Salutations, Smogonites and Smogonettes. Welcome again to another interesting installation of Trivia by The Smog. By this point you must be getting as bored of me as you get of the Trick Master, right? Well the Trick Master is one of the best side-adventures in RSE, so that's a good thing! Anyway, due to time constraints and me being busy in real life, this issue will only carry five questions instead of the usual ten. However, I have felt the pain of a mathematics exam, and as a result, I'll judge this issue's trivia accordingly. Yes, I love being evil in a position of power.
But first, I think we need to recognize the winner of Issue #13's Trivia, a good friend of mine—though I assure you, I was not biased. This user has also taken part in the Trivia on the now defunct IRC channel. I'm talking about none other than Coronis! He won on the first come, first serve basis out of the 5 people that got 9/10. No perfect scores this time, though. Maybe we'll get one this time around!
Issue #13 Trivia Answers
- 1. Only one Pokemon is able to gain STAB on Explosion. What is it?
- Lickilicky, as Smeargle is not counted as learning Explosion.
- 2. Name three Pokemon that have specific items.
- Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Farfetch'd, Clamperl, Pikachu, Chansey, Ditto, Genesect, Feebas, Porygon, Porygon2, Electabuzz, Magmar, Rhydon, Dusclops, Happiny, Sneasel, and Gligar. That's right, evolution inducing items are still counted as exclusive. Thick Club and Soul Dew do not count, sadly, since Latios and Latias are different, as are Cubone and Marowak.
- 3. In the Beauty category of moves, which type is the most commonly occuring?
- Normal comes up 20 times, Fire a measly 14, and Water the next at 10 times.
- 4. The Durin Berry has a bitterness rating of 30. Name one other berry with this value.
- When I said "this value", I meant Bitter and strength 30. Ganlon and Petaya were the only ones.
- 5. How many different Electric-type variants of Natural Gift are there?
- Pecha, Wepear, Belue, and Wacan are the only Lightning-generating Natural Gifts, so 4.
- 6. Not counting Arceus, how many Pokemon that gain STAB on Grass Knot take full damage from it?
- Virizion and Torterra are the only ones, even though Virizion only barely squeaks in at 120 BP.
- 7. There are 18 critical-hit moves. How many are available to 4 or fewer evolution lines?
- 8. Aeroblast, Attack Order, Blaze Kick, Crabhammer, Spacial Rend, Drill Liner, Shadow Blast, and Mountain Storm.
- 8. Only one legendary Pokemon cannot gain STAB on its signature move. What is the Pokemon and move?
- Genosect and Techno Buster. It's a sad life...
- 9. Name 5 Pokemon that give a total EV yield of 3 that are not dual-typed.
- There were many options. In National Dex Order; Blastoise, Raichu, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Alakazam, Machamp, Mewtwo, Mew, Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Ampharos, Azumarill, Politoed, Blissey, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Sceptile, Gardevoir, Slaking, Exploud, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Kyogre, Groudon, Deoxys, Deoxys, Deoxys, Deoxys, Luxray, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Electivire, Magmortar, Porygon-Z, Dusknoir, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Regigigas, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Shaymin, Arceus, Jalorda, Daikenki, Murando, Gigalith, Roobushin, Gothiruzelle, Baibanira, Gigigear, Shibirudon, Ononokusu, Tornelos.
- 10. Name all moves that are unusable while Gravity is in effect.
- 8. Bounce, Fly, Splash, Jump Kick, Hi Jump Kick, Freefall, Telekinesis, Magnet Rise.
Issue #14 Trivia
Anyway, this issue's Trivia will be done slightly differently, so read carefully! The very first thing you should know is that this time I will be harsher on the PMs sent to The Smog. When sending your answers, the PM must be titled "Issue (X) Trivia" without the quotes. Some examples of what I will not read are listed below.
- "Issue 14 Trivia"
- Issue (14) Trivia
- "Issue (14) Trivia
I will only accept: Issue 14 Trivia. This actually shows me that you bothered to read the whole thing and as a result are more likely to get the questions right. On top of this, most of these questions will be of either a mathematical or logical nature, and so each question will carry three marks. One mark for identifying what the questions require of you, one mark for spoken reasoning as to what you have done and why, and the last mark for the correct answer. However, if you give an answer alone without your reasoning, regardless if it's correct or not, I will automatically mark it wrong. Anyway, take a few breaths and get ready.
- Gengar, Magnezone, and Heatran are tied. Zapdos is underneath Heatran, above Togekiss but ties with Roserade. Name three other Pokemon from the respective tier that are not as good as Togekiss but better than Tyranitar.
- A progression has the first term of Azelf, and the last term of Weezing. Who is the 12th term?
- A formula of Base Power divided by PP can be used to measure the effectiveness of critical hit moves. Which one on this principle is considered the worst?
- The subject is Night Slash. Ground holds the value of 5. Name another type that holds the same value as Flying.
- The first is in Bronzong but not in Breloom. The second, fourth, and sixth are in Dragonite but not Dusknoir. The third is in Magnezone but not Metagross. The fifth is in Togekiss, not Tyranitar. Seventh is in Electivire but not Empoleon. The last is in Heatran, not Hippowdon. Which Pokemon am I?