Finals The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Finals! [Won by Oceania]

Status
Not open for further replies.
GG pana. It was close and I enjoy your attitude.

@Oceanians and other people whining about luck:

I'd like to point out that while the last 60/40 was in pana's favor, the way I had seen the situation about 10 turns prior to the end was that he needed 3 flinches to win. He got the first two so I'd say you guys were pretty well off in the "fortunate" department :/.

Also, I missed out on a guaranteed win 5 turns from the end. Sloppy play from me at 2:30 am but whatever I'm going to move into college soon so I won't have another chance to play. Glad I could get my battle done and GO ASIA!!

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Nobody is complaining about luck. I'm complimenting him on his performance to get to that position.

There were a number of "lucky" scenarios in that battle for both of you - but that's not what I'm getting at in the slightest.

I don't really know what that second line is referring to, but you used the term "unlucky" so I thought you were discussing luck.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
and....husk remains undefeated for the tournament at an astounding 7-0. From his post I'm assuming if it came down to it, he wouldn't play the tie breaker? Either way I'm pretty impressed, still have oceania taking it though.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i have faith in you oceania. please do it.

i dont want to sit around next year and write a WCOP V topic about how many times in a row asia won.

make it stop.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
huskies :)

no he will still play the tiebreaker if needed though I don't think we'll need it.

this is truly finals, both games being 1-0 :)

junior, i will confirm with aldaron and tell you, i've already dropped him a message.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
thats awesome!

also something asia should be wary of:

[00:02:51] <husk> also pana goes afk for 5 minutes
[00:03:02] <husk> and then earthworm posts a damage calc in the main chat
[00:03:05] <husk> (on a different turn)
[00:03:08] <husk> and then they come back
[00:03:10] <husk> lol
[00:03:14] <Shiv> lol
[00:03:18] <Shiv> its ok
[00:03:29] <husk> yeah you just have to warn the other guys
[00:03:45] <Shiv> just post in the topic
[00:03:47] <Shiv> who cares

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I thought it would be okay to damage calc on the last turn, I'm sorry it took so long (pretty sure it was less then 5 minutes though), but that move was so crucial that I had to calc it. Whenever possible I avoid dragging on the game by calcing (I actually think that's the first time I'm done a damage calc in a game), but honestly I wouldn't forgive myself if I knew I had the chance to know which is the right move and I made the wrong one just to avoid wasting a little time.

I didn't mean that in the sense that you guys wasted time but I was in a similar situation (my mistake though) and I didn't calc espeed vs your jirachi because I thought I shouldn't be able to. So I figured I'd tell my teammates it's ok for them or someone watching to calc stuff for them if they didn't know...I wasn't aware the log would end up here though.

panamaxis

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ah I see, that's fair enough, I really think that both sides should be allowed to calc stuff if its really crucial (not calcing every other turn though).

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I have never heard of any rule against using damage calculators in tournaments. I've been doing it for years..

Have a nice day.

Lol husk still wins at 2:30 am. Too good.

I don't know why anybody would EVER predict against husk. That's just stupid >_>.
Well, husk is a great player, but so is panamaxis. You could have that same argument with pana too, as their both top notch players.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah shiv im not sure what you are trying to prove here... its a damage calculator.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I know Diingbong, it just so happens that a few non badged users post stupid stuff that is not only sucking up, but belittling my teammates. Badged users haven't been the ones saying "OMG HUSK IS SO GREAT AND PANA HAS NO CHANCE" now have they? Conversely, non badged users like warthog and darkness wolf haven't posted retarted shit so I haven't "called them out"

@NightFalcon - How does it feel to not be playing for any team?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Let's not start a flame war. Anyways, being down 2-0 mmeans nothing, I'm confident Oceania can pull out the win.

panamaxis

^ Words of truth.

I would like to take this chance to congratulate husk for his endeavours in the WC. I'm doing this now because husk will be leaving before all the battles will be finished.

Husk, you've been undeafeated this whole tournament, you have captained (or co-captained wtvr) your team well and led from the front lines and pulling through when your team needed you (vs Phillip7089 mainly). You have a great attitude and you were very accomodating to organising a time to battle that suited me. I thank you for this.

I know I didn't join this World Cup solely for winning, but rather for the chance to play strong opposition and hopefully become a better battler from learning from my mistakes (and from their strengths). So far in this competition, I think I've learned from all of my opponents, such as the power of creativity and suprise from Taylor and VIL. I'd like to thank all my opponents for this.

Well done husk, you really are the model example of a terrific battler and person, you've done more then anyone from asia could have asked of you.

But, don't count oceania out just yet, 2-0 is way to early to be considering us down and out (especially with both of them being extremely close matches).

Shiv

mostly harmless
yeah shiv im not sure what you are trying to prove here... its a damage calculator.
i just posted it because husk was like 'tell everyone' and i thought it was the easiest way to tell everyone.

edit: don't you diss warthog by calling him 'non-badged', he's a far greater user than you will ever be.

edit2: don't worry husk wont leave before the battles are done, he's sticking around till the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)