XY Ubers Zing: An Ubers RMT

Okay, hey guys, this is my first RMT so I'm sorry if i screw up on any aspect here, I hope you abuse me on my errors via replies.

I'm Joryn and I've been playing competitive Pokemon for around 2 months now and I've had a chance to try alot of different teams. So I thought I would build my own team. So, here it is, in all of it's glory. This team has peaked at around 1570 on the PS ladder over a period of a couple weeks while i was testing it. I have given it to a few friends and they seem to have had decent success with it. Now, while I cant really remember the team building phases, I do remember the original team i came out with, the final version of the team and of course the team in-between. So, I'll tab the original and middle version after my final :]
Onto the team.

yo-hoE (Ho-Oh) @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Okay, so, Band Ho-Oh hits like an absolute TANK as you probably know, OHKO'ing quite a range of mons in the meta including Kyogre and non invested Palkia to name two. I chose Earthquake as a coverage move which also hits Dialga pretty hard. Sleep Talk on Banded Ho-Oh is great in my opinion, as when it absorbs the sleep from Darkrai leads, it can proceed to wreck without being constricted to one move. The only downside is, waking from sleep is very unpredictable. Not much else to say on this monster

n00b (Xerneas) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Aromatherapy

Ah, Xerneas... probably the most common mon in the XY metagame. Personally, I dislike GeoXern, (Yes i know how easy it is to sweep with it but it doesnt make the game fun) so i chose a different approach. Originally, i chose ScarfXern which, I will admit, was a great late game sweeper and took ALOT of people by suprise. But, as one of my good friends pointed out, my team was quite weak to status' and suggested i use a physically defensive ClericXern. I thank them, for it is very useful on this team and i do not regret switching. There's not really much to say about this mon apart from the RestTalk combo. I usually don't need to use it, but it's there just incase. It walls EKiller pretty well, better than the other mons on my team.

Aidin (Gastrodon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Mirror Coat
- Recover

Ahhhh.... Gastrodon... Such an exquisite creature... with its absolutely GODLY typing, it gains immunity to two big threats to this team; Kyogre and Choice Zekrom. In my personal opinion, it is the most useful pokemon to check them with. I can use Ho-Oh to lure either Zekrom or Kyogre out, switch to my beloved gastrodon and watch as their attacks fail before this squishy god. Then, when they switch out, use toxic for a free status ailment on the opposing mon. Even if the Kyogre is a CM Kyogre, Gastrodon laughs at it. A +6 Ice Beam will not OHKO Gastrodon (Unless it's a crit) in which Gastrodon can retaliate with Mirror Coat. I chose mirror coat over clear smog because of Kyogre's Ice Beam. Scald will not do much to a Kyogre, so I needed a way to retaliate. Also, if it needs to, it can usually toxic stall mons with such a high SDef/Bulk.
Side note: Gastrodon can take a Geomancied Moonblast from Xerneas and Mirror Coat it back to OHKO so, it's pretty useful

LustKia (Arceus-Poison) @ Toxic Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

And here we have a god. Arceus Poison. This set was given to me by a good friend and has proved very well in testing. The bulk it carries along with the Def and SDef are enough to come in on an Xerneas and take it out. Originally I had defog on here, but lacked a stealth rocker which is where this comes in. It's unusual yes, but it does work most of the time. T-Wave is to slow down scarf users or speedy mons ect ect. Poison jab is prefered over judgement as it is a Physical Attack as apposed to a Special Attack; this is to get the most damage over most GeoXerns. Arceus poison is terrific as a status absorber, especially when a lugia comes in, you can predict the Toxic and switch in this beast. Then TWave it or its switch-ins. Overall, a very good mon with the added bonus (although rarely needed) of removing toxic spikes.

MrKijani (Zekrom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch

Here we have another useful mon. Especially great as a late game sweeper once the opposing Fairy types have been removed from the equation. The sets is pretty much a standard mixed attacker set with volt switch allowing me to maintain momentum and to force switches.
Not much else needs to be said about this mon apart from it is a huge hitter if the situation is right.

Steelskitty (Giratina) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Magic Coat
- Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

Last but certainly not least, we have Giratina. Originally i had MMY as my lead, so as to taunt most mons (Bar Deo formes) until i found that I couldnt reliably keep hazards off my field with MMY. My team also had a huge Mega-Kanga weakness and needed a reliable EKiller weakener. So, a friend recommended Giratina. With it's immunity to Normal and fighting types, access to Magic Coat, Defog and WoW, it turned out to fill a few roles while being a pretty big Physical wall. One flaw is that Magic Coat cannot stall out a persistent Stealth Rocker. The best bet is to hope they switch out, out of boredom and carry on the battle. Not much else can be said on this Pokemon except it fulfills its roles very well.

Well, i hope i have included everything I was meant to included and provided enough information for my first RMT. If I have screwed up anywhere, feel free to butcher me about it :]
Now, I'll give you my original build and the build between.

