ZhengTann vs. Someoneelse: Seriously who is this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reffing, so PM me mons Frosty.
Also, sending out 2 open challenges.

#1 - 3v3 LC Singles
3 day DQ
Training Items
ASB arena
The rest is up to y'all.
Taking this, ZhengTann.
Switch=OK
2 Subs
2 Recoveries 5 Chills
One Ability

I have got a free space, since Failion dropped the one I accepted.
---------------------------------

Welcome to the ASB arena! A dude in a Nargacuga armour, ZhengTann, and ah–Someoneelse. This promises to be an exciting battle. Trainers ready? Battle!
ZhengTann said:
Staryu - Charla (U)

Charla is Wendy's closest friend and confidante since Daycare. Witty, and quick to learn the ways of the world, Charla did not trust Zheng at first sight, naturally, and disapproves of Natsu and Gray's loud brawls every other minute they were together. Charla looks out for Wendy, not afraid to stand up to bigger, meaner Pokemons, and its that precise quality she sees in Zheng's group that warms her up to the team. Charla is very touchy, resisting most physical contacts except with Wendy, retaliating with swift hit-and-run tactics whenever approached thus.

Nature: Modest (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)

Type:
Water type: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Illuminate
Type: Can be Enabled
This Pokemon emits a continuous light that brightens the environment and makes it easier for all Pokemon to see. While this ability is active, any darkened or twilight state in the battle is negated and all moves used by any Pokemon (friend or foe, or itself) have their accuracy increased by 10% (flat). Multiple Illuminates do not stack. (Command: Enable/Disable Illuminate)

Ability 2: Natural Cure
Type: Innate
This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.

Ability 3: Analytic (DW)
If this Pokemon attacks after its target during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 85
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3

EC: 3/6 Next Evolution at 6
MC: 0
DC: 3/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Harden
Water Gun
Rapid Spin
Recover
Camouflage
Swift
Bubblebeam
Minimize
Power Gem

Aurora Beam
Barrier
Supersonic

Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Psychic
Signal Beam
Scald
Ice Beam
Surf
Numel - Elfman (M)

"Hey mon," is probably Elfman's QOTD, all day, everyday. His easy-going attitude is reflective of his species' nature - slowly pacing on with the simple pleasures of daily life. Or so it seems. Elfman is as stubborn as they come - in fact, he got into a tussle with Natsu just because they wanted to cross the same (outer) side of the ledge. It took Gray's help to wrestle him down (a fact all but Gray is unhappy about) but Zheng's capture brought him into the family. Being slow to anger doesn't mean Elfman is slow on the uptake, but it does mean that he's slow to cooldown after he gets really riled up.

Nature: Sassy (+ SpD, - Spe, -10% evasion)

Type:
Fire type:
Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Ground type:
Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 6 per action Energy Cost to 5 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Oblivious
This Pokemon is incapable of being affected by Attract, Cute Charm, or Captivate.

Ability 2: Simple
This Pokemon innately exaggerates the effect of stat boosts and drops to the point where they have double the effectiveness and thus double the stage modifier.

Ability 3: Own Tempo (DW)
This Pokemon moves at its own pace and when confused, it will never harm itself in confusion. If the Pokemon also has Tangled Feet, it will raise Accuracy by one (1) Stage.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 30 (35/1.15)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1

EC: 0/6 Evolution at 6
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Growl
Tackle
Ember
Magnitude
Focus Energy
Flame Burst
Amnesia
Lava Plume
Take Down
Earth Power
Flamethrower

Ancient Power
Mud Bomb
Endure

Substitute
Double Team
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Protect
Murkrow – Gajeel (M)

Gajeel is rather different, compared to the rest of - probably his dark instincts gave him a bit of a "lone wolf" attitude. Efficient in his ways, smart in his pose, Gajeel would have a hard time fitting in - except that the girls are incredibly forgiving, and while the guys wouldn't hesitate bringing on a throwdown (save for Elfman, who repaid his indifference with barely a shrug), they never keep past grudges. Its what drove Gajeel to approach Zheng after many days of stalking them together - eating, living, fighting with the affectionate way only siblings have. He is no slouch either - holding his own even against Erza is no small feat in the family.

