Zekrom - Dragonstar

Introduction

Yo, smogon! Thats my third RMT, my last one is exactly two weeks ago and I want to let my Uber Team be rated.
The team is build around SubHone Claws Zekrom. If the pokemons, who walled them are dead, Zekrom sweeps many only with +1/+2. Even without, behind a subsitute he can hit hard.

The first member was Zekrom. I want to test him out, but if I want to build a team around a pokemon, I want to let the pokemon which I want to build a team around be a booster. And the only good Boostset Zekrom have is SubHoneClaws (and of course Hone Claws is the only boostmove he have).

Then, I have added Deo-A to set up Spikes (not rocks, you'll se) and hit hard to.

The next member was skymin, he is mostly to counter Groudon, TTar and Hippo, cause SubHoneClaws Zekrom is walled complete by Groudon, and Tar & Hippo summons a sandstorm, and thats not good for Zekrom or the rest of the team, cause Exca can sweep (nearly) anything.

Giratina-O is a very important sweeper.
He was my addition to counter things like Excadrill with Will-o-wisp, and my check to mewtwo.
And, a really important thing, my only PHazer.

Ah, Tentacruel. My obligatory spinner, because SubZekrom hates Entry Hazards.
Toxic-Spikes are also very bad, thats one reason I choose Tentacruel over forretress.
The second reason is to have a backup check against Kyogre.

Groudon is more a filler, but he does his job quite well.
actually he was so I had weather to win other weather wars (especially against sand)
I could also take Kyogre, but I needed something physical.
He was Banded, but in the next step I'd changed this.

After some Matches, I realized that I need an steel.
I added Ferrothorn for Deo-A, cuz Deo-D where only there to set up Spikes.
With this change, I also changed Groudons Set from banded to physical defensive.

Team At A Glance​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Team in Depth​

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
-Stealth Rock
-Thunderwave
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Groudon, my stealth rock set-upper and my physical wall.
The Split is to hit quite hard with EdgeQuake, but with Impish Nature to have a very good physical bulk.
Stealth Rock are clear, thunderwave is for fast threats (good for Zekrom).
EdgeQuake is clear too.
Mostly, Ferrothorn is my lead, and I save on Groudon for the weatherwars.
Possibly, I can change Thunder Wave for Roar, to have Phaze against Sub-Mons.

Zekrom @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, SAtk)
-Subsitute
-Hone Claws
-Dragon Claw
-Bolt Strike

And ... Here it is, the Star of the teams AND of the dragons!
If Counter of the teams are killed (namely Groudon, Excadrill, Hippodown) almost nothing can beat his pure power.
Sub Zekrom is not common, so common switch-Ins like Ferrothorn think they can seed Zekrom, but with Subsitute I can avoid this.
Thunderwave isn't a problem too.
The split is to outspeed non-investment lugia, before he set-up reflect or toxic/twave me.
Adamant nature and 252 Atk for pure power.
Subsitute is the Crux of the set - SubBooster are in my opinion the biggest threats ever. All staller are outspeed with the speed-investment and I can set-up a subsitute before they can toxic/burn/paralyze or seed me.
Then, I set up one or two Hone Claws and hit behind the subsitute.
If something is faster, my subsitute is broken, but Zekrom is alive.
I specially run Dragon Claw over Outrage, cuz I hate Outrage without Lum and I need the leftovers here.
With Teravolt, I can even one-hit Lugia or Skarmory after enough Hone Claws.
Unreplacable!

Shaymin-Sky @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
-Leaf Storm
-Air Slash
-Earthpower
-Hidden Power Fire

Shaymin, not common, but effective!
She is mainly here to counter Hippodown, Tyranitar and Groudon/Kyogre, who are (apart from Kyogre) very dangerous for Zekrom.
I run the Scarf-Set, to have an good Revenge-Killer too.
I run Leaf Storm over Seed Flare, because I like the Power of Leaf Storm more.
Air Slash is the good STAB with 60% Flinch-Chance, Earthpower is for steels.
On the last slot, I run HP fire to have in the sun a pseudo-STAB, to hit Skarmory and Forretress/Ferrothorn harder.
Really cool member^^.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Tail
-Shadowsneak
-Will-o-Wisp

meet the one of the coolest pokemons ever! Giratina-O, so bulky, but can hit so hard too!
I added this Monster to have a good PHazer in the team, and Giratina-O is imo the best, even better then Giratina.
Nearly nothing can OHKO Giratina-O, and even without HP-Investment he has a monstrous HP stat from 441 (37 points more then full-HP invested 100 Base!), so he is quite bulky too, especially with W-o-W.
W-o-W is good against Exca, but it is also good against SScarf EKiller.
I choose an Lonely Nature, to survive better special Moves from mewtwo, so I can hit back with DMeteor and than with Shadow Sneak.
Draco Meteor hits very many things very hard, while Dragon Tail is for phazing.
Shadow Sneak is a strong priority move, and W-O-W is explained above.
Unreplaceble, but the Set can be changed (it should have DTail)

... maybe a Sub-Shuffler or a RestTalk PHazer?

