ORAS Ubers Zek OP (balanced team peaked #10)

Is Zekrom viable in ORAS ?

• Yes

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
Hello guys, my name is Didoy75, let me show you the best Uber team I made in OR/AS.
I've really enjoyed using it mid and high ladder and hope, if you wanna play my team, that you will enjoy too :).

One day, somebody told me to peak 10th with an Uber team, under certain conditions:

1) Without playing Groudon-Primal (70% usage o_o)
2) Without using priority attacks (Prankster allowed)

I added a third condition: proving to everybody that Zekrom is still a good poke in ORAS.

And I accepted the challenge.

Attached files

Lets begin:
Of course, I'll play, once more, Zekrom. He has lost in ORAS because of Primal-Groudon, but I really wanted to play it. It works as my Sleep absorber, as my fastest poke, as my win condition, and as a decent stallbreaker.

Zekrom being a set up bait for Groudon-Primal, I needed something to deal with it, so I chose Groundceus. It also works as a T-Wave absorber, and a consistant check to M-Diancie, M-Salamence and Rayquaza. It supports the team with Defog.

I was weak to E-Killer, Lati@s and Kyogre-Primal, so I chose to play Ferrothorn, my SR setter.
I also really like Leech Seed support but I didn't want to play Skymin.

A balanced team need 3 stallers, and I was destroyed by GeoXern, that's why i had to play Klefki. Spikes support is so good on balance, and Prankster was really mandatory in my team, cause I don't use Priorities, it serves as a status abuser too.

This defensive core checks every relevant sweeper in Uber except Ho-Oh. Using Arceus-Ground, I couldn't use Rockceus, so I chose Salamence, that also help a lot dealing with E-Killer.
It is the second part of the offensive core, serve as a setup sweeper thanks to DD, but it also serves defensively.

I wanted something to lure PDon and kill it without problems, so I chose CM PKyogre, that also help killing Latis and Ferro.

It is the team :)

Team at a glance:

Team Details:

Zekrom

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Claw
- Sleep Talk

I really like this guy, it is so good at doing his job: spamming Bolt Btrike late game.
Classic EVs spread, Naughty nature because Naive isn't needed to outspeed any relevant poke imo.
Bolt Strike: His main STAB, destroying many pokes in the game.
Volt Switch to gain momentum.
Dragon Claw instead of Outrage to dont be locked on a dragon move.
Sleep Talk cause I need a Sleep Absorber.

Usage Tips:

Most of the time, clicking Bolt Strike is the best choice. But if your opponent has PDon or Arceus-Ground, you'll have to double switch. If the opponent has Ferrothorn or Dialga, just Volt Switch.

Arceus-Ground

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Recover

His main job is to stop Salamence and Groudon.
100 Spe allow it to outspeed 100 Speed BS and Latias (176 Spe EVs Timid)
Judgment is Arceus' main STAB. Ice Beam let you OHKO Rayquaza and MMence. Defog is very important in my team and in every strategic team (imo HO isn't strategy).
Recover for obvious reasons.

Usage Tips:

Often my lead against PDon or Dialga.
The EVs let me take PDon's and Salamence's hits and KO them back.
Try to avoid status on it (vs Lava Plume PDon, Salamence is a better check).
Try to double switch if your opponent has Ho-Oh, or even Lugia.

Ferrothorn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gyro Ball is so cool to threaten Fairies and to pressure Lati@s, it hits Klefki a lot if you are paralyzed.
SR is mandatory on every teams. Leech Seed is a very nice support move, that also pressure sweepers.
Protect is nice to better switch on Choice Band Ho-Oh and to recover more health in junction with Lefties and Leech Seed.

Usage Tips:

Very nice check to Lati@s, EKiller and Kyogre-Primal.
Switch in when you see them. Try to double switch when your opponent has a Ferrothorn (it is hard to kill ).

Klefki

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Spikes

Classic EVs that let me check GeoXern & others.
Spikes support is really helpful.
Play Rough to don't be Taunt bait and to deal decent damages to Xerneas and Dragons.

Usage Tips:

Best switch to Lati@s early game to spread status on opposing PDon, etc.
Don't switch in on +2 Xerneas, or it will be harder to kill (Aromatherapy Geomancy Xerneas with Focus Blast 6-0 my team cause I can't OHKO it & I don't have priorities except Prankster) without sacking many pokes.

Salamence-Mega

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 96 Def / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh
- Roost

I know, the EVs are strange. 40 Attack EVs with an Adamant nature allow me to 2HKO GeoXerneas and Jolly EKiller. 124 Spe is just enough to outspeed 90 BS like Primals. The rest goes in bulk to better take Ho-Oh's & PDon's hits.
Classic set with Refresh to don't care about status from Klefki, Ho-Oh, Support Arceus, and PDon.

Usage Tips:

Only switch in on Ho-Oh, EKiller (try to keep Intimidate for it) and defensive PDon. Be careful, with rocks up, Ho-Oh will hurt you a lot. Be also careful of Stone Edge EKiller.