Nature: Mild (+1 SpA, -1 Def)

Type:
Dark type: Dark STAB; immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Flying type: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Insomnia
This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage and energy/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.

Ability 2: Super Luck
This Pokemon’s natural skill increases its critical hit levels one stage above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 25% of the time.

Ability 3: Prankster (DW)
The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 91

EC: 0/6 Next Evolution at 6

Attacks:
Peck
Astonish
Pursuit
Haze
Wing Attack
Night Shade
Assurance

Drill Peck
Faint Attack
Quick Attack
Heat Wave
Icy Wind
Dark Pulse

Psychic
Protect
Toxic

¡Buena fortuna!
Someoneelse said:
Here you are:
(Phanpy)
Mudkip* [Flood] (M)
Nature: Adamant
Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Torrent:
Innate
When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the Base Attack Power of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Damp (DW, locked):
Innate
This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 40
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 2/9
MC: 1
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Tackle*
Growl*
Mud Slap*
Water Gun*
Bide*
Foresight*
Mud Sport*
Protect

Avalanche*
Bite*
Double-Edge*

Rock Slide*
Waterfall*
Dig*
Rock Smash

(Venipede)
Larvesta* [Firefly] (M)
Nature: Hasty
Type:
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Bug: Bug STAB; more mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gains one extra attack on multi-hit moves, with a cap of five (5).

Abilities:
Flame Body:
Innate
This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Swarm (DW, locked):
Innate
When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, X-Scissor from 8 to 10)
Stats:

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 69 (+)
+11% Accuracy
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 3/6
MC: 1
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Ember*
String Shot*
Leech Life*
Take Down*

Zen Headbutt*
Morning Sun*
Endure*

Flamethrower*
Psychic*
Wild Charge*
Protect
Acrobatics

Sneasel [OP] (M)
Nature: Adamant
Type:
Dark: Dark STAB; immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Abilities:
Inner Focus:
Innate
When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Keen Eye:
Innate
This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by an opponent through any means (including accuracy lowering attacks, Smogs, Hazes, Fog, etc.). Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion and the Pokemon's own accuracy.

Pickpocket (DW, locked):
Innate
This Pokemon's mischievous nature and greed make it very effective at pawning off an opponents item. If this Pokemon has no item and either it or the opposing Pokemon strikes with a contact attack, their item is stolen and becomes the held item of this Pokemon. Pokemon with Pickpocket can be commanded to swap items with an ally, and only they will need to expend an action to do so because of their swifter sleight of hand.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 115
Base Rank Total: 17

EC: 0/6

Attacks
Scratch
Leer
Taunt
Quick Attack
Screech
Faint Attack
Icy Wind
Fury Swipes
Agility
Metal Claw
Hone Claws

Fake Out
Ice Punch
Ice Shard

Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Shadow Claw

1. ZhengTann sends out, chooses ability & equips items (if any)
  2. Someoneelse sends out, chooses ability & equips items (if any) then orders
  3. ZhengTann orders
  4. I ref
  5. ???
  6. PROFIT!

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
("Not a Hunter in Nargacuga armour. TheNargacuga. I take much offense when smelly humans mistake me for another of their two-legged kind. ") Elfman, show them that you can stand tall, Oblivious to the dangers simply because you are strong.

"Hey mon, you looking blue today - I predict."

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
I'm Batman!
No, I'm actually just not you.

If you didn't predict this, something is very wrong.

C'mon in, Flood, bringing your Torrents of water! Sorry, but I have no items.
Waterfall > Rock Slide > Waterfall
If Double team is used, use Rock Slide next action.
If Substitute is used, use Waterfall next action.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
6 words in 2 sentences - You forgot Protect. And Stealth Rock.

