Zuckerman's Famous Pig - Grumpig Discussion

Grumpig is so cool, I had to make a topic about him!

Traits:
Thick Fat - Grumpig takes 50% damage from Fire and Ice-type attacks.
Own Tempo - Prevents Grumpig from being confused.

Thick Fat is better in most situations, unless you really hate confusion? sighs..

Stats:

HP:80/ Atk:45/ Def:65/ Sp. Atk:90/ Special Defense:110/ Speed:80

Alright, very nice Health and special defense, but that's what he is used for, correct?

Physical Attacks:

He has tons of them, but what is he going to do with base attack of 45? Not much except Focus Punch or whatever, sadly. His Focus Punch on Blissey doesn't 2-OHKO it, I believe so Focus Blast is usually the better, albeit less-accuracy, option.

Special Attacks: (STAB in bold, New stuff in italics)

Psywave
Psybeam

Snore
Psychic
Power Gem
Hidden Power
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Energy Ball
Charge Beam
Grass Knot

Extrasensory

Quite a lot to choose from with little room on the skill bar.

Support Options:

Psych Up
Magic Coat
Calm Mind
Toxic*
Taunt
Light Screen*
Reflect*
Skill Swap
Substitute*
Trick Room
Amnesia
Trick

Lots and lots of useful skills, I couldn't list them all however. *The moves almost everyone learns are only on here because they can also be beneficial to Grumpig.

Move-tutor:

Seismic Toss
Counter
Substitute

Let's get onto movesets now, shall we?

Movesets:

Grumpig w/ Choice Specs/Scarf
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spd
Trait: Thick Fat
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball/Grass Knot
- Shadow Ball/Trick

All-out special attacker, but it is probably not his forte. If you have reason to get rid of Choice-item, Trick can put it in the opponent's hands.

Grumpig w/ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 92 Sp. Atk/ 166 Special Defense
Trait: Thick Fat
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I dunno, I just prefer HP: Fire in some cases. This set probably loses really badly to Houndoom so, Focus Blast or Power Gem can be subbed. The last slot may be anything you wish such as Rest, a screen, Amnesia, or Magic Coat. Magic Coat, I believe, has less effect when using Calm Mind.

Last thoughts:

He could play the role of support and use give trick items to fairly unsuspected walls that would like to set up on him. Grumpig has base 80 speed, which is respectable in his own right. His Special Defense is above average at 110 and his Hit Points are fairly high which make him a decent special tank. I like to use him in Standards every-so-often as an odd change.

I haven't really tried Speed EVs on him yet, so I wouldn't know how to spread the EVs for that.

Discuss my favorite piggy! And feel free to offer any potential, working movesets.

It has my favorite Alakazam moveset, and the stats to pull it off
Psychic/Focus Blast or Grass Knot or something/Trick/filler
@ Choice Specs

You can do some damage with Psychic and the 2nd attack, and later when you switch it back in, you can Trick the Specs to them. Of course, you can Trick at the beginning too. Nothing besides Salamence likes getting a Choice Specs; give those to a Skarmory or something and they get no benefit at all (forced to use 1 move and dont have any special attacks). It works better with Blissey gone, since Blissey can at least have a more powerful Ice Beam (and Thunderbolt on CMBlissey) and wall you.

Yeah, but Choice Specs at least does something even if you don't Trick it.

And there's always things with taunt. They can Taunt before you can Trick the Iron Ball to them, but with Choice Specs at least you can hit them hard

Magic coat is sometimes unexpected and is pretty fun. You can reflect a twave back to blissey or something and run the hell away.

What about a ChestoRest Piggy with Recycle?

It could stay around forever like that.

Something like

Grumpig@Chesto Berry
Thick Fat
Calm: 252 SpDef, 252 HP?
Rest
Recycle
Substitute
Toxic/Thunder Wave/Confuse Ray/Psychic

Switch in on a Flamethrower/Ice Beam, put up a Sub, inflict status, or use Psychic while you wait for your HP to get low. Rest, Recycle, Repeat.

Sub/CM/Psychic/Hp Fire was amazing in UU in ADV, so I assume it will still be pretty good in UU, but as for OU, grumpig pretty much has the same stats or lower as gardevoir, and not even gardevoir is seen that much.

But I could see trickscarf/Specs'ing working pretty well in OU, and messing a few things up maybe, but Zam is still better at that

I think Grumpig will remain having 2 roles: Trickbanding and Special Attack Sop-upping. Both in UU, as his stats just won't let him make OU. However, I can see a highly defensive Grumpig venture into OU from time to time to make Specmence's life like a hell - if he can survive 2 consecutive Draco Meteors, that is. Not sure on that.

If the second Meteor is -2 and Grumpig is Calm with Max HP/Max SpDef, it will barely survive 2, unless i did the numbers wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)