Floatzel AND sand!

About 5 months ago i stumbled upon the cradilly strategy page and decided to make a team with it. In a sandstorm, cradilly counters every single special sweeper in the game minus modest life orb gengar or zam with focus blast and 252 SpA evs. I then put together a team that was quite good. (I even beat Justinawe once!) The team consisted of a mixchamp, scarfchomp, agiligross, forry, hippo, and cradilly. I eventually subed out forry for magnezone and then mixchamp has been substituted for multiple things ranging from sweepers, anti leads, and even a lvl 1 smeargle. Garchomp was substituted with heatran and then eventually scarfnite when he was banned from OU. Then about 2 weeks ago i came upon the floatzel strategy page and immidiately fell in love with this waterweazel and he finally filled in that missing gap in this team. Lets take a look!

Floatzel @ Leftovers

40HP/252def/216Spe Jolly(+Spe-Atk)
Swift Swim

Bulk Up
Baton Pass
Taunt
Waterfall

Floatzel is fast with 115 speed. He can taunt a multitude of things and then bulk up. He laughs at gyarados who think that they can setup on him while he just bulks up and takes physical hits like a champ. He also works like a physical espyjump which can bulk up on the switch, then baton pass +1Atk and Def. Also kills infernape that thinks he is faster them him and scarftran if he is at full health. Also, who cannot like this cute water weazel!

Metagross @ Shuca Berry

152HP/252Atk/104Spe Adamant (+Atk-SpA)
Clear Body
Agility
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Explosion

This is the primary guy that will recieve bulk ups. After 2 bulk ups and 1 agility, he can destroy most of his counters like suicune. Even though thunderpunch would allow it to handle skarmory and bulky waters better, explosion allows it to take out something my team cant handle well. He has given me many 6-0s

Dragonite @ Choice Scarf
252Atk/4Def/252Spe Adamant (+Atk-SpA)
Inner Focus
Outrage
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch
Earthquake

Scarfnite is like a more powerfull garchomp but can switch into less things. after about a month of playing with this guy, i have finally got a feel on what he can switch into, and what he cannot. I will dragonclaw earlier in the game to see what they have to resist dragon, the outrage when i know it is safe. I am still deciding if i want to keep this setup, or go with the one of the strategy page.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
172HP/252SpA/84Spe Modest (+SpA-Atk)
Magnet Pull
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Ice)
Substitute
Magnet Rise

I dont have much to say exept this guy kills his steel brothers while being a decent skymin counter. Allows his team members to do thier job while still not wasting a team spot.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
252HP/4Atk/252Def Impish (+Def -SpA)
Sand Stream
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Roar
Slack Off

Hippo is a great physical wall. Also brings in sand so even if he doesnt do a single move, he has allready benefieted my team. He can also cause quite a bunch of damage and thats more then skarmory can say. He also isnt trapped by magnezone and provides a nice electric immunity. Roar stops things that think they can setup on him (im looking at you gyarados)

Cradilly @ Leftovers
252Hp/164Def/92SpD Carefull (+SpD -SpA)
Suction Cups
Toxic
Rock Side
Recover
Mirror Coat

Awesome special wall that can also take hits from the physical side as well. Most physical attacks that are not Super effective usually do from 40-50% and will get toxicstalled to death. Also sets up those rocks that everyone hates. Dont knock cradilly untill you try him. He seriosuyl should be UBER

I have found that i can deal with every single special sweeper with cradilly. Notable exeptions include MAX spa modest focus blast from a life orbed or specs gengar or alakazam and skymin. They are all countered by scarfnite. I have found that not one pokemon runs through my team. Thanks for your time and rate away!

I don't see how Magnezone is a "decent Skymin counter" if he can't outspeed him.
I never said good, i said decent. a 4x resist to seedflare and 2xresist to air slash with hp ice allows it to counter skymin decently. And if he doesnt, it allows scarfnite to kill it off.

Use stockpile on cradily over stealth rock and put rocks on hippo. A non-phazable cradily with boosts will toxistall everything to heck.

Cradilly @ Leftovers
252Hp/164Def/92SpD Carefull (+SpD -SpA)
Suction Cups
Toxic
Rock Side
Recover
Stealth Rock

Awesome special wall that can also take hits from the physical side as well. Most physical attacks that are not Super effective usually do from 40-50% and will get toxicstalled to death. Also sets up those rocks that everyone hates. Dont knock cradilly untill you try him. He seriosuyl should be UBER

instead of stealth rock i use to use mirror coat. it really pissed people off.

i was reading over your team agian and well floatzel even thought he is fast he sould still have aqua jet instead of waterfall

and on dragonite change outrage or dragon claw for aqua tail, thunder punch ice punch or iron head

i was reading over your team agian and well floatzel even thought he is fast he sould still have aqua jet instead of waterfall

and on dragonite change outrage or dragon claw for aqua tail, thunder punch ice punch or iron head
i dont need them because firepunch and earthquake covers what resist dragon. dargonclaw is needed early on to not get trapped into outrage, and outrage has the power to KO stuff lategame

Waterfall is just filler and has the power to kill things that aqua jet just deosnt

But mirrorcoat is an excellent move that worked very well, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)