"Hey mon, being waterlogged isn't fun, mon."

Protect > Stealth Rock > Protect

Round 1

Someoneelse's Mudkip
AOO

90HP/100Energy
Speed: 40
Item: N/A
Ranks:4/2/1/2
Boosts/Drops:
Other:
Field: N/A

ZhengTann's Numel
AOO

90HP/100Energy
Speed: 30
Item: Exp Share
Ranks:2/2/3/3
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

The Hunter in the armour transformed into his true form the mighty Nargacuga! With an terrifying roar Elfman the Numel is sent out seemingly Oblivious to his trainers transformation, the little camel stands ready for battle. Someoneelse is unfazed, calling out Flood the Mudkip to douse the flame with a Torrential assault.

With much vigour Flood covers himself in a blue aura, charging at Elfman like a Waterfall, despite Elfman's laid back appearance he is quick on the uptake surrounding himself with a green sphere–Protecting himself from all damage.

Undeterred by Elfman's strong defence, Flood changes tact. This time burying the Numel with a volley of rocks. Elfman also uses the rocks in a passive manner–erecting pillars of stone around the mudfish. What are they planning?

The last action is a repeat of the first however Elfan is significantly worse for wear than round, visibly cringing when deflecting a second powerful Waterfall.

With Stealth Rock's on the field will the Nargacuga be able to pull off the win or will Someoneelse prove that brute force can beat strategy?

Round 1
Action 1:
Mudkip used Waterfall
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 7559/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [>8000 EFFECT]: 4314/9000 (NO)
[(8+3+6-3)*2.25] = 31.5 damage
-5 energy
Numel used Protect
7+(31.5/2.5) = -19.6 Energy

Action 2:
Mudkip used Rock Slide
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 4018/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (Effect) [>7000 Flinch]: 292/10000 (NO)
[(8+6-3)*1] = 11 damage
-6 energy
Numel used Stealth Rocks
-12 energy

Action 3:
Mudkip used Waterfall
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 948/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [>8000 EFFECT]: 2885/9000 (NO)
[(8+3+6-3)*2.25] = 31.5 damage
-5 energy
Numel used Protect
7+(31.5/2.5) = -19.6 Energy

Round Summary
Mudkip: -16 Energy
Numel: -10 HP, -51 Energy

Someoneelse's Mudkip
AOO

90HP/84Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:
Field: Stealth Rock

ZhengTann's Numel
AOO

79HP/49Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:
Field:N/A

1. Spot any error's I have made
  2. ZhengTann orders/Initiates switch phase
  3. Someonelse responds
  4. I ref

Edit: Caught the calculation mistake, I think that was the only part of the referee resource thread that I didn't fully read. Haha

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Just a few things - Stat Differences are calculated like this:

[box]- Multiply your attacking stat and your opponents defending stats by 1.5 (Eg. Mudkipp ~ 4*1.5 = 6, Numel ~ 2*1.5 = 3)
- If any of the stats are higher than 5, the remainder is only multiplied by 1 (Eg. Rank 7 Attack would mean (5*1.5)+(2*1) = 9.5)
- Deduct the difference.[/box]
So Waterfall would've dealt (8+3+6-3)*2.25 = 31.5 damage to Numel, resulting in 19.6 energy lost each time Numel Protected. Same with Rock Slide dealing 11 damage instead of 10. End result means Numel used 51.2 energy, to be left with 79 HP, 49 EN. Also, I think your Flinch rolls mean [>7000 Flinch] and [>8000 Flinch] for Rock Slide and Waterfall respectively.

But yeah, everything seems to be working okay, so I guess I'll switch to Charla, holding an Amulet Coin. You played your part well, Elfman, but now's not your time yet - there's a self-claimed OP-Sneasel I'd like you to meet. Besides, given the brute thrashing Flood-Mudkipp gave, she's the Natural Cure for our dilemma.

"Hey Charla, mon, you might want to watch out. But nice gem, as always mon."

