Finals Smogon Tournament #9 - Finals [Won by gr8astard]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Shining Latios
Sure, that's part of why it is imperfect. Still, there's no point of complaining if he was just aiming that since there's no evidence that it was a PO bug. Concerning the trophy however, benefit of the doubt and sportsmanship should prevail...

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Zephir's suggestion is actually really good.

Not much to say about this tournament that hasn't already been said.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
- The Official Smogon Tournament #1 Trophy is held by cholena.
- The Official Smogon Tournament #2 Trophy is held by noobster.
- The Official Smogon Tournament #3 Trophy is held by Loki.
- The Official Smogon Tournament #4 Trophy is held by goofball.
- The Official Smogon Tournament #5 Trophy is held by august.
- The Official Smogon Tournament #6 Trophy is held by hanke.
- The Official Smogon Tournament #7 Trophy is held by imperfectluck.
- The Official Smogon Tournament #8 Trophy is held by Snunch.
* - The Official Terrible Tournament #9 Trophy is held by gr8tastard

No point taking the trophy away from gr8tastard now, but serious work needs to be done for ST10

Any more posts insulting Earthworm will be deleted and infracted. There is a very blatant difference between challenging a decision and outright flaming. I will clean up this thread when I get home. Grow up, all of you.

Congratulations gr8.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Well one thing that obviously needs to happen for future iterations is no more predictions tournament..

Pity, but the fact is it just doesnt work.

The shame of this is I wouldnt trust half of you guys if you had loaded the wrong team either.. Once upon a time people entered tournaments because they actually liked to play pokemon.

Still I wouldnt have taken the win like that..

Baffled to see users claiming that gr8 doesn't deserve the smogon tournament trophy.

He won the first game and for the record that was enough for almost every smogon tournament winner in the past to deserve this trophy. Not only that he also won it fair and square by playing better without resorting to hax, which was the original reason why the bo3 format was introduced in the first place.

Likewise there is a reason why clicking the wrong teams is enough to get kicked out of tournaments. Not everyone has the time or the incredible insight to have at least 4 top tier teams ready to use for the tournament finals in case one of them gets accidently scouted.

Yeah "PO bugs" sure, it usually takes only 10 seconds to confirm whether it actually loaded the right team, it's hardly an excuse.

Also it cringes me everytime when a tournament host who enforces rules that have been around for years is getting all the heat whenever someone fucks up.

Congrats gr8

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also, while gr8tastard's actions this tournament are definitely unsportsmanlike, and I don't believe he deserves the trophy whatsoever, he's actually been pretty tame considering how much hate he's getting. He hasn't flaunted the win, he's been pretty cooperative with TDs (albeit EW's decisions, lets just say "are in his favour"), and hasn't made a big post flaming the crap out of anyone yet. While I think he'd do himself a big favour by relinquishing either the award, the trophy, or both. He deserves to be commended a little for staying relatively calm. Key word: little

The thing that really pissed me off all tournament long was his little entourage, namely Problems and CTC, and specifically in this thread Valentine. Seriously, there's a difference between being a supportive friend defending their actions and being an obnoxious asshole. All tournament long, these users have acted as if they were the 3rd string quarterback of the Super Bowl winners. You're not doing gr8tastard any favours by flaunting his victories, and certainly not helping his reputation by engaging in flame wars. Seriously get a clue. As much as I'd like this tournament to start all over, and as much as I'd like to see gr8tastard disqualified, he has, to his credit, beaten some elite players to get this far. What I'd really like to see is something done about the likes of Problems and CTC, they're the reason the tournament section is so toxic atm.

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
My suggestion would have been to give gr8 the 3DS, then make them replay for the trophy in a bo5 where gr8 has a 2 game advantage. That accounts for dunk having seen his team. Then again, what do I know ^_^

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
Ah, so apparently I'm making the tournament toxic by posting sarcastic .gifs to try and lighten the mood whilst my friend gets the constant shit ripped into him by sore as fuck smogon users.

Me and CTC would literally be laughing so hard at the replies and response some of our posts have got, this alongside Hugo actually winning has made it all so much better. If you didn't want us to act the way we did don't react to it, it's so simple.

Shoutouts to;

CTC - For spasticated and retarded posts
GR8 - For being a top Asian and making his family proud
Nitro - For a 7/10 picture

Fucks given? 0

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
The thing that really pissed me off all tournament long was his little entourage, namely Problems and CTC, and specifically in this thread Valentine. Seriously, there's a difference between being a supportive friend defending their actions and being an obnoxious asshole. All tournament long, these users have acted as if they were the 3rd string quarterback of the Super Bowl winners. You're not doing gr8tastard any favours by flaunting his victories, and certainly not helping his reputation by engaging in flame wars. Seriously get a clue. As much as I'd like this tournament to start all over, and as much as I'd like to see gr8tastard disqualified, he has, to his credit, beaten some elite players to get this far. What I'd really like to see is something done about the likes of Problems and CTC, they're the reason the tournament section is so toxic atm.

With a taste of a poison paradise.......Don’t you know that i'm toxic??

Not gonna get much into this cause there have been many posts before this that are spot-on (see kd's and phil's posts).

I just want to say good job to any person who tried to keep a positive and fair attitude throuought the tour, who build different and diverse teams for this tour and, most importantly, the people who tried to their fullest potential to show their skills as a pokemon battler, even if they did not make it to later rounds of the tour, which is what this tourney should be all about.

(btw, not including myself there, looking back im very dissapointed at attitude during my short time at this tourney)

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
little too late now but when you switch teams on po, you oughta save before you close team builder otherwise it doesn't always load properly. this happened in spl and when i play on their server, changes to/switch sometimes arent incoroperated when you think youve loaded the right team.

the downside to this is when you accept the challenge, you can see your party in the challenge window. however assuming youve already loaded the right team i can see why du would accept (or initiate the challenge himself) and overlook which team was actually loaded.

anyway congr8s to the winner.

Congrats to everyone in the top 4! A bit of a shame that dirty tricks and rule bending seem to be the norm nowadays. The biggest shame is, however, the direction this thread is going. Good sportmanship should be expected from spectators as well.

Why are people bitching? lets be honest here for a second.. do you guys really think dunk had a chance it was just a salty excuse, hugo microwaved this guy.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I might be a bit biased here, but why in the world did you guys use PO and not PS?

Not going to comment on the rest of the situation except that I'd rather be reading the OU Suspect discussions right now.

Congrats gr8astard for winning battle 1 I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)