Team Fireflies

Team Fireflies

INTR0DUCTI0N
I wanted to make my first RMT on Team Fireflies, which has been my most successful team tournament-wise being a major part of my 6-1 in SPL. I named it after “Fireflies” by Owl City, beast song for beast team. Originally, I made this team with random thoughts I had in mind, until I noticed it was T00 G00D. I have to mention Atticus though, since after losing to him with this team I’ve stopped choking A L0T. His Kingdra quickly made it to the team, making the team even more exciting to play with. Sadly, now that Salamence has been banned the team hasn’t been doing well, and I want to get some ideas like potential replacements for Salamence. You never know, I might use it once again. Although, I have to say this team is A L0T of fun to play with, but requires an EN0RM0US amount of prediction (which I like). Three DRAG0NS can really get you into trouble xD.

LIGHTING THE PRESENT

TEAM FIREFLIES

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 48 SpA / 208 Spe
Hasty Nature (-Def, +Spe)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Fire Blast

INF0RMATI0N
Tyranitar, the beasts of beasts, served as the perfect lead for the current metagame at the time. I took an offensive twist on it making him one of my most reliable stallbreakers. It catches Forry and Skarm taking them out of my path for my DRAG0NS. Not only does serve as a surprise, but also sets STEALTH R0CK. I can only boast of his performance.

Kingdra @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk,-SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rest

INF0RMATI0N
Kingdra was a boss at this time; I can say only a few people knew of Chesto Kingdra, and I abused this to the fullest. Just Dragon Dance up on bulky waters and weak attacks, and follow to K0 your opponent’s team. It’s easy and fun to use. One game I remember was against Pride during SPL, his stall team was owning me left and right (Tyranitar’s Fire Blast wasn’t strong enough for Skarmory :x) Then, at the last moment with a score of 5-2 I started dancing like a DRAG0N. Pride was still confident, until I rested…all I can say is that Kingdra was owning even under Outrage’s confusion. It was a G00D battle!

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (-Atk, +SpA)
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

INF0RMATI0N
Hmm…Gengar, my favorite ghost, he shakes Blissey’s egg out of its socket. I think this is Philip7086’s set, props dude! Well onto how it works, just sub up on status, switch, or resistance and get ready to wreak havoc. I remember it doing some “Lite work” on Stone Cold, taking even Snorlax. This pokemon is a boss.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (-SpA, +Spe)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

INF0RMATI0N
This is definitely my favorite DRAG0N; Garchomp just tried to be him to hard. He cleans the mess left behind my other pokemon, and likes it. He jumps into Electric attacks with no pity, and rages, quakes, or edges whatever is gonna come in. He also serves as an ultimate check for all dancing and polishing pokemon. He was too G00D to pass up!

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (-SpD, +Spe)
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast

INF0RMATI0N
This dude DRAG0N controlled the OU tier, making other pokemon become useless in the tier. Something that I miss of him is the excitement he brought to OU through prediction. Not every pokemon can do this. Salamence’s stallbreaking capabilities were unheard of, and as a result his P0WER called the council. Let me rephrase that, his P0WER created the council.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (-Atk, + Spe)
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Electric

INF0RMATI0N
The “North Wind” I think; he sure lives up to his name. Offensive Suicune was a beast, and will remain a beast. If used right he beats Celebi and Shaymin, which not all bulky waters can do! He played as my prime Gyarados check, and as the surprise wrecker of Breloom, Lucario, and countless other pokemon.

LIGHTING THE FUTURE

C0NCLUSI0N
Thanks Team Fireflies for being the best, and thanks to all the people that have helped me out in some way or another like MDragon, Earthworm, Bad Ass, Sonius, Heist, zapper22001, snorlax, Cost, Orcelot005, locopoke, tito, Mizuno, hanke, reyscarface, Scimjara, franky, Rising_Dusk, legendary_07 and others I forgot to mention (if I didn't mention you hit me up!). I want to ultimately thank LTDCE for being the best, and for our beast comeback!

NOTE: Condolences to everyone who suffered in 9/11/01.

*Made "INF0RMATI0N" concise as to not mention the obvious.
*Credit to Jibaku and vashta's RMTs as guides, and PE2K for Pokemon Sprites.