"Why thank you, Elfman. And don't worry, I intend to give him a shock he'll never forget."

Counterswitch?

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Ya, switch to Sneasel, who is called OP because he is banned in Smogon LC. Wait a moment, I order. Have some Keen Eyes.
Fake Out > Shadow Claw > Scratch + Fury Swipes
If Signal Beam A2 or A3, use Agilidodge on the first instance and push actions back.
If Barrier A2 or A3, use Screech.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Why go typing-effectiveness when non-resisted STAB deals more? Why rely on raw damage when a tactical effect can take you further? Why putting up a wall when you can deal recoil?

"Try this on, and have a splash while you're at it."

Surf > Scald+Scald {Blistering Exceed Wing!!} > combo cooldown (Harden)

Round 2

Someoneelse's Sneasel
AAO

90HP/100Energy
Speed: 115
Ranks:4/2/1/3
Boosts/Drops:
Other:
Field: Stealth Rocks

ZhengTann's Staryu
AAO

90HP/100Energy
Speed: 85
Item: Amulet Coin
Ranks:1/2/4/2
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

Two new combatants join the fray, replacing their teammates. On one side is Charla the Staryu and on the other side is OP the Sneasel who is getting pelted by the rocks set up last round!

OP opens with a super fast strike flinching Charla, causing her(?) to be unable to act.

Following up OP channels a dark aura around his claws, then rakes them across Charla's body. In retaliation she blasts super heated water at OP, burning him–a status that is sure to hinder Sneasel's usefulness to the outcome of the battle.

OP goes into a frenzy, furiously scratching Staryu–even scoring a critical hit! However the burn proved to be a hinderance, greatly reducing the damage that could've been. Meanwhile Charla is cooling down and is unable to act.

The Nargacuga has begun to pull ahead in the battle, largely owing to the Stealth Rock's on the opponents field. Can Someoneelse make comeback?

Sneasel takes Stealth Rock damage
12+3 = 15 damage
Round 2
Action 1:
Sneasel used Fake Out
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 5624/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [>8000 EFFECT]: GUARANTEED
[(4+6-3)*1] = 7 damage
-4 energy
Staryu flinched!

Action 2:
Sneasel used Shadow Claw
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=1250 CRIT]: 1505/10000 (NO)
[(8+6-3)*1] = 11 damage
-6 energy
Staryu used Scald+Scald {Blistering Exceed Wing}
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 3807/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [>4000 EFFECT]: 9443/10000 (YES) Sneasel is burned
[18+3+6-4.5]*1 = 22.5 damage
-24.5 energy
Sneasel
-2HP burn damage

Action 3:
Sneasel used Fury Swipes+Scratch
Fury Swipes+Scratch hit 3 times
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 6000/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 102/10000 (YES)
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 3531/10000 (NO)
[(13+1+6-3)*1] = 17 damage
(4+3)*1.5 = -10.5 energy
Staryu Cooled Down
Sneasel
-2HP bun damage

Round Summary
Sneasel: -42 HP, - 21Energy
Staryu: -35 HP, -25 Energy

Someoneelse's Sneasel
AAO

48HP/79Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:Cool Down 1A
Someoneelse's Mudkip

90HP/84Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

ZhengTann's Staryu
AAO

55HP/75Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:
ZhengTann's Numel

79HP/49Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

1. Correct any calculation errors
  2. ZhengTann orders/Initiates switch phase
  3. Someoneelse responds
  4. I ref

Edit: Fixed the calculation error (that I keep making ugh) & I corrected the RNG roll to reflect what I actually meant [that Sneasel had a 40% chance not be burned rather than 60%]

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
With Sneasel's Shadow Claw, you calculated with their plain stats (4&2) rather than their actual calculation stats (6&3).
With Staryu's Scald combo the chance should be 6/10 for the future as well (effect*2)

