Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

You need to run around to make the patches appear. Standing still will not generate them.

Which means that in caves or on water, you better pack lots of Repels if you don't want to battle a bunch of wild Pokemon.
I meant running around. i meant i was on one route for a long time =/

But they do appear on route 1? ok, I guess i got unlucky.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Yes, they appear in Route 1.

Keep in mind that Route 1 is huge (there's a LOT more to Route 1 than the area between Nuvema Town and Accumula Town). It's possible for a shaking patch or a whirlpool to appear just about anywhere in the route, even areas that are inaccessible.

Hate to go back to page 2, but I didn't have much trouble with gym 2 or 4...Muddy Water Palpitoad was good at level 27. You could also Mud Shot after a Smack Down o.o

Freaking upset that there's no level 100 WiFi now and the only forced level has no same items >.<;

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Freaking upset that there's no level 100 WiFi now and the only forced level has no same items >.<;
The forced level 50 mode enforces Battle Subway rules, which means no Uber legendaries (aka Legendary Version Mascots, Mewtwo, and Kyurem) and no Event-only Pokemon (like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, etc). Also for singles you're limited to three Pokemon, doubles four Pokemon, and triples/rotation six Pokemon are mandatory.

Yes, it sucks >.< Needless grinding to level 100 is never fun.

Full list of banned Pokemon using the Flat Battle mode, IIRC:

Mewtwo
Mew
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Celebi
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect

The forced level 50 mode enforces Battle Subway rules, which means no Uber legendaries and no Event-only Pokemon. Also for singles you're limited to three Pokemon, doubles four Pokemon, and triples/rotation six Pokemon are mandatory.

Yes, it sucks >.< Needless grinding to level 100 is never fun.
Sounds exactly like PBR Wifi. (Except the legendary restrictions.) Can't wait. ^_^ Good time waster. Although I'm afraid its gonna be full of young children using their starter and 2 really bad pokemon they never leveled up.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Sounds exactly like PBR Wifi. (Except the legendary restrictions.) Can't wait. ^_^ Good time waster. Although I'm afraid its gonna be full of young children using their starter and 2 really bad pokemon they never leveled up.
I forgot to mention. The Flat Battle mode will also raise lower level Pokemon to level 50, in addition to reducing higher level Pokemon to level 50. So it is indeed a "Flat" battle.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Er wait no, that's if you use IR mode to battle.

I'm confusing myself now, so I'm going to stop.

*EDIT* And no, I can confirm that I'm wrong. Pokemon below level 50 do not go up in level if you battle using flat rules over Wi-Fi. It's only if you battle using the IR mode that all Pokemon become level 50 (and if you battle using IR, you're forced into using Wonder Launcher).

Battling in the Union Room also enforces Battle Subway rules if you choose Flat Battle mode :/ Union Room also forces team preview too, which is a big boo.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
So wait, can you turn off the team preview thing on WiFi (Either free or Flat)?
No, team preview over Wi-Fi and local Union Room Wireless is mandatory. Over local IR wireless (using the C-Gear), team preview is outright disabled, but you are forced to use the Wonder Launcher. Fortunately you aren't required to use items in Wonder Launcher mode (as far as I know, anyway), so any of your IRL buddies you battle with, you can agree not to use items at all.

I posted more details here. I didn't see it posted anywhere else, so it should be helpful: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3362741&postcount=2080

You're not forced, my buddy kept using like, Super Potions >.< while I still beat him with nothing =P That's what happens when you use a level 33 Pignite and level 14-15's XD I had two 28's, a 27, and some 20-22's...And he couldn't believe he lost >_>;...But this was on WiFi, it like, gives you "Credits" to use items o.o Was kindof cool but I wouldn't use it often.

EDIT:
"That means IV battles no longer exist over Wi-Fi."
OH MY GOD >.< I didn't even THINK of that! D:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
No, team preview over Wi-Fi and local Union Room Wireless is mandatory. Over local IR wireless (using the C-Gear), team preview is outright disabled, but you are forced to use the Wonder Launcher. Fortunately you aren't required to use items in Wonder Launcher mode (as far as I know, anyway), so any of your IRL buddies you battle with, you can agree not to use items at all.

I posted more details here. I didn't see it posted anywhere else, so it should be helpful: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3362741&postcount=2080
...So, we can say they made things "worse" (as in, whoever wants to play full 6vs6 will have to grind until lv100)?

just here to say Solosis is horrible in-game. and it's a shame because i love the way it looks and i was waiting to use it for so long.. but its just a waste of space.

Thank god for Dewott so far.. because my team and balance is horrible.

Reuniclus is nowhere near the monster he is competitively, no. He's still my favourite gen 5 Pokemon, so he's staying on my team, but to say I'm disappointed by his contribution is a bit of an understatement.

Dang, that sucks :< I had dibs on him with all of my friends XD (Reuniclus)...I think I'll stick to my team of Dwebble, Palpitoad, Petilil, Yamask, Pignite and Boldore...Really good balance :D Which one should I trade out for the electric spider, Galvantula, and which one should I trade out for the steel-grass one...Ferrothorn?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Victini question...it respawns immediately if killed, right? Is there anything stopping you from just leaving it there for HP EV farming?
It respawns as soon as you leave the room, so unless there's some catch like it doesn't give EVs when you kill it (I think the mascot dragons work that way, because I KO'd one and it didn't give any XP), that should work.

Wellspring Cave (Or something involving water-cave) has the mole if you enter a dust swirl, and the ground-crocs are found right outside (Going North) of the big Castle city (I'm HORRIBLE with names here, people >_>; Sorry) Not sure the name of the last one ._. If it's Japanese, that's why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)