KelTar a keldeo/tryanitar baised team

Keldeo escaped banning by a rather large margin, he is great but not uber material. This team hopes to use his great coverage in his stab moves to help beat up opposing team with well known partner, CB tyranitar.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band

Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 146 HP 108 speed
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

It's choice baned tyranitar, he is bulky, he is powerful and he check or counters the vast amount of keldeo's checks with relative ease. Tyranitar sole purpose is to support keldeo to set up a calm mind sweep, with acess to crunch and pursuit, the lati, other psychic types and counter such as jellificent.

Keldeo @ Leftovers

Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The star of the show! Keldeo is one of them pokemon that can overcome a crippling flaw ( it's awful movepool) and still be a serious threat. Keldeo boosts the ability to work in any weather, not just rain as some people believe. Sacred sword means unlike most special sweepers he can hit blissey and chansey hard. Hydro pump just hit thing's hard and should tyranitar fall to a rain related threat, keldeo can always lay some pay back with an extremely powerful hydro pump, also sicne i am using lefties over life orb i wanted the extra power.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
- Earthquake
- Gravity
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

"Lando!" "The lando system?", "No lando Calrisian, he is my friend, Cardplayer. Scoundrel. You'll like him" and that pretty much sums up my feelings to lando on this team. he is the offensive pivot to my team and in a way tyranitars right hand man and friend. Why? Simples lando stops one of the biggest to choice banded tyranitar with relative ease. Through not perfect, unless your in nu or ru your probally not an uber terrkion check, yep thats his purpose to threaten any terrrakions thta use tyranitar as an excuse to hurt the team thanks to his bulk, intimidate and get offensive stab.

Celebi (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs:216 HP | 252 SAtk | 40 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- stealth rock
- Hidden power fire
- Recover
- Giga Drain

The onion now replaces latias to forfill the same role, but better over all.

Heatran @ air balloon

Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 special attack 252 speed 6 special defence
Calm Nature
- Fire blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden power ice
- overheat

steel reaper, offensive threat and th one who sets up stealth rock for the team. Heatran acts a solid offensive threat, that deals with problematic threats to the team, from mainly sun teams such as nintales and venasaur, as well as providing key resistances to the team from it's steel fire typing and ability.

Jirachi @ choice scarf

Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 speed and attack 6special defense
Careful Nature
-iron head
-ice punch
-fire punch
- u turn

I had a moustash problem, mainly the moustash of one alakazam, he could rape the team, now i am gonna rape him and support the team. Jirachi is here to stop threats such as alakazam cold and spread paralysis at the same time!Wish is nice as lando is basically my only soild terrkion check and has no relible recovery move of his home, same for keldeo and tyranitar.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
- Earthquake
- Gravity
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Thunder

Heatran @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Fire Punch

Hey!

Not a bad team. CB Tar + Keldeo is definitely an underrated combination, and it's especially good when pulled off correctly. I see a lot of small changes that can really help your team, so I'll focus on those for this rate.

First, I think you should change to 252 Atk / 108 Spe Tyranitar. The rest in HP obviously. A big threat to your Keldeo sweep will be Jellicent, which Tyranitar should be able to kill. However, with 4 Speed EVs, you're going to get Will-o-Wisp'd before you can get that probable KO, and that's a huge problem. 100 Speed is usually the standard, but with CB Ttar usage rising dramatically, Speed creeping is not a bad idea at all. You can also out-speed the Politoed that don't invest in Speed, so a weakened Politoed can become an easy target. Otherwise the Speed EVs will also let you beat most Skarmory, which is never a bad thing.

Next, I'd like to see you use Sub CM Keldeo. HP Ice isn't as useful as Substitute is in my experience. Either you'll get hard-walled by Lati@s, or you'll be able to weaken dragons to a point where it won't matter whether you're using Surf or Hidden Power Ice most of the time. Lati@s shouldn't even be a problem with Tyranitar waiting in the wings regardless. Keldeo is best used a late game sweeper, not a mid-game wall breaker. Substitute gives you the ability to bypass Status counters and weak special attackers too. I don't know if you've used Sub DD Gyarados, but Sub CM Keldeo works very similarly in terms of Substitute.