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
  • Stealth Rock only does 12+3 = 15 damage to Sneasel (no need to multiply by 1.5 again, just add 3 for each weakness and deduct 3 for each resistance, so Scyther for example would've taken 18 damage, Lucario 6).
  • Critical hits nullify Burn nerfs in ASB, and multi-hit attacks deal 1 extra damage per crit (normal 1-hit attacks deal 3 crit damage, 2-hit attacks deal 2 extra damage per crit), so Sneasel's combo would've dealt 13+1+6-3 = 17 damage to Staryu.
  • So after that round, Staryu is left with 55 HP, Sneasel 48 HP.
According to Referee Resource Thread OP (in Switch Methods hide tags) the same trainer may not initiate Switch Phase twice. But most people didn't notice those rules and thus ignored them, anyway. Objection and dogfish44 were for abolishing it, but until that happens I'll follow it anyway. If Someoneelse sees this and doesn't mind, PM me and I'll change my orders accordingly.

EDIT: Changed orders to Initiate Switch Phase again, since Someoneelse allowed me to.

Alright, let's press on with our advantage, your turn's up, Elfman. He'll pretty much switch to Flood-Mudkip again, but this time we'll be more prepared.

"Back to you, Elfman - I'm sure you won't miss this one."

"Not for the world, mon."

Counterswitch?

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
I don't mind. You can change your orders if you'd like.
CounterEdit: I don't think I can, so Come @ me.
Even if I can, I don't care.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Oh I see. You wanted to minimise hazards damage to maximise your chance of winning. Unfortunately there's more to that. We've prepared a fallback contingency on this, haven't we, Elfman?

"Gotta chill, mon - I know mon, sounds strange coming outta my mouth, eh?"

Chill > Flamethrower
> Chill
IF you are Taunted and unable to Chill, THEN replace Chill with Ember.
IF Sneasel is under the effects of Protective/Evasive actions when targeted by Flamethrower, THEN push actions back.

Round 3

Pre-Round

Someoneelse's Sneasel (OP)
AAO

48HP/79Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:Cool Down 1A
Someoneelse's Mudkip

90HP/84Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

ZhengTann's Numel (Elfman)
AAO

79HP/49Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:
ZhengTann's Staryu

55HP/75Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

Elfman comes back out to combat OP–a perhaps unwise turn of events Someoneelse opts to keep OP in. With smart strategy Someoneelse is able to avoid direct damage (for now) from the little camel, however due to his burned status the damage inflicted was minimal. OP is definitely fighting a loosing battle.
Round 3:

Action 1:
Sneasel cooled down
Numel chilled
+12 energy
Sneasel was hurt by burn
-2HP

Action 2:
Sneasel used Fake Out
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT] = 1114/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT): GUARANTEED!
[(4+6-3-3)*1] = 4 damage
-4 energy
Numel flinched
Sneasel was hurt by burn
-2HP

Action 2:
Sneasel used Ice Punch
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT] = 3090/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [>9000 EFFECT] = 6733/10000 (NO)
[(8+3+6-3-3)*1] = 11 damage
-5 energy
Numel chilled
+12 energy
Sneasel was hurt by burn
-2HP

Round Summary:
Sneasel: -6HP, -9 energy
Numel: -15HP, +24 energy

AAO

42HP/70Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:
Someoneelse's Mudkip

90HP/84Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

AAO

64HP/73Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:
ZhengTann's Staryu

55HP/75Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

1. Correct errors in calculations (if any)
  2. Someoneelse orders/initiates switch phase
  3. ZhengTann responds
  4. I ref

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Ouch, didn't notice that cooldown. Yet another glorious miscalculation, hip hip hurrah. Well, at least you're now better prepared against OP-Sneasel and Firefly-Larvesta. But again, Flood-Mudkip was never your opponent to begin with. Counterswitch accepted.

"This is going to be longer than I thought, mon. By the way, Charla - Flood-Mudkip looks dirty, mon."

"Really? Then let's give him a washover."

