SM Ubers Zygarde Complete (Semi?) Stall

I'm not to sure what archetype this team falls into, is it stall or semi-stall? Either way, I am currently at around 60 GXE thanks to this team (and the incompetence of the low ladder), I only lost ONCE to this one guy with a team that also used Zygarde and Primal Groudon (I swear he's a pro or something), and I just built this team this morning. Here's the team:

zygarde-complete.gif

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail
- Sleep Talk

Move over Eviolite Chansey, THIS is the new bulkiest Pokemon in the game. My team is built around Zygarde Complete, a monster of a physical wall that can phaze opponents and check a variety of Pokemon that would otherwise destroy my team (see Ho-Oh, Primal Groudon, Mega Salamence, etc.) It's a bit underwhelming that it doesn't have any reliable recovery, but Leftovers and RestTalk help remedy that issue.

magearna-original.gif

Magearna-Original @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Pain Split
- Heart Swap

This little (and I mean LITTLE) automaton is my Xerneas check. Isn't it weird how Zygarde Complete is supposed to be more powerful than both Xerneas and Yveltal, yet it loses to both of them? Magearna helps to check Yveltal too, as well as CM Arceus forms (well, most of them), all threats which Zygarde appreciates having gone. Heart Swap in particular trolls Xerneas by stealing its Geomancy boosts, while Fleur and Flash Cannon are there to take advantage of said boosts. Magearna and Zygarde form an excellent core, I'm not even lying.

blissey.gif

Blissey @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy

You all know what Blissey does. You all know it's one of the best Special walls in the game. You all know I put it on here to help Zygarde deal with status. So what's it doing with a Shed Shell? Simply put, this lets Blissey deal with Mega Gengar and other Trappers by letting her switch out of them when she normally couldn't. Also, Seismic Toss is supposed to prevent her from being total Taunt bait, but sometimes it's just a waste of a move slot. You don't know how many times I've clicked Seismic Toss just waiting for my opponent's Lunala to die.

groudon-primal.gif

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Precipice Blades
- Roar

This thing checks pretty much every Water-type except Primal Kyogre, and I swear, there are so many idiots who just keep spamming their Water-type moves trying to hit this thing. I'm not talking about Choice item users, either. Anyways, Primal Groudon's main job is to set up Stealth Rock for shuffling pressure, but time and time again I found myself sweeping with it. That's why I'm not 100% sure if I can call this a true stall team or not. Lava Plume works nice with my team since it can burn the opponent, making it easier to stall them out. I don't think this is the best choice for a stall team, but you're crazy if you think I'm taking it off my team anytime soon.

arceus-water.gif

Arceus @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic

Primal Groudon can switch in to deal with Primal Kyogre, but the same can't be said for when Primal Kyogre switches in on it. That's where Arceus comes in. Arceus-Water acts as a nice soft check to Primal Kyogre and can remove enemy hazards so my team doesn't get too worn down. Recover and Toxic let it stall out anything that can't break past it with super-effective moves, while Judgement is there for STAB. I'm not too sure about this one, so if you have any other suggestions, I'll happily consider those.

sableye-mega.gif

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Finally, we have Mega Sableye. This thing is a decent utility Pokemon with Will-o-wisp for spreading burns, Knock Off for getting rid of troublesome items, and Magic Bounce to troll other status spreaders. It also has Recover for, well, recovery. This thing is another one I'm not too sure about, so if you have any other suggestions that would be great.

zygarde-complete.gif
magearna-original.gif
blissey.gif
groudon-primal.gif
arceus-water.gif
sableye-mega.gif

There we go, if you have any suggestions for this team and how I could possibly make it better (such as a better Kyogre check, as Arceus loses to Thunder variants), I'd really appreciate it.

You shouldn't need arceus water because blissey already deals with most primal kyogres.
Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
I'd use this as another pokemon with reliable recovery and a blanket check for most physical attackers such as Mega Salamence. I hope I helped.

You shouldn't need arceus water because blissey already deals with most primal kyogres.
Lugia @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
I'd use this as another pokemon with reliable recovery and a blanket check for most physical attackers such as Mega Salamence. I hope I helped.
If he replaced arceus then he wouldn't have hazard removal.

