The walls tremble as yet another Birkgoon is thrown against the walls.
"Where is he?!"
The lone figure in his lab coat roars at seemingly nobody. He feels a cartoonistic urge to shout his attack names.
The door blasts open, and what befalls the warrior is a sight he had not seen in weeks, almost months.
A Public Letter
Your attempt to overthrow the Smogon Monarchy has not gone unheeded. The fact that you would even risk attempting to remove me from the picture to take out the reign of His Majesty shows how determined yet desperate you are. What a fool.
The Rubik's cube in my left hand and the Choice Scarf in my right will ensure that your diabolic plans never come to fruition. I have escaped your "confinement" and "barricades." I am currently gathering my forces and strength, and soon, you will hear back from me.
You are never safe. My Download has resolved.
Hello, folks! Don't mind this head bandage, or this arm cast, or this IV needle. I'm completely fine from my *ahem* fall down the stairs. That's why I was gone last issue. American health care is extremely inferior to the NHS. I asked for some ibuprofen and the nurse brought me nachos. I think that sums up my experience quite well.
In any case, I appreciate that Level 51 filled in for me last issue. Did he do a good job? Do leave feedback—maybe it'll give me the chance to go on vacation more often!
So, without further ado, here's the answers to his questions.
- How many abilities are only available as Dream World abilities?
15—Imposter, Toxic Boost, Zen Mode, Flare Boost, Multiscale, Harvest, Magic Bounce, Contrary, Friend Guard, Heavy Metal, Light Metal, Pickpocket, Moody, Rattled, and Analytic.
- Name all the HGSS TMs that are available through the use of the Pokéwalker.
TM07 Hail from Icy Mountain Rd., TM10 Hidden Power and TM15 Hyper Beam from Quiet Cave, TM11 Sunny Day from Blue Lake, TM18 Rain Dance from Dim Cave, TM29 Psychic from Night Sky's Edge, TM37 Sandstorm from Town Outskirts, and TM 68 Giga Impact from White Lake.
- Which Pokemon takes the least damage from Choice Band Rampardos's Head Smash, assuming they hold no items?
In terms of absolute damage, it's Shedinja, which takes only 1 damage. If we're talking about percentages, it's technically a Blissey that has Mimicked Transform and Transformed into Steelix.
- What is the most common BST among all LC Pokémon? How many Pokémon share this BST?
The most common BST in Little Cup is 300, and 18 Pokémon (Bagon, Baltoy, Beldum, Bellsprout, Bronzor, Croagunk, Deino, Dratini, Geodude, Gible, Klink, Larvitar, Minccino, Poliwag, Remoraid, Sandshrew, Snorunt, and Snubbull), share a BST of 300.
- Name all the Pokemon that can appear in multiple levels of the Battle Pyramid.
Raichu, Jolteon, Haunter, Gengar, Ludicolo, Ninetales, Dusclops, Banette, Misdreavus, Shedinja, Absol, Weezing, Golem, Pineco, Forretress, Shiftry, Wobbuffet, Slowking, Starmie, Steelix, Shuckle, Armaldo, Heracross, Quagsire, Lapras, Cacturne, Flareon, Walrein, Gyarados, Scizor, Sneasel, Houndoom, Dewgong, Sableye, Aerodactyl, and Poliwrath.
- Black Tower is how many floors tall?
20. Note that this figure also includes the Ground Floor, i.e. the lobby!
- My King's Rock Jirachi has just used Iron Head on my foe's Umbreon. What is the chance of it flinching?
The chance is 60% if Umbreon has Synchronize (King's Rock does not affect Iron Head in Gen V), or 0% if it has Inner Focus.
- The music in the Castelia Sewers can be found where else?
- Who is the only person to have won two Pokémon TCG World Championships? In what years did (s)he win them?
Jason Klaczynski won the Pokémon TCG World Championships in 2006 and 2008.
- Name all the legendary trios ever to not have equal BSTs among all three members.
Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres (in Gen I!), Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus, Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza, Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem.
Wow! These were pretty hard. Even I got a few wrong. Clearly Level 51's doing something right, eh? In any case, congratulations go out to MeteorMiss and Someoneelse, for winning our once again esteemed prize of this old sock, which doubles as a custom title. Feel free to PM the relevant authorities to claim your prize, and maybe inform them of some inner corruption going on.
So, to keep you guys tied over, here are some more questions, as per usual. Stay sharp!
- Shedinja is a Ghost-type with 45 Defense. Only one other Pokemon fits this criteria. What is it?
- The total number of buildings in Petalburg City is 6. How many signs are there?
- Of all the plates, only one has a name length that is equivalent to the length of the name of the type it boosts. Which is it?
- Presa, Klammer, and Hasamu are all the same thing. Name all the Pokemon with access to it.
- Bug-types are primarily which color group?
- In the Fiore Region's Browser, which Field Move appears consecutively the most times?
- Red, when you defeat him on Mt. Silver in HGSS, pays out how much as prize money?
- Kricketot, as of Boundaries Crossed, and ignoring Plasma Gale, has had how many TCG printings?
- A Rotom-W with Choice Specs, a positive nature, and maximum Special Attack EV investment would take how many shots to take out a 252 HP / 252 Special Defense Suicune with a +Special Defense nature, assuming PP is unlimited?
- Lightningrod has appeared on a very limited pool of Pokemon. Ignoring unique abilities, which abilities have lower distribution than it?
Good luck, have fun, and, as always, give your answers in a PM titled "Issue (X) Trivia" to The Smog.