Threat List:
*ONLY MAJOR THREATS

1)
Flygon - Choice Scarf, Choice Band

2)
Kingdra - Dragon Dance (Chesto)

3)
Jirachi - Calm Mind (Wish and Superachi)

4)
Machamp - Anti-Lead

5)
Swampert - MixPert

Hey ENZ0,

Nice team you have here! Have you considered trying LO Heatran as a replacement to Salamence? It takes care of almost all of the threats you mentioned. Heatran will bring in things like Suicune and Starmie for Kingdra to setup on. Also, you could try changing Sub Split Gengar to 4 attack LOgar and lure in things like Blissey to blow up on. Unfortunately, I think the metagame has shifted to where Subs are harder to get with Gengar because almost everyone expects Sub Split Gengar. Heatran will also have an easier time busting through teams with BLissey gone, and vice versa. I would 5 star this if I could. Great team!

Maybe you could switch Salamence to a Mixed Dragonite (Wow, creative aren't I?). More bulk means you could use Roost more effectively, Super Power is a stronger attack against Blissey, and thunderbolt lets you hit those annoying bulky waters.

Hey ENZ0, I have played this team a lot and you asked me to test it during its testing phase. It is no doubt a good team, but the banning of Salamence is a huge blow to it.

Firstly, I dont think Tyranitar really works as a lead in this metagame unless you are using something like Slowbro, Restalk Gyarados or Crocune. Machamp leads are just too annoying and they could potentially KO 2-3 of your pokemon if played right. For this reason, I would like to replace it for Life Orb Heatran lead. Heatran has the ability to defeat Machamp leads and checks Jirachi quite well [only fearing HP Ground or an untimely miss]. Heatran also gives you a much needed Dragon-resist and helps lure out and defeat MixPert, and can Explode on Kingdra if it tries to set up.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Modest | Flash Fire
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Stealth Rock | Overheat | HP Grass | Explosion

Heatran also lures in bulky-waters for Kingdra to set up on, and can also remove things like Blissey so Suicune has an easier time. Heatran also gives you something to switch into Scizor's U-turns and beats the Swords Dance versions.

With Salamence gone, that spot obviously needs replacing. Unfortunately I am unsure over who would fit that spot perfectly, as your team covers most threats quite well. I would suggest trying out a number of different Pokemon and even trying Mixed Flygon and using another Scarfer in that position. Mixed Flygon lures out Skarmory, Forretress, Gyarados and other threats to Kingdra and either KOes them or weakens them quite substantially. Another Pokemon that could give you trouble would be Roar Vaporeon and the rising in popularity Haze Milotic. Kingdra is unable to set up on them and they can Recover off many of your attacks. A grass-type like Shaymin could fit quite well as it generally beats Kingdra and these other annoying bulky waters.

Either way, great team.

***** stars.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
yeah those dragons looks like it could ravage your team. so i haven't really got a legit replacement, but maybe look for cm jirachi + 3 attacks with shuca berry > mence. the choice of attacks include cm / grass knot / thunderbolt / psychic with the ev spread of 252 spa / 252 spe timid natured. what jirachi adds is a steel-typing to your team to take on outrage, and this follows your offensive momentum as well. cm + grass knot eats swamperts food, which can pave away an easy sweep for dd kingdra, flygon, and others. i know roar swampert can be problematic. shuca berry allows you to survive and lure in scarf flygon's earthquake and if it has taken previous prior damage, it might ohko after one boost.

minus that, well built team son! i can vouch for mix mence + offensive suicune's ability to pair well together. and with mence gone, this might lose some effectiveness, but try my suggestion anyways!

Quick rate or at least I'm suggesting fillers.

LOTran in place of Salamence with the moveset: Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse, Hidden Power Grass, Explosion. This functions extremely similar to your Salamence, as well as being able to hit hard the same things that it did.

AL50, 7YP1NG L1K3 TH15 was kind of a turnoff reading this, hurt my eyes.

Hey ENZ0,

Nice team you have here! Have you considered trying LO Heatran as a replacement to Salamence? It takes care of almost all of the threats you mentioned. Heatran will bring in things like Suicune and Starmie for Kingdra to setup on. Also, you could try changing Sub Split Gengar to 4 attack LOgar and lure in things like Blissey to blow up on. Unfortunately, I think the metagame has shifted to where Subs are harder to get with Gengar because almost everyone expects Sub Split Gengar. Heatran will also have an easier time busting through teams with BLissey gone, and vice versa. I would 5 star this if I could. Great team!
I'm really liking the idea undisputed, and together with Heist's I think we're on to something. I definitely need a steel! Also, 4 attack LOgar seems interesting; I will try it for sure! Thanks for the rate!