Arceus (Arceus-Grass) @ Meadow Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SDef / 112 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Rock Slide
- Recover
- Defog
- Grass Knot

Gengar (F) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

Dialga @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SAtk / 220 SDef
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Roar

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 36 SDef / 220 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rock Slide

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Mirror Coat

Firebarn (Ho-Oh) @ Choice Band
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

n00b (Xerneas) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Psyshock
- Roar

Haruno (Gastrodon) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Mirror Coat
- Recover

LustKia (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spd
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

yohoE (Zekrom) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch

Steelskitty (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

yo-hoE (Ho-Oh) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

n00b (Xerneas) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Aromatherapy

Aidin (Gastrodon) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Mirror Coat
- Recover

LustKia (Arceus-Poison) @ Toxic Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

MrKijani (Zekrom) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch

Steelskitty (Giratina) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Magic Coat
- Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

A thank you to LustrousPalkia, Steelskitty and Rileydelete for recommendations and thoughts about this team :]

Last edited:
Hmm, 3 Gengar prone mons are a nuisance, and since there are no ways of actually killing it without using Scarf Zekrom (Which can be played around if 50/50 goes badly), Gengar will always take down two or even more mons, leaving room for Xerneas (If Poisonceus is taken down) or Kyogre (If Gastrodon is taken down) to sweep the rest of the team. I'm not so sure on Giratina-A, its absolutely terrible this gen and any Xerneas set switches in for free every time, removing your momentum and severely threatening your team. At least have a phasing move on Giratina to stop greedy Xerneas and rack up hazards damage. Due to the nature of this team, you are forced to go into Giratina to remove rocks to allow your GeoXern checks to reliably check Xerneas, therefore you may not even get a defog off. I'm not sure what can be done without changing the entire team structure (Breaking RMT rules in other words) but I would look into other options and aim to beat the commonly used things in ubers: the Gengar + Xerneas core, to name a couple. Also get a better SR user o.o Hope this helps.

tl;dr loses to cheese teams

Hmm, 3 Gengar prone mons are a nuisance, and since there are no ways of actually killing it without using Scarf Zekrom (Which can be played around if 50/50 goes badly), Gengar will always take down two or even more mons, leaving room for Xerneas (If Poisonceus is taken down) or Kyogre (If Gastrodon is taken down) to sweep the rest of the team. I'm not so sure on Giratina-A, its absolutely terrible this gen and any Xerneas set switches in for free every time, removing your momentum and severely threatening your team. At least have a phasing move on Giratina to stop greedy Xerneas and rack up hazards damage. Due to the nature of this team, you are forced to go into Giratina to remove rocks to allow your GeoXern checks to reliably check Xerneas, therefore you may not even get a defog off. I'm not sure what can be done without changing the entire team structure (Breaking RMT rules in other words) but I would look into other options and aim to beat the commonly used things in ubers: the Gengar + Xerneas core, to name a couple. Also get a better SR user o.o Hope this helps.

tl;dr loses to cheese teams
Thanks for the feedback man, i appreciate it and will try and work out a different team structure :]

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Clearly this team is made to abuse Ho-Oh as much as possible, i have a similar team that works along the same lines. The issue i found with this sort of team archetype is that if Ho-Oh falls (which it does sometimes despite the stupid amount of longevity given by Regenerator) you will have lots of issues muscling your way through opposing bulky teams. Obviously this isn't an easy fix as you can't really run CM Arceus (only Arceus is a good enough Defogger for Ho-Oh in my opinion). I have tried various iterations of things, even trying Defog Lugia (it's not great). I found that Darkrai isn't bad, if hard to fit, so you might want to try it.

Why not run Giratina-O > Giratina-A? that way you can run double Defog (if you can make it fit), and have a more offensive teammember. Something to try :)

Last edited:
And you'll be surprised when I go on a rampage

Anyways, as regards the team:

Not enough Thunder Wave to name the RMT Zing in my opinion, it needs to be on at least 3 mons ;)

gengar weakness is irritating at times but if you catch it with a thunder wave from poisonceus (try switching in on poison jab i dare you). Gastrodon's Mirror Coat actually screws it up with Destiny Bond etc so Gastrodon isn't so weak.

Actually, due to Pressure on Giratina, you can Magic Coat all their SR PP away as they will end up burning all of it quicker due to Pressure :) (works with Sticky Web as well etc). does give free switches though, and Giratina like this lacks longevity.

SR on Poisonceus is interesting I'll admit, I'm glad that I turned you on to using Poisonceus :)

I'm pretty sure we started out with Scarf AromaXern, then SpDef AromaXern, but PhysDef AromaXern looks good too. What you could try actually is Rest on Giratina alongside Aromatherapy...?

Edit: ApplepieFTW can kiss my ass, don't you ever dare use the word zing again <3

+LustrousPalkia: nayrz
+LustrousPalkia: kiss my
+LustrousPalkia: pale
+LustrousPalkia: unrefined
+LustrousPalkia: ass

+LustrousPalkia: BoTTT can kiss my pale unrefined ass, if Nayrz isn't done

Ew. Zing imo.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey joryn,

Nice team. Bear with me on phone atm so this rate will be of lesser quality than normal. There are a few threats that I can see here. Psyshock GeoXern is annoying, but I'm p sure poisonceus tanks it so its not that bad. The real danger to this team is ho-oh. You lack any reliable switch in, while ho-oh gets free switches on xerneas and stuff. I also feel like mewtwo could be annoying. You lack a psychic resist. Zekrom and palkia are threats, but they are manageable. Gengar + kyogre = gg. Oddly you aren't running a steel, which might be slightly detrimental, but it works for now.

