Zapdos Moveset

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a good moveset for Zapdos? I've made a couple but can't stick to one.

Zapdos

Substitute
Roost
Thunder Bolt
Baton Pass

Zapdos

Drill Peck
Thunder Bolt
Subtutute
Thunder Wave

Zapdos

Thunder Bolt
Light Screen
Roost
Thunder Wave/Substitute

Zapdos

Thunder
Drill Peck
Substitute
Roost

Also what are your thought of Zapdos in the D/P? Better? The Same? and where do you think it lies in the tiers?

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Zapdos should stay in OU, as it is still a very powerful attacker and one of the very few reliable counters to Togekiss. Why didn't you even mention HP Ice/Grass?

Yes, zapdos pretty much needs hp ice or grass, because with just tbolt/drill peck it'll be walled by any rock/ground type pretty much. Hp ice is good for dragons and other 4x weak and hp grass is good for nailing swampert who otherwise presents some problems.

For the best sets in general i would say the two best are restalk zapdos and baton passing zapdos.

I'm really liking the look of this:

Nature: Modest
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/136 Special Attack/120 Defense
- Roost
- Thunder
- Hidden Power Grass
- Metal Sound

Whats HP Ice and where can you get it?
Hidden Power (Ice Type). For an explanation on what determines the power and type of hidden power, go here: http://serebii.net/games/hidden-power.shtml.

How does BP work?
Baton Pass sends any changes in stats caused by moves such as Calm Mind, Agility, Curse, or Growl from the pokemon using baton pass to another pokemon, which will then become your new active pokemon. Certain other effects can also be baton passed, including Leech Seed and Substitutes.

Thanks would It be smart to run a type a team like this?

Zapdos
Manaphy
Infernape
Gliscor
Cresselia
Gyarados/Electivire

And forthelast what should it be?

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I suggest you lurk a bit more before trying to post a team, and get an idea of what all the moves do; especially stuff like Baton Pass and Hidden Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)