VGC '12 Mountain West Regional - Colorado Springs, CO - Won by Fishy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bringing along a handful of people, so hopefully that can help with attendance participation. Hopefully they all remember to bring B/W and not just come to scope out 'hot nerd guys' as they put it.

I'm bringing along a handful of people, so hopefully that can help with attendance participation. Hopefully they all remember to bring B/W and not just come to scope out 'hot nerd guys' as they put it.
I am MORE than good for having people scope me out ;-)

Good luck everybody today! We will have the single quickest VGC of all time I swear.

Looks like turnout is better than I expected. I'm here with my sone, he's wearing an ash hat and I'm wearing a blue dress shirt. Feel free to come say hi.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Got the final results in from CO
Masters
Fishy 7-0
Fish 6-1
Sprocket 4-2-1

Feel free to let me know of any more, but I have the final standings picture below

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
A guy (whose name I didn't catch) got disqualified because he taught a gen 3 zapdos Tailwind and it failed the hack check as a result.

Needless to say, that's quite odd as you can teach Zapdos Tailwind in a gen 4 game. But, unfortunately the result of the hack check stands.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
oh maaaaaan, so nerve-racking! still can't believe I actually pulled it off, haha. last battle was definitely the best one.

TheAshAttacks finished 6th with 6-1...I'm gonna say that is an excellent first regional ever.

And congrats Fishy :D those late night crazy battles paid off hahah, you had the team to do it.

I got disqualified because I stupidly forgot that Skydrop was banned last minute and taught it to my Zapdos. That's what happens when your lacking in sleep. At least it wasn't discovered until round 3 (and I never did use the move).

Fishy did an amazing job all day today. Same with Jason.
If I hadn't mis-clicked my last match I would have got 8th place instead of lordvader2719 (on serebii). I was REALLY sour about my last match. Video coming soon.

After the event was over there was a staff meeting I got pulled into to give my opinions on the event as a whole because I run the VG events in Utah. Things like the lack of a proper player meeting (Because this was the 1st tournament ever for about 90% of the players) and proper judging for ties and forced hack checks were all talked about and will be sending this along the chain of command to TPCi.

While in this staff meeting, I was informed that I was the only person in T16 who hadn't had a hack check - so if I had won my last game, the entire staff was going to give me crap for taking too long for each of my games. (they are all friends and acquaintances of mine so it was cool).

Props to Josetron and Sproket today. Them some cool catz.

I was also there, I placed 12th. My two losses were to the #4 and #8 players. I was pretty pleased with my first VGC tournament. I had a whole lot of fun battling and meeting people though!

Then I battled fishy after everything was over, lost because I missed an air slash but I also got a crit so it went both ways. Fish and Fishy were pretty cool as well as everyone else I met there. Thanks for making the event fun for me!

Edit: Forgot to say something, Congrats to Fishy on the win!

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Its friggin amazing how diverse teams actually were. I thought for sure weather would be the most prevalent, but surprisingly few i saw actually ran a weather starter besides Tyranitar (which is good in its own right).

Its friggin amazing how diverse teams actually were. I thought for sure weather would be the most prevalent, but surprisingly few i saw actually ran a weather starter besides Tyranitar (which is good in its own right).
SOOO much tailwind going on today. I saw little rain and played against hail once but tailwind & beatdown were everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)