As for fixing this, I don't really know. Nothing is really replaceable here. Pursuit would be nice but nothing gets it.

Optimization:
Atm can't check but Im guessing that evs on ho-oh need to make the HP odd. I also feel like a bulkier spread would be better since idk why it needs the speed. 248 HP / 252 atk / 8 Spd is better imo

Otherwise looks good. I'm not sure about ss on giratina but it has merit in anti leading.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Oh Mirror Coat counts as an attacking move. Yeah you didn't have to say more than that haha. I complete forgot it registers as one.

Will leave rate later that will include using max attack adamant megazor with pursuit over tina, and then because it only shakily checks ekiller I think don as a sr user would fit pretty well as you also have ho-oh, and then you could use defog poisonceus, tho you could also condense roles by relying on zor to check xern, and just rely on previous damage to not lose vs hp fire

oh wait no this would not let you get rid of poisonceus, hummmm, as with poisonceus you can also win vs xern 1v1 and zor traps gar however the sad part kinda is that you cannot get rid of gastro as even condensing roles by running grasseus wouldnt be effective as ice beam also murders krom and waterceus just is not going to work I dont think, but wait maybe defensive palk would actually be better maybe. You'd defs have to got with resttalk, dualstab+toxic is really cool but xern is probably going to have to go bc don>xern, so yeah. Also you defs want toxic zor, to deal with ho-oh better I do think. Superpower could ofc reliably check ekiller bar overheat or something, but you would prolly want toxic.

so yeh:

don>xern
zor>tina
palk>gastro (optional)
and then defog poisonceus

I Think Ur Team Is Good But It Have Some Openings

Like A U should Place a Stell Type Because If ur Opponent Have a Xerneas With Power Herb And He/She Uses Geomancy Then It Should Be Easy To Deafeat U.

I Have a-
xerneas-active.gif

Xerneas@Power Herb
Ability:Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 spatk/252 spd/4 HP
Timid Nature
-Geomancy
-Moonblast
-Hidden Power[Fire]
-Thunderbolt/Physhock

Use This Xerneas And Use a Stell Type Like

ferrothorn-4.gif

Ferrothorn(M)@Rocky Helmet
Ability:Iron Barbs
EVs:252 Spd/252 HP/4 Atk
Jolly Nature
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball
-Lech Seed
-Stealth Rock

Use Them And Make Ur Team Complete

Last edited:
I Think Ur Team Is Good But It Have Some Openings

Like A U should Place a Stell Type Because If ur Opponent Have a Xerneas With Power Herb And He/She Uses Geomancy Then It Should Be Easy To Deafeat U.

I Have a-
View attachment 17232

Xerneas@Power Herb
Ability:Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 spatk/252 spd/4 HP
Timid Nature
-Geomancy
-Moonblast
-Hidden Power[Fire]
-Thunderbolt

Use This Xerneas And Use a Stell Type Like

View attachment 17233
Ferrothorn(M)@Rocky Helmet
Ability:Iron Barbs
EVs:252 Spd/252 HP/4 Atk
Jolly Nature
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball
-Lech Seed
-Stealth Rock

Use Them And Make Ur Team Complete
Arceus-Poison beats GeoXern and I have no real need for ferrothorn

oh Then Ok But A few there Is Arceus-Poison And Sorry I Edited It Later But now U Can Check the Xerneas
OK
Its OK Now

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Hey I like what your giratina does, but giratina-O might fit better, running effectively the same set, but note that it also packs a ground immunity. Your team is pretty hard done by with double dance groudon, and SD groundceus, giratina-O is a fix that helps easily without really changing the tame makeup

Hey Joryin, really nice team, I don't see much problem with it. The only problem I see on it is that it can't handle offensive ground types without having a member of the team taking too much damage. So for that, I recommend using Giratina-O over Giratina-A. Not only you would still have a Defog user, on top of that, Giratina-O can switch into Groudon, Excadrill or Landorus-T respectively and it is also a pretty strong priority user. I highly recommend using this EV spread: 212 Atk / 252 Def / 44 Spe. I've been rolling with this set since the start of BW2 back in 2012 and it still does wonders in this generation. Walls the fuck out of Ground-types and handles Blaziken pretty well too. A little speed is used just so you can be fasters than some phazers like Groudon or Kyogre As for moves, Dragon Tail is a powerful phazing move which is great on Giratina-O, Shadow Sneak has been mentioned as a strong priority move which allows you to revenge Mewtwo after some prior damage from Xerneas or Zekrom. Defog as you know, removes hazards from the field and Will-o-Wisp helps you whittle down common switches like Ferrothorn or Yveltal.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 212 Atk / 252 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog
- Will-o-Wisp

As a side note, use Clear Smog over Mirror Coat on Gastrodon so you can avoid Xerneas/Ekiller setting up for free on it.

Nice team, Good Luck! :]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)