Next, I'm not sure if you're trying to handicap yourself with Latias (or maybe this is in-game, I'm not really sure) but use 31 IV's. 31 Speed IV on a Pokemon like Latias is very crucial. As I like to say, 110 Base Speed is the new 100 Base Speed. In DPP, Jirachi (which is 100 Base Speed) was the big benchmark to beat whenever possible, and in BW it's 110. I'd also change Thunder to Surf. Thunder is only going to be useful against Rain Teams in my opinion, and most of them don't deal with Psyshock well anyway. Surf offers better coverage against big threats like Landorus and Steel types to some extent. Also, Leftovers is probably the superior choice to Life Orb. Latias is more of a defensive tank, usually performing a pivot role and hitting teams hard. You need Latias to last you through a match with Rain teams (although you can use Rain teams to your advantage with Keldeo late game).

Obviously, change Jirachi's IV's if you can. No sense in handicapping yourself when avoidable.

Good luck!

Gravity on Landorus-therian? Why? I would use some type of hidden power ice. Or rock polish, idk I have only used landorus in his normal form, does L-T learn rock polish?

Anyway, let us get started.

Ugh, I am so tired and it is the weekend so pardon my sloppy rate.

First I suggest for tyranitar fire blast over pursuit because you don't need 2 dark moves and fire blast is a good counter to ferrothorn and other steel types.You may also want focus sash for more flexibility with his moves and a chance to attack.

I suggest surf over thunder on latias as well as full IV's because of obvious reasons. Thunders low accuracy and type gives latias no good coverage. Surf allows it to take out bulky ground and check steel types. Much more efficient then thunder.

Next I would suggest full Iv's on jirachi

I suggest a defensive set for heatran because you already have a main special sweeper. This way you can utilize heat's defense and still get stealth rocks laid out.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 18 SAtk / 240 SDef
Calm Nature
- Lava pulme
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Last I suggest instead of keldeo that you get a physical sweeper that works better in sand storm. Scizor is great for this. Excellent coverage and has a priority move. You need priority moves btw, you have none and they are almost essential nowadays.

Scizor @ life orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

good luck, have fun.

EDIT: lol, I just realized that you were basing the team off of keldeo and T-tar combo. LOL, if so then don't use scizor but that is a really unique combo man. never seen it before. god I am so tired, sorry for not reading it properly.

Hey!

Not a bad team. CB Tar + Keldeo is definitely an underrated combination, and it's especially good when pulled off correctly. I see a lot of small changes that can really help your team, so I'll focus on those for this rate.

First, I think you should change to 252 Atk / 108 Spe Tyranitar. The rest in HP obviously. A big threat to your Keldeo sweep will be Jellicent, which Tyranitar should be able to kill. However, with 4 Speed EVs, you're going to get Will-o-Wisp'd before you can get that probable KO, and that's a huge problem. 100 Speed is usually the standard, but with CB Ttar usage rising dramatically, Speed creeping is not a bad idea at all. You can also out-speed the Politoed that don't invest in Speed, so a weakened Politoed can become an easy target. Otherwise the Speed EVs will also let you beat most Skarmory, which is never a bad thing.

Next, I'd like to see you use Sub CM Keldeo. HP Ice isn't as useful as Substitute is in my experience. Either you'll get hard-walled by Lati@s, or you'll be able to weaken dragons to a point where it won't matter whether you're using Surf or Hidden Power Ice most of the time. Lati@s shouldn't even be a problem with Tyranitar waiting in the wings regardless. Keldeo is best used a late game sweeper, not a mid-game wall breaker. Substitute gives you the ability to bypass Status counters and weak special attackers too. I don't know if you've used Sub DD Gyarados, but Sub CM Keldeo works very similarly in terms of Substitute.

