Challenge The Orange League: Round 1, Sign-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can take you Princess. You can play dppt (sorry if you didn't want me to do this garud, i just thought we could use her)

Just a reminder: people can play more than one game, and more than one team member can play each game. So, if all 5 of you have all five games, you can each submit scores for each game. For instance, if two of you on a team both have RSE and TCG, that's good. You can potentially earn your team 16 points between the two of you, rather than just 10 if you assign one game to each. The three highest scorers will be awarded points, regardless of whether or not they're on the same team. If you just play one each, your team can get a max of 25; if you each play 3+ games, your team can get all 45~

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Just a reminder: people can play more than one game, and more than one team member can play each game. So, if all 5 of you have all five games, you can each submit scores for each game. For instance, if two of you on a team both have RSE and TCG, that's good. You can potentially earn your team 16 points between the two of you, rather than just 10 if you assign one game to each. The three highest scorers will be awarded points, regardless of whether or not they're on the same team. If you just play one each, your team can get a max of 25; if you each play 3+ games, your team can get all 45~
Isn't that a bit unfair against smaller groups? Someone who wanted to solo this would only be able to submit 1 score per game whereas a group of 5 could submit 5 scores for game, making it easier for them to win.

It's a team competition. If you want to win it on your own, you can (if you get 25, the most another team could get is 20). But, the stronger the team, the better your odds.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Well, ok then. I guess it makes sense to encourage the formation of teams, especially since this is a community thing.

A solo player would have to be really good to win on their own though!

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Team euheuheuh

• Pokemon Snap! (N64) ~ CrashinBoomBang
  • Pokemon Trading Card Game (GBC) ~ McMeghan
  • Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (ADV) ~ DTC
  • Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (DS) ~ Zebraiken
  • Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (DS) ~ Django

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
people for some reason forget that I am really good at TCG and Emerald?

I'm still available if anybody wants me for either of these roles (or both!).

I'm also a good Platinum in-gamer. Contest Pro and Miner, anyway.

Hit me up on IRC or whatever.

We can take you Princess. You can play dppt (sorry if you didn't want me to do this garud, i just thought we could use her)
It was fine for you to offer, but she didn't respond and someone else asked me, so I took them instead. So all good.

And now we have a full team. Go Team SteelSeed! I think we need a kickass banner or something, does anyone have banner skills? :P

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Haven't really talked to anyone about a team, but I'm willing to join with anyone. I have and am willing to play all the games (especially Snap :D )

It was fine for you to offer, but she didn't respond and someone else asked me, so I took them instead. So all good.

And now we have a full team. Go Team SteelSeed! I think we need a kickass banner or something, does anyone have banner skills? :P
Oh, I must have missed your offer, Espeon. :/ Oh well, my fault. Good luck!

I'm still available for any teams that need a player, I can play all games except TCG (unless my N64 doesn't work). Just VM me or talk to me on IRC :)

Jas and Zystral, if you guys want to try and form a team with me that also works.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Anyone else wants to join Rodan's group? I believe we need DPPt and now Snap (thanks to Birkal's treachery). :/

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
Haven't really talked to anyone about a team, but I'm willing to join with anyone. I have and am willing to play all the games (especially Snap :D )
Oh, I must have missed your offer, Espeon. :/ Oh well, my fault. Good luck!

I'm still available for any teams that need a player, I can play all games except TCG (unless my N64 doesn't work). Just VM me or talk to me on IRC :)

Jas and Zystral, if you guys want to try and form a team with me that also works.
jas on Snap
Me on RSE and TCG
jas and POJ and then decide later how to share DP and HGSS.

I think that sounds good. We'll try to meet up on IRC later.

Level 51

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Okay, reformation of the team Birkal was once in D:<

Team <insert Rodan-centric name here>

Snap: ???
RSE: Rodan
TCG: TalkingLion
DPPt: Wobbanaut
HGSS: Level 51

We had a Snap member, but... he was Birkal. Anyone?

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, I'm signing this team up for now; we're still looking for two more members.

(We have no fancy team name or image yet)​

SuperJOCKE - TCG / RSE / DPPt / HGSS
CherubAgent - RSE / DPPt
Shnen - HGSS
DHR-107 - TCG / RSE / Snap
???? -

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
Alright then, we've got confirmations.

Team Tumbleweed

• Zy - TCG / RSE / DPPt
  • jas61292 - Snap / TCG / HGSS
  • billymills - TCG / RSE
  • PoJ - DPPt / HGSS / RSE / Snap (TBC)
  • Deinosaur - DPPt / HGSS

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm glad to see that you finally got this project off the ground! Although I will not have time to participate myself, I urge everyone to sign up! The OI community is incredibly friendly, and participation in this league will be a great way to make friends (especially for those people who are new to Smogon).

Just remember: OI is the ~fun~ forum. Please do not ruin the spirit of the forum and this thread by altering scores or cheating in any way. Everyone is playing to have fun, so you should too!

One question, how is our stance on Emulators? I don't want to overwrite my save on some games, and I assume that if we do play on one that its legal as long as we don't use AR codes or a Speed-up feature or Save States. I have all these games myself of course, but I'm just wondering.
Like Garud, I don't want to overwrite my saves. In fact, the only game in this tournament that does not have an irreplaceable save is R/S! Thus, if emulators are legal, I'd like to solo this one. If not, I'll be willing to join a team as a R/S player, but I'd really appreciate some confirmation on this issue. Thanks!

This should be wrapping up in a few hours, so if you're still hammering out a team... hammer quickly~

Also, if you have any questions, you can always PM me or hit up #OrangeIslands on SynIRC to clear things up ^.^

I'd be happy to join anyone for Snap (using a real cart so long as I can do it without deleting my file) and any other game (using an emulator). If deleting is required and emulators aren't allowed, I'm afraid I can't play, though; I've had the same Snap file since the game first came out!

Level 51

Showsni, we can take you.

Snap: Showsni
RSE: Rodan
TCG: TalkingLion
DPPt: Wobbanaut
HGSS: Level 51

I'm still looking for a Snap player (this is crucial) and possibly a TCG player. Please contact either me, SuperJOCKE or shnen to join!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Cherub Agent has convinced me to join his team as there Snap player... I can also play TCG and Sapphire too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)