Maybe you could switch Salamence to a Mixed Dragonite (Wow, creative aren't I?). More bulk means you could use Roost more effectively, Super Power is a stronger attack against Blissey, and thunderbolt lets you hit those annoying bulky waters.
Sounds like a cool idea, but I'm really trying avoid another DRAG0N atm. Thanks for the rate might metagross!

Hey ENZ0, I have played this team a lot and you asked me to test it during its testing phase. It is no doubt a good team, but the banning of Salamence is a huge blow to it.

Firstly, I dont think Tyranitar really works as a lead in this metagame unless you are using something like Slowbro, Restalk Gyarados or Crocune. Machamp leads are just too annoying and they could potentially KO 2-3 of your pokemon if played right. For this reason, I would like to replace it for Life Orb Heatran lead. Heatran has the ability to defeat Machamp leads and checks Jirachi quite well [only fearing HP Ground or an untimely miss]. Heatran also gives you a much needed Dragon-resist and helps lure out and defeat MixPert, and can Explode on Kingdra if it tries to set up.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Modest | Flash Fire
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Stealth Rock | Overheat | HP Grass | Explosion

Heatran also lures in bulky-waters for Kingdra to set up on, and can also remove things like Blissey so Suicune has an easier time. Heatran also gives you something to switch into Scizor's U-turns and beats the Swords Dance versions.

With Salamence gone, that spot obviously needs replacing. Unfortunately I am unsure over who would fit that spot perfectly, as your team covers most threats quite well. I would suggest trying out a number of different Pokemon and even trying Mixed Flygon and using another Scarfer in that position. Mixed Flygon lures out Skarmory, Forretress, Gyarados and other threats to Kingdra and either KOes them or weakens them quite substantially. Another Pokemon that could give you trouble would be Roar Vaporeon and the rising in popularity Haze Milotic. Kingdra is unable to set up on them and they can Recover off many of your attacks. A grass-type like Shaymin could fit quite well as it generally beats Kingdra and these other annoying bulky waters.

Either way, great team.

***** stars.
Yeah I'm definitely gonna take this into consideration. LO Heatran is a beast as lead and serves as a steel. On the bulky water mention you're right, I played apologies for fun and haze Milotic was wrecking. Thanks for the rate and ***** Heist!

yeah those dragons looks like it could ravage your team. so i haven't really got a legit replacement, but maybe look for cm jirachi + 3 attacks with shuca berry > mence. the choice of attacks include cm / grass knot / thunderbolt / psychic with the ev spread of 252 spa / 252 spe timid natured. what jirachi adds is a steel-typing to your team to take on outrage, and this follows your offensive momentum as well. cm + grass knot eats swamperts food, which can pave away an easy sweep for dd kingdra, flygon, and others. i know roar swampert can be problematic. shuca berry allows you to survive and lure in scarf flygon's earthquake and if it has taken previous prior damage, it might ohko after one boost.

minus that, well built team son! i can vouch for mix mence + offensive suicune's ability to pair well together. and with mence gone, this might lose some effectiveness, but try my suggestion anyways!
Yo, you have a good point, and superachi seems perfect on this team. Jirachi just clears the way for my DRAG0NS to sweep. I'm testing this for sure; thanks for the rate franky!

Quick rate or at least I'm suggesting fillers.

LOTran in place of Salamence with the moveset: Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse, Hidden Power Grass, Explosion. This functions extremely similar to your Salamence, as well as being able to hit hard the same things that it did.

AL50, 7YP1NG L1K3 TH15 was kind of a turnoff reading this, hurt my eyes.
Lol you have really delicate eyes, and I was only using "0" on CAP words. I'm really not going to explain why since it seems you don't know me, and as to why I used it. If you find any other number, please quote it.

Heatran, as I said before, is really interesting. Thanks for the rate though!

A quick nitpick: It looks (L00KS?) like suicune is important for taking on gyarados and is the only one who can take repeated outrages from scarf flygon. For that reason, wouldn't a bulkier spread help deal with this stuff. 174 Hp/112 SpA/224 Spe would still beat unboosted jolly gyara (can be lowered to 196 to beat adamant luke). iirc, it makes d-punch a 3HKO and also avoids a likely OHKO from CB/DDtar.