Kyogre-Primal

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Calm Mind

I really love this mon.
120 Spe to outspeed 44 Spe EVs GeoXern and is also for speed creeping.
Classic CM Set with Origin Pulse that hurt everything very hard at +1. Ice Beam is a good coverage move and it hurts Dragons.
Ah, HP Ground is so important on Primal-Ogre imo (Thunder only hurts opposing PKyogre) to OHKO opposing PDon after a bit of prior damages.

Usage Tips:

Come after your opponent killed something in your team and attack (early game) or setup (mid & late game) to kill is common checks like Latias, Ferro and PDon.
Don't use HP Ground early game, surprising the opponent is very important to lure PDon.

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Claw
- Sleep Talk

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Calm Mind

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 96 Def / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh
- Roost

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Spikes

Thanks dabroyo for the name of the RMT :). Nice guy :)
Lemonade. your help with my previous rmt helped me making this team
PISTOLERO, aim, Tom Bus I like your videos :)
Plulax You helped me with my last team too.
I really wanna play against you fren :)

Steal this team and enjoy
playing with :)

Hope my english isn't too bad.

Rates would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

Last edited:

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Hello Didoy75, me and Lemonade. discussed your team for quite a while as it is nice to see Zekrom being used, and we came up with a couple of changes (sorry if I snipe you Lemonade.). The following sets are what we came up with:

Arceus @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

+

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Dragon Tail / Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

OR

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh
- Roost

Wallceus instead of Arceus-Ground, this checks Salamence, Rayquaza, and can Earth Power Primal Groudon for fair damage. Salamence gets Defog from Arceus now, although I think you could still run defensive Dragon Dance Salamence as something for Ho-Oh to beat up on. The issue if you use Defog Salamence is that burns from Ho-Oh cause significant problems, and the issue with Dragon Dance Salamence is that you have no hazard control, so you kindof have to pick your poison. I prefer defensive Dragon Dance Salamence as it gives you a win condition, which your team would not have otherwise. As regards Zekrom, it will be able to spam Bolt Strike late-game as Kyogre can force in Primal Groudon. However, I would recommend that you use Scald, Ice Beam, Rest and Sleep Talk over your current moveset, along with a Bold nature and significant HP and Defense investment. You can steadily wear down Primal Groudon with Ice Beam, check offensive variants with Scald, and still be able to deal significant damage to Ho-Oh. With smart play, Ho-Oh shouldn't be that much of a problem, as if you pivot smartly through Kyogre and Zekrom, you can avoid Sacred Fire burns and bring Zekrom in on Brave Bird.

Hopefully these changes help you, and good luck!

Last edited:
Hello Didoy75, me and Lemonade. discussed your team for quite a while as it is nice to see Zekrom being used, and we came up with a couple of changes (sorry if I snipe you Lemonade.). The following sets are what we came up with:

Arceus @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

+

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Dragon Tail / Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

OR

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh
- Roost

Wallceus instead of Arceus-Ground, this checks Salamence, Rayquaza, and can Earth Power Primal Groudon for fair damage. Salamence gets Defog from Arceus now, although I think you could still run defensive Dragon Dance Salamence as something for Ho-Oh to beat up on. The issue if you use Defog Salamence is that burns from Ho-Oh cause significant problems, and the issue with Dragon Dance Salamence is that you have no hazard control, so you kindof have to pick your poison. I prefer defensive Dragon Dance Salamence as it gives you a win condition, which your team would not have otherwise. As regards Zekrom, it will be able to spam Bolt Strike late-game as Kyogre can force in Primal Groudon. However, I would recommend that you use Scald, Ice Beam, Rest and Sleep Talk over your current moveset, along with a Bold nature and significant HP and Defense investment. You can steadily wear down Primal Groudon with Ice Beam, check offensive variants with Scald, and still be able to deal significant damage to Ho-Oh. With smart play, Ho-Oh shouldn't be that much of a problem, as if you pivot smartly through Kyogre and Zekrom, you can avoid Sacred Fire burns and bring Zekrom in on Brave Bird.

Hopefully these changes help you, and good luck!

:)
Thank you PISTOLERO and Lemonade. for these suggestions :)

I'll try these changes this week.

But I don't think I want to change the team, because I really like it as I made it.

I was sure you won't like Salamence's EVs spread, lol. I should probably use the "classic" Defensive DD MMence.
I really don't wanna be destroyed by Ho-Oh (to "pivot smartly" is too dangerous) and I really need Defog support, so I'll think about this problem.

ResTalk Kyogre-Primal, I really don't like this set tbh. I mostly play CM POgre to lure in PDon and you suggest me to change my set for an other one that is totally destroyed by PDon. I don't think this change should be great.

I don't know much about Wallceus, it seems good, but why would it be better than Groundceus ?(Will-O isn't that necessary in this team except to beat Ferrothorn).

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions :)

Last edited:
Well, I tried what you told me this weekend.
The team is really too stally with the changes (not enough offensive presence with only Zekrom as a sweeper) and I really prefer the original team (CM Ogre fits better than the defensive one, I keep DD Mence instead of the Defog one, I need Defog Arceus, so Groundceus fits better in this team than Wallceus).

Anyways, thanks for the help :)

I'm really happy that the team is nominated for the RMT of the Week :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)