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 244 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
-Scald
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic Spikes
-Protect

The obligtory spinner. Nothing much to say, a pretty standard set.
He walls non-specs Kyogre quite well and is my special wall.
With Rain Dish, he is, if rain is up, more bulkier than before.
Scald is clear, Rapid Spin and Toxic Spikes too.
Protect is to scout the next move and, if Ferrothotn has the opponent leech-seeded or the enemy is poisoned, to stall them out and get a extra-round recovery. Split is standard, bla bla bla

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 208 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
-Leech Seed
-Spikes
-Power Whip
-Protect

My addition for Deo-A, and he do this job very good.
He mostly sets up 1-2 layers of spikes thanks to his supreme bulk and unique typing.
ferrothorn is my second special wall, and he has good synergy with the other team.
With 48 Atk and Power Whip Ferrothorn can OHKO Kyogre after Stealth Rock damage.
With Protect and Leech Seed AND leftovers I have nearly instant recovery, while protect is also good to scout moves or stall them out if there opponent is poisened.​

One last Look​

Conclusion​

Now, that was my third RMT.
I Hope you enjoy it!
Let many rates as ^^.
Thanks for reading!
DarGiratina​

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'll post an in-depth in a few but at a glance I will advise you to change skymin since it ultimately does nothing for your team. Being locked into hp anything, leaf storm or earthpower is a terrible idea since it just begs to be set up considering that it's most common switch is latias. If you really needed a revenge killer I would advise genesect or terrakion depending on what your team needs.

Haruno, Skymin loves T-spikes, helps him take down Kyogre and with Toxic Spikes support can deal with Calm Mind Arceus.

I would change Skymin's leaf storm to Seed Flare, Latias seems to be a giant threat to your team specially since you're running sun and it's suporting its Hidden Power Fire. I would change Zekrom's set to Choice Scarf with Sleep Talk to check Latias as well as other dragons and Darkrai. 2 scarfers is a little bit unorthodox but it can work in this team.

I would also change Giratina's set, something to check Groudon as well as Swords Dance Arceus.

Giratina:

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 212 Atk / 252 Def / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp

Zekrom:

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Sleep Talk

Nice team, I will try it out! :]

luvdisk'd

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Kyogre is not something skymin wants to stay in on since there's a 40% of getting ko'd by ice beam. So that's a pretty moot point.

Toxic spikes being the only way OP can stop cmceus is also flawed since all forms of arceus only care if it's badly poisoned otherwise it can handle losing that 13% hp per turn and safely set up cm against skymin.

leaf storm => seed flare is a must on skymin if he's insistent on keeping it since that extra 20 base power isn't worth being forced to switch since at least seedflare can threaten something afterwards because of the 80% of dropping SpD.

You might as well suggest gira-a if you're telling OP to use that set since it uses it more effectively.

@DarkGiratina
groudon, zekrom and tentacruel are all missing 4 EVs.
groudon's EV spread doesn't seem to achieve anything, max out Def, or at least shift 4 EVs from atk to def to gain 2 def while losing 1 atk.
zekrom should run either max HP or max speed, 164 is too many EVs for a speed creep.
shaymin-s needs a timid nature to outspeed kingdra, excadrill, jolly kabutops, scarfed darkrai.

@blackstardust
your gira-o is missing 4 EVs.

@Haruno, It has air slash which has a 60% chance of flinching...

252 SpAtk Shaymin-S (+SpAtk) Air Slash vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Arceus: 24.55% - 29.05%
4-5 hits to KO

It just needs to flinch it twice in a row for it to die lol if SR are up ofc.

Hey guys!

Thanks for your help.
I'll change Leaf Storm to Seed Flare on Skymin, and give the other 4 EVs all the mons they haven't.
But Skymin is also to check Groudon and Hippodown, Kyogre is take down by Bolt Strike from Zekrom if he had a Subsitute.
To the Split: As I said, 164 Spd were normaly to outspeed uninvestment Lugia before he can set up Reflect. The other EVs are going to HP because I want to leave him a bit bulky.
The Giratina Set looks great! I'll try it out. Thanks!

(more rates are desirable^^.)

Hey man, good looking team you have here.

Of the top of my head, I see a HUGE weakness to SubCM Latias. If it comes in on Shaymin locked on basically everything but Air Slash, a burned Groudon, Ferrothorn and Tentacruel, you are going to have a bad time. I strongly recommend you to replace Shaymin-S with Tank Ho-Oh. With Ho-Oh, you wall Latias @ +1, not even getting 2HKO'd by a uninvested Dragon Pulse. Also, in sun, it also gives a great way to beat Palkia, doing a pitiful max of 31% from Surf. While the Stealth Rock weakness might seem unappealing, you still have Tentacruel to spin away the rocks that Forretress and Ferrothorn set up. With Substitute, it gives you a nice way to avoi Status, survive some weak Special Attacks and really, a Ho-Oh behind a substitute puts just a huge amount of offesive pressure in the opponent's shoulder.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 84 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Substitute
- Recover

With Shaymin out of the map, you don't have a Revenge Killer that kills Kyogre, so I also strongly recomend you to replace your current Zekrom set to a Choice Scarf set. With a scarf under it's neck, Zekrom kills Lugia with ease, revenge kills choice locked Palkia, Latias, Kyogre and Lugia, and those four seem pretty big threats to your team at this point.

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Claw

That's all I can think of right now, so gl with the team! Hope I helped. n_n

Thanks for your help!
How can I counter Hippodown and Groudon without Shaymin good?
I will test it out, but the Idea from SubHoneclaws is destroyed ...
Nja wayne, I'll test it out (by the way, I don't see SubCM Latias very often)
Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)