Salutations and well wishes, everyone! I bet you're all preoccupied with the Smog Awards, and who wouldn't be? They're exciting, they don't happen every year, and they always make for some hilarious results, depending on who wins! Of course, it's all just fun and games, no need to take it too seriously... Right? I'm sure we can all get along nicely, and if we can't... Well...
In any instance, I've come up with an exciting new way of doing Trivia this time round! And I promise, I'm not using it as an excuse for me to do less work! I have great time-management skills! I just wanted to shake things up is all, not because I haven't been able to come up with questions (you all bought that, right?)!
But first thing's first, let's hit us up with some answers! This time, congratulations to Level 51! As always, please ask Mekkah for your prize. Last issue was rather easy, in my opinion, but nonetheless, there were some shortcomings. I won't name and shame anyone, but for your reference, here's the answers!
- 1. Of the trio of Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Flamethrower, which one has the smallest distribution?
- Flamethrower. Only 145.
- 2. Ignoring level up, which is the most common evolution method?
- It's a close call between stones and happiness, but it is indeed Evolutionary Stones, with a smidge over 30.
- 3. Name one of the typing combinations new to Black and White.
- Any of the following were acceptable: Psychic / Fire, Ground / Dark, Dark / Fighting, Normal / Grass, Water / Ghost, Bug / Electric, Grass / Steel, Ghost / Fire, Ground / Electric, Ground / Ghost, Dark / Steel, Bug / Fire, Dark / Dragon, Dragon / Electric, Dragon / Ice, Dragon / Fire, Normal / Fighting, or Rock / Fighting. Also, the Rotom Formes applied - Electric / Fire, Electric / Ice, Electric / Grass!
- 4. Which legendary trios have been Box Mascots?
- The RSE Trio of Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, along with the DPP Trio of Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.
- 5. For evolution from Stage 1 to Stage 2, ignoring non-level up evolutions, what is the mean average evolution level?
- MATH TIME! *Squee* Okay, when I say Stage 1 to Stage 2, that means from Middle to Final. For example, from Zweilous to Hydreigon. So, you get 36, to the nearest whole number.
- 6. Name all of the Normal / Flying type Pokemon ever released.
- The list is as follows: Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Spearow, Fearow, Farfetch'd, Doduo, Dodrio, Hoothoot, Noctowl, Togetic, Swablu, Taillow, Swellow, Starly, Staravia, Staraptor, Chatot, Togekiss, Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant, Rufflet, and Braviary.
- 7. Barring the use of Sacred Ash and Pokémon Centers, what is the cheapest way you could restore the following party of 6 to full health?
- The maximum HP was not given on purpose. That way, you have to assume that a Revival Herb would be cheaper than Revive + Hyper Potion. A few clever solutions involving patience were given, but in the end, to heal the entire party instantly with the convenience of capitalism, it would cost 12450 bits.
- 8. If Tyranitar uses Mean Look as Terrakion uses Agility, if Terrakion tries to U-turn next turn, would Tyranitar's incoming Pursuit hit before or after?
- Terrakion's U-turn would hit, then Tyranitar's Pursuit, before U-turn's switch happens.
- 9. If Gliscor uses Agility, but then Baton Passes to a Jolly Venonat as the opposing Choice Scarf Vanillite's Bulldoze hits and triggers, who will be faster on the next turn?
- Following Bulldoze, Venonat and Vanillite will have the same Speed modifer of x1.5. So it comes down to who has the higher base Speed, and that's Venonat.
- 10. What would happen if Wobbuffet used Conversion to become Steel-type as the opponent switches in Magnezone?
- One of two things would happen, and it depends on the Magnezone—Magnet Pull causes a trap unless either uses Volt Switch or U-turn, whereas Sturdy allows Wobbuffet to escape.
Now! Now this is where I unveil my grand plan for this issue's Trivia! Normally at this point I say a few condescending words about your intelligence levels and leave you with some questions, however, this week, I think it's only fair for you guys to get your own back! So, what I want you all to do is send the "Issue (X) Trivia" PM to The Smog like always, except this time, rather than answering questions, you're going to be asking them!
That's right, one PM per person, and each PM can only have five questions. If it contains more than five, then I'll only read the first five. What I'll then do for the next issue is collect the 10 questions I liked most, and give my answer to them. Feel free to respond through either my own personal inbox or The Smog whether I got your question right or not! Of course, what's in it for you, I hear you say. Simple! If your question gets featured, you win the standard prize. That means a grand total of ten prizes next issue! And who knows, even if your question isn't presented as a winner, it might be used in next issue's questions anyway!
I'm looking forward to hearing from you all!
~ Professor Zy