Next, I'm not sure if you're trying to handicap yourself with Latias (or maybe this is in-game, I'm not really sure) but use 31 IV's. 31 Speed IV on a Pokemon like Latias is very crucial. As I like to say, 110 Base Speed is the new 100 Base Speed. In DPP, Jirachi (which is 100 Base Speed) was the big benchmark to beat whenever possible, and in BW it's 110. I'd also change Thunder to Surf. Thunder is only going to be useful against Rain Teams in my opinion, and most of them don't deal with Psyshock well anyway. Surf offers better coverage against big threats like Landorus and Steel types to some extent. Also, Leftovers is probably the superior choice to Life Orb. Latias is more of a defensive tank, usually performing a pivot role and hitting teams hard. You need Latias to last you through a match with Rain teams (although you can use Rain teams to your advantage with Keldeo late game).

Obviously, change Jirachi's IV's if you can. No sense in handicapping yourself when avoidable.

Good luck!
faster tyranitar sounds like a plan, sub sounds fun to abuse and i don't rally need it to take out dragons.

As fro latias, I am going to remove ehr at some point for celebi after i decide on a set.

The ivs got mucked up as chnages were amde and it escaped my notice.

Basielous - i think i shall be sticking to choice band tyranitar as it has better synergy with keldeo and obviously the eves are a mistake as they were never changed from showdown as edits were made.

the heatran set I'll add in, seems a better choice, but removving keldeo for scizor would defy the point in the team, so I can't do it.

Gravity on Landorus-therian? Why? I would use some type of hidden power ice. Or rock polish, idk I have only used landorus in his normal form, does L-T learn rock polish?

Anyway, let us get started.

Ugh, I am so tired and it is the weekend so pardon my sloppy rate.

First I suggest for tyranitar fire blast over pursuit because you don't need 2 dark moves and fire blast is a good counter to ferrothorn and other steel types.You may also want focus sash for more flexibility with his moves and a chance to attack.

I suggest surf over thunder on latias as well as full IV's because of obvious reasons. Thunders low accuracy and type gives latias no good coverage. Surf allows it to take out bulky ground and check steel types. Much more efficient then thunder.

Next I would suggest full Iv's on jirachi

I suggest a defensive set for heatran because you already have a main special sweeper. This way you can utilize heat's defense and still get stealth rocks laid out.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 18 SAtk / 240 SDef
Calm Nature
- Lava pulme
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Last I suggest instead of keldeo that you get a physical sweeper that works better in sand storm. Scizor is great for this. Excellent coverage and has a priority move. You need priority moves btw, you have none and they are almost essential nowadays.

Scizor @ life orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

good luck, have fun.

EDIT: lol, I just realized that you were basing the team off of keldeo and T-tar combo. LOL, if so then don't use scizor but that is a really unique combo man. never seen it before. god I am so tired, sorry for not reading it properly.
Gravity works on L-T the same way it works on L-I. You use Gravity on an incoming Flying/Levitating Pokemon and EQ for the KO.

I suggest replacing landorus-t with either landorus-I, Garchomp or terrakion. Landorus-I gets an attack boost from the sandstrom and 101 speed is great, narrowly outspeeding salamence and jirachi. Garchomp is more needed for revenge killing purposes. 102 speed is great is a metagame filled with Salamence and Thundorus-t so a scarf will allow garchomp to get past Lati@s and terrakion. Terrakion gets a free boost from sandstorm and can setup swords dance while also being a scarf revenge killer like Chomp.

I suggest replacing landorus-t with either landorus-I, Garchomp or terrakion. Landorus-I gets an attack boost from the sandstrom and 101 speed is great, narrowly outspeeding salamence and jirachi. Garchomp is more needed for revenge killing purposes. 102 speed is great is a metagame filled with Salamence and Thundorus-t so a scarf will allow garchomp to get past Lati@s and terrakion. Terrakion gets a free boost from sandstorm and can setup swords dance while also being a scarf revenge killer like Chomp.
I would and i did consider them, but it would leave open to terrakion and for that reason I am not able to.

