to make an example, in DPPt a great deal of team are weak against Starmie or SubsplitGar, but they have always a way to deal with them, here, if you prepare against threat x (let's say, rain, yeah)
you will be raped by threat y (hmm, sun) I'm starting to think that ''diversity'' while it's normally good for a metagame could be the greatest downfall for a competitive game, that's why I support BKC and Yee's suggestion to ban Rain, Sun, and Deo-d, but of course, everyone is entitled with their own opinion, and this opinions should all be respected.

AAAAAAAAAAAAnd, that's the team, to conclude this, I strongly suggest you to read Bleach, you won't regret it.

Hey there.
I like the combination of Dragonite and Volcarona in sun teams. Althoug u may try some different sets: Use HP[Ground] Volc ( just go modest, and full full) and DD-Nite with firepunsh,dd,outrage and xspeed. So now you may use your volcarona as Heatran lure, eliminate it and open the sweep for your dnite.

I also do not see the point of gothitelle. As you do not like Duggy as a trapper, u may give SD-Virizion a try. With Leafblade, Close Combat and Stoneedge it hits every weather introducer very hard and helps you to win the weather war. It is also a one man army against rainstall ( u want to give it lum berry, to take a scald without having to worry about a burn).

If you changed the Hp ground to Volc, you could also give Genesect the Flamethrower back, which is a good weapon under the sun.

Hope i helped.

hi there, cool team :D
i think that gothitelle with hp fighting to trap ttar is a nice idea , a sort of antimetagame thing. anyway you are a little weak to politoed, so i would suggest you a specially defensive version of ninetales. i also agree with yoour opinions about the meta right now, there is too much diversity which is no good because u obviously cant cover everything with just 6 slots,,,

Thank you everyone for the posts (and Ludvsc!)
So...
@sebixxl
Interesting suggestions, however, cbnite and ddnite plays very different roles, I'll consider hp ground on Volcarona, it might come in handy, althrough losing recovery is kinda a let down.
Gotithelle is capable to trap politoed (and weakened ttar in order to finish them off with gotithelle, which works quite good, since nobody is expecting hp fighting from a specs gotithelle) while Virizion, althrough a great weather check isn't capable of doing so.

@Skill Swap
Thank you very much! It's also nice to find someone who shares your ideas, i'll try special defensive Ninetales and see how it works out.
@Dave Italia
Thank you, althrough I'm not the dragon from SuperMario :x
Feel free to try it, and if you were to change something, let me know!

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello, my fellow Bleach afocionado! I love the name of the team and its use of Volcarona. However, there are still some threats that can and will demolish your team. Heatran is one of those threats. It can come in on most of your team members and force switches with its powerful Fire-type moves (or in the case of Dragonite, HP Ice). Using those switches, it can batter your team around with powerful moves. None of your team members will be too keen on switching in on a boosted Fire Blast. Therefore, I'd recommend the use of an offensive LO Volcarona over your current variant. This change, while it may come at the cost of recovery and longevity, ultimately will help you deal with Heatran better than how you currently deal with it, due to its access to HP Ground coming from a higher Special Attack. This also frees up a slot on your Genesect. While many are suggesting Flamethrower over HP Ground, I'd recommend trying out Explosion instead. This gives you the opportunity to get a powerful last hit on various problem Pokemon and give a free switch-in opportunity to a teammate, at the cost of its own life.

Some nitpicks. For Donphan, I'd recommend the use of an EV spread of 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def. This spread grants Donphan quite a bit more defense than your current spread, which is important if you're using it to take on offensive behemoths such as Tyranitar and Salamence. Speed creeping Jellicent with Donphan is irrelevant since it can burn and block all of its spinning attempts. Also, as you mentioned, Jellicent's use is down. For Ninetales, I'd recommend an EV spread of 248 HP / 140 SpD / 120 Spe with a Calm nature. This gives your Ninetales the ability to switch into Stealth Rock 4 times while retaining 1 HP. This also comes in handy when creating subs. 120 Speed EVs give Ninetales the convenient ability to outpace max Speed Cloyster and Dragonite and cripple them with a burn. This is a very small nitpick, but Genesect should've been nicknamed Shinji, since Sakanade flips the opponent's perceptions, and U-turn flips Genesect out, allowing you to bring in another team member in. Sakanade's ability also can be used in a supportive role, much like how U-turn is used. A summarized list of changes can be seen below.

Set:

Yamamoto | Volcarona (M) @ Life Orb | Flame Body
Modest | 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe | 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
Quiver Dance | Fire Blast | Bug Buzz | Hidden Power Ground

Nitpicks:

Hidden Power Ground ----> Explosion
Aizen ----> Shinji

252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe Timid ----> 248 HP / 140 SpD / 120 Spe Calm

160 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe Adamant ----> 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def Impish

For Volcarona, you can opt to use Fiery Dance over Fire Blast, but this will come with a massive loss of power. With that said, good luck with your team! Luvdisc'd.

Bryce

Lun
Hey,there.nice to see a team themed after Bleach which is my favorite anime.I'd say you replace Hp Ground for flamethrower on Genesect and give Volcarona and/or Ninetails HP Ground.Volcarona could use a more Offensive set,since the current bulky one can cause you to lose momentum sometimes which would trouble a Offensive team like yours.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Nice team. I was really confused when I saw your donphan had speed EVs, but I like the idea of using an offensive Donphan to combat dragons and spinblockers better.

Your team can have problems with Mamoswine and Heatran. Timid Heatran can outspeed and ohko your entire team (with stealth rock support to break sturdy/multiscale) bar Genesect, but locking yourself into HP Ground to beat it is going to leave you very vulnerable. Mamoswine may not be able to outright OHKO everything on your team, but it can deal a lot of damage and can really pick apart your team. you don't really have anything to take a hit from it.

I'm not too sure of how to deal with Mamoswine other than let your Dragonite die to it, so you don't lose multiple pokemon to a predicted EQ or something. Replacing a pokemon on your team willl change the entire dynamic of your team and I don't want to do that.

To better combat Mamoswine and Heatran, I would make Volcarona offensive. At the moment your Volcarona is outsped by Jolly Mamoswine and is capable of taking it out with stone edge easily or deal major damage to it with an EQ. If you make it more offensive you handle heatran a lot better; Heatran would only be able to switch into Genesect's Ice Beams, Gothitelle, and Ninetales. Giving Heatran additional switch-ins while using sun is not the best idea.

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

I honestly can't understand why this thread isn't locked. There is almost no description on the sets, except the useless essay on why he chose the nickname of each Pokémon.

This is a great team, but I don't think that should keep him from posting teams according to the guidelines. If the newcomers and noobs get their thread locked from having too short descriptions, I think this thread should too.

Just saying.

Thank you everyone for the rates (and rock on Bleach :x)
@PalacePlayers
Personally I see teams that have even less space open, I'll give you that Ninetales, Volcarona and Genesect descriptions are kinda lacking but that's because Ninetales is the only available sun setter, so there isn't very much to say, Genesect was already explained in the intro, being a part of the ''trapping core'' and Volcarona was the sweeper, who didn't need a great description.
So, it seems everyone is suggesting hp ground Volcarona, I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
I've never seen explosion Genesect, but since he has download it has piqued my interest, I'll definitely give it a try!
The only doublt for me is actually Donphan, without max atk and adamant nature he usually ends up being dead weight.
Thanks again everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)