5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

When doing wondercard seeds, RNGReporter shows how many frames there are, like 53, 55, whatnot. However, how many advances does that translate to? And it's the same as standard seeds, right?
(Using latest RNGReporter - 9.95, tried to catch flawless nonshiny event Victini.)
You have to copy your target seed, then go to the main window of RNG Reporter and change the method to Wondercard (5th gen). Paste your seed into the the main window where it says "Seed (hex)". Then, on the right of the main window there should be a button that says "Calculate initial PID RNG frame". Click it, and it will tell you the starting frame. Next click generate to generate the frames. Find the frame with your target IVs/nature.

Advancements = Target Frame - Initial Frame

Make sure you're in a Pokemon Center with no moving NPCs.

Is there a way to copy information from your searches other than just the seed? Eg. frame, nature, IV's, Date and Keypresses? Its a bit of a hassle to search for similar spreads again which is why I type them down manually to notepad.

Is there a way to copy information from your searches other than just the seed? Eg. frame, nature, IV's, Date and Keypresses? Its a bit of a hassle to search for similar spreads again which is why I type them down manually to notepad.
select it and press ctrl+c

Im trying to get this Terrakion seed but ive tried twice using chatot and no luck whatsoever

Seed :854F6CC6E5B6B894 Frame: 1 Needed lead: None Shiny frame:625 Nature:Jolly Ability :0 Ivs : 31 31 31 12 31 31 Hidden :Electric Power:59 50%F: F 12.5%F:F M 25%F : M 75%F :F Date/time: 01/30/11 12:31:16 Timer0: C7E Keypresses: B-Left-Y

So i've been holding down B+Left+Y from before the DS starts up, Ive set my date and time to what is needed and pressing at 12:31:15 as the RNG loads one second after i press. I then go to chatots summary 625 times (By moving summary pages up and down) Am i doing it right or? And if so why isnt it working?

Edit: -.- wow ive just realised starting frame would be 1 so i need to do it 624 times -.-

Hmm i've done that twice now :/ how can i tell where the PIDRNG starts? It'll help me for future shiny reference too. And when the required says Cute charm (XX) what does that mean? (As in cute charm 50%M)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hmm i've done that twice now :/ how can i tell where the PIDRNG starts? It'll help me for future shiny reference too. And when the required says Cute charm (XX) what does that mean? (As in cute charm 50%M)
Copy your seed into the main window (make sure to set the method to Gen 5 PIDRNG first, or you won't be able to paste the whole seed) and click Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame. 50%M would mean that the Pokémon you're trying to capture has to have a 50/50 gender ratio.

I have no idea what just happened... I rnged the wonder card Zekrom on my english black version on a seed for 6/3/2012. The Zekrom received had flawless ivs like I had planned, but the characteristic was Likes to Thrash About INSTEAD of Somewhat Vain. Additionally, the Zekrom's Wi-Fi gift date is like 6/7/2013... what caused this? Is this because I downloaded the wonder card while my date was shifted to 2013/

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have no idea what just happened... I rnged the wonder card Zekrom on my english black version on a seed for 6/3/2012. The Zekrom received had flawless ivs like I had planned, but the characteristic was Likes to Thrash About INSTEAD of Somewhat Vain. Additionally, the Zekrom's Wi-Fi gift date is like 6/7/2013... what caused this? Is this because I downloaded the wonder card while my date was shifted to 2013/
That's probably the reason. I just tested this with my unclaimed V-Create Victini and it lists the date I downloaded the Wondercard instead of today's.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
The date will be when you received the Wonder Card, not when you downloaded it, so there's nothing you can do to change that. I dunno what's up with the characteristic, but if you got the right IVs and nature it doesn't really matter.

Okay i am utterly confused. I am still trying for the same seed. I can hit my seed (Getting the right IV) but when i chatot flip im getting the wrong IV and a non shiny frame every time. Am i changing the frame by taking a long time (500+ flips) or am i just hitting the wrong seed when going for my shiny frame?

Okay i am utterly confused. I am still trying for the same seed. I can hit my seed (Getting the right IV) but when i chatot flip im getting the wrong IV and a non shiny frame every time. Am i changing the frame by taking a long time (500+ flips) or am i just hitting the wrong seed when going for my shiny frame?
Did you record a custom chatter? And did you do the correct amount of chatot flips?

Yeah ive recorded a custom chatter and my IVs are quite strange. Ive looked at the seeds +/- 10 seconds and none of them match what i get. If i catch the terrakion as soon as i press continue it will have ivs of 31 across the board except sp.atk When i do 625 flips i get a 31 hp iv and strange others. None which match a seed within 10 seconds

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Yeah ive recorded a custom chatter and my IVs are quite strange. Ive looked at the seeds +/- 10 seconds and none of them match what i get. If i catch the terrakion as soon as i press continue it will have ivs of 31 across the board except sp.atk When i do 625 flips i get a 31 hp iv and strange others. None which match a seed within 10 seconds
It's unlikely you hit the wrong second unless you have really bad reflexes. Did you check adjacent Timer0s?

Yeah, you're most likely hitting your other timer0.

Also, why are you doing 625 flips? You need to find the starting frame of your seed, then plug the numbers into this formula:

Advancements (the chatot flips) = Target frame (625 in your case) - Starting frame

You find your starting frame by going to RNG Reporter's main window, making the method Method 5 PID RNG, selecting the correct encoutner type, pasting your seed into the right spot, then on the right of the window there's a button that says "Calculate initial PIDRNG frame." So click that and it will tell you.

Edit:

That didnt cross my mind. How do i change my timer0? and what values are next to C7E_?
C7F and C7D. You can't change your timer0, there are always 2 of them that you will hit (one of them you should hit more often).

That didnt cross my mind. How do i change my timer0? and what values are next to C7E_?

Edit : Over exageration on the flips actually im doing 574 (Starting frame is 51)

Edit 2 : So there is a chance im getting unlucky with my timer0? As i always hit C7E_ when i test frame 1 no flips

Edit : Over exageration on the flips actually im doing 574 (Starting frame is 51)

Edit 2 : So there is a chance im getting unlucky with my timer0? As i always hit C7E_ when i test frame 1 no flips
Yeah there's a chance you're getting unlucky. Keep trying 574, you should eventually get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)