This team is nearly the same as the one linked in my signature with Knock Off > Foul Play on Sableye, Sleep Talk > Toxic on Zygarde-Complete, the removal of Rest on Primal Groudon as well as a different Arceus form. The Magearna and Blissey sets were ones that I indicated were potential alterations already.

I am not saying that you intentionally stole it, as many of the sets used are standard ones and thus its possible we both came to very similar conclusions in regards to teambuilding, but I would suggest using that variation of the team as it beats certain key threats better, in my opinion.

Foul Play > Knock Off is much better in Ubers due to the fact that many pokemon lack items to knock off, including all Arceus, Mega's and Primals, while most have high base attack stats to deal damage using Foul Play.

Sleep Talk on Zygarde does work to be more useful during Rest, but Toxic's utility in chipping down certain checks is usually more worthwhile, especially with access to Heal Bell.

I'd also consider either Rest > Precipice Blades on Groudon for the longevity a stall team demands of it, while Precipice Blades is only essential to beating Rest Kyogre (Blissey + Pdon beats all other sets anyway). If you prefer Ground stab, replacing Stealth Rock with Rest and putting Stealth Rock > Seismic onto Blissey is an option, although this makes Blissey fairly passive.

Arceus-Water is also kind of useless for the team, since Kyogre is answered by Primal Groudon and Blissey, while as of now Mega Lucario, Rayquaza (especially mix) and opposing Zygarde in a last mon situation and carrying a set-up move are also near instant losses. I would suggest an Arceus-Ground with 252hp / 70 def / 192 speed and a Timid nature so that you can outspeed and one hit opposing Mega Lucario's, using a moveset of Judgment / Ice Beam (to bring down Salamence / Rayquaza / Zygarde) / Defog / Recover.

This team is nearly the same as the one linked in my signature with Knock Off > Foul Play on Sableye, Sleep Talk > Toxic on Zygarde-Complete, the removal of Rest on Primal Groudon as well as a different Arceus form. The Magearna and Blissey sets were ones that I indicated were potential alterations already.

I am not saying that you intentionally stole it, as many of the sets used are standard ones and thus its possible we both came to very similar conclusions in regards to teambuilding, but I would suggest using that variation of the team as it beats certain key threats better, in my opinion.

Foul Play > Knock Off is much better in Ubers due to the fact that many pokemon lack items to knock off, including all Arceus, Mega's and Primals, while most have high base attack stats to deal damage using Foul Play.

Sleep Talk on Zygarde does work to be more useful during Rest, but Toxic's utility in chipping down certain checks is usually more worthwhile, especially with access to Heal Bell.

I'd also consider either Rest > Precipice Blades on Groudon for the longevity a stall team demands of it, while Precipice Blades is only essential to beating Rest Kyogre (Blissey + Pdon beats all other sets anyway). If you prefer Ground stab, replacing Stealth Rock with Rest and putting Stealth Rock > Seismic onto Blissey is an option, although this makes Blissey fairly passive.

Arceus-Water is also kind of useless for the team, since Kyogre is answered by Primal Groudon and Blissey, while as of now Mega Lucario, Rayquaza (especially mix) and opposing Zygarde in a last mon situation and carrying a set-up move are also near instant losses. I would suggest an Arceus-Ground with 252hp / 70 def / 192 speed and a Timid nature so that you can outspeed and one hit opposing Mega Lucario's, using a moveset of Judgment / Ice Beam (to bring down Salamence / Rayquaza / Zygarde) / Defog / Recover.
LOL really? I did not check that team at all... Anyway, great suggestions! I don't want to copy you, per se, but I'll definitely use the suggestions. So that means I'll have to change Groudon's nature to Calm, huh?
Lugia @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
If he replaced arceus then he wouldn't have hazard removal.
Yeah, what he said. I'd use Lugia if it had Defog, but otherwise I need an Arceus form.

Zygarde doesn't really need the Aromatherapy from Blissey as it can just sleep away any toxic or burns. However, I would reccomend this set:

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpDef
Nature: Careful
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I reccomend this set because it allows you to more easily take on Xerneas (which is on every team). If you coil up you immediately have the defense EVs back, as well as extra attack. Coiling first allows you to possibly Coil again before you transform to complete form. You can still die to a Xerneas that's set up, but thats why you have Blissey, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)