Gravity works on L-T the same way it works on L-I. You use Gravity on an incoming Flying/Levitating Pokemon and EQ for the KO.
You completely ignored all of my rate except that? Now he gets no help from me because all he recognizes is me not knowing how to use gravity. Thanks.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yes this team is very based, good job with it. One thing I noticed is that Rock Polish Landorus [The LO Special Attacker] can prove pretty annoying for this team. I'm going to ride the train of Celebi>Latias, advocating a SpDef Celebi to fix this a bit. SpDef Celebi is becoming increasingly more common and also holds the benefit of luring in stuff like Heatran or Tyranitar [before U-Turning out] that Keldeo can either set up on or have an opportunity to attack. Another thing I noticed is that this team is pretty slow and could use a scarfer to handle set up sweepers. One good point about this team is that Dragon Dancers like Salamence and Dragonite have a hard time setting up on any of your Pokemon, but if they ever are able to set up, it could prove problematic because everything on your team is highly threatened by +1 Outrage or Earthquake [ohkos Keldeo and Landorus]. You could always force them into Outrage and send in Jirachi, but you really don't have a very definite answer overall. Lucario's also pretty annoying because of Extremespeed, which does 80.07% - 94.35% to Latias and 74.61% - 87.93% to Keldeo when Lucario is at +2. Anyways Scarf Jirachi is a very good answer to all these problems, as it can outspeed the aforementioned pkmn, and resist Espeed, and ko them with either Ice/Fire Punch, you're going to have to sacrifice the ability to use Trick for Fire Punch unfortunately, but you could be very Luke weak w/o it.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SDef / 44 Spd
- Perish Song / HP Fire / Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpAtk)
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Yes this team is very based, good job with it. One thing I noticed is that Rock Polish Landorus [The LO Special Attacker] can prove pretty annoying for this team. I'm going to ride the train of Celebi>Latias, advocating a SpDef Celebi to fix this a bit. SpDef Celebi is becoming increasingly more common and also holds the benefit of luring in stuff like Heatran or Tyranitar [before U-Turning out] that Keldeo can either set up on or have an opportunity to attack. Another thing I noticed is that this team is pretty slow and could use a scarfer to handle set up sweepers. One good point about this team is that Dragon Dancers like Salamence and Dragonite have a hard time setting up on any of your Pokemon, but if they ever are able to set up, it could prove problematic because everything on your team is highly threatened by +1 Outrage or Earthquake [ohkos Keldeo and Landorus]. You could always force them into Outrage and send in Jirachi, but you really don't have a very definite answer overall. Lucario's also pretty annoying because of Extremespeed, which does 80.07% - 94.35% to Latias and 74.61% - 87.93% to Keldeo when Lucario is at +2. Anyways Scarf Jirachi is a very good answer to all these problems, as it can outspeed the aforementioned pkmn, and resist Espeed, and ko them with either Ice/Fire Punch, you're going to have to sacrifice the ability to use Trick for Fire Punch unfortunately, but you could be very Luke weak w/o it.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SDef / 44 Spd
- Perish Song / HP Fire / Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpAtk)
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
Agreed, so i have added celebi now and changed jirachi

bump, been testing the team out for a while now, it seem to work fine for the most part, but as landerous as my only answer to physiclly baised threats it's a bit hurt by that fact and i feel it needs something more to deal with physical threats, that often blackmail tyranitar into being ste up bait after he has koed something.