Water Gun > Thunderbolt > Thunderbolt
IF Mudkip is under the effects of Protective/Evasive moves when targeted by Thunderbolt, THEN replace that action with Barrier.
IF Mudkip uses Bide A1, THEN replace A2 with Recover.

Round 4

Pre-Round

Someoneelse's Mudkip (Flood)
AAO

90HP/84Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

42HP/70Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

ZhengTann's Staryu (Charla)
AAO

55HP/75Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

64HP/73Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

Staryu's solid damage output pushed Flood to the brink where another Thunderbolt would KO, however the smart use of bide turned the tide of this engagement. It would seem that Flood will come out on top of this engagement, albeit weak and tired. What will ZhengTann do to make the best of this situation?
Mudkip takes Stealth Rock damage
-12HP
Round 4

Action 1:
Staryu used Water Gun
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT] = 8735/10000 (NO)
[(4+3+6-3)*0.67] = 6.7 damage
-2 energy
Mudkip was drenched for {3} actions
Mudkip used Bite
RNG Roll [<=625 CRIT] = 1855/10000 (NO)
[(6+6-3)*1] = 9 damage
-4 energy

Action 2:
Mudkip used Bide
Staryu used Thunderbolt
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT] = 1569/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<1000 EFFECT] = 8106/10000 (NO)
[(10+6-3)*2.25] = 29.25 damage
-7 energy

Action 3:
Mudkip is storing energy
Staryu used Thunderbolt
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT] = 6473/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<1000 EFFECT] = 5787/10000 (NO)
[(10+6-3)*2.25] = 29.25 damage
-13 energy

Round Summary:
Staryu: -9HP, -22 energy
Mudkip: -77HP, -4 energy About to unleash the stored energy

AAO

13HP/80Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other: About to unleash the stored energy

42HP/70Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

AAO

46HP/53Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

64HP/73Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

1. Correct calculation errors (if any)
  2. Someoneelse orders
  3. ZhengTann prepares his anus responds
  4. I ref

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Release Bide > Chill > Chill
If Staryu is not dead by A2, ragequit.
If I can think of more Subs that have purposes, yell "WTF Brain!"

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Compliments on this very smart move. Had I worded my substitution better...

"Be that as it may, the damage is done."

Thunderbolt > Recover > Chill

P.S. Not really important to the outcome, but consecutive moves incur 4 energy penalty, not 6, so Thunderbolt only uses up 11 energy at A3. Also, I'm to order 1st next round, so might as well shorten our time and send in Gajeel the Murkrow, with Exp. Share equipped plus his orders of vengeance.

"You don't mess with the girls. But then, by that decree, I shouldn't mess with you."

Dark Pulse > Night Shade > Astonish

Round 5

AAO

13HP/80Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other: About to unleash the stored energy

42HP/70Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

AAO

46HP/53Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

64HP/73Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

Charla the Staryu is obliterated by the force of Flood bide. However, the mudfish is easy picking for the pokemon ZhengTann sends in to finish the job.
Round 5:
Mudkip unleashed Bide
[(29.25*2)*1.75] = 102.375 damage
6+(102.375/2) = -57 energy
Staryu fainted!

AAO

13HP/23Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

42HP/70Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

AXO

-56HP/53Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other: FAINTED!

64HP/73Energy
Boosts/Drops:
Other:
  1. ZhengTann replaces Staryu then orders (done)
  2. Someoneelse responds
  3. I ref

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Just posting to say I finally noticed one thing - Mudkip has 90 HP deducted by 77 HP, so it should end up with 13 HP instead of 23, meaning STAB Dark Pulse from Murkrow KOes Mudkip without taking damage under these situations. I intend to reorder given the knowledge of this new situation, and I'm sure Someoneelse wouldn't mind too, as it gives him a chance to energy stall me rather than attempt a suicide combo.

"Hmph, easy pickings... So wimpy that they can do nothing but pick on girls, then deny their doom."

Dark Pulse > Night Shade > Astonish

IF Mudkip is under the effects of Protective/Evasive moves, THEN replace that action with Peck and push remaining actions backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)