Sup ENZ0, this is an extremely solid team, and we've had some epic battles with it (especially that one battle we had...you know what I'm talking about). You really pulled through for us in SPL too, I think a lot of people underestimated how good you were and paid the price. I don't really have any suggestions for this team since it's already near-perfect and you're retiring it anyways. I agree with undisputed and the people who copied undisputed about the LO Heatran suggestion, if you ever plan on using this team in today's metagame. Maybe a Swampert over Tyranitar, or some other bulky sr lead, might help with some of your problems but you'd be set-up bait for forry and skarm in swampert's case. A grass-type would be cool for your bulky water problem but I'm not sure what it would replace. That's really all I got lol, there's not much that can be changed. Once again awesome team, and good luck in the future my friend!

Very quick/minor suggestion, as a lot of solid recommendations have been made already by more experienced players.

Is there an advantage to using Sniper and a 252/252 spread on Kingdra? Swift Swim is more useful against rain teams, and Sniper is completely dependent on hax. Atticus' EV spread of 144 HP / 160 Atk / 40 SpD / 164 Spe also makes Kingdra bulkier, notably ensuring that +1 Offensive Cune and LO Starmie can only 3HKO, which gives you more opportunities to set up.

Good luck with your team!

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
^ I second this. Sniper is a pretty horrible ability because it's based on luck, and the payoff isn't even that huge (+1 Outrage crit already kills most things). Swift Swim gives you a way to deal with opposing swift swim sweepers, like Ludicolo and Kabutops.

I also believe that a Life Orb Heatran would be a wise replacement for Salamence, as it gives you a steel type and a way to absorb Draco Meteors/Outrages. Make sure to run HP Grass on this thing to lure out and kill Swampert, who is a problem Pokemon for this team.

Good luck!

A quick nitpick: It looks (L00KS?) like suicune is important for taking on gyarados and is the only one who can take repeated outrages from scarf flygon. For that reason, wouldn't a bulkier spread help deal with this stuff. 174 Hp/112 SpA/224 Spe would still beat unboosted jolly gyara (can be lowered to 196 to beat adamant luke). iirc, it makes d-punch a 3HKO and also avoids a likely OHKO from CB/DDtar.
As you said Suicune is a key member to my team, and that bulky EVs spread looks convincing. Thanks!
Sup ENZ0, this is an extremely solid team, and we've had some epic battles with it (especially that one battle we had...you know what I'm talking about). You really pulled through for us in SPL too, I think a lot of people underestimated how good you were and paid the price. I don't really have any suggestions for this team since it's already near-perfect and you're retiring it anyways. I agree with undisputed and the people who copied undisputed about the LO Heatran suggestion, if you ever plan on using this team in today's metagame. Maybe a Swampert over Tyranitar, or some other bulky sr lead, might help with some of your problems but you'd be set-up bait for forry and skarm in swampert's case. A grass-type would be cool for your bulky water problem but I'm not sure what it would replace. That's really all I got lol, there's not much that can be changed. Once again awesome team, and good luck in the future my friend!
Yeah a grass-type would be pretty good here, and a FWG core is never bad. Thanks on the rate dude!

P.S. That battle was BEAST!

Very quick/minor suggestion, as a lot of solid recommendations have been made already by more experienced players.

Is there an advantage to using Sniper and a 252/252 spread on Kingdra? Swift Swim is more useful against rain teams, and Sniper is completely dependent on hax. Atticus' EV spread of 144 HP / 160 Atk / 40 SpD / 164 Spe also makes Kingdra bulkier, notably ensuring that +1 Offensive Cune and LO Starmie can only 3HKO, which gives you more opportunities to set up.

Good luck with your team!
Yeah, Atticus EVs spread is pretty good. I'm definitely gonna take this into account for Kingdra. Thanks!

^ I second this. Sniper is a pretty horrible ability because it's based on luck, and the payoff isn't even that huge (+1 Outrage crit already kills most things). Swift Swim gives you a way to deal with opposing swift swim sweepers, like Ludicolo and Kabutops.

I also believe that a Life Orb Heatran would be a wise replacement for Salamence, as it gives you a steel type and a way to absorb Draco Meteors/Outrages. Make sure to run HP Grass on this thing to lure out and kill Swampert, who is a problem Pokemon for this team.

Good luck!
Sadly, I would have to agree and differ to this. If I used this team to ladder, then rain dance would be the best choice. But, in most cases high-level play doesn't use full-on rain dance, just a poke or two. I have Tyranitar as my main rain stopper, and it function pretty well. On the other hand, Sniper provides its use as "BS HAX" by giving Kingdra the chance to unexpectedly wreck the opponent. The main point is that I will be lacking power with a bulkier spread imo. Although, Swift Swim is something to look closely to! Thanks for the rate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)