Sup Malomyotismon,

Interesting team you got here. Tyranitar and Keldeo is a deadly combination (ah god I am getting SPAMmed a social group invite, screw that, brb), anyways, yea, that combination is awesome and this team has amazing synergy. Being able to check rain and sun teams is awesome so you can win the weather wars much quicker however I don't think giving Heatran the stealth Rocks is better than giving it to Celebi. Rain is more common than ever and since Celebi checks it, easy rocks for you. Also a more offensive set with Recover is better. Recover | Stealth Rock | Giga Drain | Earth Power / Hidden Power [Fire] ~ Modest Nature ~ 216 HP | 252 SAtk | 40 SDef ~ Life Orb is the set I recommend. The offensive presence is greatly appreciated while retaining excellent bulk to counter Rotom-W and Keldeo as well. The coverage move is up to you, I prefer Earth Power since you can still threaten Fire-types but Hidden Power [Fire] lets you smash the omnipresent steels. Your choice.

With Celebi now getting rocks, I would say switch Taunt. This will let you counter and make stuff like Ferrothorn useless forcing them to switch and easily gaining the momentum. Taunt also helps you with annoying Jellicent which wall this team pretty hard. Taunt is also useful against pokemon like Scizor although they won't stay in, the switch in, example Heatran itself agin will be crippled by Taunt than getting a free Flash Fire boost. Also I am wondering why run such a strange EV spread but I would like to suggest my ver own Heatran spread that i use on my Weatherless teams. This is a veryu nice EV spead that lets you get a jump on certain pokemon. 252 HP | 4 SAtk | 240 SDef | 12 Spe ~ Bold Nature lets you come in on mixed sweepers (bar Hydreigon) and lets you attack assuming you get the FF Boost, outspeed other defensive Heatran thinking to outsmart the other standards with 8 Speed but to be outsped aggin while having amazing Special Defense.

This team is a true example of a balanced sand team, a very good team. If anyone needs help about sand offense I will instantly tell them to visit this link.

Great job!

Sup Malomyotismon,

Interesting team you got here. Tyranitar and Keldeo is a deadly combination (ah god I am getting SPAMmed a social group invite, screw that, brb), anyways, yea, that combination is awesome and this team has amazing synergy. Being able to check rain and sun teams is awesome so you can win the weather wars much quicker however I don't think giving Heatran the stealth Rocks is better than giving it to Celebi. Rain is more common than ever and since Celebi checks it, easy rocks for you. Also a more offensive set with Recover is better. Recover | Stealth Rock | Giga Drain | Earth Power / Hidden Power [Fire] ~ Modest Nature ~ 216 HP | 252 SAtk | 40 SDef ~ Life Orb is the set I recommend. The offensive presence is greatly appreciated while retaining excellent bulk to counter Rotom-W and Keldeo as well. The coverage move is up to you, I prefer Earth Power since you can still threaten Fire-types but Hidden Power [Fire] lets you smash the omnipresent steels. Your choice.

With Celebi now getting rocks, I would say switch Taunt. This will let you counter and make stuff like Ferrothorn useless forcing them to switch and easily gaining the momentum. Taunt also helps you with annoying Jellicent which wall this team pretty hard. Taunt is also useful against pokemon like Scizor although they won't stay in, the switch in, example Heatran itself agin will be crippled by Taunt than getting a free Flash Fire boost. Also I am wondering why run such a strange EV spread but I would like to suggest my ver own Heatran spread that i use on my Weatherless teams. This is a veryu nice EV spead that lets you get a jump on certain pokemon. 252 HP | 4 SAtk | 240 SDef | 12 Spe ~ Bold Nature lets you come in on mixed sweepers (bar Hydreigon) and lets you attack assuming you get the FF Boost, outspeed other defensive Heatran thinking to outsmart the other standards with 8 Speed but to be outsped aggin while having amazing Special Defense.

This team is a true example of a balanced sand team, a very good team. If anyone needs help about sand offense I will instantly tell them to visit this link.

Great job!
hmmm offensive minded celebi sounds worth checking out, as for heatran i don't really agree, i still see most mixed sweepers getting the jump on him such as why the hell are you in ou ape and salamence, being easily pop his baloon on the switch and EQ/CC for the ko. I was thinking about going back to something more offensive as heatran on the defensive seems to be loosing momentum for the team in a match and with celebi setting up rocks I think it's worth a try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)